• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

All shotat 50 yards with the t1x off of a bipod and rear bag. best group I've ever shot with a 22lr
20181211_235042.jpg
20181211_235137.jpg
20181211_235302.jpg
20181211_235607.jpg

It has been done. There is a pic of it here in one of the T1X threads.

I took delivery of a T1x, tried installing it in my MPA BA chassis inleted for T3x CTR, doesn’t fit, mag receiver configuration blocks fit. Any solutions yet. Friend suggested remove stock T1x mag release from receiver and try using Vudou 22 mag. Has anyone tried this solution?

Vudoo mags have the bullet location wrong for where a T1x needs the round presented. Look at a picture of a mag and see how the cartridge is at the front of a AICS mag's, now look at the bottom of your T1x in s AICS compatible stock w/o the mag housing assembly and see where the cartridge needs to be at the back end....

Vudoo mags have the bullet location wrong for where a T1x needs the round presented. Look at a picture of a mag and see how the cartridge is at the front of a AICS mag's, now look at the bottom of your T1x in s AICS compatible stock w/o the mag housing assembly and see where the cartridge needs to be at the back end....

The smaller scale of the T1X receiver and magazine dictate different feed timing, so the placement of the T1X magazine relative to the breech face is different than what I designed the Vudoo magazine for. Actions are scaled differently, so feed timing is different....

MB

The smaller scale of the T1X receiver and magazine dictate different feed timing, so the placement of the T1X magazine relative to the breech face is different than what I designed the Vudoo magazine for. Actions are scaled differently, so feed timing is different....

MB
If you made/designed an AI magazine for the T1X, I'm sure people would make it worth your (Vudoo's) while. Just saying...there's a market there. :)

I'm pretty sure there might be someone here willing to loan a rifle for testing purposes (if I had one, I'd send it to you, but I haven't seen any here in California yet. Montana, yes. Cali, no.)

I'm pretty sure there might be someone here willing to loan a rifle for testing purposes (if I had one, I'd send it to you, but I haven't seen any here in California yet. Montana, yes. Cali, no.)

Copy, I'll poke around a bit and see what I can come up with.

MB

Reactions: cdomanc

MB

Mike,

I am not saying your mag is designed wrong, just that the design, in it's current form,is incompatible with Tikka's design. It would be great to have you make mags, as people could ditch the factory housing and it's rather large shcs that makes for chassis inletting issues. All @mperry07 has to do is look at a picture of your mag and the bottom of his reciever and he should be able to see the square peg / round hole in his proposed solution to his chassis inlet problem.

Mike,

I am not saying your mag is designed wrong, just that the design, in it's current form,is incompatible with Tikka's design. It would be great to have you make mags, as people could ditch the factory housing and it's rather large shcs that makes for chassis inletting issues. All @mperry07 has to do is look at a picture of your mag and the bottom of his reciever and he should be able to see the square peg / round hole in his proposed solution to his chassis inlet problem.

No worries Bro, I knew exactly what you were communicating and took it as that.

MB

I'm pretty excited about this rifle. I recently put one under the Christmas tree for myself, 22lr. Well, the wife made me put it under the tree :). I was excited about this rifle since they announced it and to be honest at times just about bought a cz455 because the delivery times seemed to be unknown. Glad I didn't. Should be a fun little rifle. What I can't decide is which stock to put the T1x in. I want either a GRS stock (either Berserk or Bifrost) or a German Gun Stock. I've owned a GGS stock and they are super nice. I've not owned or handled a GRS stock, but they seem to receive high praise.

Last edited:
Anyone looking at the EGW 0 MOA rail for their t1x or 455 - I got a coupon code for the rail shipped for $66.72 from SWFA on the price match deal (Midway cost was $68.99).

Shoot me a PM if you want the code and I'll send it later today to the first person who requests it. I ended up getting one from Midway for my 17.

98254BB1-E2BA-4E07-8A25-E5E7903223F8.jpeg

Because I like and use the factory stock on my CTR (after light sanding and painting to fix the slick texture), same treatment and the T1X is a perfect trainer. Swapped the pistol grip for a vertical one, put on the same scope and the form factor is the same. Been shooting cheap sub sonic mostly so far and accuracy to 50 y is sub 1”. Sweet rifle.

Because I like and use the factory stock on my CTR (after light sanding and painting to fix the slick texture), same treatment and the T1X is a perfect trainer. Swapped the pistol grip for a vertical one, put on the same scope and the form factor is the same. Been shooting cheap sub sonic mostly so far and accuracy to 50 y is sub 1”. Sweet rifle.

Tell me about that bolt knob...

Tell me about that bolt knob...
It’s the stock ball that comes on a CTR, I had an extra when I got another bolt handle for a different CTR. It fits right on the the T1 bolt handle and it’s secured with a set screw. I think Brownells or Beretta sell them for kind of a ridiculous price for what it is but it’s functional.

Its an AI 34 mm mount, 28 moa. I think they’re still on sale at Mile High https://www.milehighshooting.com/ai-scope-mounts/

The scope is a Hensoldt 4-16 LT, same that I had on my CTR, I love the scope. Couldnt really afford a matching scope for the T1 but I found one in classifieds that worked out for a trade. I feel pretty spoiled to be using a scope that is worth about 5x the rifle...my wife thinks it’s a cheap 22LR.

Huge shout-out to @skinnj1 for the excellent work he did on my MPA Competition Chassis. Got a chance to mount it up and shoot it this weekend. I don't have a Tikka CTR to test with but it should remain fully compatible if I ever want to swap it out. I don't see any reason I won't just be leaving the T1X in though. He documented the mods in this thread already so I won't duplicate that information.

If Vudoo comes out with a Mag that works that would mean only the bolt catch would need to be relieved with this Chassis (unless MPA starts making them adjusted to work). I would love to see an AICS magazine for these. I hope the chassis manufactures can start modifying their chassis for cross compatibility with the T1X. For the MPA I don't think it would be very hard for them to do. For other companies it might be more of a challenge depending on the design.

I had to remove the rail from the front bracket to fit my Athlon Ares ETR with sunshade. I'm using the 20MOA EGW Mount for the CZ from Midway and Seekins Rings 1.26" extra high.

Thanks again skinnj1!!!

IMG_5804.jpg

@scocoabeach

Thanks for the kind words, I cant wait to see how your new stock shoots based on the groups the factory stock was capable of!

Today I made a Tikka T1x fit in a T3 Tac1 chassis. In some ways they are easier to modify (mag well and mag catch are gtg) , some ways harder (have to machine the scope rail to fit), and some ways the same (clearance for the schs)
20181217_190439.jpg

Huge shout-out to @skinnj1 for the excellent work he did on my MPA Competition Chassis. Got a chance to mount it up and shoot it this weekend. I don't have a Tikka CTR to test with but it should remain fully compatible if I ever want to swap it out. I don't see any reason I won't just be leaving the T1X in though. He documented the mods in this thread already so I won't duplicate that information.

If Vudoo comes out with a Mag that works that would mean only the bolt catch would need to be relieved with this Chassis (unless MPA starts making them adjusted to work). I would love to see an AICS magazine for these. I hope the chassis manufactures can start modifying their chassis for cross compatibility with the T1X. For the MPA I don't think it would be very hard for them to do. For other companies it might be more of a challenge depending on the design.

I had to remove the rail from the front bracket to fit my Athlon Ares ETR with sunshade. I'm using the 20MOA EGW Mount for the CZ from Midway and Seekins Rings 1.26" extra high.

Thanks again skinnj1!!!

View attachment 6987640

That is nice!

I have a MPA lite for a tikka just sitting after I went another direction on a build. I think I might try this when my t1 comes in.

For those using a suppressor, are you able to thread the suppressor down touching the shoulder?

I have a Sparrow22 and it seems like I can't thread it down enough to touch the shoulder, wonder if I need this: https://www.store.silencerco.com/co.../1-2x28-rifle-thread-spacer?variant=221756564

SilencerCo has a specific thread spec so the o-ring seats against the barrel threads (https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.silenc...cs/Rimfire_O-Ring_Engagement_Thread_Guide.pdf)

Essentially, you need to have the first few threads removed or purchase the 1/2x28 to 1/2x28 adapter
(https://www.store.silencerco.com/products/rimfire-adapters?variant=1107308244 )

I have a Spectre II, which has the same thread requirement.

Last edited:
Reactions: derek1ee
SilencerCo has a specific thread spec so the o-ring seats against the barrel threads (https://s3.amazonaws.com/com.silenc...cs/Rimfire_O-Ring_Engagement_Thread_Guide.pdf)

Essentially, you need to have the first few threads removed or purchase the 1/2x28 to 1/2x28 adapter
(https://www.store.silencerco.com/products/rimfire-adapters?variant=1107308244 )

I have a Spectre II, which has the same thread requirement.

Looks like on T1x it's 0.497 in, longer than SiCo's .476±.002. Still wonder whether if the spacer is sufficient or if I will need the 1/2x28-1/2x28 adapter. Probably will give SiCo a call tomorrow.

Looks like on T1x it's 0.497 in, longer than SiCo's .476±.002. Still wonder whether if the spacer is sufficient or if I will need the 1/2x28-1/2x28 adapter. Probably will give SiCo a call tomorrow.

Or just remove the o-ring inside the sparrow that is making contact with the threads...

Here are my two SpectreII hosts, modified by a local gunsmith. You can see the o-ring seat at the end of the barrel to do its job.

Attachments

• BD9F3DA1-95A7-4A88-9045-C5F3CBB77320.jpeg
    BD9F3DA1-95A7-4A88-9045-C5F3CBB77320.jpeg
    508.6 KB · Views: 86
  • DFC9E767-BC5A-4196-884A-968DDF8E9FAF.jpeg
    DFC9E767-BC5A-4196-884A-968DDF8E9FAF.jpeg
    227.8 KB · Views: 92
  • D9C33E34-5B81-433C-ADB2-D27E6C584EAF.jpeg
    D9C33E34-5B81-433C-ADB2-D27E6C584EAF.jpeg
    235.4 KB · Views: 82
First post in this forum :)

@skinnj1
Thank you for your post! I have TAC A1 chassis and have think about to purchase T1x to put these together. So far I have understood that there is no hope but your image give me a light :) Could you share a little bit intel about the fitting?

I understood after reading your text that there was no problem with mag well / mag catch. Is it really so? I have got reports that mag well schs blocks installation in TAC A1 as in MPA (i.e post #455).

Did you do something to clearence? No peace of cake?

I have heard that TAC A1 picatinny rail holes doesn´t fit to T1x holes. Based on your experience what must be done to get things fit? Drill all new four holes to TAC A1 picatinny?

First post in this forum :)

@skinnj1
Thank you for your post! I have TAC A1 chassis and have think about to purchase T1x to put these together. So far I have understood that there is no hope but your image give me a light :) Could you share a little bit intel about the fitting?

I understood after reading your text that there was no problem with mag well / mag catch. Is it really so? I have got reports that mag well schs blocks installation in TAC A1 as in MPA (i.e post #455).

Did you do something to clearence? No peace of cake?

I have heard that TAC A1 picatinny rail holes doesn´t fit to T1x holes. Based on your experience what must be done to get things fit? Drill all new four holes to TAC A1 picatinny?
@mattix the factory stock uses CTR/TRG form factor mags, dimensions on the back end are just different enough the clearance issues with the mag base pad go away. The socket head cap screw holding the housing is still an issue, the chassis only has a thin web of aluminum here and would be pretty easy to remove with hacksaw/dremel vs the other chassis I have altered that needed a mill. The hard part is the rail. It attaches via screws to action and the screw through the front that goes through the steel handgaurd mount. The action is shorter than a T3x and you have to mill all the surfaces on the front of scope rail slightly over .1" until the back 2 action screws line up again. Milling the front surfaces is problematic in that tikka uses a screw thread insert (aka helicoil) and milling through them tends to " unwind" them, have a plan for this issue. The rail will need to have the dowel pin recoil lugs pushed out of the way and the base requires shims between the reciever to level the rail. Now you need to decide if you want to make a new front action screw hole in the right place or go with the other three points of securement....

Last edited:
Reactions: mattix and 0dd
The o-ring is there to prevent crap from being blown back, onto the threads, & seizing the can to the barrel. I would not recommend removing it.

While I agree it is beneficial, the other 99% of rimfire suppressors on the market don't have one, and work just fine. It's a simple, free, non-permanent solution to Derek1ee's problem.

So if this has been covered, I apologize, but is the T1X barrel screwed into the action like a centerfire (or a Voodoo), or is it pressed and or pinned like a lot of rimfires?

I was really hoping Whittaker would get these in to fulfill preorders before Christmas but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Is Scheels where most people are still picking these up in the US?

Scheels is where I got mine. They had 6 in the Lincoln Nebraska store when I picked up mine

I was really hoping Whittaker would get these in to fulfill preorders before Christmas but it doesn't look like that's going to happen. Is Scheels where most people are still picking these up in the US?
They're slowing trickling out,. Got the call yesterday from Whittaker's....suppose to be here tommorow...

Spent time on the range this after for the first time with my new T1X, it lived up to all expectations. I’ve mounted to the stock chassis a Vortex PST scope on a 11mm Magpul 11mm rail (slightly modified), Harris bipod, Tikka T3x vertical pistol grip. The Silencerco Sparrow fits perfectly tight right up to the barrel with no timing issues.

My only gripe is the Tikka 22LR mag miss fed about 10 or 12 rounds out for the 100 rounds fired. Definitely worth the nearly 1-year wait.

Attachments

• BA078C2B-1622-4A6A-875C-7B05C1F7B6B5.jpeg
    BA078C2B-1622-4A6A-875C-7B05C1F7B6B5.jpeg
    426.3 KB · Views: 330
  • 81389671-44C0-465B-A4F0-934FA4CE6A11.jpeg
    81389671-44C0-465B-A4F0-934FA4CE6A11.jpeg
    161.1 KB · Views: 363
  • 90768F7C-2F9D-4F5E-BFC7-CEC6E134F9BC.jpeg
    90768F7C-2F9D-4F5E-BFC7-CEC6E134F9BC.jpeg
    332 KB · Views: 323