• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thinking about leaving California

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

You do realize that you are saying no to another red vote don't you?
Everyone thinks they’re a moderate, and it’s only those to their left and their right that are loonies.

Edited for what I meant, not what I typed...

Last edited:
You can move to Colorado and drive the value of my house up. I’m looking for maximum return when I decide to sell and move somewhere cooler and farther away from everyone

Reactions: USMC mustang
I thought Nebraska had a veterans deal for property taxes; like none if you're disabled, any.

Best call ahead, wherever you go, and get property tax, insurance and utilities costs before you jump. Realtors can really help, if you get a good old-fashioned one, not a millennial idiot. When I moved from S.E. Texas to North Carolina, I found my property taxes decreased about 35%, my auto insurance decreased by over 50% and my electric bills dropped over 50%. Offset that by the state income tax we pay, which we didn’t have in Texas. Even though NC has a Democrat governor, it is a red state. I miss the Texas seafood and the rifle ranges that were plentiful. I don’t miss the trashy ass multicultural idiots, the hurricanes, living on my home generator for two weeks at a time when hurricanes take over, boarding up the whole damn house, the drugs, the nasty ass humidity that you don’t understand if you were born in San Diego, or the speeding tickets and broken windshields my Vette sustained on I-10 each year, much less the floods in areas never before flooded. Unfortunately, our property taxes in both states mainly pays to educate the brown wave known as the children of illegal immigrants. Our local hospital will soon close for good because the farmers keep hiring illegals, who take advantage of our oh so compassionate laws that give all ten of their bambino’s free emergent care service for a runny nose or the shits they get from eating all the free school food we graciously provide. Cause we be the country of dumb ole white boys and girls that feel bad for all illegals. I don’t know which state has more illegals, but I suspect NC farmers help win that battle. I keep hoping our funny buddy in North Korea will launch a couple of big bangers at both coasts, and maybe overshoot into DC🤠☠.

Last edited:
Reactions: theLBC
Texas is not full of liberals.
We are fed up with liberals.

Would not feed one or thier kids if dying.

Seriously.

Reactions: BigTex
texas is pretty nice in the spring and fall. summer and winter, not so much.

one of my friends bought property in idaho (hauser lake) back in the 90s.
even back then they didn't warm to anyone from california.
want to go hunting, boy? no thanks. :p
i've been telling people for years to get their license plate for idaho before you move.
i suspect a lot more places are like that now.

/i'll hold the flag.

Well, iffin ya gunna pert on dat smellen stuff end yuz gots mer den free teefs. Da hills en hollers be ok fer ya. Sides iffin ya int likked har. Weez SSS!!
Fer yuz ferriners. Dats Shoot Shovel Shut up!
I get it. Nobody wants a refugee from this liberal state over run with left wing granola munching milenials with their home made deodorant and vegan safe shoes.

Texans are nice friendly people. No one would say anything to y’all. Just wear a hat with a Star and you will fit right in. We do have a lot of huntin fishin and shootin.

ps we don’t go hunting fishing and shooting. It huntin fishin shootin

Texans are nice friendly people. No one would say anything to y’all. Just wear a hat with a Star and you will fit right in. We do have a lot of huntin fishin and shootin.

ps we don’t go hunting fishing and shooting. It huntin fishin shootin
Don’t forget drink lots of beer

I moved to rural MO. No gun control and I shoot on my own property. Low taxes and cost of living

Did we just get compared to the taliban by that bitch? And us Texans don’t claim her, she’s from around San Antonio I think.

Reactions: Snuby642
L.A. native currently in San DiegoI'm in the process of reducing my footprint here before I move , been in Commiefornia most of my life, raised my kids here .I remember being able to open carry here with barely a glance by the local gendarmerie, now that'll get you shot. I've got property in Arizona , friends in Vegas and my girlfriend is from Louisiana . Personally I can't wait to get out , the sooner the better.
Be informed before you move , about everything , subscribe to the local newspaper , know some local history and customs and good luck

L.A. native currently in San DiegoI'm in the process of reducing my footprint here before I move , been in Commiefornia most of my life, raised my kids here .I remember being able to open carry here with barely a glance by the local gendarmerie, now that'll get you shot. I've got property in Arizona , friends in Vegas and my girlfriend is from Louisiana . Personally I can't wait to get out , the sooner the better.
Be informed before you move , about everything , subscribe to the local newspaper , know some local history and customs and good luck

The grass is always greener on the other side. Wife and I left midwest and moved to Washington. Stayed for two years and now we’re back. Sure, we miss mountains and hiking, but that’s it. Home was home. Washington never felt like home

I've wondered about TX property taxes since it's one of the few left with no state income tax. You mind sharing what kind of #'s and location please? Thanks

I used to live in San Pedro, CA and property taxes were 1.25% and I paid $10,000 a year. I now live in a small town in Texas. The property taxes are 2%. Texas doesn’t have Prop 13, so our property taxes are assessed every year. With a lot of people coming from CA to North Texas, property values have risen dramatically in the last 5 to 6 years and so have property taxes. When I purchased my house 9 years ago my taxes were about $4500 a year, last year I paid $7000. The property tax bill is still less than I paid in San Pedro, but it’s going to be the same soon. With that said I left a 1900 square foot house on a eighth of an acre to a 3000 square foot house on 56 acres. When I moved to Texas you could still haggle on the price, not so much anymore. The same people who moved from CA to here changed all of that.

@Shooter McGavin Make sure you're not missing out on any prop tax breaks. There's a conservation program in my area that reduces prop tax a good bit. All I have to do is agree to not develope the land for the term (believe 10yr but would have to confirm). Even if I did develope, all I owe is the tax that I would have paid.

@Shooter McGavin Make sure you're not missing out on any prop tax breaks. There's a conservation program in my area that reduces prop tax a good bit. All I have to do is agree to not develope the land for the term (believe 10yr but would have to confirm). Even if I did develope, all I owe is the tax that I would have paid.

The problem I have is fighting the county to get 4 acres of land ag exempt. Those 4 acres equate to about $60,000.00. It’s like pulling teeth to get those acres exempt. If I can ever get them to break, I’ll save another $1,200 off my taxes. The original property was only 5 acres, which is why I get tax a higher rate on those acres. The person I bought off of purchased another 15 acres, but never got ag exempt for the 4 acres. I fenced it off and use it as pasture. Then I purchased another 36 acres. So, I get 4 different taxes bills for each section every year. The tax assessor office try’s to be less than helpful. The area is growing and they want more money.

I've wondered about TX property taxes since it's one of the few left with no state income tax. You mind sharing what kind of #'s and location please? Thanks
Really depends on what county and some areas also have city taxes. We're in Bell Co and also in the city limits of Belton so our taxes run about 2.3% of assesed value.

Whats funny to me is the people who want red votes and then tell patriots to stay out. I understand the mentality but its not always the best answer. I will always vote red no matter where I live.

I will do everything I can to raise my son right (pun intended) but he will be influenced by his surroundings no matter what i do to steer him in the best direction. When he grows up around a bunch of libs there's a good chance he will be corrupted by his peers and schools and might end up a blue voter. I have several friends and family who have kids in their teens- 30s and they are WAY left despite what their parents try to say. I hope to put my son in a healthy environment with like minded families so most of his impressionable influences have the same core values as my wife and i.

Really depends on what county and some areas also have city taxes. We're in Bell Co and also in the city limits of Belton so our taxes run about 2.3% of assesed value.
Ok thanks. I have a buddy in McKinney he said the real estate market has really gone up and away in recent years including cost of living. We are 1.09% here currently in my county, 8.5% sales tax and utilities are quite reasonable coupled with no state income tax and long term capital gains treatment is 12 months so pretty darn advantageous. Given that I hate weather under 70 it's gonna take a lot to get me to move north!

Last edited:
My wife and I are San Diego natives, born and raised here. My wife and I have tossed up the idea of leaving this liberal state but our talks have become more serious to the point of looking for homes and jobs. Especially now our son is in school. I have traveled to a few places for hunting but don't know much about where to go. Right now we are looking at Arizona, Texas, Colorado, and Nebraska. We just want to get away from this commie state.

We are leaning towards Omaha Nebraska right now. What we are really trying to figure out the wages and quantity of work. Hard leaving Southern California wages behind. Really trying to find a place where the income to cost of living is equivalent or better than San Diego. I am in construction, commercial heating and air, and specialize in hospitals. My wife is a registered nurse.

What does the hide say about our options. Any other places we should look?
If you can get out, what is there to think about? Flee this communist shit hole.

Whats funny to me is the people who want red votes and then tell patriots to stay out. I understand the mentality but its not always the best answer. I will always vote red no matter where I live.

I will do everything I can to raise my son right (pun intended) but he will be influenced by his surroundings no matter what i do to steer him in the best direction. When he grows up around a bunch of libs there's a good chance he will be corrupted by his peers and schools and might end up a blue voter. I have several friends and family who have kids in their teens- 30s and they are WAY left despite what their parents try to say. I hope to put my son in a healthy environment with like minded families so most of his impressionable influences have the same core values as my wife and i.
Come to Tennessee. Pick your choice of terrain from our flat lands of Western Tn, the rolling hills of Middle Tn to the Appalachian Mountains in the east. I will tell you that you must learn the proper pronunciation of Appalachian if you decide on the east.
As an enticement read here....

Reactions: HiDesertELR
San Diego is beautiful. To bad it has gone liberal. There are very few places with that high of a cost of living. Virginia is accepting pro 2nd Amendment refugees from Blue states.

It all depends on the school district you move to, the nicer the school the higher the property taxes will be. If you go to DFW just buy outside DFW like Fort worth area wont be so bad. Property tax does suck here. I thought FL property taxes were bad until I moved to TX lol

AZ is full, keep on moving East or North, thanks.

The house next door to me just went up for sale, it was purchased by a Californian for his son to attend college with roommates. The first two years were horrible for us as neighbors, the last year wasn’t so bad. I’m trying to keep students out (we live 1 mile from the university) and Californian’s out if possible. I’ve engaged a few of the people looking at the house in conversation, I tell the people with CA plates all bad things hoping they’ll move on, and people with not brand new AZ plates all the positives. I’m hoping the high cost of the house ($600K) will keep it from becoming a student rental again.

It all depends on the school district you move to, the nicer the school the higher the property taxes will be. If you go to DFW just buy outside DFW like Fort worth area wont be so bad. Property tax does suck here. I thought FL property taxes were bad until I moved to TX lol
Yea that's for sure I live in that district here and it has an effect on taxes. Knew I hated cold(Chitcago), but never fully grasped how much until I realized I could be in boardshorts, t-shirt and Reefs in January. Hot in summer, but way easier for me to cool off than it is to get warm and be trapped indoors. Damn I hate cold and being inside....#longsleevessuck!

• Love
Reactions: tomcatmv
Yea that's for sure I live in that district here and it has an effect on taxes. Knew I hated cold(Chitcago), but never fully grasped how much until I realized I could be in boardshorts, t-shirt and Reefs in January. Hot in summer, but way easier for me to cool off than it is to get warm and be trapped indoors. Damn I hate cold and being inside....#longsleevessuck!

#Longleesvesrule!!

Well, they do if you're trying to keep the sun off of your (mine) pasty pink, sun damaged Irish skin.

I'll be wearing them again this afternoon when we run those traps.

Reactions: MarinePMI
AZ is full, keep on moving East or North, thanks.

The house next door to me just went up for sale, it was purchased by a Californian for his son to attend college with roommates. The first two years were horrible for us as neighbors, the last year wasn’t so bad. I’m trying to keep students out (we live 1 mile from the university) and Californian’s out if possible. I’ve engaged a few of the people looking at the house in conversation, I tell the people with CA plates all bad things hoping they’ll move on, and people with not brand new AZ plates all the positives. I’m hoping the high cost of the house ($600K) will keep it from becoming a student rental again.
Flagstaff is a hippie community regardless of Californians being there or not. Last time I was there was during school summer break, and it was still hipster'ville due to the university. The wife and I were honestly surprised and not impressed, considering all the ruckus Zonies make about being "free" and "not liberal". Nice area, but like so many places today, just too many people in too small an area.

#Longleesvesrule!!

Well, they do if you're trying to keep the sun off of your (mine) pasty pink, sun damaged Irish skin.

I'll be wearing them again this afternoon when we run those traps.
LS may be the right move....rain...mosquito swamp birds....they will be fierce. Then again skeeters only seem to dive on me so you good

Reactions: Mike Casselton
Yeah, I'm retired and over 65 and have applied for my property tax "relief" with Bell Co. as well as my homestead and according to the gov. bureaucrat I spoke with it really doesn't do shit,,,maybe $200 reduction. This state sucks when it comes to dealing with the gov.

Flagstaff is a hippie community regardless of Californians being there or not. Last time I was there was during school summer break, and it was still hipster'ville due to the university. The wife and I were honestly surprised and not impressed, considering all the ruckus Zonies make about being "free" and "not liberal". Nice area, but like so many places today, just too many people in too small an area.

I can’t disagree with you there, but it’s only getting worse with the influx of more Californians/people. The city is run by liberals from the university, and they have no interest in annexing Doney Park where about 5K conservatives live. One of the good things that the liberals did back in the 1990’s was limit the developable areas of the city to reduce urban sprawl. This eventually increased housing costs and density, but kept the population from expanding as fast and the city from sprawling out and consuming all of the forest within the city limits. Those same liberals now constantly rail on about affordable housing for the $13/hour minimum wage employees, a problem they created. Access to water outside the city limits is either an expensive well or hauling, so the development outside the city limits is reduced. I love living here and I’m glad I bought the house I have here (in the city limits on city utilities with city services), but I‘ll eventually move eventually to the county for a larger property with room for a shop. I had to go to Chandler (PHX) on Wednesday for work, 110 degrees was fucking awful, I’d much rather shovel snow.

Reactions: MarinePMI