• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

They finally did it, 15 years too late

chevy_man

Old Salt
Minuteman
  • Jan 25, 2019
    Harris finally decided to update their 1960s tech. I can't believe it.

I mean, they still missed arca and it's silly they didn't just partner with rrs for a best solution. But at least someone woke up over there.

3agwde.png

wow Harris why the rush? Only been behind the curve for 20-30 years .

Isn't actually Harris' site, the QD pic adapter isn't a Harris product. I'm curious if the M-Lok one is theirs or not.

Isn't actually Harris' site, the QD pic adapter isn't a Harris product. I'm curious if the M-Lok one is theirs or not.

It is an official Harris product. Brownells and Midway both have them. New part number. That was just way easier to find on a Google search.

Are they still out of square ?

Who needs square when you have springs?

I still enjoy Harris on my hunting rifles. Haven't broken one yet and I've used some that are pushing 40 years old.

I still rock a ckye pod for the match rifle, but this makes the Harris a $100 cheaper option than what I did last week spending $120 on RRS parts for one.

Who needs square when you have springs?

I still enjoy Harris on my hunting rifles. Haven't broken one yet and I've used some that are pushing 40 years old.

I still rock a ckye pod for the match rifle, but this makes the Harris a $100 cheaper option than what I did last week spending $120 on RRS parts for one.
    I still use some Harris. They fold up slimmer than anything.

But the tbac is like a sturdy Harris so I’ve bought a pile of them

Reactions: jonnybrowning
    I love my old Harris two stage (they were $60-$70 back in the 90’s).
    It’s the two stage model so you can sit upright and hunt with it. A bipod you can only lay prone with is pretty useless for hunting in TN.
    I’ve got an old model 9”-13” Harris, but for bench and prone, I like my Atlas better, at double the price, of course.

Reactions: Seymour Fish
    Care to explain how they are "out of square"?
    it's been pretty well documented that Harris bipods aren't always completely square which is understandable considering its basically stamped metal and has room to bend/flex or spring back if you will where the legs connect to the 'frame'

15 years later and they're still 10 years behind

Just like that version of the Atlas
    Yes, equally dumb AND 3x the price. Their CAL and Super CAL are my favorite bipods, though. They have a couple of warts, too. But overall they best fit the bill for my use.

That said, I still have several Harris bipods that I like for what they're being used for.

Last edited:
    Reactions: roostercogburn98
    Yes, equally dumb AND 3x the price. Their CAL and Super CAL are my favorite bipods, though. They have a couple of warts, too. But overall they best fit the bill for my use.

That said, I still have several Harris bipods that I like for what they're being used for.
    Still run a set of Harris as well. Run atlas,gg&g, and accu-tac as well

Harris has been around a long time and has its fair share of followers. I’ve got gripes about most of the bipods I’ve used. I guess if you look long enough, that 10 can always be a 5

it's been pretty well documented that Harris bipods aren't always completely square which is understandable considering its basically stamped metal and has room to bend/flex or spring back if you will where the legs connect to the 'frame'

15 years later and they're still 10 years behind
    Why would anyone care if it's not "square"? If it was loose or wobbly that might be one thing, but as long as it's consistent who cares?

• Haha
    Reactions: b6graham
    Once you throw a 20lb+ rifle down onto a Harris enough times, its stamped-metal bends back into square again, so some might argue It's more of a "feature" than an "issue". 😜