• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing The Stars Were.....LINED UP!!!

psinclair

Gunny Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Jul 11, 2008
Glasgow, Montana
recurvebull011.jpg

And I happened to be in exactly the right place, at the right time!!

Shot was eight yards, with my Black Widow recurve.

recurvebull004.jpg

recurvebull021.jpg

I'm still floating around on cloud nine.

Wow. Just wow. A spectacular bull, taken with a recurve no less.

That is how you get it done, congrats buddy! I was out with my 6 yr old listening to em bugle before the sun rise this a.m.
Let us know his score... I'm guessin 365+

HO....LEE.....SHIITE Pat!! What a monster! Well done Sir, and with a recurve no less....congrats!! Can you tell us the story please?
What weight is your bow?

Wow! Awesome. What an accomplishment. I can't imagine how it would feel to be 8 yards away from that guy alive and towering over you. True hunting in it's purest.

What a fantastic animal! That's going to be the trophy of a lifetime. Congratulations!

That is a monster! Plus doing it with a recurve. Have the green score on that giant?

Epic bull! That's the way uh-huh, uh-hun . . . That's the way . . . .

That's no surprise to me. You quit suprising me a LONG time ago. Congratulations on the biggest elk I've ever seen. Cant wait to come hold you hostage for a hunt one day. Grin

Spectacular animal! Black Widow makes an awesome weapon. Was it the indian or the arrow....

Holy shit that's a monster! Awesome job on a great bull. Recurve is the way to go. Which Black Widow are you shooting Pat?

Last edited:
Pat, i knew you could shoot a rifle at long range...your grizzly.But killing a bull elk of a life time,with a stick bow.
To WORDS for you.....BAD ASS great job. wagg's

Congratulations, a bull of a lifetime (or several lifetimes) for sure.

How hard is it to get a bull tag in Montana? I have been trying for 2 years now to get out there and hunt, and I get completely discouraged with the process of obtaining a tag, and where its good for, and for how long, and how to get access to the grounds, etc. I have the funds, but not the "know how." A bull like that with a recurve is just incredible. Enjoy the ride! Send me some tenderloin plz !

BTW: Pat, I got the sling I ordered from you last week. It is fantastic. I see a few more in my near future…Doug, Coraopolis PA

Amazing animal....I'm hoping to see at least one half that size this weekend....if I can sneak away from work.

How hard is it to get a bull tag in Montana? I have been trying for 2 years now to get out there and hunt, and I get completely discouraged with the process of obtaining a tag, and where its good for, and for how long, and how to get access to the grounds, etc. I have the funds, but not the "know how." A bull like that with a recurve is just incredible. Enjoy the ride! Send me some tenderloin plz !

BTW: Pat, I got the sling I ordered from you last week. It is fantastic. I see a few more in my near future…Doug, Coraopolis PA

Thanks! Glad you like it!

General elk/deer combo licenses have been under sold for the past few years. That license allows you to hunt for bulls in most US Forest Sevice lands throughout the state. Most of that is in Western Montana. To hunt bull elk in the eastern part of the state requires a special permit that you have to apply for seperately. Unless you are an archery hunter, the odds of draw are pretty low. Still there are some really nice bulls taken every year on public land general hunts in the western part of Montana.