• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Think I’ll take a step forward with the Vudoo, well 22lr anyway. Let’s try a Quad

Been working on this whenever I can. Been trying to get something consistent speed wise so the 217/222” bullet can be shot over the AB radar today. Should have some results on bc and consistency. A friend will be shooting it because I can’t guarantee I’ll be free from work and be able to.

Been running AA9 has been running around 1300fps but every once in a while it’ll pop a case. I switched to N105 for the radar run and will be running at 1200fps for safety. I was able to get a solid load that held for 2 different range trips so as long as it does what it shows it will, we should get some solid data this evening.
2CF5EE29-122F-4ACF-93E1-3B117DC6BC78.jpeg
FBE83BEA-E68F-4BF3-943E-BBB8E0D39B05.jpeg
93FA6E10-0DBC-43EF-AE87-8A5782BA505F.jpeg

EE462774-B46B-4B90-B5B9-6087073AF5A8.png
DC9C8E9C-A81D-415D-97D4-B17C7778E2DC.jpeg
A98C4C8D-8545-4DDF-B4BE-2FC3D725FF20.jpeg
3342D7DD-DDBE-4395-A3F3-98E0F8446864.jpeg
Been working with this some just always forget to update here. This was a comparison of the 50gr from Badlands and Cutting Edge. Cutting edge runs a bit faster. I’ll have to run the numbers to see if that makes up for the lower bc enough though. This load wasn’t tuned for either bullet. It was just the highest load of Pro Reach that I would run with hopes of all of the cases holding together. This was also shot with the CCI cases that came with the Cutting edge bullets, and it the usual Eley cases I’ve been using lately.

View attachment 7760977View attachment 7760978View attachment 7760979View attachment 7760981Been working with this some just always forget to update here. This was a comparison of the 50gr from Badlands and Cutting Edge. Cutting edge runs a bit faster. I’ll have to run the numbers to see if that makes up for the lower bc enough though. This load wasn’t tuned for either bullet. It was just the highest load of Pro Reach that I would run with hopes of all of the cases holding together. This was also shot with the CCI cases that came with the Cutting edge bullets, and it the usual Eley cases I’ve been using lately.
Geno C,
So to back pedal, what was the farthest range you’ve taken the factory 40 grain lead loads?
What was the fastest useful twist for factory lead fodder?

It's like a micro .22 Blackout... 😂 I love it! Man, I'd build/buy one in a heartbeat if I could get ammo for it at a decent price, or if I could reload my own .22LR brass with new primers, instead of all the hassle of repriming with compound.
I don’t reprime.

Just the little speed/pressure comparison I did a couple weeks ago. Been always from home over the holidays and will hopefully be working on 22 stuff again soon. David Kiff is supposed to be sending me an action and some other stuff to start working with the 22lr centerfire brass

How much does that change the pressure and burn rate dynamics? Seems like it’s reducing available powder volume space in the case by 1/3 or just under?

It’s reduced by quite a bit. Not sure how it will act compared to rimfire, besides able to handle much more pressure

Reactions: Anb618