• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

For anybody waiting on the Area419 rails to ship I emailed them yesterday and they said that should be happening today or early next week.

It looks like the pre-order pricing is still in effect and free shipping too:

Watch the bolt stop as you pull the bolt back and forward... that might be the dragging youre experiencing? Otherwise a good clean and oil might improve it. It's not common for tikka/sako to leave any rough machining but it's possible. Theres a few cross pins in the bolt too which need to be sitting flush.

Bingo,

One of the cross pins was proud. Getting that flush helped a little.

Also the bolt stop is dragging. If I manipulate the bolt with the bolt stop held open it feels like my T3x. I can see wear from the bolt stop. It wasn't obvious because it is along the edge of the bolt where it is milled.

I am not sure how I mitigate the bolt stop drag. Since the stop is under pressure from the spring, I don't think polishing it will help.

Clearly Yo Dave needs to make a lightweight bolt stop pivot spring. (Sarcasm Intended)

Thank you.

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
I got my 20 moa rail in from 782 custom gun works (NY), fit is great an looks good. Not to high and puts the scope at a good level with Vortex Med rings. Hopefully I'll be able to get out Sunday and give it a test drive.

Got mine out to the range today. My stock is going to be here today so I didn’t get it on my rifle yet. I defiantly need to adjust the trigger it’s WAY to heavy for my taste. I have a new spring coming in but I shot it today with the factory weight. I shot at 100 yards and used some CCI SV to get me on paper and get close to zero. Once I got the rifle zeroed it shot every type of ammo I put in it well. Every brand was sub MOA with 5 shot groups. I shot CCI SV, SK Match, Lapua center x, Eley edge and Wolf Match. I was pretty surprised at how well it shot everything but especially the CCI. That stuff was all over the place with my last rifle at 100 yards. The Eley Edge was the clear winner though. I easily put 10 rounds inside a 1” square with it. The SK, Wolf and Lapua were all pretty darn close though. As good as the rifle shot though I think it will shoot better once I get the trigger set up for me. Once I have it in the new stock I’ll get some pictures of the rifle and my targets. I’ll also stretch it out to 300-400 yards next time.

Reactions: 17rupert

So I got my rifle last week and shot it yesterday. My only complaints about it are the bolt handle and stock. I just got a KRG Bravo to put the rifle in so that part is fixed. I did not really care for the add on knob that is available so I went a different direction. I wanted something longer. What I did was made a mold of a knob I have that I really like. I then ground the knob down and cast a tooling resin over the knob. The resin has a high metal content and I added a black dye. All and all I’m pretty happy with the result.

Making a mold of the knob I like
15CEBFD6-C5E8-4140-AE35-7C13C3AC4AFB.jpeg

1552E707-455B-4A11-A778-203B2715F15F.jpeg

The bolt disassembled
27F2C429-6518-4A5E-92C5-1852582DD698.jpeg

The bolt ground down
44FFE582-DC7B-470D-85E9-EC7C53A387C3.jpeg

Casting the resin around the knob
EEBA2ADC-EE18-4EEF-8976-4DAAFF04F8D3.jpeg

The finished knob installed.
6BC266E1-5837-4490-A254-63F25044094D.jpeg
9F218541-79FA-43AC-B44D-F9B1A85CBE54.jpeg

So I got my rifle last week and shot it yesterday. My only complaints about it are the bolt handle and stock. I just got a KRG Bravo to put the rifle in so that part is fixed. I did not really care for the add on knob that is available so I went a different direction. I wanted something longer. What I did was made a mold of a knob I have that I really like. I then ground the knob down and cast a tooling resin over the knob. The resin has a high metal content and I added a black dye. All and all I’m pretty happy with the result.

Making a mold of the knob I likeView attachment 7052141

View attachment 7052142
The bolt disassembled
View attachment 7052143
The bolt ground downView attachment 7052144
Casting the resin around the knob
View attachment 7052145
The finished knob installed.
View attachment 7052146View attachment 7052147

People like you keep me from losing all hope of humanity. Thanks for sharing. Cool and nicely done. I never would have thought of doing something like this. Now, I'm inspired.

And nice sandals hippie. ?

Those are my Shop shoes. They are Crocs. It is hard to tell but they are covered with paint and finish. I have been spraying a lot of Cerakote too and that stuff doesn’t come off once it’s on. This isn’t a T1x but this is my other project from last night. I cerakoted my sons AR15. I’m thinking about doing something with my T1x but haven’t figured out what I want to do yet.

5B0F073F-F53C-4E20-B114-B4A67CE39BFB.jpeg

View attachment 7041487

I thought this was getting a little uncivilized with talk of ejection and hole spacing.

Which bipod rail did you use? Does it add a qd cup. I love my tikkas and the plastic stocks are much more comfortable than they look. However, the single sling stud configuration on a narrow sloping neck is unfortunate.

Which bipod rail did you use? Does it add a qd cup. I love my tikkas and the plastic stocks are much more comfortable than they look. However, the single sling stud configuration on a narrow sloping neck is unfortunate.

2” Seekins srs.

I’m about to put my action into my KRG Bravo that just arrived. Does anyone know what the action bolts need to be torqued to. I have skimmed through the posts but if someone mentioned it I must have missed it. Reading the manual it looks like they are calling for 62 in-lbs or 44 in-lbs based on the application but I have seen other settings mentioned for aftermarket stocks as well. If all else fails I will try calling KRG and see what they recommend.

Last edited:
@Eoddave27 I’m also curious about torque values in the Bravo. Are you using the factory action screws or Mtn. Tactical, etc?

I used one one action screw (front) that came with the Bravo. It was shorter than the factory action screw which is my guess as to why it was included. The rear action screw is the factory screw. I checked the torque settings on the factory action screws and they were just shy of 30 in-lbs. I tightened to that for now until I can get a definitive answer from someone. I just didn’t want to over tighten them until I’m sure. I will say I am super impressed with this Bravo chassis for the money. I think I’m putting a Whiskey 3 on my wish list now for one of my centerfire rifles. I’m going to Cerakote the action and add the accessories to my chassis tonight but as soon as I have that done I will post some photos.

For you guys who have made adjustments to the trigger I have a quick question. I was able to get my trigger down to. 1 1/2 lbs with the factory spring. I didn’t think I would be able to get it that low. I like to set my trigger between. 1 1/2 and 2 lbs. I ended up adjusting it to 1 3/4 lbs. I bumped the stock and action trying to get it to fire and it seems to be good. Has anyone adjusted their trigger with the factory spring that low and had reliability issues? As of right now I will say I love this stock trigger. Hands down it’s the best factory trigger I have ever used.

I was going to Cerakote my barrel and action tonight FDE but I am going to think about my color choice a little more. The it looks good now as is and if I do Cerakote it there really isn’t turning back. All and all I am really happy with the Bravo. Can’t wait to take it out and shoot it again now that it is in the chassis and I have the trigger adjusted. I took that cheap plastic thread protector off and put a nice metal knurled one on that came off my savage of all things. Who would have ever thought I would use parts off a Savage to improve a Tikka ?
2F7A71F0-E935-4D45-98FD-A847902AE653.jpeg

Last edited:
We finally picked up our Tikka after a 3 month wait through Bass Pro, the Bravo chassis will arrive Weds, and the Murphy Precision rail we ordered hasn't shipped yet (might need to call), we are excited to put this thing together.

A quick question... Is the Bravo set up to accept the Sako TRG bipod? I went on KRG's site and found their bipod options hard to understand, never having seen one in the flesh. I saw a Harris mod part but we only have the TRG and an Atlas, so wondering if we need another attachment for a forend picatinny.

The Bravo comes with a 2” picatinny rail for the front to mount a bipod. If you look at my photo above I took off the sling lug and put the pic rail in its place then added a QD sling mount to the front.

Last edited:
The Bravo comes with a 2” picatinny rail for the front to mount a bipod. If you look at my photo above I took of the sling lug and put the pic rail in its place then added a QD sling mount to the front.
Thanks, I had looked and enlarged your photo to get a look and didn't know if it was something else I needed to pick up. Thanks for clarifying

Has anyone upgraded their trigger spring. I’ve seen yodave makes one for the T1X but also seen Elay has one for the t3. Is the trigger spring the same for the T3 as it is for the T1X? I emailed Elay and they weren’t sure if it would work.

Use Elay in mine, no problem at all.

Reactions: drcrk0525
Bore guide suggestion anybody? I dont really want to pay 70$ to get one from Aus.
If you're referring to the bore guide from High Velocity Hunting Australia, since it's an international order, your credit card company should convert the $45 cost + $24 shipping to the U.S. currency rate. Since the U.S. dollar has a higher value than the AUS dollar, your actual CC charge will be less, probably currently under $50. I just ordered the bore guide and the 1.5 lb. trigger spring which including the $24 shipping charge came to $84 total. My CC bank sent me an email informing me that I had received an international charge that had been converted to $59.53 U.S. under the current conversion rate. Still a little pricey, but at least they have it.

I used one one action screw (front) that came with the Bravo. It was shorter than the factory action screw which is my guess as to why it was included. The rear action screw is the factory screw. I checked the torque settings on the factory action screws and they were just shy of 30 in-lbs. I tightened to that for now until I can get a definitive answer from someone. I just didn’t want to over tighten them until I’m sure. I will say I am super impressed with this Bravo chassis for the money. I think I’m putting a Whiskey 3 on my wish list now for one of my centerfire rifles. I’m going to Cerakote the action and add the accessories to my chassis tonight but as soon as I have that done I will post some photos.

I did 65inlb in my J Allen with my T1X and in my T3X in my other J Allen.

@Eoddave27 Looks awesome! Is that the 20” barrel? Can you guys get the 16” barrel down there (in the US)?

@Eoddave27 Looks awesome! Is that the 20” barrel? Can you guys get the 16” barrel down there (in the US)?

Yep, it’s the 20”. I would really wanted to get the 16” but I haven’t seen those here yet. Now that I have it in the chassis though I’m actually glad I got the 20”. It balances really well and I don’t plan to shoot it suppressed so it will not get any longer.

Yep, it’s the 20”. I would really wanted to get the 16” but I haven’t seen those here yet. Now that I have it in the chassis though I’m actually glad I got the 20”. It balances really well and I don’t plan to shoot it suppressed so it will not get any longer.

I have the 16” here and a Bravo on the way. Now I’m worried it’ll look and balance funny ?

My other 22lr has a 16” barrel and I really liked it. It is in an MDT LSS22 chassis though which isn’t as long. I don’t think I would be worried though. If you give up anything in balance you will make up for it in mobility. That was what I loved about my shorter rifle. It was really easy to transition shooting positions with the short barrel.

Nice.
Yea I have an Anschutz 1712 (18”) in an MDT LSS-22 chassis. I’m not too fond of the chassis but it does what it needs to do. And MDT is a local company so it got here next day ?

Last edited:
First, you bitches are slacking we only have one more post than Ruger rimfire has. Secondly here is some ammo testing out of my T1x. Round count is 380 at the start with no cleaning. This does have a tikka two stage trigger in it.

I got the targets mixed up and had to rename them. SK rifle match is stupidly accurate and the CCI standard velocity shoots really well.

This was not shot in the best conditions. I was shooting with a gamechanger front bag ( constantly having to adjust, not high enough) and a cheap midway cylinder bag for the rear. I had to really work at getting this set up to hold steady. I ended up having to put a soft rifle case under the Gamechanger to get it to work. This is what you have to do when you forget your sandbags and front rest and have to dig through the car to find shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: quikcolin
First, you bitches are slacking we only have one more post than Ruger rimfire has. Secondly here is some ammo testing out of my T1x. Round count is 380 at the start with no cleaning. This does have a tikka two stage trigger in it.

I got the targets mixed up and had to rename them. SK rifle match is stupidly accurate and the CCI standard velocity shoots really well.

This was not shot in the best conditions. I was shooting with a gamechanger front bag ( constantly having to adjust, not high enough) and a cheap midway cylinder bag for the rear. I had to really work at getting this set up to hold steady. I ended up having to put a soft rifle case under the Gamechanger to get it to work. This is what you have to do when you forget your sandbags and front rest and have to dig through the car to find shit.

Your results pretty much mirror what I got with my rifle. It basically shot everything I put in it well. For me the best was Eley Edge with Wolf Match a close second. I only shot at 100 but everything I shot was under 1” at 100 yards which is pretty impressive for a dead stock rifle. I just dropped it in a KRG chassis and adjusted the trigger to where I like it so I expect to see great things from it this range trip.

I'm waiting on Fed Ex now for the KRG delivery, have to sign for it..... Can't wait to get started. Unfortunately, as I thought, the Murphy rail was out of stock and "may" go out today if they catch up. So most likely no range time this weekend with the Tikka as planned.

I'm very excited at the results you guys are getting with the SK and Wolf at 100, as I bought 500 of each a few weeks ago. Neither of my Volquartsen's shoot 1" at 100 with any ammo.

LOL, I had to make the post to get us beyond the Ruger :)

Reactions: Prebanpaul
Mine was shooting under 1” with CCI SV that looked like a shotgun pattern out of my last rifle. A friend of mine and I bought our rifles at the same time from the same dealer and he had similar results with his rifle. Pretty much everything he put in his shot well. I will add that the CCI SV was the cheapest ammo we shot though so most of the ammo should be expected to shoot pretty well. I don’t really keep any cheap bulk ammo so I haven’t tested any of that. This week I plan to actually test the different brands and lots I have on hand at 50 yds to figure out what the rifle really likes. Having the trigger set lighter is going to make a big difference too. As nice as the trigger is out of the box it was set way to heavy for me and I know my shooting was suffering from it.

My KRG arrived, and looking at the front of the forend, I swore it looks like it should accept the TRG bipod, BUT.....it is just a little bit too tight. Not sure if I can find an appropriate file to loosen it up.

Also they didn't supply a second screw base for the picatinny. Grrrr. LOL CORRECTION: I just found the bag with the pieces :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Near miss

Is the rear the factory one? I used the one that came with the Bravo.. maybe an oops but I didn't notice any issues when I took it out to the range. Torqued at 65 per the KRG instructions.

Is the rear the factory one? I used the one that came with the Bravo.. maybe an oops but I didn't notice any issues when I took it out to the range. Torqued at 65 per the KRG instructions.

I didn’t see a rear action screw included in mine. I will have to double check again. Maybe I just missed it but if it was there I didn’t see it the first time I went through everything.

haha cwinston, I was just going to post that with a bit of filing I got the OEM Sako TRG bipod to finally fit in and lock.

edit: I also removed the first set of screws as they appeared to be in the way of the insert.

Last edited:
Looks great, I love the trg bipod. I’m so on the fence about a T1X. If I didn’t have a Sako quad Range that shoots great, I would get one in a heartbeat, what does your T1X in the bravo weigh?

The Tikka in the Bravo is very light (missing rail and scope). I don't have a scale so maybe someone could weigh in with specifics (pun intended)

I was just joking with my wife that the bipod basically costs as much as the rifle :) But I like how much the .22 in a Bravo with the bipod feels like a little brother to my TRG 22. And lol in our house we cant have too many .22's so cheap to run and at 100 with weather can be a challenge.

Color looks great, and I'm jealous at how damned handy you are!

As much as I like the Sako green stock, that might look even cooler with Bravo in matching color. I like the bronze black contrast.

I am going to spray my friends rifle with the old Vietnam tiger stripe camo pattern. It will be interesting to see how that turns out.

@Eoddave27 don't bother with any other ammo. Or anything that is 36 grain or less or anything fast. I have shot Remington Target, CCI mini mag, CCI stinger, Remington yellow jacket, Remington Sub Sonic, WInchster t22, Federal Match, FederalHV Match, Federal target and I am for getting some others. This is what I have found, it has a 1-16.5 twist barrel. These guns like 40 grain bullets and between 1020-1080 FPS. CCI standard is perfect for the cheap stuff and has worked really well out of most peoples guns. Any of the higher end stuff listed with the above specs, seems to work extremely well. If you go back a couple pages you will see my other ammo testing.