• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Think I’ll take a step forward with the Vudoo, well 22lr anyway. Let’s try a Quad

Now it’s a Sako barrel
664F034D-44E7-41BB-AA65-C1F50BA59A8C.jpeg

Yes this is the Quad
lil gun
100 yards

consistent speed node was really what I was after on this trip. That and get a zero to work with. Seems There is more speed to be had with this combo so I’ll keep moving forward.

Back in the 1980's silhouette hand gun shooters would pull 22 mag bullets and load 223 rifle bullets .
With the same powder charge .
but that was in contender 22 mag barrels

@Geno C. -- out of curiosity -- do you plan on making the bullets available for sale when this project is "finished"? I ask because I am getting set up to start reloading .22lr and would love to try out your creation!

Thanks in advance... I'm really looking forward to seeing what you can do with these either way man... great job!

@Geno C. -- out of curiosity -- do you plan on making the bullets available for sale when this project is "finished"? I ask because I am getting set up to start reloading .22lr and would love to try out your creation!

Thanks in advance... I'm really looking forward to seeing what you can do with these either way man... great job!
The bullets are from Badlands Precision.

The bullets are from Badlands Precision.

I don't see the bullets for sale here... 🤔 (I saw that they were from Badlands Precision...) I was under the impression that Geno C. was still developing his bullet and wasn't finished with it yet...[/url]

Last edited:
Also talked about in this thread.

Here is post 96
Currently these aren’t available to the public. The guys and badlands and myself wouldn’t want an unproven design out there. It’s one step at a time in the testing and evaluation. Once I’m certain that it doesn’t what I want it to do, then it’ll be available

Reactions: One Mile Up

The first generation of the bullet is proven to work. It does what I wanted and more tha. I expected. I’ve talked with Badlands, and whenever they want to release them to the public, is up to them and their production capacity. This was thrown on their plate on top of all the things that they had in the works before I started this project.

The second gen. Bullet hasn’t been fired from a barrel yet. It’s designed to take advantage of a different barrel geometry gain speed and increase weight with no negatives. The new barrel geometry should still fire regular lead ammo just fine, but I haven’t proven that yet.

I would say the more interest they receive, the faster they bring this bullet into full production

Awesome!

Just so I have this right... If they _were_ to produce the gen 1 projectiles and sell them -- they would have to be fed into the action one at a time due to not fitting into a standard .22lr magazine - correct?

Oh, and CONGRATS on seeing the first phase of your project come to fruition! 🍻

Reactions: Geno C.
What fps you seeing on the missiles you got ready to launch the acc #9 might be your go to

1240 is a safe speed so far. Got some over 1300 but not all the cases survive at that speed

1240 is a safe speed so far. Got some over 1300 but not all the cases survive at that speed
I was just fixing to say that's pushing it, no doubt your running min. head space as possible to gain case support do the steel FEDARM coated cases hold up better then the brass ?

I’ve used their brass stuff and couldn’t get it to be consistent no matter what sorting I did

I’ve used their brass stuff and couldn’t get it to be consistent no matter what sorting I did
It looks like your ring crimping the bullet for retention? Have you tried neck wiping to retain it for more consistancy ?

It’s not really a crimp. I made a make shift “neck sizing” die out of a scrap 223 barrel. The rifling is actually sizing the neck down to give it grip on the bullet. Once I get to really where I want to be with all the load info, I’ll make a proper bushing die and start changing the tension that retains the bullet

It’s not really a crimp. I made a make shift “neck sizing” die out of a scrap 223 barrel. The rifling is actually sizing the neck down to give it grip on the bullet. Once I get to really where I want to be with all the load info, I’ll make a proper bushing die and start changing the tension that retains the bullet
Gotcha that's far better then ring crimping I made one out of A2 today a donut style I turned the bullet shank to expand the brass .0003 under the chamber size then my die was .0008 under chamber. It passed through really easy I hope a .150 shoulder with .0005 interference is enough. You proably already know but with the dual alloy Noslers it might be different.

Probably both. The gen 2 is simply designed or a different barrel geometry. It’s not a common thing in the 22 industry Yet so I’m not sure how it’ll behave with traditional ammo

It’s had great information in it. Have you received the K&P barrel yet?
Off subject maybe. You had great weather in KS this last week I was stuck working. How did the ELR go?

I haven’t got that barrel yet. Just a waiting game from that point of this.

The weather was awesome in KS! The ground still being cold and the sun being warm, it didn’t take long for the mirage to get out of hand. It was a great trip though

Reactions: Bryan W M