• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The "Official Shortage Thread"......

I have been on a supply run this morning.

I could not find any "Beef Broth". Found lots of chicken broth.
Shelves were very low or empty of "Store Brand" items. Brand name items appeared well stocked but quite a bit higher that store brands.
Costco appeared to have less Kirkland (Store Brand) items on their shelves but did have the same item in Brand Names for more money.
Selections of "Jelly" have dwindled. There is an assortment of jellies but store brands were low on inventory and the designer jellies were way over priced.

Found some once fired .300WM brass at the online auction in Missoula.... A real hodge podge. Got 70 rounds for $70.... Reloading material.

94BCC3EB-29F6-4E16-B7D0-251B437F4BD1.jpeg

I’m trying to spend fake money on cars, an save the bread and spuds for ass.
Amen.

You ever read the memoirs of the guy that survived Sarajevo? He said a can of food would buy you an hour with a fine woman.

The wife still has no idea why I've amassed a collection of about 200 cans of corned beef hash in the garage.....

I tried to buy a new washing machine and dryer.

Good grief, Every where I looked had display models and nothing in inventory.

I know that the current wait time for a Yamaha 300HO outboard is 1+ year

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
I want a 2ss. There are a couple around, but I’m not paying MSRP. I can wait, and if I can’t get one, then oh well. I can put that money elsewhere.

Reactions: SONIC SAAMI
You guys do know that you can go to Classic Industries and buy a brand new 67-68-69 Camaro in a box, right ?
Every part shipped right to you, you just have to assemble it.
Have them leave out the drivetrain, get a Dana 60 rear end, a Doug Nash 6 speed trans, and a 502 or 635 big block.
It would thrash that new wave shitbox GM plastic wonder car.

You guys do know that you can go to Classic Industries and buy a brand new 67-68-69 Camaro in a box, right ?
Have them leave out the drivetrain, get a Dana 60 rear end, a Doug Nash 6 speed trans, and a 502 or 635 big block.
I’d rather have the new wave shitbox GM plastic wonder car.

I'm trying to locate and buy a Toyota 4Runner, the model I want (TRD Off Road) is like fairy dust. I've looked and called maybe 25 dealerships, and everything is presold.

Bastard hipsters buying up everything. I wouldn't be so pissed if they actually used them for what they're built for, but NO, it's just a status symbol for them to go with their Mountain Hardware jackets, and Bernie bumper stickers.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I'm trying to locate and buy a Toyota 4Runner, the model I want (TRD Off Road) is like fairy dust. I've looked and called maybe 25 dealerships, and everything is presold.

Bastard hipsters buying up everything. I wouldn't be so pissed if they actually used them for what they're built for, but NO, it's just a status symbol for them to go with their Mountain Hardware jackets, and Bernie bumper stickers.
Be patient, they come around more often than anticipated . My local dealership was only supposed to get two with features I didn’t want (kdss). Some how got some strings pulled and the dealership traded a hybrid rav4 for the OR premium I have now with every feature I wanted. I paid more for it but it beat not having a ride after I got rid of my last pos.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Snuby642

Patience..... Like sitting in a tree stand waiting for that trophy buck.... Don't take the first one because the better will appear soon.

Go back to the nursing home, Boomer. Unless your name is Mark Stielow, the "new wave shitbox" will run circles around a first-gen car - especially if you're just throwing the biggest big-block you can at it with no thought put into making it work as a system.

It gets even worse if you dare run up against a ZL1.

Used to be some maniac that had a short stroke, big bore 69 Z28 back in the day.
Marine bow tie block with Brodix heads sporting 14:1 and a nasty solid roller with rev kits and stud girdles.
Seems like he was runnin just over 2 at the Silver state avg'ing in the high 160s.
That was 30 years ago.
ZLI can barely do that with 100k thrown at it.

• Haha
Reactions: Bradu
Used to be some maniac that had a short stroke, big bore 69 Z28 back in the day.
Marine bow tie block with Brodix heads sporting 14:1 and a nasty solid roller with rev kits and stud girdles.
Seems like he was runnin just over 2 at the Silver state avg'ing in the high 160s.
That was 30 years ago.
ZLI can barely do that with 100k thrown at it.

A 5th-gen ZL1 can be had for around $40k, and will run 200 MPH with around $10k in mods if that's your thing (it'll run 10s at the strip if that's your thing). Such a car will run lap road courses all day long and be so docile that the wife can use it to bring the kids to school. Stock long block, stock trans, stock rear end. Leave a few HP on the table and such a build can be done in a way to pass smog (doesn't matter in my state, but it's an issue for some).

A 5th-gen Z28 looks to be more expensive at the moment, but the LS7 responds rather well to the usual tricks.

You shit on newer stuff for being too expensive, but what do you think is the actual cost of building the car that you suggested? You'll have $100k in parts and not gotten any further than an incomplete pile of stuff on the shop floor. Betcha that getting "little" stuff like ARP fasteners is going to be a major project in itself.

It might actually be cool to hear about your past experience if you could enter a conversation by not coming off as yet another Boomer who is talking shit about anything newer than 1978 and blabbing about the past. Better luck next time.

Go back to the nursing home, Boomer. Unless your name is Mark Stielow, the "new wave shitbox" will run circles around a first-gen car - especially if you're just throwing the biggest big-block you can at it with no thought put into making it work as a system.

It gets even worse if you dare run up against a ZL1.
The kit cars aren't bad, probably come in under the price of a new camaro, can have a re-engineered big block, and can be flushed out any way you see fit. This is like comparing a ruger rpr to a custom chassis rifle and action. And lastly, you can see out the back window.

So, even if low interest, you don't have to cancel the sales. More lies.
Ukraine shut down the gas pipeline. Is he coordinating with Obama to create more shortages?

The kit cars aren't bad, probably come in under the price of a new camaro, can have a re-engineered big block, and can be flushed out any way you see fit. This is like comparing a ruger rpr to a custom chassis rifle and action. And lastly, you can see out the back window.

The Classic Industries shell is around $13k, not including front clip. A Detroit Speed front subframe assembly is $9k, and the rear end will be another $7-8k to do a four-bar with coilovers (shave a few grand if you're ok with leaf springs, and if that's the case, LOL).

The car is still on jackstands at this point with no powertrain, interior, or tires/wheels, and yet we've already spent $30k.

What's a proper big block go for nowadays? I'm not talking some POS truck motor that's been in the pole barn for the past 30 years. When just a set of rocker arms are $2k (Jesel shaft-mount), you're going to have a big smoking hole where your wallet once was by the time the motor is built, installed, and tuned.

The problem with all these pipe dreams is that people don't think about half the parts that go into building a car, they woefully underestimate the cost of the other half, and they don't have any idea of the labor involved.

There's a reason that the starting point for having a car like this built is around a quarter-million, and it's not because these shop owners are getting stinkin' rich from each build.

All of this could have been avoided if a Boomer was capable of saying something like "yeah, I get that this new stuff is really good, and by the way it's possible to build a fast older car if you can shovel enough money at it". But nope, Boomers gotta be all like "this new stuff is crap, and let me tell you about how we did it back in my day". And then inevitably the story is about how someone else did it, but they could have done that too if it weren't for their job and family and bills and all the same shit that would also keep someone nowadays from doing a two-year six-figure project in their garage.

It's no different that someone claiming that their pre-'64 Winchester M70 in .270 will outshoot an AIAX, and look better doing so. The first half is highly improbable and the second half is totally subjective, and so it's nothing more than turning good oxygen into hot air.

Do yourself a favor and look into the 1LE package.
It's a $7000 package and worth every penny the 2SS option not so much.

The 1LE is a phenomenal value, especially for a car that will tracked. A good driver in one of those will annoy the owners of many (most?) serious sports cars.

I'll leave the value of the trim packages up to the person cutting the check. I personally prefer a more austere experience, but many feel otherwise.

Reactions: 308pirate
I only drink almond milk, 1/2 gallon a month. Ole lady drinks 1/2-1 gallon of whole chocolate milk just about everyday, if I buy it. But then she doesn't eat much food. Pretty sure she's on meth too?? Can't quite gather myself enough to care too much. I digress; yes I've noticed the lack of milk jugs the last couple of trips to the store. I've bought powdered & boxed milk for my stash last trip. And I did buy a genset, but they were out of the $40 starting batteries, but now have them back in stock for $75??? Fuckers!
I did not see this one coming. Guess I best buy a few vintage milk cans.

A shortage on beer ? Oh heavens no , the world is coming to an end pack it in and call it adieu . Life is just not worth living with out cold beer on a hot summers night after a long days work only to come home and hear even more yelling . I wonder if the lack of beer will coincide with a huge uptick in spouses being abused ? Oh the horror fish falling from the sky with cats and dogs and water turned into rivers of blood , locust destroying crops these truly are the end times . No more hot dogs and beer at the ball games spits on floor . lol well at least there is still air.
Roll your own...

Reactions: acudaowner
I can’t remember if it was 2020 or 2021, but I remember a thread about people seeing an unusual amount of dead birds.
You mean the lab-enhanced bird flu? Or the ones falling out of the sky from...climate change?

You mean the lab-enhanced bird flu? Or the ones falling out of the sky from...climate change?

My area just got a dose of Avian Bird Flu. There were over 100 birds reported dying from this flu. All occurring in a space of less than an acre. Most were scavengers, so I can see how it happened.

The Farm Bureau has started radio commercials where they talk about the precautions you should take if you're around chickens.

I have been on a supply run this morning.

I could not find any "Beef Broth". Found lots of chicken broth.
Shelves were very low or empty of "Store Brand" items. Brand name items appeared well stocked but quite a bit higher that store brands.
Costco appeared to have less Kirkland (Store Brand) items on their shelves but did have the same item in Brand Names for more money.
Selections of "Jelly" have dwindled. There is an assortment of jellies but store brands were low on inventory and the designer jellies were way over priced.

Found some once fired .300WM brass at the online auction in Missoula.... A real hodge podge. Got 70 rounds for $70.... Reloading material.

You must live in some sort of backwoods dump

My grocery store shelves are fully stocked

I’d rather have the new wave shitbox GM plastic wonder car.

Fuck Obama Motors

I borrowed a friends 3 year old Suburban with just over 100K miles on it to move my kid out of the dorm and every fucking piece of trim on it sounded like a maraca and felt cheap as fuck

My 11 year old Honda Fit with over double the miles is in better shape than that.

I'm going to set a calendar reminder to come back to this post in three weeks. Just to laugh.

especially if you're just throwing the biggest big-block you can at it with no thought put into making it work as a system.

Typical hot rod: goes like hell in a straight line, gets eaten alive by a Honda Civic in the curves

Reactions: Bradu
Fuck Obama Motors

I borrowed a friends 3 year old Suburban with just over 100K miles on it to move my kid out of the dorm and every fucking piece of trim on it sounded like a maraca and felt cheap as fuck

My 11 year old Honda Fit with over double the miles is in better shape than that.
Typical borrower.
Someone was nice enough to loan your piece of equipment and then you get online and tell everybody what a piece of shit it is.