• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos The view does not suck..

Some good neat places on the Small Eastern Mountains
IMG_1200.JPG
Cabin Winter.jpg
East 40 Bound to NC.jpg

1568904114496.png

1568904177751.png

Last edited:
Looks like a slice of heaven

It is a neat place. Pretty special regardless of season. Hard to access in the wintertime though. It’s called Woods lake in Alpine county California. I think I posted an early/mid spring photo of this very spot in the first page or two of this thread.

Reactions: Supersubes
It is a neat place. Pretty special regardless of season. Hard to access in the wintertime though. It’s called Woods lake in Alpine county California. I think I posted an early/mid spring photo of this very spot in the first page or two of this thread.
Have you been up to Raymond? Rumor has it every year the record golden is in there. ?

I thought I might mention my wife's family was related to Milt and Marie Sorenson. That's where we stayed for three days on our first honeymoon.?

Added: that was honeymoon Pt. I. Which was supposed to be "girl stuff". Honeymoon Pt. II was supposed to be "man stuff" and that was held in central Nevada. Pt. II almost caused divorce.... As of Sept. 19th, what followed was 32 years of captivity.

Last edited:
Reactions: Threadcutter308
Have you been up to Raymond? Rumor has it every year the record golden is in there. ?

I thought I might mention my wife's family was related to Milt and Marie Sorenson. That's where we stayed for three days on our first honeymoon.?

Added: that was honeymoon Pt. I. Which was supposed to be "girl stuff". Honeymoon Pt. II was supposed to be "man stuff" and that was held in central Nevada. Pt. II almost caused divorce.... As of Sept. 19th, what followed was 32 years of captivity.

Raymond doesn’t ring any bells for me. Is that a river or a lake?

Last edited:
Raymond doesn’t ring nay bells for me. Is that a river or a lake?
It's a peak and a lake. If you looked to the south from Markleeville, you see the two most prominent peaks. The one on the left is Silver Peak, the one on the right is Raymond.

You could get to the base of it by driving out toward Blue Lakes via 88 and Hope Valley. About 1/2 mile before you get to Blue Lakes turn left and follow the road out to Sunset Lakes (upper/lower). The peak directly to your east is Raymond. Anyhow, there you catch the Pacific Crest Trail and follow it around the north end of Raymond. There's a sign and a short trail leading up to Raymond Lake. It's right under the Peak.

Added: My wife and I got married in the meadow right above Markleeville, on Ted Bacon's ranch. She worked for him when she was in high school. Perfect day. A storm came in three days before the wedding and dumped a bunch of snow on Raymond and Silver. But, it was a beautiful 70 and sunny on the day of the wedding.

Last edited:
Damn at the views!!! Some of you guys are very lucky indeed.

I wish i had the land, time and money to be able to get out in nature and enjoy it like that.

Damn at the views!!! Some of you guys are very lucky indeed.

I wish i had the land, time and money to be able to get out in nature and enjoy it like that.
The cool thing about a lot of land out west is it's public. Go there, and enjoy. But, take care of it so you can always go and enjoy it.

Last edited:
It's a peak and a lake. If you looked to the south from Markleeville, you see the two most prominent peaks. The one on the left is Silver Peak, the one on the right is Raymond.

You could get to the base of it by driving out toward Blue Lakes via 88 and Hope Valley. About 1/2 mile before you get to Blue Lakes turn left and follow the road out to Sunset Lakes (upper/lower). The peak directly to your east is Raymond. Anyhow, there you catch the Pacific Crest Trail and follow it around the north end of Raymond. There's a sign and a short trail leading up to Raymond Lake. It's right under the Peak.

Added: My wife and I got married in the meadow right above Markleeville, on Ted Bacon's ranch. She worked for him when she was in high school. Perfect day. A storm came in three days before the wedding and dumped a bunch of snow on Raymond and Silver. But, it was a beautiful 70 and sunny on the day of the wedding.

I found it. Looks like I’ve been very near that before, but never quite there. Hunted the area southwest of there last year. Pretty rare I get past the blue lakes though.

Reactions: sandwarrior
I found it. Looks like I’ve been very near that before, but never quite there. Hunted the area southwest of there last year. Pretty rare I get past the blue lakes though.
The area Southwest of there is one of the few places I've found a LOT of mountain quail. It's rare you see them in other places, come back with the shotgun and they are still in the area.

Straight top knots and just a whistle. No call like California or Gambels. Just a quick, low key whistle.

Nice pic of the dog. It always seems when a dog is going to get their picture taken they automatically get that goofy dog look. ?

Reactions: Threadcutter308
Straight top knots and just a whistle. No call like California or Gambels. Just a quick, low key whistle.

Nice pic of the dog. It always seems when a dog is going to get their picture taken they automatically get that goofy dog look. ?
That’s one of my bucket list birds. Only seen them near leviathan. Saturday I’ll try my luck. Been trying for Sooty Grouse the last few weeks. Always find birds, but they have an uncanny ability to present a shitty shot opportunity.

Just an observation about this thread. Some are beautiful pictures of the great outdoors, others are of a place that is meaningful to the poster. But there comes a time in everyone's life where just waking up and seeing "something" is a view that doesn't suck.

I'm just saying.........

I did a short hike to an alpine lake about an hour and a half away from my house today. 7300' elevation combined with a very steep incline to get back out = I need to get into better shape for hunting season. The views were definitely worth it though, even if the fish weren't biting.

Trail leading to the lake. About 1/3 the way there.
42234718885_31727f307b_h.jpg

Almost there. Destination in sight.
29267279118_96ac5319f1_h.jpg

The reward:
29267164588_ac3ea9e07a_h.jpg

Nice, looks a lot like moose lake outside of Lake City, CO, just bigger. What lake is that?

One of my happy places

Attachments

• IMG_20191014_103650-PANO.jpg
    IMG_20191014_103650-PANO.jpg
    307.5 KB · Views: 129
This is in Idaho, looking down at Pittsburg landing.
Beautiful place. I showed my wife and we looked it up. Although I had been up and down US 95, I hadn't been to Hell's canyon. So, in looking at the reviews, one guys bitches about the 17% grades to get there! Really??? Should they (god ,or whomever one worships ) have created Idaho flat?

She went on to find a "one-star" review of all the national parks. Yellowstone got one because a guy only saw a bear there at about a thousand yards. Geysers don't mean much after you've seen one Etc. Yosemite got one because all the burned trees took up parking space. Of course, big cliffs....so what.

Wow! just WOW! What is it going to take to impress Americans from now on?

Reactions: psychogecko
These are seen on my daily walk with my dog in our 'hood. We're on a hill/plateau (5170') that gives some nice views.

Pikes Peak (14,110') on the far left and Denver (5280') on the right. The mountains in between (green) are just the foothills and only appear to be close to height to Pikes Peak because they are so much closer. Pikes Peak is approx. 74 miles away, Denver about 10miles, and those foothills are likely 35-40 miles away.

IMG_0660.jpeg

Mt. Evans, 14,264', on the right is about 45 miles away.

IMG_0665.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: sandwarrior
These are seen on my daily walk with my dog in our 'hood. We're on a hill/plateau (5170') that gives some nice views.

Pikes Peak (14,110') on the far left and Denver (5280') on the right. The mountains in between (green) are just the foothills and only appear to be close to height to Pikes Peak because they are so much closer. Pikes Peak is approx. 74 miles away, Denver about 10miles, and those foothills are likely 35-40 miles away.

View attachment 7197977

Mt. Evans, 14,264', on the right is about 45 miles away and Mt. Elbert, 14,439'.

View attachment 7197976
Damn, the area between Evans and Sugarloaf is one of my favorite places on this planet. If you get the chance, crawl around on Blackwolf.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
A panorama of the local mountain range here in the treasure valley. Taken at the highest point in Meridian Idaho, looking out over west Meridian and Boise.

FYI Resolution is 17512x3851 if you want to zoom in and look around

49259642533_95f4956145_o.jpg
Meridian Panorama