• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

The value of his gun, priceless! California man saves family in home invastion robbery.

c1steve

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 16, 2010
WA
Some good news out of Cali, some good shooting as well:

California man shoots, kills 1 of home intruders - SFGate

OROSI, Calif. (AP) — A man defended his three younger siblings in a shootout inside their Central California home early Tuesday, killing one intruder and sending a second to the hospital with serious injuries, officials said.

Tulare County Sheriff Mike Boudreaux said the 22-year-old man defending his family was also shot in the early morning gun battle but expected to survive after undergoing surgery. Investigators continue to search for one or two more suspects. Boudreaux said the multiple bullet holes the family's home showed signs of a violent exchange.

"I can tell you, this was a gun battle," he said, expressing praise for the man who defended his family. "He was in a fight for his life inside his own home."

Boudreaux said the man was asleep at the home in rural Tulare County near the community of Orosi. At about 5:30 a.m., Boudreaux said he heard somebody kicking down the door, so he took his siblings — ages 8 to 18 — into another room. He grabbed a gun and the shooting started.

Arriving to the home, deputies found one of the intruders dead on the front driveway. Boudreaux said a video surveillance camera captured the injured suspect being dropped off at a hospital by an Astro minivan. The suspect underwent surgery and remains in serious condition, said Boudreaux, adding that none of the younger siblings was hurt.

Investigators said it was too early to determine if there was a past history between the intruders and the family, or if drug and gang ties may have led to the encounter

With any luck, the other robber will die as well, and maybe he will hang on painfully for a few days before he deceases.

If the wounded ass hole survives I believe he could/should be charged with 1st degree murder-for the death of his co conspirator, however; this happened in CA.....

Pawprint, chances are the wounded one will face murder charges. Our state is backwards, I'll give you that, but we still charge that and are successful in getting those convictions.

If the wounded ass hole survives I believe he could/should be charged with ((1st degree)) murder-for the death of his co conspirator, however; this happened in CA.....

Felony/murder laws do in fact exist in this great state. There is a chance.

I remember OJ's trial out in CA, maybe it wasn't that you didn't have laws, but the jury's in CA a "different", than in most of the country.....

This is kommiefornia, this guy will be sued for killing and maiming the intruders. The sad part is there are lawyers out there that will do this. Hmm would be interested if his gun had a ten round mag ?