• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

These Bastards are eating Rebecca's Mona lavender

Can you drink the beer afterwards? Sort of like the worm in a bottle of mescal... :cool:

Have you seen them actually eating the plant? Only reason I ask is I have had holes in my plants from slugs. Before you try spraying anything cut a beer can in half. Put just enough beer to cover the bottom and set it under the plant leaves. Wait until morning. If it's slugs they will be in there after a night. It's cheap and doesn't hurt anything to try.

Definitely not slugs. I've lived here for 4yrs and have never found evidence of slugs around here.
If it had been them, I woulda broke out the Morton's...

Anyone got a magic solution for flea Beatles on egg plants that's food/bee safe?

Anyone got a magic solution for flea Beatles on egg plants that's food/bee safe?

They are eating my Nasturtium, brussel sprouts, and radishes. I hit hem with some food grade diatomaceous earth. There were none yesterday, but it may have been due to cool overnight temps. Neem oil, is supposed to work also.

Last edited:
Neem is not bee safe, I don't think, but the beetles and neem should be gone by the time the egg plant starts flowering. They are here anyway. My eggplants always got through the beetles with no help. They just looked like shit of r a little while.

Looks like a cotton leafworm

Attachments

• 1949066.jpg
    1949066.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 21