• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tikka T1X

@Boltman82 did you adjust the trigger. I took my stock trigger down to 1.5 and it broke very clean. I then went to the Timney Two stage, trigger. I need to find a place I can shoot steel out to 300

1032 Feet elevation 60 deg F 74-86% humidity I can't figure it out either. Every app I run shows me the same.

That is pretty bizarre. Most of the ballistic programs I have tried are pretty close to my actual dope. The table I posted was within 2/10’s of a mil on all my actual settings. I use StrelokPro most of the time and and just tune the velocity to my actual dope at 200 yards and everything else seems to fall right where it should. Even before tuning the velocity like I said it is still pretty darn close. If anything you should be shooting a little flatter than I am since I am shooting at close to sea level. The max elevation I have shot at here locally is only about 400 feet above sea level. I’m going to go later this week and confirm all my dope out to 300 yards and maybe my rifle will surprise me and be shooting a lot slower than I am accustomed too. I have only had it out to 100 yds so far and it could make a liar out of me.

Sporter....I made a spacer out of black solid surface (my family owns a countertop shop). No rubber pad, just added a spacer

Prebanpaul.....I have not adjusted the trigger yet. It does break nice and clean just like my CTR

Reactions: SporterII
I would need one about as long as yours. However, you could probably sell a boatload on here.
Mine is about ½" thick. I tried to match my LOP on my CTR. Seriously though I'll make you one if you are interested. I can make any size you would like. Let me figure out shipping and cost. It would be a good way to pay for ammo?

Reactions: Prebanpaul
@Boltman82 We were dancing all around that 3” plate! With .22, I am very confident out to 200 yards, that extra 100 totally changes the game!

You just barely got that sucker too!

A shot of the range: 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, 150, 200 & 300.

Attachments

• 26187E09-CE08-4C59-AD74-302F39CCC49C.jpeg
    26187E09-CE08-4C59-AD74-302F39CCC49C.jpeg
    605.7 KB · Views: 204
  • 953ACCAA-766E-407E-84D4-7DE11FC3D156.png
    953ACCAA-766E-407E-84D4-7DE11FC3D156.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 213
Reactions: skatz11
Nice job on that fitted spacer Boltman!

After reading Redshako's firing pin issue, just wondering if they are selling parts yet and if there are a few we should have 'just in case'?

Didn't have a chance to take mine to the range this weekend, wife was ill. Didn't seem right to go alone, but for just that one second... no, no I never even thought about it.

Reactions: SR361
Seriously looking at buying a T1x. The reviews I have seen have said the stock as it comes is a bit sub par and that it is supposed to fit into the T3 chassis systems. A few folks I spoke to said that yes and no it fits into the t3 chassis. Have any of you guys had fitment issues? Did the chassis make a good improvement in your accuracy?

I really think the people a Tikka know that a lot of the guys who purchase this rifle will be tossing the stock anyway. Personally I’m glad they went cheap on the stock so I wasn’t paying for a premium stock I would just pull off and stick in the back of the closet anyway. As far as fit I put mine in a KRG Bravo. I believe it is the stock they make for the T3 with a small part in front of the trigger guard milled down or out. I’m not positive about this though. Based on what I have seen here though it looks like if the stock you get does need minor modification it is pretty easy to do.

Seriously looking at buying a T1x. The reviews I have seen have said the stock as it comes is a bit sub par and that it is supposed to fit into the T3 chassis systems. A few folks I spoke to said that yes and no it fits into the t3 chassis. Have any of you guys had fitment issues? Did the chassis make a good improvement in your accuracy?

The T1X should fit into most if not all T3 stocks/chassis. HOWEVER, the bolt stop/release pin and lever are in completely different locations on the T1X so be mindful of that when installing it into a T3 chassis/stock. J Allen makes a set screw in their chassis to keep the pin on the bolt release from walking out, when installing the T1X into the J Allen, the pin is just in front of the set screw so it doesn't do any good. Attached is a picture of the different locations of the bolt stop/release, top rifle is T1X, bottom T3.

91460.jpeg

Damn. Eurooptic is saying they are getting an eta for thier next shipment at about mid-June. Guess I will have plenty of time to pick up all the goodies to go with it.

ya they seem to be in pretty short supply.

I looked on KRGs website and they are out of stock of Bravos for the t1x...anyone know when they will be back in stock?

Yikes....so no chance to shoot a t1x this weekend then ay? What happened to this new generation of instant gratification....I want to order it on amazon and it be here 2 days later! hahahaha kidding! All good things come to those who wait!

Yikes....so no chance to shoot a t1x this weekend then ay? What happened to this new generation of instant gratification....I want to order it on amazon and it be here 2 days later! hahahaha kidding! All good things come to those who wait!

If you check on Gun broker there are quite a few people there that have them in stock for the same price as Europtic. I guess for the stock you could either get one for a T3 and do the modification yourself or just shoot it in the factory stock until KRG has them in stock again.

I’m not in such a crazy rush I can’t wait for a distributor I am familiar/comfortable with. I think I’ll make it.

So the frame will have to be milked out 12mm deep between the trigger and magazine insert.

Attachments

• 558AC56D-3C71-4367-AEC5-BDC9D0DCD64B.jpeg
    558AC56D-3C71-4367-AEC5-BDC9D0DCD64B.jpeg
    243.6 KB · Views: 208
The only other mod is that the magazine corners will have to be shaved off at 45 degrees. That’s pretty much it. The magazine slides in and out easily.

Attachments

• F3DF615B-4F34-4B82-9750-EE80B2C924D3.jpeg
    F3DF615B-4F34-4B82-9750-EE80B2C924D3.jpeg
    218.7 KB · Views: 192
  • 0C510D19-A89E-448F-AB9D-19DD3B4B63AB.jpeg
    0C510D19-A89E-448F-AB9D-19DD3B4B63AB.jpeg
    216.9 KB · Views: 196
The magazine release will have to be pulled out from the frame of course. What I also like is that the chassis will still be able to be used for any other T3X rifle in the future.

Sorry, I forgot... This is the LSS gen 2 XL chassis with the fixed stock.

Here are a few shots of the magazine in the frame.

Attachments

• B4929C60-BC29-4078-A991-5CCF5EC1DD81.jpeg
    B4929C60-BC29-4078-A991-5CCF5EC1DD81.jpeg
    378.4 KB · Views: 203
  • 0AF94A3C-AE9D-4F65-973C-827BB12DAF8B.jpeg
    0AF94A3C-AE9D-4F65-973C-827BB12DAF8B.jpeg
    343.4 KB · Views: 208
  • 13A94A8E-1D51-4D19-8FAA-6BFEFEB02876.jpeg
    13A94A8E-1D51-4D19-8FAA-6BFEFEB02876.jpeg
    392 KB · Views: 199
Reactions: Akdodge88
Do the Bravo stocks come with new action screws?

I got the T1x ready for this weekend. The Murphy rail looks/feels well made. I added a steel .223 thread protector that I had in a box, the newer Vortex DBT FFP with Larue mount, and the Armageddon Gear Cheeky Bastard. Also with big brother :)

edit: No Zorph, not heard of a speed loader for the T1x but new to Tikka

edit 2: Amazon order just arrived with a 2 for $10 thread protector for .22 with free overnight shipping. Not too bad.
View attachment 7055608
View attachment 7055609
View attachment 7055629

Anybody know how the barrels are fixed into the receiver on the t1x, are they threaded or press fit and pinned ?

I got out to the range again this past Friday. For some reason I have been plagued with windy range days. Luckily the wind was a fairly constant 10 mph with 15-20 gusts. Even with the wind the rifle shot great and I was able to get pretty good DOPE out to 300 yards. It seems like the more I shoot it the more the rifle settles in. I would say right around the 200-250 rd mark the rifle really zeroed in and started shooting more consistant tiny groups. It still seems to prefer the Eley Edge and Wolf ME the best. The SK rifle match and Lapua Center x were pretty good too but not as good as the Eley flavors. The Eley just had more consistant velocities.

Reactions: Just Chuck
I’m pretty excited. I pulled the trigger on one of the last 20” .22LR T1x’s in Canada this past week. These little monsters are hard to come by. Took me 3 days to source one. Tons of 16” barrels.... but the 20’s are tough.

I’m pretty excited. I pulled the trigger on one of the last 20” .22LR T1x’s in Canada this past week. These little monsters are hard to come by. Took me 3 days to source one. Tons of 16” barrels.... but the 20’s are tough.

Are you from Canada? I'm currently searching for a 20" 22LR as well and haven't been able to source one. Any chance your source has any more for sale?

Congrats on finding a 20"! I on the other hand feel like I just got kicked in the Jimmy's because we cant get a 16" here it seems...but 20's are readily available.

Got out to the range yesterday to test a variety of ammo. So far RWS 100 seems to be the clear winner. However, with that said, it was a windy and gusty day. The target board was moving back and forth with the wind. I need to get back out on a calmer day to see if yesterday's results are duplicated.

Got the T1X out the range. I have tested some different ammo and found the Federal Match HV shot pretty consistent. I am sure there is better ammo, but the price wa hard to beat to start with. Several runs through the chrony showed 1188 fps with an SD of 17fps. Once I got it sighted in, was consistently hitting 2" steel at 100 and 4" at 200 and 6" at 300. Every once and a while you could tell a round did not break the sound barrier and was spotted low. I was planing on running my SiCo Sparrow, but found the groups were not as good with it.

It was a lot of fun running the PRS drills with it. I shot about 250 rounds and thought about how much miney that would have been if it was the 6CM. I can say I am happy with the Primary Arms, I am waiting for a Diamond back Tactical to come in.

Here was my elevation adjust. Zeroed at 50. I was shotting with Prager and he has the same set up with a much better scope and he was the same as me.

100- 1.5mil
200- 6.5 mil
295 12.6 mil- I will have to confirm that, we was playing with BC to get everything to match.

Has anyone installed and used the Sterk T1x Swept Ball Handle? What do you like and/or dislike about it? It would be nice to see photos (or better yet a video) of the bolt handle in action from various angles to show clearances, etc.. (or.. maybe you have one on a T3X to show us?) just curious! thanks.

Has anyone installed and used the Sterk T1x Swept Ball Handle? What do you like and/or dislike about it? It would be nice to see photos (or better yet a video) of the bolt handle in action from various angles to show clearances, etc.. (or.. maybe you have one on a T3X to show us?) just curious! thanks.

Sterk hasn’t released any parts yet. Late May is apparently when he is shipping the new T1x stuff. I’ve got his Swept handle and titanium shroud on my T3x CTR. I wouldn’t go with anything else.

The bolt throw is 70° (or is it 60?) so you’re not going to have issues with clearance like you might with a 90° bolt. There’s tons of room.

D835F818-BF79-4B02-AEE3-90AF54E558F4.jpeg

Last edited:
Does anybody know if the T1x stock will fit the T3x?

Edit > I see now that post #1119 above touches base on this exact question.

Last edited:
Do they use the same aluminum bedding block on the T1x?

I’m curious too.

When I tried to drop my T3x into my T1x Bravo, the bolt stop/release pin that hangs way down (see post 1119 for pics) and gouges the chassis.