• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

Bravo - good tag on your pics - glamor shots.....nice.

Spell check strikes again! I wrote "BEVO" and it decided BRAVO would be better.

Last edited:
20moa base and bolt handle from Mountain Tactical. Ill have the rings tomorrow. Then I’ll adjust the trigger and get rid of that freakin bolt lock pin

Attachments

• B62BE707-8161-4766-8585-085B9A7A14DC.jpeg
    B62BE707-8161-4766-8585-085B9A7A14DC.jpeg
    262.4 KB · Views: 133
20moa base and bolt handle from Mountain Tactical. Ill have the rings tomorrow. Then I’ll adjust the trigger and get rid of that freakin bolt lock pin
Looks nice. The that bolt knob hard on the skin? Also the bolt lock pin, is that the pin that keeps the bolt from coming out when cycling the bolt?

The bolt knob will be fine. the edges are smoothed nicely, just enough traction on it. The lock pin, locks the bolt closed when the safety is on. (Side bolt release keeps the bolt in the rifle) I cant stand that. I’ve removed it on my T3 as well.

Reactions: Kisssofdeath
Pistol King Suppressed @ 100 yards. Unfortunately for me screwing up that last group. I was having a decent session too. At this point it looks like my SK+ for $5 a box is holding up to Pistol King. Probably a 10-15% tighter grouping of PK vs SK+, but at this point, not going to keep investing in $10/box.

CCI SV, at $2.25 a box, isn't bad, but I am avging 1.25-1.3" with it. So SK+ is a good 30% improvement. PK probably a 15% improvement over SK+

View attachment 7116728

What app is this that measure the groups?

I've got pretty much the same combination - stock Tikka with Covenant 7 in 5-35 FFP Christmas tree mil reticle. Really like that scope.

I got the 3x-21x, they were out of the higher magnification one, I was up in the air about which one to get. I am happy with this one, I think it will be up to all of the tasks required.

Mike

Reactions: Just Chuck
KRG Bravos for the T1X are back in stock on their website. I just ordered mine in Sako Green.

My Sterk bolt handle is still waiting to clear customs in Chicago. :rolleyes:

Yeah, tracking won't update past that. That is Australia Post tracking number, once it imports to the US they assign it a USPS tracking number. Australia Post isn't privy to that new number, so your tracking will not update past that.

Mine showed arrived in Chicago on 7/20 and it was delivered to my mailbox on 7/24, no further tracking update between those times.

The bolt knob will be fine. the edges are smoothed nicely, just enough traction on it. The lock pin, locks the bolt closed when the safety is on. (Side bolt release keeps the bolt in the rifle) I cant stand that. I’ve removed it on my T3 as well.
Thanks for the clarification.

Yeah, tracking won't update past that. That is Australia Post tracking number, once it imports to the US they assign it a USPS tracking number. Australia Post isn't privy to that new number, so your tracking will not update past that.

Mine showed arrived in Chicago on 7/20 and it was delivered to my mailbox on 7/24, no further tracking update between those times.
The tracking number is a barcode printed on the parcel - same code works in the AU post and USPS trackers online.

Reactions: JSchell1309
That makes sense. I have a package delivery app and only input it as Australia Post and didn’t make another “delivery” with the code as USPS as the carrier.

Really gotta say it again, this handle is top quality man. Very please with it and the improvement to the function of the rifle. Thanks again for making it available to us around the world.

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
@cannoncrossfire

Got mine installed today and the fit and finish is great. The only issue I saw was that the larger screws head stripped very easily when installing. Mine was really soft. But, that shouldn’t be an issue with the loctite.

Thanks for the great product

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
@cannoncrossfire

Got mine installed today and the fit and finish is great. The only issue I saw was that the larger screws head stripped very easily when installing. Mine was really soft. But, that shouldn’t be an issue with the loctite.

Thanks for the great product
Glad you got it installed, yes the shallow head screws are a bit difficult at times. Tikka uses a shallow head in the original handle which can be a pain to remove, the screw with the Sterk handle is a shallow head purely because there's not much room for anything else. If you ever need a replacement screw let me know, they're custom.

I put it together last night and took it to the range for the first time this morning. Zeroed it and shot CCI SV, Federal Lightning, and Federal Auto Match which is what I had.

The best I could squeeze out of it was about half MOA inch at 50 yards. I'm happy with that.

CCI SV on top and Federal Auto Match on the bottom. Federal Lightning was all over the place. Looking forward to trying better ammo.

Last edited:
I put it together last night and took it to the range for the first time this morning. Zeroed it and shot CCI SV, Federal Lightning, and Federal Auto Match which is what I had.

View attachment 7119155

The best I could squeeze out of it was about half MOA. I'm happy with that.

CCI SV on top and Federal Auto Match on the bottom. Federal Lightning was all over the place. Looking forward to trying better ammo.

View attachment 7119156

Get yourself some Wolf or SK ammo and try it again. Those groups will tighten up a whole lot. I shoot CCI SV for practice ammo off barricades inside 100 but for anything else it is too inconsistent. My sons rifle absolutely loves the SK Pistol Match Special and mine tends to shoot Wolf ME or Eley Edge very well. We were shooting prone this past week and we were both hitting the 1 moa target 8 out of 10 times on average at 200 yards. Honestly my rifle shoots any of the mid to high end ammo well as does my sons but some just seem to perform significantly better out of each rifle once you start reaching out farther than 50 yards.

Get yourself some Wolf or SK ammo and try it again. Those groups will tighten up a whole lot. I shoot CCI SV for practice ammo off barricades inside 100 but for anything else it is too inconsistent. My sons rifle absolutely loves the SK Pistol Match Special and mine tends to shoot Wolf ME or Eley Edge very well. We were shooting prone this past week and we were both hitting the 1 moa target 8 out of 10 times on average at 200 yards. Honestly my rifle shoots any of the mid to high end ammo well as does my sons but some just seem to perform significantly better out of each rifle once you start reaching out farther than 50 yards.

I'll give those a try.

I did a 50-100-150-200m match today, and tried swapping SK LRM @ 150m and 200m and it just kind of fell apart. 5/5 hits on the sighter target, and then 7/10 on the actual silhouette targets with some flying pretty high and some low. It was frustrating :( Only hit 13/20 targets. I guess I should've known as the LRM lot I have was pretty crappy at 100 in practice as well. Went 10/10 on the smaller targets @ 100 using SK Standard Plus.

I also made the mistake of cleaning my rifle yesterday as i was excited that my new T1X Bore Guide came in and I got a nice pro-shot cleaning rod. Put in Wipeout, let it sit for an hour, and then ran through 4 dry patches. Went to the range and expected to spend some time refouling it, but even after 40 shots, my groups were no where as tight as they were before I cleaned it (I was at 1500 rounds or so before the cleaning).

Most people at the match mentioned that they never clean their 22's until they really gunked up. People were shooting a lot of anshutz and vudoos. Most running Eley Match.

Going to go back to the range and shoot some more 6x5's to see how it's doing... also going to do more comparison with the suppressor. Someone made the point that suppressor shouldn't do anything in terms of accuracy, but if it manages to tweak your barrel harmonics, then it could have positive/negative effects. So far my groupings have been about 20% tighter suppressed... Wasn't allowed to shoot suppressed at the match though.

Reactions: 013
Added the ARCA rail and made some adjustments to the stock and moved the scope forward on notch. Went back to my range to reset zero on the scope. All CCI SV. Waiting on some Center X to arrive. And will work my way down the premium .22LR chain. The CCI is great out to 50. Maybe I just need more work @ 100 yds. ?

All measurements in inches NOT MOA.

25 Yards.

50 Yards.

100 Yards.

The connections between the ARCA rail and the ARCA clamp on this ball head and tripod it rock solid. It's like one unit. NO Play.
*The above groups were NOT shot off the tripod.

Last edited:
I did a 50-100-150-200m match today, and tried swapping SK LRM @ 150m and 200m and it just kind of fell apart. 5/5 hits on the sighter target, and then 7/10 on the actual silhouette targets with some flying pretty high and some low. It was frustrating :( Only hit 13/20 targets. I guess I should've known as the LRM lot I have was pretty crappy at 100 in practice as well. Went 10/10 on the smaller targets @ 100 using SK Standard Plus.

I also made the mistake of cleaning my rifle yesterday as i was excited that my new T1X Bore Guide came in and I got a nice pro-shot cleaning rod. Put in Wipeout, let it sit for an hour, and then ran through 4 dry patches. Went to the range and expected to spend some time refouling it, but even after 40 shots, my groups were no where as tight as they were before I cleaned it (I was at 1500 rounds or so before the cleaning).

Most people at the match mentioned that they never clean their 22's until they really gunked up. People were shooting a lot of anshutz and vudoos. Most running Eley Match.

Going to go back to the range and shoot some more 6x5's to see how it's doing... also going to do more comparison with the suppressor. Someone made the point that suppressor shouldn't do anything in terms of accuracy, but if it manages to tweak your barrel harmonics, then it could have positive/negative effects. So far my groupings have been about 20% tighter suppressed... Wasn't allowed to shoot suppressed at the match though.

Ouch! I never clean my rifle brfore a match. In fact I make sure the last ammo I shoot before a match is the same I’m shooting at the match. I also never change ammo at a match. I will not even change lot numbers of the same ammo. I have seen some pretty significant POI changes from Lot to lot let alone changing ammo. I’ll bet that is one lesson you never forget though.

I agree.

Why not?

NRA smallbore rules are no muzzle devices at all, brakes, compensators, suppressors, etc.

--

Went back to the range and took my time and shot on paper. Worst results I've had since I purchased my gun. In my last 9 6x5's I've shot 0.9-1.1moa, and did 2 more 6x5's today and both were 1.25moa. So I have now about 200 rounds through the rifle after cleaning it. I sure hope it tightens up again :( I don't think I did anything wrong when I cleaned it. Got the new bore-tech guide rod, and a new pro-shot .20cal rod w/ jag and patches. I wonder how long until I get it nice and fouled where it'll shoot tight groups.

Today's groupings, SK+ @ 100 yards.

Last week's grouping:

SK+ @ 100 yards.

@Jefe's Dope I couldn't get CCI SV to do that well. Prior to my cleaning, CCI SV was grouping avg around 1.35", compared to the 1-1.1" groupings on the SK+.

Now CCI SV is half the cost though, so maybe that's good enough.

In terms of 25 yards, last week with SK+

All 5 shot groups though. I should try 10 shot groups to see how much things open up.

Ouch! I never clean my rifle brfore a match. In fact I make sure the last ammo I shoot before a match is the same I’m shooting at the match. I also never change ammo at a match. I will not even change lot numbers of the same ammo. I have seen some pretty significant POI changes from Lot to lot let alone changing ammo. I’ll bet that is one lesson you never forget though.

Haha yeh... I thought refouling it with 40 rounds would've made things fine... 200 rounds later and it's still not as tight as it was before... I've done a lot of 6x5's, probably 2-3 a week, and I haven't had my groups this wide open since when I first bought the rifle. I'm 200 rounds in now since the cleaning.

Someone gave me 30 rounds of RWS Match Special to shoot too :p After sighting in just fine, ended up going 6/10... yeh I'll just stick with one ammo and use it consistently.

Though if I stick with Eley. Shooting Eley Tenex vs Eley Target, should that be fine? They should perform the same, just Tenex is a lot tighter? I figure i'd train with Target, match with Tenex.

Littlepod, cleaning your rifle didn't net you the disappointing score, switching ammo did.

I have went through the experiment many times, I have never had a rifle that has needed a break in period after cleaning.

I took my T1X out to the short range yesterday. I was set up at 100 yards for some practice but had a torso target out at 300 just for a few shots from my 223.

The wind was fairly low, so I decided to check a ballistic chart from my buddy. 12.9 mils at 300. I was shooting a hair low at 100 for some reason, so I dialed 13.1 and sent one, holding for wind. First round hit!

Sent about half a box out there, only dropping 4 shots due to over judging wind. I ended up dialing down to 12.9 at some point, which is where you see most of the vertical dispersion.

This was my first time over 150 with a rimfire. I can’t wait to get it really dialed in.

The bigger splashes were from my 223, testing the drop from my 100 yard zero on a new ammo that I’m trying. I didn’t have access to a chrono that day.

Attachments

• AC0B916E-4BAA-48F3-90AE-04A159AAD18C.jpeg
    AC0B916E-4BAA-48F3-90AE-04A159AAD18C.jpeg
    442.8 KB · Views: 120
Littlepod, cleaning your rifle didn't net you the disappointing score, switching ammo did.

I have went through the experiment many times, I have never had a rifle that has needed a break in period after cleaning.

Agree on switching ammo... but went back and did multiple 6x5's today, and all of them grouped worse than before I cleaned. Yes shooter could be the factor, but I've been doing 3x 6x5's a week, and I haven't had groups this bad since I got the rifle.

I started googling more, after cleaning my rifle, am I supposed to lube it? Like run 1 drop of oil through the barrel? All I did was use wipeout, leave it in for an hour, and ran dry patches through it. 4 patches through and it was clean.

Some people say then run like a drop of oil through it?

Only time I will put RP "Rust Preventive" in a barrel is if it's not going to get shot in months, like 12+ or every time when I use my Sweets 7.62. Check out my new Zephyr II thread. I have to admit, it's just for you lol. I really wasn't going to post about it but read about your cleaning result.

Littlepod, changing ammo and shooting cheaper ammo in practice is no big deal. Changing ammo or even lot numbers of the same ammo in the middle of a match however is a huge no no. Anytime you change ammo or lot numbers you will need to reconfirm your zero and velocity/dope. There is a good chance it will change. Especially going from something like SK plus to SK Match long range. The point of impact could have changed by 1/2” or more at 50 yards. Now stretch that out to 200 yards Andy you are off by 2” and that is assuming the velocity is the same which isn’t likely either. Pick one ammoand lot number for a match and stick with it. If you don’t have enough of one lot to shoot the whole match buy more ammo.

For cleaning I usually just pull a boresnake through my rifles after I am done for the day. I do this most range days except before a match. That several rounds it takes the rifle to settle in may be the difference in 1st and 5th place. In general the only time I will clean a rimfire is when my accuracy starts to fall off. I can’t tell you how many rounds that typically is but it is a lot. Honestly it sounds like something beyond the cleaning is going on with your rifle. I would start checking other things also. I would start with all the usual suspects like checking the scope to make sure it is secure and the action bolts to make sure they are torqued enough.

Agree on switching ammo... but went back and did multiple 6x5's today, and all of them grouped worse than before I cleaned. Yes shooter could be the factor, but I've been doing 3x 6x5's a week, and I haven't had groups this bad since I got the rifle.

I started googling more, after cleaning my rifle, am I supposed to lube it? Like run 1 drop of oil through the barrel? All I did was use wipeout, leave it in for an hour, and ran dry patches through it. 4 patches through and it was clean.

Some people say then run like a drop of oil through it?

Did you remove the action from the stock? I did this once and I managed to get the recoil bar on top of instead of in the slot for it which in turn tweaked the barrel up which completed f'd up my groups. I didn't realize until I was sitting looking at my rifle from a different angle and saw the barrel pointing in an upward direction rather than parallel with the stock.

A friend of mine did the same exact thing when he initially put his rifle in the Bravo and it wouldn’t shoot well either.

Littlepod, changing ammo and shooting cheaper ammo in practice is no big deal. Changing ammo or even lot numbers of the same ammo in the middle of a match however is a huge no no. Anytime you change ammo or lot numbers you will need to reconfirm your zero and velocity/dope. There is a good chance it will change. Especially going from something like SK plus to SK Match long range. The point of impact could have changed by 1/2” or more at 50 yards. Now stretch that out to 200 yards Andy you are off by 2” and that is assuming the velocity is the same which isn’t likely either. Pick one ammoand lot number for a match and stick with it. If you don’t have enough of one lot to shoot the whole match buy more ammo.

For cleaning I usually just pull a boresnake through my rifles after I am done for the day. I do this most range days except before a match. That several rounds it takes the rifle to settle in may be the difference in 1st and 5th place. In general the only time I will clean a rimfire is when my accuracy starts to fall off. I can’t tell you how many rounds that typically is but it is a lot. Honestly it sounds like something beyond the cleaning is going on with your rifle. I would start checking other things also. I would start with all the usual suspects like checking the scope to make sure it is secure and the action bolts to make sure they are torqued enough.

Thanks I'll go and fiddle with it today. I went to 25yd line, and shot 10 rounds, and it was all single hole, so that's fine. Maybe my 100 yard game is just off, or could be a bad set of ammo. 1.3" isn't the end of the world.

Regarding the match, we had unlimited sighters, so I didn't switch ammo during the round. It was a prone steel/silhouette match. So basically 10 min, unlimited sighters, and then 10 shots for scoring.

So whenever I tried new ammo, I would sight in 5-10 shots on the sighter, confirm that my dope was correct, same with windage, and then go and shoot my 10 scoring rounds. Could've been me at 200, getting over confident thinking, that 5" target was easy peasy, and maybe rushing my shots. My relay started at 150 -> 200 -> 50 -> 100. After missing a few shots on the 150/200, I did slow down a lot, and finished the other ones fine. The 100 which they decided to halve the target sizes to make things more challenging, I finished 10/10 whereas most others who finished 10/10 on the 150/200 failed to do that on the 100.

I'm going to fool around today and measure out my SK+ to see if I can detect weight differences, and see if maybe I just have a wonky lot of ammo with big SD. I should probably get a chrono just to verify it's me and not the ammo/gun too. In my previous pictures, I did shoot some .7" 5shot groups. I'll check my action/scope torques as well before I head out.

Thanks for all the tips and advice.

The Magic Combo.jpg

I was initially not that impressed with the SK Long Range Match unsupressed but figured I'd shoot some suppressed to see if it was any better , so I spun the Sparrow on and Holy Cow, this is the magic combo for me, SK Long Range Match thru Silencerco Sparrow.

The first group was about .5 mil lower than unsuppressed, so I dialed up .5 mil for the remaining 5 groups at 50. Really upset at myself for pulling that last shot in group 6, otherwise this card would have looked much better.

SK long Range Match 50 - Suppressed.jpg

@ 50 yards

SK Long Rang Match 100 - Suppressed.jpg

@100 yards.

View attachment 7119695
I was initially not that impressed with the SK Long Range Match unsupressed but figured I'd shoot some suppressed to see if it was any better , so I spun the Sparrow on and Holy Cow, this is the magic combo for me, SK Long Range Match thru Silencerco Sparrow.

The first group was about .5 mil lower than unsuppressed, so I dialed up .5 mil for the remaining 5 groups at 50. Really upset at myself for pulling that last shot in group 6, otherwise this card would have looked much better.

View attachment 7119696
@ 50 yards

View attachment 7119706
@100 yards.

You should submit that to the 6x5 threads. I think this is the best T1X outing I've seen. I couldn't get my lot of LRM to shoot well... nothing close to yours!

Just dumped out 2 boxes of my SK+, they varied from 3.3 to 3.4 grams per bullet. I sorted out the 3.3 and 3.4 to different boxes to see if there's any variation. I need a more precise scale, but something to play with for today... heading out to do some more 6x5's at 100.

View attachment 7119695

View attachment 7119696
@ 50 yards

View attachment 7119706
@100 yards.
Very nice groups!

Reactions: fxdlryan
You should submit that to the 6x5 threads. I think this is the best T1X outing I've seen. I couldn't get my lot of LRM to shoot well... nothing close to yours!
littlepod - I think the 6X5 threads are supposed to be shot prone. Though I was on bipod with a rear bag, I was shooting off a bench and at an indoor range.