• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Maggie’s The Woodchuck and Firewood Hoarders Thread

Meanwhile back at the ranch you'all.

20211122_192103.jpg
20211122_192226.jpg

Nice Swedish stuff.

Maul is holding up well.....overstrike paracord has saved the day.....

ohMJzGll.jpg

Got to break out my detachable penis......

ZqS3NQYl.jpg

I think this is red oak. Stuff is fantastic. Its as dense as Biden....when I throw it in the pile it sounds like two baseball bats smacking together.

e5LnFTAl.jpg

Tomorrows work....

yjXhVxYl.jpg

Still to get to....

icAXRp2l.jpg

My pile of "uglies" that are going in the burn bowl....

HLeFCual.jpg

My third wood pile I have had to create....

aak8fVOl.jpg

ohMJzGll.jpg

ZqS3NQYl.jpg

I think this is red oak. Stuff is fantastic. Its as dense as Biden....when I throw it in the pile it sounds like two baseball bats smacking together.

e5LnFTAl.jpg

Tomorrows work....

yjXhVxYl.jpg

Still to get to....

icAXRp2l.jpg

HLeFCual.jpg

aak8fVOl.jpg
I haven't done that yet but, it is coming.
Your fucking cool points are going through the roof dude.
Super fucking fantastic, that's a GOOD job.

You may want to get into the firewood business, just saying

ohMJzGll.jpg

ZqS3NQYl.jpg

e5LnFTAl.jpg

Tomorrows work....

yjXhVxYl.jpg

Still to get to....

icAXRp2l.jpg

HLeFCual.jpg

aak8fVOl.jpg
You get a double reply

This is what we have left of pile 1
IMG_20211203_140353.jpg
and this is where we are at now w the new pile.
This time of the year I move the pile to the s side of the yard because it's in the sun all day. The other pile area is, because of winter, all shaded.
IMG_20211204_150934.jpg

And this is where I keep fucking up, I don't remember to put the flag pole up and build the pile around it's center.

Phil, your holz hauzen also needs a pole and flag put in before you fill the center w loose wood. That thing is going to make you locally famous, nice job again

This is what we have left of pile 1View attachment 7753678and this is where we are at now w the new pile.
This time of the year I move the pile to the s side of the yard because it's in the sun all day. The other pile area is, because of winter, all shaded.View attachment 7753679
And this is where I keep fucking up, I don't remember to put the flag pole up and build the pile around it's center.

Phil, your holz hauzen also needs a pole and flag put in before you fill the center w loose wood. That thing is going to make you locally famous, nice job again

Too hidden in the woods and behind my 8 foot log rack.

Wish it was visible as it does look kind of cool. It will be my "go to" wood pile because its in a shady area and on dirt. dont want the bottom of the pile to be loam before I can use it.

Should have built it inside what used to be the kids playset corral.

I chop my stuff smaller than I would prefer in hopes it will dry quicker. Im not one to get bummed out if I have to feed the fire cause the shirt is burning hot and fast.

I think it will reduce my swing count by 100% as me in freezing weather, warming myself up by wood chopping, does not sound fun.
I used to hand split for heat, living at 8500 ft.

same as Mr Z, nothing like a brisk AM and splitting in a long John shirt, cap, and gloves. Start out with a vest to not have my nipples ripping up my shirt, then about 10 min and just a shirt for a while. Usually just split every other day or every 3rd.

Reactions: IowaPlinker
Too hidden in the woods and behind my 8 foot log rack.

Wish it was visible as it does look kind of cool. It will be my "go to" wood pile because its in a shady area and on dirt. dont want the bottom of the pile to be loam before I can use it.

Should have built it inside what used to be the kids playset corral.

I chop my stuff smaller than I would prefer in hopes it will dry quicker. Im not one to get bummed out if I have to feed the fire cause the shirt is burning hot and fast.
You got that shit down, it's clear

Reactions: IowaPlinker
One of my favorite wood cutting accessories.......

d30Xqmsl.jpg

Throw that "smock" over whatever I am wearing and I really dont have to worry about destroying what I have on. wear the nice fFlson wool sweater and not get it killed, no problem....Matches my rifle also...

P7266945.JPG

Loving more of this red oak....

OChv3uRl.jpg

W2yf2XFl.jpg

Good enough pile for the mornings work....

GcsdBZUl.jpg

Going to prep the big boys for disposal after some maintenance time....

gs6r6zVl.jpg

The "uglies pile" has been getting fed into the burn bowl giving the whole neighborhood a great smell...

NIpGtE4l.jpg

Need some new gloves, these getting beat......

wGwKLQMl.jpg

Last edited:
My woodpile with todays added work. May have to start a new one elsewhere before I am done.

h6ExSTUl.jpg

Gave the maul some TLC....

8oYc5IDl.jpg

Hit the boner maker with the files. Took the depth gauges down for the first time.

uD8UJBjl.jpg

Was making some nice curls after the files.....

R3a5DK2l.jpg

All cleaned up on the neighbors side...

L5Hq1Exl.jpg

My next days start....

HH9J7mol.jpg

I wish I knew how to share some Snapchat vids w you all, I bout burned the lot down today. The damn palm tree was engulfed, like 5 alarm fire.
You couldn't have made a more perfect fire, lol, the fire was 10 ft over the top of that sabal

• Wow
Reactions: powdahound76