• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tikka M65 300 Win Mag

Chanonry

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 30, 2009
Aberdeen Scotland
One of these for sale over here. Its a hunting rifle not target, 22" partially fluted barrel.

Anyone got one of these?

It's obviously not a heavy barrel profile so it is going to begin to warp after a small number of shots but for a bit of hunting and a some paced shots at long range targets that isn't going to make much odds??

What could I expect from a rig like this re muzzle velocity and accuracy?

The guy only wants £300 ($450) with a McMillan stock for another £95. It would sit nicely with my 223 and 308.

Andy

Re: Tikka M65 300 Win Mag

Depending on nr of shots down the tube and the barrels cond,

given good ammo or tailored handloads and a decent shot,

about 1/2 moa for three shots and 3/4 for five,

they are great actions and will make for great rebarrel pieces should that time come.

A great hunting rifle and a more than decent target piece,

what is there not to like.

Best regards Chris

Buy it with the McM stock. Then mount an AseUtra JetZ compact magnum suppressor. Then the rifle balances great and is a joy to shoot. Ase suppressors are "state of the art" and "indestructable".

http://aseutra.fi/english/index.html

I think Jackson rifles distributes the Ase in the UK.

Also check out the original Tikka Optilock(onepiece) scopemounts.

I don't think you can go wrong with the older Tikka rifles, they are great shooters and sounds like a great price for the UK.