• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s The Official Beer Snob Thread

Back to the thread…

I have no idea if this is still available. I found it earlier this year and bought several over a few week period. It’s pretty awesome
View attachment 7753097

I'm a big fan of chocolate beers!!! My favorite is Youngs Chocolate Stout........
iu

I had become a true snob when I started brewing my own.
My favorite was "Big Als Crimson tide" a red malty ale that was dry hopped. I made a banana whit that was light a fruity but 12%, so it was served in small glasses. As well as a berry wit also high gravity at 11%. I was a founding member of FLAB (Ft Lauderdale Area Brewers) another member won the 1st Samual Adams long shot contest with his summer ale. Since then micro brews have proliferated the market, making it all but impossible to taste them all. I really like to mix 1/2. Guinness with a fruity wheat like SA cherry wheat or purple haze!

Partial to
Stone
Lagunitas
Ballast Point
Bells
3 Floyds
and so many others I can’t count.
Some recent ones in from trips to Utah and Wyoming this year:

View attachment 7756213View attachment 7756214View attachment 7756215View attachment 7756216View attachment 7756217
O’dell IPA is one of my favorites. They also had 90 Shilling aged in rum casks only on tap at the brewery last summer(maybe?) that was absolutely incredible. I love everything about O’dell. I think now that New Belgium has been bought out, O’dell may be the best CO craft brew(just my very biased opinion).

Reactions: XTREM HTR16
Here is another good one, Chimay Blue. It kind of has a cool story. It is a trappist beer, and like all trappist beers it must be made by monks. Those dudes sure do have the art of beer making downView attachment 7752671
Kind of a similar story behind this;
I have 3 bottles that have to be getting close to 30 years old. I made a maple pecan barley wine (such high gravity that it won't carbonate) it was pretty rough to start with, but it too is 30 years old now and has aged well, very smooth and a flavor that's pretty yummy! Got 7-8 bottles left.

• Love
Reactions: Odysseus1911
Kind of a similar story behind this;
I have 3 bottles that have to be getting close to 30 years old. I made a maple pecan barley wine (such high gravity that it won't carbonate) it was pretty rough to start with, but it too is 30 years old now and has aged well, very smooth and a flavor that's pretty yummy! Got 7-8 bottles left.
Oh man, you brought out the Samichlaus! And cellared at that. Well done, sir.

Ale beer is Golden Ale of the Gods , their is allot of beer some better than others. Their is no bad beer, the best beer is free beer. If you ask a women what is the best beer and she answers cold beer, merry her.

Partial to

O’dell IPA is one of my favorites. They also had 90 Shilling aged in rum casks only on tap at the brewery last summer(maybe?) that was absolutely incredible. I love everything about O’dell. I think now that New Belgium has been bought out, O’dell may be the best CO craft brew(just my very biased opinion).
Ever been to Oskar Blues in Lyons ? ( their original place).

Odells is good though.
Lady friend likes their sour.

Reactions: The D
Ever been to Oskar Blues in Lyons ? ( their original place).

Odells is good though.
Lady friend likes their sour.
A few times but not in quite a while. We just stopped for lunch going to or coming back from RMNP.

B9169E3E-3E42-4155-B4C1-28C31A7F8CB2.jpeg

Found some, it even came with its own glass. Delicious

Edit: whew, and strong too. I’m not finished with the first glass and can feel it

Last edited:
Someone has sand in their vag.

Prolly puts ice in whisky and cream in his coffee.

And maybe even doesnt eat BACON!!!
I think IPAs were created by "men" with man buns. :)

Drink my bourbon neat, don't drink coffee, an love bacon.

Last edited:
Two bottles with the glass? Walked by it last night, but didn't note the name.

Impressions I got were this; it tastes like Fat Tire from New Belgium but smoother and a lot stronger. Very good

I'm a big fan of chocolate beers!!! My favorite is Youngs Chocolate Stout........
iu
Even better if you can actually find it FRESH on nitro tap. In my opinion, their oatmeal stout was even better (on Nitro).

Where are you?
'Bama.

Sadly, folks here think beer is the shit coming out of our local microbrews - some of it is ok, but nothing like Delirium Noel (or Nocturnum). Another favorite is the Gouden Carolous Noel which may actually be better than Delirium depending on the year.

'Bama.

Sadly, folks here think beer is the shit coming out of our local microbrews - some of it is ok, but nothing like Delirium Noel (or Nocturnum). Another favorite is the Gouden Carolous Noel which may actually be better than Delirium depending on the year.
I didn’t see a location in your profile. It’s readily available in the north Denver’burbs

Reactions: XTREM HTR16
^^^^^looks yummy, I was in Targay today and they had Yuengling dark "Hershey" beer. It appears everybody is
getting in the game of Chocolate flavored beverages I'm in for sure.......

anybody drink Grolsch??
iu
Haven’t had a Grolsch since the tops were still ceramic. Not because they changed it, just because there are so many other good beers