• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1x and Jard triggers

1badDart

Private
Minuteman
Feb 27, 2014
W. KY.
My Jard trigger that I ordered earlier this week came today so I installed it tonight. The safety lever is too tall and prevents the bolt from cycling so tomorrow night I'll cut 1/8" out of the lever and tig weld it back together. It still may require some grinding to clear. Just cocking and dry firing the trigger feels very good and breaks at about 7 ounces.

In Jard's defense this trigger isn't advertised for the T1x, just for "Tikka" rifles so I have no complaints with them.

IMG_3763.jpg
IMG_3764.JPG
IMG_3765.jpg

GOOD TO KNOW! I heard most tikka t1x owner going this route.Also I heard from others that timney tikka t3 also same problem.

Last edited:
I've bought from Tactical Works several times. ATM they are having free shipping and no minimum order. I just bought another SAP mag holder. $12.50 delivered.

My Jard trigger that I ordered earlier this week came today so I installed it tonight. The safety lever is too tall and prevents the bolt from cycling so tomorrow night I'll cut 1/8" out of the lever and tig weld it back together. It still may require some grinding to clear. Just cocking and dry firing the trigger feels very good and breaks at about 7 ounces.

In Jard's defense this trigger isn't advertised for the T1x, just for "Tikka" rifles so I have no complaints.

**7 oz. wOW.. lets go back to the topic please.....! that's a real nice trigger they really breaks what they advertise them on their website.Can you post picture when you do the fittings? Thanks

well done! good job is your bolt handle is factory? or MT?

I sanded the peak off the thumb plate on the Timney it clears fine now......
IMG_0652a.jpg

Last edited:
I adjusted the trigger tonight following the included instructions, it's at about 4.7 ounces. But if the bolt is slammed forward and down it will slam fire, no bump fire and it has to be slammed forward and down to fire. Slam it forward only or down only and it won't fire. Honestly I've never seen anyone run a bolt gun hard enough to make this one slam fire. There seems to be no creep and it breaks clean so I'll shoot it off a bench before making anymore adjustments. I think just a little more sear adjustment will fix it.

Just to let you guys know, Jard has made a trigger just for the T1x with a safety which is lower and will clear the bolt. Photos for your view. Got mine last week after calling and talking to them and found out that it is now available. Not yet on their website but available if you call.

Attachments

• DSCN6758s.jpg
    DSCN6758s.jpg
    404.2 KB · Views: 127
Reactions: cannoncrossfire
I adjusted the trigger tonight following the included instructions, it's at about 4.7 ounces. But if the bolt is slammed forward and down it will slam fire, no bump fire and it has to be slammed forward and down to fire. Slam it forward only or down only and it won't fire. Honestly I've never seen anyone run a bolt gun hard enough to make this one slam fire. There seems to be no creep and it breaks clean so I'll shoot it off a bench before making anymore adjustments. I think just a little more sear adjustment will fix it.
I just found this thread. I ordered the "new" t1x version tonight. How did yours perform @1badDart ? I have a Timney T3 in it now, and can not get it down as light as I would like.