• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

What's the deal with the 17 hmr availability? I can find the 22 everywhere. I have even found the 16.5" version, but no 17 hmr.

Got the cheapo weaver trigger pull gauge and measured everything I owned :)

Tikka T1X, 2lb 14 oz.
Tikka T3X, 2lb 6 oz.
PWS Summit, 1lb 8oz
AR-15 w/ CMC Trigger, 3lb 8oz (which is good, since that's what I had bought so at least the gauge is correct!)

I could try to get my T1X lower, but last time I did, it wouldn't recock the trigger when I cycled the bolt.

I think 1.5 lbs is the sweet spot, so really looking forward to the new spring.

I goy my T1x trigger down to 1lb 4oz just by backing the screw out, with safe bolt manipulation,

Mike
I'm not sure what mine is right now, but the trigger on my RAR was measured at 1lb 4oz and the Tikka is definitely heavier even with the adjustment screw backed out all the way. Hopefully the lightened spring gets it down around 1-1.5 lbs.

Just a heads up in case you are looking at the DIP rails. On their website it shows that the 25 moa rail is 2mm taller than the 0 moa. In my test sample of 1 each they are the same. The front is lower rather than the back being higher. My scope was a tad low with a set of signature rings with 20 moa inserts and the 0 moa rail. So I ordered the 25 moa thinking it would be taller and I could take some pressure on my cheek. The angle raised the back of the scope up just enough to be comfortable. So it ended up working out for me. Just wanted to give others a heads up though

With the stock screw? I guess I must have a super heavy spring :( Oh well $10 spring coming in a few days and I hope that works out...
Yes stock screw and spring. I just backed it out until I liked it, pull gauge said 1lb 4oz, Just lucky I guess.

Mike

Yes stock screw and spring. I just backed it out until I liked it, pull gauge said 1lb 4oz, Just lucky I guess.

Mike

Yeh I'd be happy with 1lb 4oz :) I backed it out until it would stop working... and lowest I could get was 2lb 14oz. I think they claim 2-4lb adjustability. I could complain and get a free spring I bet.

I goy my T1x trigger down to 1lb 4oz just by backing the screw out, with safe bolt manipulation,

Mike
I got one of mine down like that, on the other two I had to change the spring.

Also, I never buy from yodave, shipping is the deal breaker for me.

I have been seeing a lot of different reports on what people are able to get there triggers to with the factory springs. I have two Tikka rifles. I have a T1x and a T3x CTR. My friend also has a T1x and a T3x and I was able to adjust all 4 down to a nice crisp 1 1/2 lbs which is about a perfect trigger pull for me. I wonder what the difference is. Maybe they started using a new spring manufacturer or it is simply different lots from the same company.

I have been seeing a lot of different reports on what people are able to get there triggers to with the factory springs. I have two Tikka rifles. I have a T1x and a T3x CTR. My friend also has a T1x and a T3x and I was able to adjust all 4 down to a nice crisp 1 1/2 lbs which is about a perfect trigger pull for me. I wonder what the difference is. Maybe they started using a new spring manufacturer or it is simply different lots from the same company.

I saw the T3/X Bravos in stock, so I just ordered one in FDE. Now I'll have Big Brother Little Brother rifles :) I have not figured out if I want to do a butthook or not, but I ordered one of the pieces. I am not sure there functionality pros/cons of them since I'm rather new to shooting rifles.

I also had to switch out to AICS mags, which I got the KRG 5 rnder, and then 2 MDT 10 rnders... that was pricey.. Need to sell all my CTR stuff now. And I ordered another ElayPrecision spring.

Anyone here looking to put their T1X into a CTR stock, let me know :)

Mine came in today ... will be doing all the mods because that's what I do! Bravo chassis are out of stock. Question ... are there any aftermarket barrels available yet?

All the ammo I tested last week was for naught. I incorrectly mounted the action/barrel in the Bravo stock and apparently had the recoil lug on top of/next to the receiving hole for lug as the barrel was canted upward a a pretty fair angle in relation to the stock. I was wondering why my POI had changed up 1 MIL. Likely effected the grouping I would imagine since there was some pressure on the barrel itself. Back to the drawing board. ?

All the ammo I tested last week was for naught. I incorrectly mounted the action/barrel in the Bravo stock and apparently had the recoil lug on top of/next to the receiving hole for lug as the barrel was canted upward a a pretty fair angle in relation to the stock. I was wondering why my POI had changed up 1 MIL. Likely effected the grouping I would imagine since there was some pressure on the barrel itself. Back to the drawing board. ?

Do you have a picture of what it looked like mounted wrong?

I didn't pay attn much when I mounted mine...

I saw the T3/X Bravos in stock, so I just ordered one in FDE. Now I'll have Big Brother Little Brother rifles :) I have not figured out if I want to do a butthook or not, but I ordered one of the pieces. I am not sure there functionality pros/cons of them since I'm rather new to shooting rifles.

I also had to switch out to AICS mags, which I got the KRG 5 rnder, and then 2 MDT 10 rnders... that was pricey.. Need to sell all my CTR stuff now. And I ordered another ElayPrecision spring.

Anyone here looking to put their T1X into a CTR stock, let me know :)

I put both my rifles in a KRG Bravo. I was actually so impressed with the T1x and Bravo I sold one of my other rifles and bought a Tikka T3x CTR and put it in a Bravo. I mounted the same optic on both rifles as well so the T1x is a complete smaller version of my 6.5 CTR.

Reactions: Near miss
I put both my rifles in a KRG Bravo. I was actually so impressed with the T1x and Bravo I sold one of my other rifles and bought a Tikka T3x CTR and put it in a Bravo. I mounted the same optic on both rifles as well so the T1x is a complete smaller version of my 6.5 CTR.

Dang, this is exactly what I was looking at doing, except now I won a Lot (3 guns) from Rock Island Auction over the weekend that included a Steyr SSG 69 in .308.

Reactions: Fire Cop

I don't. But it became quit obvious when I had it sitting on a table and I looked over and the barrel was canted up and the chassis was near level. It was obvious to the naked eye. I was in haste when I threw it back together and wasn't paying close enough attention and quite frankly, I'm embarrassed I shot 250 rounds through it w/o noticing it. Even when it told me when it was shooting a MIL high and slightly right. ?

I don't. But it became quit obvious when I had it sitting on a table and I looked over and the barrel was canted up and the chassis was near level. It was obvious to the naked eye. I was in haste when I threw it back together and wasn't paying close enough attention and quite frankly, I'm embarrassed I shot 250 rounds through it w/o noticing it. Even when it told me when it was shooting a MIL high and slightly right. ?

Don’t feel bad. A buddy of mine did the same thing. He set his rifle next to mine and I pointed out “one of these things is not like the other” he was really dissatisfied with the accuracy. As soon as we fixed it we went from dissatisfied to amazed. After you get your next round of testing will go much better I would guess.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I got my T1X out for the first time yesterday and ran 100 rounds of CCI Suppressor through it. No FTFs and no FTEs. I was surprised at how softly it ejected the spent casings though. My RAR flings them about 3x as far.

I have 3 more mags in the mail and various types of ammo (SK, Wolf, Lapua, etc) to test next week.

Oryx chassis, Harris SBRM w/ RRS Clamp, Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27 in some cheapo rings, Form 1 can. Swapped the grip out for an Anarchy Outdoors penguin, but not sure if it'll stay or not.

Waiting on Area419 30 MOA base, Sterk swept bolt handle, Sterk bolt shroud, and yodave spring.

View attachment 7100966

Are you running an arca rail or a pic rail? Wondering because I'd like to run an arca rail up front.

Picked up my T1x last weekend. Liking it so far. Accuracy has been really good but I've only been shooting at 25 yards. Probably gonna put it in a krg bravo and upgrade the bolt handle. Has a Area 419 15moa base on it now with a leupold lrp 6.5-20 ffp. Finding mags in stock sucks. Finally ordered them straight from beretta. Be interested to see how that works out see as the beretta USA website keep freezing up on me.

Picked up my T1x last weekend. Liking it so far. Accuracy has been really good but I've only been shooting at 25 yards. Probably gonna put it in a krg bravo and upgrade the bolt handle. Has a Area 419 15moa base on it now with a leupold lrp 6.5-20 ffp. Finding mags in stock sucks. Finally ordered them straight from beretta. Be interested to see how that works out see as the beretta USA website keep freezing up on me.
My came in yesterday. It took about a week for me to get them after ordering. I see they are 20% off today.

Got a chance to put some rounds through the International Barrels T1X prefit barrel.
This one is a 22" with the Eley EPS chamber (which is a new chamber for me)
these arent for sale yet in the states but will be soon.
shot some test groups through it (pictured) and it really liked SK rifle match, which is awesome because i have a ton of it.

I heated up the factory barrel and removed it, set the headspace at .042" with feeler gauges and away we went!
the Failure to Eject is becoming a real headache. Was hoping the new barrel might miraculously help that issue but sadly, no change. Bent the paper clip ejector, hoping that will do the trick...again.

Got a chance to put some rounds through the International Barrels T1X prefit barrel.
shot some test groups through it (pictured) and it really liked SK rifle match, which is awesome because i have a ton of it.

I heated up the factory barrel and removed it, set the headspace at .042" with feeler gauges and away we went!
the Failure to Eject is becoming a real headache. Was hoping the new barrel might miraculously help that issue but sadly, no change. Bent the paper clip ejector, hoping that will do the trick...again.
View attachment 7102489View attachment 7102490
View attachment 7102492
The wait for an IBI barrel is killing me. Those are nice groups, do you have more targets to post? You should be able to fix the ejector issue. Not sure if you seen these photos but here they are again. I bent mine and it fixed my ejection issue. This is what mine looks like now. If you notice, after the factory bend mine goes straight then a small bend then straight again. Not saying this will help yours but it did fix my problem and mine was around a 30% FTE.

@Kisssofdeath yes, thats exactly how i bent mine. but the resiliency of that little wire leaves a lot to be desired.
unfortunately i dont have more targets to post. last outing i was in a rush to leave and pulled the best 2 from the board.
when i get the chance ill post more.

View attachment 7102489View attachment 7102490
View attachment 7102492
I love this rifle, I just got a mdt chassis for my rifle I need to modify. Was it pretty minimal? Looked like the guy who did the MPA had minimal work to make it fit correctly.

Sorry if it's been asked in the 36 pages, but will these drop into a Manners stock with the CTR inlet?

Thanks!

Ben

How does the dip handle work? Does the factory knob come off an you just thread the dip on?

The stock handle simply unscrews and the DIP screws on. The black section is removable for other knobs if desire something different. As for the Sterk, they are nice but can't see $100 in one. If my pricing is off someone correct me. Also, $100 is to my door.

@BenY 2013, I don't know the answer, just saying.

@Kisssofdeath yes, thats exactly how i bent mine. but the resiliency of that little wire leaves a lot to be desired.
unfortunately i dont have more targets to post. last outing i was in a rush to leave and pulled the best 2 from the board.
when i get the chance ill post more.

That's fine on the targets. There has to be a combination that works for you or call Beretta and see what they say. I have two other T1x, one in 22 lr and another in 17 HMR and both are 100% ejectors. Hmm, tell you what, I'll trade my ejector and barrel for your IBI barrel? :ROFLMAO:

The stock handle simply unscrews and the DIP screws on. The black section is removable for other knobs if desire something different. As for the Sterk, they are nice but can't see $100 in one. If my pricing is off someone correct me. Also, $100 is to my door.

@BenY 2013, I don't know the answer, just saying.

$95AU + $24AU = $119AU = $83.40US to your door.

DIP is a cnc lathe turned part, anodized knob.
Sterk is a cnc turned & milled handle, bent, polished to remove machine and bending marks, blast, cerakote & bake including screws and Allen keys for fitment.

If people couldnt see the value in something more expensive then we would all drive the same cars too, no need for better quality brands/makes etc. Also different designs suit different folks.

Reactions: Bevo and 260284
$95AU + $24AU = $119AU = $83.40US to your door.

DIP is a cnc lathe turned part, anodized knob.
Sterk is a cnc turned & milled handle, bent, polished to remove machine and bending marks, blast, cerakote & bake including screws and Allen keys for fitment.

If people couldnt see the value in something more expensive then we would all drive the same cars too, no need for better quality brands/makes etc. Also different designs suit different folks.

And you can buy one for your t3 and save on shipping :)

Sorry if it's been asked in the 36 pages, but will these drop into a Manners stock with the CTR inlet?

Thanks!

Ben

I have a T3x CTR and it did not drop into my T1x Bravo due to the bolt stop/release pin, which sticks down in a different location than the T1x, hitting the aluminum chassis in the Bravo. I’m assuming it’s the same issue putting the T1x in the T3 stock.

Assuming the 16” will be available, what are yall’s thoughts between 16 or 20 inch? Any reason not to go 16 other than availability?

I have a T3x CTR and it did not drop into my T1x Bravo due to the bolt stop/release pin, which sticks down in a different location than the T1x, hitting the aluminum chassis in the Bravo. I’m assuming it’s the same issue putting the T1x in the T3 stock.
I put a T1x into a T3x CTR stock without any mods. I think people have said if it’s designed to use one of the factory tikka mags you are good. If it accepts a T3 action but uses AICS mags you will need to modify.

Reactions: silentheart
I got my T1X out for the first time yesterday and ran 100 rounds of CCI Suppressor through it. No FTFs and no FTEs. I was surprised at how softly it ejected the spent casings though. My RAR flings them about 3x as far.

I have 3 more mags in the mail and various types of ammo (SK, Wolf, Lapua, etc) to test next week.

Oryx chassis, Harris SBRM w/ RRS Clamp, Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-27 in some cheapo rings, Form 1 can. Swapped the grip out for an Anarchy Outdoors penguin, but not sure if it'll stay or not.

Waiting on Area419 30 MOA base, Sterk swept bolt handle, Sterk bolt shroud, and yodave spring.

View attachment 7100966
It looks like the action isn’t sitting in the stock right??????