• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Thoughts on the Aero Precision SOLUS ?

But it has a barrel nut.....
I'm not the biggest barrel nut fan but I do have one on a nuke, mainly to try a 22 creed barrel out without dropping 700 into a shouldered barrel. Yeah, aesthetically speaking it's ugly, but it hammers and after it's burnt out at 1k rds I'll do something different. It defines allowed me to try out cartridge, figure twist rate, and experiment with 22creed without being bartlien blank+gunsmith fees into it.

Reactions: Haney
I'm not the biggest barrel nut fan but I do have one on a nuke, mainly to try a 22 creed barrel out without dropping 700 into a shouldered barrel. Yeah, aesthetically speaking it's ugly, but it hammers and after it's burnt out at 1k rds I'll do something different. It defines allowed me to try out cartridge, figure twist rate, and experiment with 22creed without being bartlien blank+gunsmith fees into it.
It was a joke

Reactions: 6brshooter
I think it’s all about what you’re familiar with.
I am familiar with the 270 WSM sort of .. hence. The 6.8 W… just like 6.5 PRC is to 6.5 cm.
The 6.5 PRC is not similar to the 6.5 Creed. The 6.5 PRC is much closer related to the .270 WSM and 6.8 Western, than the 6.5 CM. The 6.5 Creed is more closely related to the .260 Rem, 7mm-08, and .308 Win. in the case capacity, size, parent case, and types of powder used.

Anyone had issues with the bolt release not opening when running a Rem700 action in a Solus chassis? Meaning I can't remove (or install) the bolt from the action when everything is together. There is the faintest mark where the bolt release spring made contact with the chassis, so I filed a few thou off; doesnt make contact any longer. It seems that the bolt stop lever is not able to move.
Thoughts?

Alright, so 3rd round of load development... The first 2 (first 50 rounds) were trying to get it to shoot the Nosler RDF 210's, since it has a 1:10" twist, I figured it shouldn't be adverse to them, and would like them, like my Christensen MPR 16" .308 Win, which stacks 5 shot groups under 1/2" with them. But that was not the case with the factory Aero M24 barrel... It didn't care for them at all... So, I decided to go with my old faithful Nosler 168 Custom Comps for this round to see if it was the bullet weight, or the gun just being picky, or needing more rounds for break-in.

Now, the unacceptable groups during the first 50 rounds, could very well could have been during the break-in period, and it just needed some time to settle in, because even today (shots 50-75) it was still hit-or-miss. I'm not sure if it's just really picky, or needs more break-in rounds to really settle in. But I did find 2 nice velocity nodes at 45gr. of Varget and one at 46gr. of Varget with the Nosler 168 Custom Comps seated .030" off the lands.

Now, the last 2 weekends, it has been UNUSUALLY hot and humid for June... Today broke 100ºF, and it was absolutely miserable out there. So, the unsual heatwave could have created some adverse barometric pressures and humidity that could have been affecting my groups... Only time will tell... I plan to explore between 45 and 46 grains in .2 grain increments now to see how it does.

IMG_7226.jpeg
image_cropper_A95A1439-064F-46BC-932E-042DA33EC912-801-0000065D9D48437C.jpeg
image_cropper_8B3FE33A-5DD2-4F15-B289-AA73CF560DE6-801-0000065F4D6417BD.jpeg

tons of ADG 7SAUM in stock

195s fit, though not the most ideal placement in the case and need to play with freebore

not really the right thread for these discussions though...