• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s The Official Beer Snob Thread

back in the day. i am not sure if it was more because of the unique top, or the taste.

I had some last year, and it didn't taste as good as I remembered.

Probably brewed by another company now? For example, I used to like Rolling Rock and Becks, and AB has ruined those two since they bought them out and moved production to St Louis.

Last edited:
20211215_184058.jpg

My everyday beer is Yuengling Lager for reference. These are some beers that have caught my attention recently. Two are local to NC and one is very limited distribution to Wisconsin.
View attachment 7761428
Gulden Draak is a dang fine beer. I love some Belgian strong ales.

But tonight, I'm working with this. It's low gravity (only 5%), but it is absolutely top shelf.
4B64D3CA-5F97-4453-B786-3823DCD35732.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 37L1 and bunsen27
Budweiser is good stuff
many will scoff, but they might not understand how hard it is to make millions of bottles taste exactly the same every time.
i liked michelob back in the 80s, when henry weinhard's or lowenbrau were more popular.

There seems to be abunch of flannel wearing, man bun hair style bearded people in here….. COORS LIGHT FOR THE WIN!!!!

Tell ya what.....I’ll drink 2 IPAs for the same intoxication level that it takes 10 Coors or Budweiser’s to accomplish. Drinking IPAs has a much better cost:intoxicating ratio than buying a case of Coors, ya damn Rocky Mountain hipster 🤣👍🏻

I picked this to go with tonight's Christmas dinner of prime rib (pics in the Nom Nom Nom thread). Fairly appropriate as Chimay Grande Reserve (blue) originally debuted in 1948 as their "Noel Speciale" or Christmas special release. It was such a big hit they began year-round availability in the 1980s.
C4C99460-8D1F-4E53-911C-8C23414294C7.jpeg

Tell ya what.....I’ll drink 2 IPAs for the same intoxication level that it takes 10 Coors or Budweiser’s to accomplish. Drinking IPAs has a much better cost:intoxicating ratio than buying a case of Coors, ya damn Rocky Mountain hipster 🤣👍🏻
Absolute truth. But I"ll drink my 30 pack over the day and still be able to do the yard and work on cars. You really only have to do your hair and polish your Chippewas, so the easy drunk is a time saver. I got work to do man.

That’s some potent stuff! At 15.3% I bet you can taste the alcohol.

Had a Stone beer that was whiskey barrel aged and something over 10% and the taste of the alcohol was a huge turn off.
Trying that one tomorrow. Had the other one but no overbearing alcohol. These are really good.

Stone used to be one of my favorite breweries. Then they just started doing weird over the top shit.
They still have some great beers but I'm leary of anything new.

I milked the Dragon the last 2 nights, this stuff is so good it's scary........
153185F9-D766-4B73-8050-9AE268CB1AF6.jpeg

Maybe it's the nature of barrel aged beer, but I've found Dragons Milk taste can vary between batches. Some months of the year it tasted meh, other times it was great. So FYI if you notice it's "off" when you get another box

I milked the Dragon the last 2 nights, this stuff is so good it's scary........
153185F9-D766-4B73-8050-9AE268CB1AF6.jpeg

Maybe it's the nature of barrel aged beer, but I've found Dragons Milk taste can vary between batches. Some months of the year it tasted meh, other times it was great. So FYI if you notice it's "off" when you get another box
Interesting. I was going to get a combo pack last weekend. Newsom’s nazis yelled at me so BevMo is off my list. Got around to trying the low(er) octane version tonight. Not as good as the high test but maybe it’s just the batch?
D915D408-84DA-40AD-9416-4624D4524A59.jpeg

Reactions: mewillis
Interesting. I was going to get a combo pack last weekend. Newsom’s nazis blabbed yelled at me so BevMo is off my list. Got around to trying the low(er) octane version tonight. Not as good as the high test but maybe it’s just the batch?View attachment 7768106

I think the Dragon's Milk white is just meh overall. Not worth the premium price tag.

I think the Dragon's Milk white is just meh overall. Not worth the premium price tag.
I paid $2 per for a sixer. Done worse but the regular is definitely better and more bang for your buck. I’m hoping the batch of each I’ve tried aren’t the best and I’m staring crap in the face for the next ones.

Reactions: KZP
Doing a Founders barrel-aged flight with me wife.

0289C772-D07B-4390-BED1-14EE3601627E.jpeg

You've all seen KBS before -which is a really good imperial stout, as you know. But this imperial brown ale is amazing! Smells of maple syrup and cocoa. Taste is vanilla and bourbon up front, with chocolate. . lots of chocolate, and then a very subtle coffee note. 11.1%, abv. So good it needs it's own picture:

1BF1B6CC-3BD1-46AE-BAA8-3B5EBFB7771E.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: mewillis
It’s like a contest of who can pick the stupidest name for their beverage. ZCO won the stupidest name for a scope contest, and I wonder who will win for beer?