• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Thoughts on Badger Unimount

Narsus

Private
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2018
I was looking for a Seekins Precision (34mm, 20 MOA) MXM Mount, but cannot fins one anywhere.

How does the Badger 34mm Unimount compare? I would get the 20 MOA "Extra High" - 1.3 in.

The two above fit in my price point of about $200, Spuhr is well out of my price range for instance.

I agree. I don't have that mount, but everything Badger I have is tank solid. I wouldn't hesitate to buy it just based on my trust of their other products.

I have the 34mm 1.3” 20 MOA Badger Unimount on my DMR. No complaints, price was decent too. Is there something specific you’re interested in?

I have the 34mm 1.3” 20 MOA Badger Unimount on my DMR. No complaints, price was decent too. Is there something specific you’re interested in?

The 34mm 1.3” 20 MOA Badger Unimount is what I'm looking at.

I'm trying to figure out what height I need.

I have an Athlon Cronus BTR with a 56mm bell, do I need the 1.3" or 1.5" mount?

I have the Seekins MXM 34 20moa. I got it from SWFA a few weeks ago. If I were you, I would just place a backorder because the mount is pretty sweet. My other favorite is the Geissele, but that is a bit out of your price range

I have a 50mm lens objective scope mounted in the 1.3” with barely any breathing room between the objective bell and the rail. You will want something higher.

I estimate the bell of your scope is about 62 mm or so.

1.5" x 25.4 - 31 = 7.1 mm of clearance
1.3" x 25.4 - 31 = 2.02 mm of clearance

With a 20 moa mount, and estimated 5" to the edge of the scope bell, subtract another roughly .75 mm.

The 1.3 will be tight, so you probably want to go with the 1.5

I was just in your shoes, couldn't find a Seekins mount bought a Badger. I got a 30mm/1.3"/20MOA and mounted a Bushnell LRTS (44mm objective) on a flat rail. it fits well and has enough clearance for scope covers and a bit more.

personally I don't see what another mount would do that this one doesn't other than look a little prettier and use another attachment system - this uses nuts on the left side to secure the clamps...

personally I don't see what another mount would do that this one doesn't other than look a little prettier and use another attachment system - this uses nuts on the left side to secure the clamps...

Depending on how far back the nuts are, you may find issue charging the rifle. I initially had an issue busting my knuckles when charging my DMR when I had a rail mounted level behind the mount. Worth figuring out another solution for me as I wasn't happy with the rail mount level anyway.

Depending on how far back the nuts are, you may find issue charging the rifle. I initially had an issue busting my knuckles when charging my DMR when I had a rail mounted level behind the mount. Worth figuring out another solution for me as I wasn't happy with the rail mount level anyway.

yes that could be but I have it mounted on a Tikka Tac bolt rifle so I prefer the nuts on the left side.

FWIW, I had no interference when it was mounted on an AR because of how far forward it is mounted...

I'm trying to figure out what height I need.

I have an Athlon Cronus BTR with a 56mm bell, do I need the 1.3" or 1.5" mount?

1.5" for sure. I have the 1.3" 20 MOA for my LRTS (44mm) and there is barely room with flip-up caps.