• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Thunder Beast Dominus

Zak, when do you think the first Dominus orders will actually ship out the door with everything going on?

Hi,

The computer-estimate ETA's for the Dominuses right now will not be accurate. They are still good for the Ultras. The 22TD's are generally available within a much shorter timeframe.

Long answer:

The Dominuses require some new, large CNC machinery for production, different from and beyond what the Ultras use. The machinery has been on-site for months now. As some of you know, big machines like this require a factory tech to "turn on" the first time and do initial training. This was originally supposed to happen in late Feb / early March, which is how we got our original estimate of "mid to late April" for the first possible dealers having some (IE, we allowed a conservative 4-6 weeks after machine turn-on to get the first batches done). Since the lock downs and travel restrictions have come into play, the original turn-on and training schedule was delayed and everyone is trying to figure out a way to do it "remotely." As a result, we are probably at least a month or a little longer behind schedule on the first production Dominuses. Once we get that turned on and get the first batch or two out the door, the computer ETA's for the Dominuses will become accurate. If you have an ETA which was not before June, your ETA is unlikely to be affected very much. That is unless the coronavirus situation deteriorates and there are more local or national shutdowns that affect our ability to get material or let our employees work safely. At this time, our production rate of Ultras, etc, has not been downgraded.

Hi,

The computer-estimate ETA's for the Dominuses right now will not be accurate. They are still good for the Ultras. The 22TD's are generally available within a much shorter timeframe.

Long answer:

The Dominuses require some new, large CNC machinery for production, different from and beyond what the Ultras use. The machinery has been on-site for months now. As some of you know, big machines like this require a factory tech to "turn on" the first time and do initial training. This was originally supposed to happen in late Feb / early March, which is how we got our original estimate of "mid to late April" for the first possible dealers having some (IE, we allowed a conservative 4-6 weeks after machine turn-on to get the first batches done). Since the lock downs and travel restrictions have come into play, the original turn-on and training schedule was delayed and everyone is trying to figure out a way to do it "remotely." As a result, we are probably at least a month or a little longer behind schedule on the first production Dominuses. Once we get that turned on and get the first batch or two out the door, the computer ETA's for the Dominuses will become accurate. If you have an ETA which was not before June, your ETA is unlikely to be affected very much. That is unless the coronavirus situation deteriorates and there are more local or national shutdowns that affect our ability to get material or let our employees work safely. At this time, our production rate of Ultras, etc, has not been downgraded.
Curious as to what machines. CNC machinist here. Would love to see a shop tour somewhat like NYCCNC does.

Playlist below.

@Zak Smith @TBACRAY

Are either of you fellas seeing gas leakage around the locking collar area of the Dominus SR in any caliber or barrel length in particular? For example, surefire suppressors bleed gas back onto the barrel, and potentially onto my clip-on which is why this can is so appealing to me.

When the Dominus SR is mounted over the muzzle brake, how much gap or overlap exists between the threaded shoulder of the barrel muzzle threads and the rear most point of the locking collar? The Ultra SR looks to have a very slight gap for example.

So will June be the month they roll off the line or have some been shipped already?

Last edited:
my 338SR serial was allocated either like the first day or before my date range hit and I'm a week out from the Dominus SR date range

Zak in the video the spacers behind the brake is a different design.. Can you tell us if this is what you are going to or are you still using the peel washer design?

Last edited:
Zak in the video the spacers behind the brake is a different design.. Can you tell us if this is what you are going to or are you still using the peel washer design?

The 1/2-28 brakes weren't in production when we did the life cycle testing on the suppressors. Those are thread adapters so we could use the 5/8 brakes we had on hand. We don't recommend using thread adapters if can be avoided as it adds another thread interface to the system. However for life cycle testing where everything is going to be taken to failure the thread adapters work just fine. SR brakes ship with the same peel washer we all know and love.

Last edited:
Really considering this can for the Mk20. It's down to the Surefire cans, a KAC QDC PRS or this. This one is priced same as a QDC so I'm gonna have to compare numbers on those first. The TBAC Ultras and my QDC are probably my best/most favorite cans so it's gonna come down to some pretty basic numbers I imagine.

I've been waiting YEARS for TBAC to come out with an abuse type can and I figured i't be a steel version if/when they ever did it, but nope, they doubled down and made it light too. Kickass.

Only wish I could trade these SDN6's in on a pair of these bad boys!

Redeemed a cert for one of these bad boys. I'll let you know when I get it in two years lol

I will be ordering one shortly. I have over 22000 rounds through the Ultra 9 and the thing is still going strong. So I know this one will be out standing.

Reactions: deersniper
Just got through a grueling multi-hour fight with the ATF e-File website -- talk about torture!

Filed for 4 more suppressors based upon Maverick Talon tubes that just shipped and a group buy for cups on the F1 forums. Also added a couple of SBRs to turn my SP5K into a suppressed PCC and my Noveske N4 Infidel with 13.7" barrel into a suppressed SBR. I ordered 3 TBAC Ultra 9's from MH last Friday and the Form-3 and shipping just happened today, so my wait will begin next week when I go back into my FFL (was in there today taking delivery of my factory-new KAC SR-25 ACC) and do my F4's on the 3 Ultra 9's.

My question is: I've only done one Form-1 ever (NOV 2019), and this is also my first Form-4. I just pushed through six (6) Form-1's tonight. Will this hurt me in any way? Will my F1's take longer because of running 6 at once, or might they contribute to any delay in my forthcoming Form-4's next week? Or is this all "behind-the-curtain" BATFE Wizard of Oz shenanigans and there's no way of knowing?

Just got through a grueling multi-hour fight with the ATF e-File website -- talk about torture!

Filed for 4 more suppressors based upon Maverick Talon tubes that just shipped and a group buy for cups on the F1 forums. Also added a couple of SBRs to turn my SP5K into a suppressed PCC and my Noveske N4 Infidel with 13.7" barrel into a suppressed SBR. I ordered 3 TBAC Ultra 9's from MH last Friday and the Form-3 and shipping just happened today, so my wait will begin next week when I go back into my FFL (was in there today taking delivery of my factory-new KAC SR-25 ACC) and do my F4's on the 3 Ultra 9's.

My question is: I've only done one Form-1 ever (NOV 2019), and this is also my first Form-4. I just pushed through six (6) Form-1's tonight. Will this hurt me in any way? Will my F1's take longer because of running 6 at once, or might they contribute to any delay in my forthcoming Form-4's next week? Or is this all "behind-the-curtain" BATFE Wizard of Oz shenanigans and there's no way of knowing?

At best, you get batch processed where they’d take all your Form 1’s and do them at same time. The same could happen with your Form 4’s. There’s zero chance the Form 4’s and Form 1’s would be grouped together and done. I suspect that the Form 1 lackeys and the Form 4 lackeys don’t communicate and there’s no way for one side to know if the other side has stuff from you.

At worst, they’ll all meander their way separately through the process and approvals will have no rhyme or reason.

Don’t overthink this stuff. You’re dealing with an antiquated and mismanaged (on purpose) government system.

ETA: I sent in 4 Form 4’s (3 cans and one SBR) between the beginning of Sept and the beginning of November. My Razor and the DSA OSW SBR were first and done on the same day in September. I bought a Turbo K in October and another in November. One of my Turbo K’s has been approved, but I’m OCONUS and don’t know which one.

All of the Form 4’s were done through Silencer Shop.

Last edited:
Ordered Dominus Sr. And 338 SR stamp arrived to TBAC yesterday. I still have one certificate 50% left so what else should I order? Will TBAC come out anything new next year?

Think I’m gonna order two Dominus SR tomorrow. One to leave on my bolt gun and one to play with on my SR15’s/SR-25. Will update after I call.

Think I’m gonna order two Dominus SR tomorrow. One to leave on my bolt gun and one to play with on my SR15’s/SR-25. Will update after I call.

The shoulder less thread pitch of an SR25 won’t play nice with a Dominus SR. SR25s time off the muzzle, and the Thunderbeast SR brake can’t be internally shimmed to time it off the muzzle.

I have a 338SR, SR25, and I ran into this issue.

Im hoping Thunderbeast makes a run of brakes that would work if enough SR25 owners chime in, but there probably aren’t that many that own a SR25, and less of those that choose to not use a KAC QDC.

Last edited:
The shoulder less thread pitch of an SR25 won’t play nice with a Dominus SR. SR25s time off the muzzle, and the Thunderbeast SR brake can’t be internally shimmed to time it off the muzzle.

I have a 338SR, SR25, and I ran into this issue.

Im hoping Thunderbeast makes a run of brakes that would work if enough SR25 owners chime in, but there probably aren’t that many that own a SR25, and less of those that choose to not use a KAC QDC.
TBAC does custom muzzle indexing CB brakes, they might do that for the SR brake. I’d give them a call to confirm.

Reactions: R.O.U.S.
Happy to see yall developed a dedicated hard use can. Got me a 6.5 Ultra 9 in jail right now, Dominus gonna be my next one I think.

Ordered mine last week. Long wait, but I’ve waited this long, what’s another year while the wife forgets 🤣

Reactions: 260284
A few teething problems getting the Dominus line online; once they start to roll, they will roll fast. I apologize for the delays. Our production rate is up 40% since April, with a lot more to come.

any dealers that you'd recommend me look for dominus sr's?

I'm looking to suppress a 10.5" 5.56, a 16" 5.56, and a 20" 6.5 creed with the same can and it is between this and the CGS helios QD

It's less than an Ultra 7 but I don't have a scientific number to quote you. What I've found is that if I build an upper just like I would for use without a can, and like you that means a SCS buffer (stock weight) and either a FMOS or LMOS depending on gas system length, and an adjustable gas block (my favorite is the Seekins) the difference between the optimal setting for suppressed (typically Ultra 5 or 7 for me), is less than 3/4ths of a turn different.

CB versions have already started to ship. SR versions should start shortly.

In our invoice/status system, if it says "serial numbers are pending" it means we have the serial number already built and allocated but are waiting on something from the dealer/customer in order to file the Form 3 (usually a deposit/payment or the SOT is out of date).

CB versions have already started to ship. SR versions should start shortly.

In our invoice/status system, if it says "serial numbers are pending" it means we have the serial number already built and allocated but are waiting on something from the dealer/customer in order to file the Form 3 (usually a deposit/payment or the SOT is out of date).

Must be the SOT, sent new SOT