• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

That's a desirable trigger pull for many running this set up. If it's safe, I'd run with it. Waiting on my new spring to get here. I don't have a trigger weight scale either. I guess it's time to get one. ?

Reactions: 013
Safe depends on your rifle. I consider safe when you can close the bolt with moderate force and not release the sear.

Jeff, time to step up and get that scale.

That's a desirable trigger pull for many running this set up. If it's safe, I'd run with it. Waiting on my new spring to get here. I don't have a trigger weight scale either. I guess it's time to get one. ?

Thanks!

Safe depends on your rifle. I consider safe when you can close the bolt with moderate force and not release the sear.

Jeff, time to step up and get that scale.

Thanks! I'll run the bolt hard to test and see if the trigger drops, maybe even bump the stock a bit.

I like and have the Wheeler Trigger Pull Scale.

https://www.wheelertools.com/gunsmi...scales/trigger-pull-scale/309888.html#start=1

Trigger%20Pull%20Scale%20Product%20Shot.jpg

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I have all my triggers at 1 1/2 lbs. I was able to get that pull weight without changing out the spring on my 3 Tikka’s and the 2 of my friends I adjusted. Just bump your stock of the floor a few times and see if you can get it to fire (while unloaded of course ?). I don’t think you will have any issues though. All mine function great at that weight.

Reactions: littlepod and 013
I have all my triggers at 1 1/2 lbs. I was able to get that pull weight without changing out the spring on my 3 Tikka’s and the 2 of my friends I adjusted. Just bump your stock of the floor a few times and see if you can get it to fire (while unloaded of course ?). I don’t think you will have any issues though. All mine function great at that weight.

1.5 lbs passed the hard bolt close and bump test. Just remind me not to sneeze when my finger is on the trigger! lol
Feels good at that weight!

I, too, like 1.5# pull. We NEED an updated photo, 013...

JFR

Back from my mini vacation with boxes of Eley Target and Tenex to play with today, also the new 10/22 Competition. It's my fiance's rifle so I let her have her fun with it. She's shooting 1.5 inch groups with CCI SV, and was hitting a 2.5" spinner @ 200 yards. A bit busy and distracted with trying to teach my fiance to handle/load the weapon, and then a buddy who wanted to sight in his Tikka T3X Lite for hunting. I'll take it out tomorrow and try it out with a variety of ammo to see how it likes it all. I was shooting from the bench today. Bipod, and rifle rested on a rear bag. Really steady, was hoping to really test out the ammo.

Did 2 6x5's with SK Target and Tenex. Noticed a lot of FTE with Eley ammo, not sure why. I've never had that issue with SK in my last 500 rounds. I do appreciate that the Eley ammo isn't all oily like the SK ammo, where I usually have to remind myself to bring a rag to wipe my fingers down.

Grouping wise, not magical as I hoped for :( Eley Tenex, I do have to say has the least amount of vertical variation. Vertically groups were super tight on the Tenex, whereas on the Eley Target, I had a bit more vertical variation, but less L&R. Not sure what I was doing, but the rifle was pretty much steady on the bag/rest, wasn't canted... So I'm not quite sure.

Here's the Eley Target @ 1.25" avg, first shot was the upper left group, maybe a fouling shot for the new ammo, but the rest grouped a lot tighter.

1564803838625.png

Here's the Eley Tenex @ 1.15"

1564803892679.png

Will head out early morning and do some testing.

Reactions: Near miss and 013
I’ve got to put another call in to Beretta on Monday as the lady I spoke with today(Deb) said I couldn’t get replacement mags from them because I purchased them from gunprodeals.com. And of course gunprodeals. Com will not accept them as returns because it’s beyond their return policy.

I got an email receipt that my T1X was delivered to Beretta yesterday...now the wait for their results on firearm and mags.

waiting.

Well the range report is not good. It shot horribly in the new stock. I didn't have a deep enough 1/4 sockets to reach the front screw when installing so I winged it and not sure it's at 65 in/lbs. Gonna have to order one and play with the torque settings. At least that's what I'm telling myself, it could have been me.

I don't think the DIP muzzle brake did anything.

CCI SV:

shot_1564854627520.jpg

Federal Auto Match

shot_1564855121041.jpg

It may shoot like doodoo but it sure looks good! ?

IMG_20190803_133517585_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: JFR and Just Chuck
Well the range report is not good. It shot horribly in the new stock. I didn't have a deep enough 1/4 sockets to reach the front screw when installing so I winged it and not sure it's at 65 in/lbs. Gonna have to order one and play with the torque settings. At least that's what I'm telling myself, it could have been me.

I don't think the DIP muzzle brake did anything.

CCI SV:

View attachment 7123205

Federal Auto Match

View attachment 7123206

It may shoot like doodoo but it sure looks good! ?

View attachment 7123207

Just take the plastic forearm off and you can get to that front screw no problem

Yes 50.

You guys running your Bravo's torqued at 65 in/lbs? My factory stock broke at 30.

I didn't measure. I just cranked down the Allen wrench until I felt it was 65. ? I just rechecked them and they're still very tight.

Try different ammo.

@013

I found out that the biggest issue I had with shooting, actually was parallax. Those Athlon scopes, with a high magnification 27x/30x, if you're not properly parallax free, it can be huge shifts. Like 1/2 inch shift @ 25 yards if I didn't adjust the parallax properly. A 22 doesn't have that much recoil where the action / stock is really going to have that much issue imo. Scope rings loose, sure that'd be a problem.

I have different 2 ETRs and 1 BTR and their parallax does not line up with the markers. My 100 yard parallax free, is at the 200 yard mark, and my 25 yard parallax free is about halfway between the 25 and 50.

--

So today .. properly verifying my parallax I ran Eley Tenex T1X vs the Ruger 10/22 Competition. The Ruger... while having a mushy 2.5 lb trigger and a stock that's not well setup to ride on top of a rear bag can really shoot. I am guessing if I took my time more with it it'd outshoot the Tikka.

Ruger 10/22 Competition
100 yards Prone
Eley Tenex
Best Group: 0.39"!
Average Group: 0.925"

1564869968961.png

Tikka T1X Suppressed
100 yards Prone
Eley Tenex
Best Group: 0.63"
Average Group: 0.74"

1564870068323.png

Good shooting @littlepod!

My 50 yard parallax setting is a little off on my scope as well. I’ll play closer attention to it next time I’m out.

ISSL? International Stump Shooting League? I named it here, first!

JFR

View attachment 7123629View attachment 7123630
New favorite pastime is shooting stumps off the deck. Stumps at 60 yards to 360 yards. Water sure does make it easy to see misses. No wind today. SK Rifle Match hitting a 4”x6” stump at 296 yards was pretty easy. 47 MOA up from 50 yard zero.

One day I'll be able to step out and shoot off my deck.

That view just raised the bar a bit though. ?

Reactions: Boar Pig
I don't have any water but I am more than willing to cut down a few trees and get started "stumping"!

JFR

65 inch pounds?!? For the action screws? What is the factory Tikka spec in the factory stock? I'm just a little amazed at so much torque, as this is a rimfire action. It very well might be 65inch pounds, but that seems really high to me. Let me relate a background story about this:

I had a CZ455 varmint with a KRG x-ray chassis at one point, factory CZ action screw torque was variable between 22-34 inch pounds depending on which document you could find at CZ's convoluted website. KRG wanted 60 inch pounds. so I went 60 inch pounds and the rifle shot very poor groups, and also had some bolt cycling issues, wasn't as smooth as it was before. Went ahead and ran it that way for a couple months, accuracy never improved and I was quite frustrated with the rifle.

Took rifle apart to clean and took out front action screw first and the action literally stood up at a 10-12 degree angle from the amount of torque on the still installed rear action screw. Cleaned everything up and re-installed with old torque settings that I used for the wood stock , so 24 inch pounds rear and 28 front in the KRG chassis. Low and behold, accuracy returned to almost former quality and the bolt ran much smoother without the occasional binding I was getting at the higher settings. Rifle was usable for matches again at this point.

The CZ455 action diameter and wall thickness is no where close to what a remington 700 pattern action is, so using torque values for the full sized center fire action had very detrimental results on the much thinner walled rimfire action in both accuracy and reliability. The Vudoo V22 is designed around a 700r pattern action with the much thicker walls, so they can take that torque without it distorting like the CZ455 did.

I dont have a TX1, yet (it's next on my list after a HW97K). So I don't know their torque recomendations. But testing different torque screw settings for a rimfire might improve your groups. It has beneficial to me in the past. Let us know how it goes and good luck.

@Tiger_Shilone, the KRG Bravo instructions call for 65 in-lbs for the action screws.
The Tikka manual calls for 44 in-lbs with a plastic trigger guard, and 62 in-lbs with a metal tigger guard.

@ 013, you may want to try 20 in/lbs on the action screws. To standardize what I do I always start everything (wood, plastic, metal) at 20 in/lbs and if I need to deviate I do and make a note.

Next, I would recommend going to Goodshootinginc.com and buy at least two boxes of anything of your choice. I recommend them because you can buy individual boxes and if something works Cathy can probably match that lot number and get more of it. Call them first to confirm this. I would recommend 2 boxes of SK Rifle Match, SK Pistol Match, Lapua Pistol King and Lapua Center-X. Buy Eley or RWS if you want but from my personal experience you will find one or more of the recommended four to shoot great and cost less.

You can also go to ammunitionstore.com and get some Wolf Match Target. You have to buy by the brick from them but the Match Target is fairly cheap and shoots really good.

In the end you should be getting groups similar to mine below. My measurement style is different than what you all are using. I tried two different group measuring programs including Range Buddy and found they were just too slow for me to use. If I only shot on the weekends it might be different

1564927586831.png

1564927643081.png

1564927691601.png

1564928167646.png

1564928346466.png

1564928496557.png

1564928536360.png

1564928601350.png

1564928636656.png

Reactions: 013 and littlepod
Glad to see that others are trying the swept bolt handles from Sterk!
I ordered one for my Tikka T3x CTR and one for my T1x (.17 HMR).
The one for the T3x was a snap to install, but I'm stuck on the installation for my T1x !!!
(actually, the removal of the original bolt handle)
I've looked on YouTube for some answers - to no avail.
I was tired and in a hurry, so perhaps that was part of the problem, but if someone has some wisdom to share, i would sure APPRECIATE the assistance!
Thanks in advance

Glad to see that others are trying the swept bolt handles from Sterk!
I ordered one for my Tikka T3x CTR and one for my T1x (.17 HMR).
The one for the T3x was a snap to install, but I'm stuck on the installation for my T1x !!!
(actually, the removal of the original bolt handle)
I've looked on YouTube for some answers - to no avail.
I was tired and in a hurry, so perhaps that was part of the problem, but if someone has some wisdom to share, i would sure APPRECIATE the assistance!
Thanks in advance
Can you not get the Allen head bolt to break loose? I found the T1x easier to replace than my T3x

Can you not get the Allen head bolt to break loose? I found the T1x easier to replace than my T3x
Some are finding the m5 screw in the original T1x handle is a pain to remove. Mine was tight but I can't say if they used loctite. It could just be the fact it's a stainless screw so the thread is binding due to overtightening at the factory, or material properties.
So far the solutions have been - bigger allen wrench, heat, or at worst to drill the head of the screw out/off.
Due to the factory screw being stainless and a short head it is likely to strip if the allen key isn't held in properly.

Reactions: Near miss
Thanks for the suggestions @Kisssofdeath. I have a variety pack of SK Ammo on the way but it didn’t make it before the weekend. I’ll play with torque values if it doesn’t perform with better ammo.

Reactions: Kisssofdeath
Some are finding the m5 screw in the original T1x handle is a pain to remove. Mine was tight but I can't say if they used loctite. It could just be the fact it's a stainless screw so the thread is binding due to overtightening at the factory, or material properties.
So far the solutions have been - bigger allen wrench, heat, or at worst to drill the head of the screw out/off.
Due to the factory screw being stainless and a short head it is likely to strip if the allen key isn't held in properly.
and

Thanks so much!
The problem was me - being in a hurry is a great setup for me making errors !
No problems AFTER reading the excellent Sterk instructions and your comments!
The job is completed - waiting for the loctite to dry.

thanks again!

Another few hundred rounds through mine and no real problems to speak of. I can induce a failure to eject if I cycle the bolt as fast as possible and short stroke it. Empty case wont clear the action. Doesnt happen when I cycle normally. I have 4 mags and no failures with them either.
Finally doing some group shooting off a bipod and rear bag. Wind varied from 0-8mph. At 100yds with CCI SV, I got 2 groups under MOA and 2 under 1.5 MOA. Not bad for $2 ammo. I'd like to try again on a calmer or at least more consistent day. Also got a KYL target from shootingtargets7 and it's great. Lightweight, quick to setup, and AR500.

The only ammo I've tried with a fail to eject is geco match. I've never had an issue with CCI SV or SK rifle match

I finally got my SK ammo from Midway.

IMG_20190806_170114989.jpg

I also sorted a box of Federal Auto Match by weight to see if it makes a difference. All rounds fell into one of the 4 weight categories: 51.2, 51.5, 51.7, and 51.9 grain. I read that you're supposed to measure the rim thickness as well but that was too much work.

IMG_20190806_171405861.jpg

IMG_20190806_170539451.jpg

Looking forward to testing again but I'll have to wait 2 weeks before I can get back out to the range.

Last edited:
I figured this would be a good place to see if there’s is any interest and if anyone knows what would need to be done to make this happen. I love my rifle as is but I think I may build another one with a heavy barrel. How many barrels do you guys think we would need to order to get someone like Lilja to spin up a batch for us. I wonder if Wes could get enough guys here to order one to make it worth their while? I for one would Ben interested. I’m sure quite a few of the other guys on here may be also based on what I have heard. So what say you. Does any one have experience with this or know how the process works?

I figured this would be a good place to see if there’s is any interest and if anyone knows what would need to be done to make this happen. I love my rifle as is but I think I may build another one with a heavy barrel. How many barrels do you guys think we would need to order to get someone like Lilja to spin up a batch for us. I wonder if Wes could get enough guys here to order one to make it worth their while? I for one would Ben interested. I’m sure quite a few of the other guys on here may be also based on what I have heard. So what say you. Does any one have experience with this or know how the process works?

Yes I would totally be interested in one, and also need to factor in how hard it would be to get it installed. I was waiting for that IBI company to start importing their Tikka prefits.

5 turns out adjusted my trigger to 1.5 lbs. Is that considered safe? I've never run a trigger that low before.
Just curious what everyone's running it at?

I have mine set to 12oz without any issues so you'll be just fine at 1.5lbs.

Does anyone have rear bag recommendations for the Tikka in a KRG Bravo? The traditional Caldwell I've been using is not that great.

Does anyone have rear bag recommendations for the Tikka in a KRG Bravo? The traditional Caldwell I've been using is not that great.

I make shooting bags, check out Ridge Precision on facebook. I like a rear bag filled with sand so it settles nicely and makes for a nice front bag when needed.