• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

Some questions:

Is 1/2x28 UNEF same as 1/2x28 TPI? If I order a Silencerco Sparrow for the T1x do I just worry about the 1/2x28 part?

Is there a best place online to buy the .22lr premium ammo like SK, Eley, Wolf, etc...

Some questions:

Is 1/2x28 UNEF same as 1/2x28 TPI? If I order a Silencero Sparrow do I just worry about the 1/2x28 part?

Is there a best place online to buy the .22lr premium ammo like SK, Eley, Wolf, etc...

For SK+, I usually order from Brownell's and use their random 10% off + free shipping codes.

For SK LRM / Rifle Match, I go to powdervalleyinc.com. Usually like $10 shipping, but prices are good.
For Center-X, I go to powdervalleyinc.com

For Eley, the best pricing I found for Eley Target was some sportsman outdoor superstore, it was on sale for $4.99 a box, and pretty cheap price for shipping.

For the pricier Eley, I haven't tried yet, except the SWFA sale.

ammoseek.com usually has a good scan of prices, but they don't factor in shipping, and whatever possible coupons.

Reactions: 013
For SK+, I usually order from Brownell's and use their random 10% off + free shipping codes.

For SK LRM / Rifle Match, I go to powdervalleyinc.com. Usually like $10 shipping, but prices are good.
For Center-X, I go to powdervalleyinc.com

For Eley, the best pricing I found for Eley Target was some sportsman outdoor superstore, it was on sale for $4.99 a box, and pretty cheap price for shipping.

For the pricier Eley, I haven't tried yet, except the SWFA sale.

ammoseek.com usually has a good scan of prices, but they don't factor in shipping, and whatever possible coupons.

1/2-28 is a UNEF thread. So yes. They should both be class 3 threads which is the closest tolerance.

Thanks!

Boltman82 - Thanks, I really like this little Tikka. I'm anxious to start playing at distance and different shooting positions, I think it'll be a lot cheaper doing that with .22 than with 6.5 Creedmoor.
I love my T1X, I shoot it more than any of my other guns.

T1x.jpg
T1x2.jpg

Some questions:

Is 1/2x28 UNEF same as 1/2x28 TPI? If I order a Silencerco Sparrow for the T1x do I just worry about the 1/2x28 part?

I usually end up buying from Midway when they have free shipping.

I see. With the matches
Thanks I'll go and fiddle with it today. I went to 25yd line, and shot 10 rounds, and it was all single hole, so that's fine. Maybe my 100 yard game is just off, or could be a bad set of ammo. 1.3" isn't the end of the world.

Regarding the match, we had unlimited sighters, so I didn't switch ammo during the round. It was a prone steel/silhouette match. So basically 10 min, unlimited sighters, and then 10 shots for scoring.

So whenever I tried new ammo, I would sight in 5-10 shots on the sighter, confirm that my dope was correct, same with windage, and then go and shoot my 10 scoring rounds. Could've been me at 200, getting over confident thinking, that 5" target was easy peasy, and maybe rushing my shots. My relay started at 150 -> 200 -> 50 -> 100. After missing a few shots on the 150/200, I did slow down a lot, and finished the other ones fine. The 100 which they decided to halve the target sizes to make things more challenging, I finished 10/10 whereas most others who finished 10/10 on the 150/200 failed to do that on the 100.

I'm going to fool around today and measure out my SK+ to see if I can detect weight differences, and see if maybe I just have a wonky lot of ammo with big SD. I should probably get a chrono just to verify it's me and not the ammo/gun too. In my previous pictures, I did shoot some .7" 5shot groups. I'll check my action/scope torques as well before I head out.

Thanks for all the tips and advice.

I see. That makes a lot more since. With the matches we shoot we don’t get any sighters. I did find an ammo my rifle liked and just stick with it. I tried using a different ammo for one match and it really screwed me up when I was shooting at distance in the wind. I tried using Center X. It was shooting a little tighter inside 100 yards but at distance the center x performed a lot different than the Eley Edge. That caused me to miss some shots that should have been easy hits for me. I know what to expect from the Eley and just stick with it now. It is also really consistent from lot to lot. I typically don’t need to make any adjustments in my zero or dope when I change lots. I can’t say the same for the other brands of ammo I have shot. I see variations in my zero when using SK or CCI. I have also noticed almost no variation when I shoot the Eley suppressed vs unsuppressed either. I don’t really know about at distance though. I shoot matches without a suppressor so that is how I practice at distance. The extra length on my rifle is just too much of a hindrance on barricades.

Reactions: littlepod
I see. With the matches

I see. That makes a lot more since. With the matches we shoot we don’t get any sighters. I did find an ammo my rifle liked and just stick with it. I tried using a different ammo for one match and it really screwed me up when I was shooting at distance in the wind. I tried using Center X. It was shooting a little tighter inside 100 yards but at distance the center x performed a lot different than the Eley Edge. That caused me to miss some shots that should have been easy hits for me. I know what to expect from the Eley and just stick with it now. It is also really consistent from lot to lot. I typically don’t need to make any adjustments in my zero or dope when I change lots. I can’t say the same for the other brands of ammo I have shot. I see variations in my zero when using SK or CCI. I have also noticed almost no variation when I shoot the Eley suppressed vs unsuppressed either. I don’t really know about at distance though. I shoot matches without a suppressor so that is how I practice at distance. The extra length on my rifle is just too much of a hindrance on barricades.

Thanks, yeh I had sighters so I wasn't completely that noob who decided to switch ammo mid match :) I've never shot 150m/200m before consistently, SK+'s variation at 200 yards at my range, was huge, like 6" up/down. So I was okay to bet on some other people at the match's ammo, RWS Special, and SK LRM.

Replaying the match in my head, I think I got over confident with the 150m/200m targets thinking that they were so big, and maybe rushed my shots.

I went back to the range yesterday for a few hours. Sorted out my SK+, weighed them with a scale I had (not a very precise scale) but the ammo did vary from 3.3 to 3.4g, so I put all the 3.3 in one box, and 3.4 in another box. The 3.4 did shoot slightly higher. But overall not much of a difference. Going to need more diagnosing on my groups, pretty sure it's all shooter error. I've been doing a lot of practice on my 308, which is also in a Bravo, and I've shrunk my 308 groups down quite a bit, but my 22 groups have gotten bigger. 1.2" 6x5's SK+ groups @ 100 yards, and 3x5 .45" FGMM .308 groups.

Reactions: Near miss and 013
Sterk swept handle is in stock, for now, at Scopelist.com

Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow along w/ the bolt shroud. I ordered it from Australia/Delta Tatical on the 23rd. It was at night for me so apparently they jumped right on it. ? That's faster than many in country, not to mention continent or hemisphere, stores manage. I'm impressed.

Reactions: 013 and littlepod
Sir, you have just become my hero for posting that link. Ordered instantly. I was beginning to feel left out not having my swept handle for the T1x.

Just got the email for that as well, right after ordered was placed and got confirmation from other site. Go figure. I'm shickled titless to say the least.

Looks like Europtic is sold out already. Glad I was able to snag one as well. Hanging around this thread is detrimental to my wallet but I'm loving it LOL

Looks like Europtic is sold out already. Glad I was able to snag one as well. Hanging around this thread is detrimental to my wallet but I'm loving it LOL

Yeah I know.

Don't surprise me being sold out already. Kinda like the KRG Bravo the first two times they were for sale.

Funny how we (gun guys) have something that works perfectly fine but we are not satisfied. We just have to buy something to "personalize" what we have, to call it our own creation. That's the way I feel about my big ass Nitecore flashlight hanging down like a big wiener from my Night Stalker. They aint nobody got a big ass flashlight hanging off their rifle like I do. ?

0712192110a.jpg

0708191819.jpg

0708191906b.jpg

Yeah I know.

Don't surprise me being sold out already. Kinda like the KRG Bravo the first two times they were for sale.

Funny how we (gun guys) have something that works perfectly fine but we are not satisfied. We just have to buy something to "personalize" what we have, to call it our own creation. That's the way I feel about my big ass Nitecore flashlight hanging down like a big wiener from my Night Stalker. They aint nobody got a big ass flashlight hanging off their rifle like I do. ?

View attachment 7120462

View attachment 7120463

View attachment 7120464

Lol that is just awesome!

Reactions: Kisssofdeath
Waiting for my KGR Bravo to ship from Anarchy Outdoors. Also waiting on the Sterk from Eurooptic and SK ammo from Midway.
If it all comes in by Friday it will make for a fun weekend.

Reactions: Kisssofdeath
For anyone in need of magazines you can get to from the Beretta store for $31 each and get 20% off using the code GA208. I thing there is a free shipping code floating around somewhere too. I ended up getting two magazines for less than one would have cost from Eurooptic with shipping.

Reactions: 013 and littlepod
Waiting for my KGR Bravo to ship from Anarchy Outdoors. Also waiting on the Sterk from Eurooptic and SK ammo from Midway.
If it all comes in by Friday it will make for a fun weekend.
You got that right, new toys is always fun.

Anybody running a muzzle break on the T1X?
Will it make any difference on a .22 LR or would it just be for looks?

Thinking about running something while I eternally wait on the ATF for the suppressor.

Anybody running a muzzle break on the T1X?
Will it make any difference on a .22 LR or would it just be for looks?

Thinking about running something while I eternally wait on the ATF for the suppressor.

I could make a big difference. I have tried 4 different brakes and the standouts were Silencerco ASR and a Lantec Dragon. I would still be using one but I'd rather shoot suppressed with the Sparrow and mine shoot best suppressed. I have a friend who is now using the ASR brake and he gets great results with Lapua Pistol King.

Another thing, the little 22 makes a distinct sound when using the brake. Doesn't make sense but it's sounds quieter.

Here are some of his results with Silencerco ASR muzzle brake.

bruce2.jpg
IMG956550.jpg

Here are some of mine with a brake.

Tikka  2 Pistol King 4-21-19 Lantec.jpg
Tikka2 Lapua Pistol King No filler SCO Brake 3-23-19.jpg
Tikka2 SK Rifle Match & Eley Edge Lantec 3-29-19.jpg
Tikka  2 Pistol King 4-21-19 Lantec.jpg
Tikka1 Center-X & Pistol King Lantec 3-30-19.jpg
Tikka#1 Pistol King Lantec 4-5-19.jpg

Lantec Dragon

0329191631.jpg

Silencerco ASR

0323191333.jpg

I know this is the Tikka T1X thread, but my lefty fiance after not liking cycling my righty T1X, decided to get her own rifle - Ruger Performance 10/22. I'm out of town for a few days, but will test it out on Friday to see how it compares, have Eley Target, Tenex, SK+, LRM, and CCI SV to test.

View attachment 7121319

Same thing with my youngest son. He is a lefty and we didn’t want to wait on the lefty T1x. I ended up just tricking his 10/22 out with a Feddersen barrel along with an upgraded trigger and stock. I may still need to do something with the bolt too. I’m not real happy with how the new charging handle works. It just seems too hard to charge. I will be taking it out this Friday and him and my son with the T1x will probably engage in a little friendly competition.
92FF3FDC-B39A-448A-B2F5-393FDAF0AD3E.jpeg
AF3AF4ED-CB3B-405A-9789-15BE68CFF6C2.jpeg

My bolt handle and shroud arrived today. 7.5 days from order to on my rifle. Not bad from the other side of the World.

This is a HUGE improvement over the factory bolt handle. Which I really didn't have any issues with to begin with. Placement and leverage w/ the Sterk is noticeable immediately. No actual rounds sent down range yet but I think I could recommend this. The shroud is a nice finishing touch for this rifle.

Both are very well made and fit perfectly. 5 stars.

So is this a T1X specific inlet? I thought I could get away with using a t3X inletted Bravo and just swap when I wanted to.

Yes. And yes but with some modifications. And if you wanted to switch, I think you'd be better off w/ the T3x and modding IIRC. Call or email KRG. They usually respond quickly.

How difficult is it to mod it to fit? I think I read where you file off something in the mag well?

Not sure as I haven't performed it. But I think somewhere in this thread it goes over it a bit. Again, I recommend contacting KRG. They've been very responsive and helpful to all the emails I've sent. Usually get a response within and hour or two. They are on MDST and should still be around.

Reactions: EscapeVelocity
I finally got around to modifying my T3 KRG Bravo to suit the T1x.
Pictures should explain it, but it involved a short head cap screw for the magazine well, drilling/counterboring 2x holes in the top of the Chassis to suit M3 screws (will probably change them to hex drive pan head - zinc philips were all I had on hand).
Drill and Tap M3 into the trigger guard due to the existing screw no longer being used.
Remove/Drill/Mill/File material to allow for Plastic Tab on Magazine and Cap screw.
I've checked it all assembled and can still use the T1x magazine with the AICS mag lever in place. The bottom rear of the magazine presses against it, but it means I can swap a T3/T3x and T1x in the one stock. I did make the Thru-holes a little bigger so the 2x M3 screws can slide a little back and forth to get the right tension when using AICS magazines still (original screw did the same).
Next up will be a Sterk handle and shroud ;)

View attachment 7083527View attachment 7083529View attachment 7083530View attachment 7083531
Pics of what was required

Looks like I’ve got 6 mags that are just crap. Shot again this last weekend and all 6 had issues at some point and multiple times for each mag out of about 150rds of SK+.

Guess I’ll be sending them all back. Wish me luck on getting replacements.

FYI I ensured rounds were seated completely in the rear for every mag every time.

Reactions: Just Chuck
Received my Sterk bolt handle earlier this week and KRG Bravo yesterday. Got everything assembled last night. Now I just need to confirm zero and shoot some 6x5 groups.

Attachments

• IMG_20190731_222855.jpg
    IMG_20190731_222855.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_20190731_222832.jpg
    IMG_20190731_222832.jpg
    467.4 KB · Views: 121
Looks like I’ve got 6 mags that are just crap. Shot again this last weekend and all 6 had issues at some point and multiple times for each mag out of about 150rds of SK+.

FYI I ensured rounds were seated completely in the rear for every mag every time.

You and me both... I called Beretta and have sent the rifle and all six mags back to them. (they asked that I send all mags that I used with the rifle and what types of ammo used). I filled out the service request, got the UPS docs, and packed everything as instructed. UPS picked it up Monday.

I'm not convinced it's just a magazine problem - the six I have are from three different sources, purchased three different times. What are the odds they all would be defective? (rhetorical question)

Anyway, I'm hopeful this can/will get fixed. poke_53 I'll keep you posted - please do the same.

Going back a page or two in this thread, there were suggestions about tapping mags to seat rounds all the way back. That looked promising and seemed to help, but it was no fix - the jamming problem was / is still there.

I have a spare magazine that works great. If you want I’ll trade it for one of yours. That should iron out if it is the magazines or something with your rifle. It seems more likely that there may be an issue with the rifle. Maybe the magazine well is mounted a little off or there is some space where there shouldn’t be. That seems more likely than 6 magazines all with the same issue. The tikka magazines are just to simple. The probably that all 6 have the same issue is pretty unlikely

I think it’s odd as well especially since all mags are having the same issue with the round tipping up as it tries to feed into the chamber.

In addition, I have shot this rifle with the factory stock. Only with the KRG.

5 turns out adjusted my trigger to 1.5 lbs. Is that considered safe? I've never run a trigger that low before.
Just curious what everyone's running it at?