• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Thoughts on the Frankford Arsenal M-Press?

DamnDave

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2009
California
I was in the market for another single stage and while trying to find a Forster Co-Ax (yea right) I stumbled upon the Frankford Arsenal M-Press for half the price. For anyone who has been using one for a while, any issues with the shell holder or the set screw holding the die? Those seem to be the 2 weak points of this press. I will be loading 6.5 creedmoor and 5.56.

The Co-Ax can be found on Ebay for a $100 more than what they normally go for.

Midway does have a good price on the M-Press right now and Ultimate Reloader has a M-Press review on YouTube you might have seen or should watch.

I would wait or buy a T7 like I did. That Co - Ax can be bought later

but a better press and save the headache and time lost .

I haven't loaded a bunch on my M Press but I have figured out a few niggles

The floating die holder is both a plus and a minus. It's a plus because things move a bit and you get good concentricity. It's a minus because when you're sizing things move a bit and you need to correct for that movement

The other niggle is that the shell holder doesn't release till the very bottom of the stroke. If you're loading short rounds like .223 that becomes (tedious is the wrong word, but you get the idea)

On the whole, I like it. Combine the M Press with something like the Franford Universal Seating Die or something similar and you do have a winning combo

M

1.5 year old thread and hasn’t been on since December of last year. Guessing he made a choice by now