• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Threaded CZ 452 question???

calebintn

Sergeant
Minuteman
A local gun shop has a nice cz452 with a factory threaded 16" barrel and a fixed 6 power scope that seems pretty nice. They will only sell it as a package and are askin $750 plus tax. Are they out of line on their price?
Since I may not buy a suppressor for several years would this be worth my time?
Thanks guys,

Re: Threaded CZ 452 question???

I guess that depends on the optics. IIRC, the 452 varmint ran about $400 or so when I got mine in late 08. If it were me, I'd get a stock model and optics and then worry about the threading later. Personal experience has taught me that you never get your can when you think you will. So with that in mind I wouldn't pay a premium for a threaded barrel and optics combo unless it's good optics and mounts. I usually put off spending extra until absolutely ready unless I have a surplus at the time. Hope this helps some.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: calebintn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A local gun shop has a nice cz452 with a factory threaded 16" barrel and a fixed 6 power scope that seems pretty nice. They will only sell it as a package and are askin $750 plus tax. Are they out of line on their price?
Since I may not buy a suppressor for several years would this be worth my time?
Thanks guys, </div></div>

This really depends on what fixed 6 power scope is included in the package. Maybe my pricing is off but to me the cz452 factory threaded 16" is worth about $350 to $400 depending on the condition.

Hope this helps

Gene

I have the threaded 452. First off you will need an adapter to run a 1/2x28 can. Dealer cost on mine was $375. I paid $35 for an adaptor. Mine shoots great. If it is worth $750? It would depend on the scope and rings.

Yeah the dealer told me the threads were not a standard thread.
I will call them tommorow and ask them again to separate if not ill pass, really dont want to pay tax on a scope and rings that I will have to sell.

I think I read that you shouldn't lose much velocity with a 16"barrel is this true?

The stock threads are 1x20 metric i believe.

Either way. buy it without the optic. 99% of the time, its a POS that the shop hasnt moved, and they throw it on as a package to move crappy selling inventory

calebintn, I see you're also in Tennessee. I've had three barrels threaded by the gunsmith at On Target in Murfreesboro and he did a fine job in all three cases.

I have a 16" barrel on a 10/22. It's short enough that all standard velocity ammunition is subsonic, but it's also a 1:9 twist. "Normal" twist for a .22 LR is 1:16. If your barrel has a slacker twist, your MV probably will be a little higher and might be supersonic.

Thanks for the info fred I am going to buy a cz eventually and I will hopefully be able to get a suppresor, sure would be nice to shoot off the porch and not bother the wife. Ive been to on target befor im in and out of murfreesboro several times a week. We must be pretty close.

Gun is 1/2x20TPI, not a metric pattern just not a US standard pitch. Some mfg. like SWR will sell you a 1/2x20 endcap so you dont have to use a thread adapter.