• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

The DIP 25 MOA rail, an after market bolt knob (DIP or Sterk) and a KGR Bravo. You can get away without the chassis but I really love mine. For ammo mine shoot just about everything pretty well but seem to shoot some ammo better. One of mine seems to really like SK Pistol Match ammo the best and the other loves the Eley contact and Edge. You will need to pick up a few different ammos and try them out. I have found for most practice my tikka shoots CCI SV well enough to not waste money on the more expensive ammo though.

+1 ditto on practicing with CCI SV when not shooting for sub moa. I have found that SK+, and Eley Target perform really well ~ 1.1" at 100 yards. I still haven't tried Center-X with my rifle yet.

Reactions: rimfire22lr
I bought a Feddersen blank and my gunsmith is fitting that for me. I’m hoping it shoots as well ast the other Feddersen barrels I have shot did. Right now I believe he is waiting on the reamer.

Has anyone determined if it’s worth the cost to replace the barrel for more additional accuracy. I understand if you want a heavier barrel though.

Been looking at this thread and decided to join. I’m looking for a T1X now, any advice as to what to upgrade and not?

In reality you don't have to upgrade anything, it's just that good. But, if you are like 95% of the rest of us you can't resist getting a new stock, bolt handle and now barrels. IMO it's the ultimate platform to build on. Did I mention I have 4? o_O :LOL:

In reality you don't have to upgrade anything, it's just that good. But, if you are like 95% of the rest of us you can't resist getting a new stock, bolt handle and now barrels. IMO it's the ultimate platform to build on. Did I mention I have 4? o_O :LOL:

Mdt acc chassis will fit the Tikka t3 and t1x. Something to consider, one chassis that fits both. Vs buying 2 bravos.

Shot a nrl22 match today. Finished second behind the v22. It wasn't the gun that made me miss. Only area that I felt lacking was me shooting Eley Target on the paper stage and wasn't able to get all 10s at 50 yards. I had my cold bore shot go .4 inches low.

Reactions: Near miss
I would hold off on the trigger spring until you have the rifle. I was able to get my triggers below 1 1/2 lbs without a problem using the factory springs.

I’d like to mimic my T3, that’s the basis for ordering a trigger spring. I plan to order the same one I have to get it as close as possible to my centerfire rig.

How light to you like your trigger? I was able to get my T3 to 1 1/2 lbs without a problem with the factory springs. My Tikka’s are PRS rifles though. I have adjusted three of mine and two of my friends down to 1 1/2 lbs With the factory springs. If they were bench rest rifles I might take the triggers a little lower though. I did buy one of the Elay precision springs but just didn’t need it. I believe the Elay precision is $10 which is quite a bit cheaper than the Yodave for the same spring.

As light as I can get the safely. My 455 trigger is in the oz’s and my T3 is right at 1lb. All the Timney and Jewels I’ve had in the past we’re all at 1lb or under. I understand I may not get under 1lb with the Tikka and that fine but I want it as low as I can get it

I would wait, too as @Eoddave27 said. I got my T1X to 1 1/4# by backing the spring screw all the way til it hit the head of the mag screw.

Now - was using a spring trigger scale (old school) so the value could have been + or - some amount. But, it is light, and breaks clean.

Also, I forgot to ask. I’m looking to make this a switch barrel type rig with a 17 hmr barrel. Are the bolt heads the same for the 22 and 17, similar to CZ?

Upgrade the stock. Trigger is pretty damn good. Install a good picatinny scope base and quality scope then have fun.

JFR

Would really like to put a T1 in my KRG Whiskey. Does anyone know if there is a company working on making a T1 work with AICS pattern 22 mags??

Reactions: rimfire22lr
That is a great question and an excellent idea especially considering some of the feeding issues I’ve been reading about. Also, same/similar pattern as the AICS mags

Would really like to put a T1 in my KRG Whiskey. Does anyone know if there is a company working on making a T1 work with AICS pattern 22 mags??

Good idea, but who besides vudoo makes AICS pattern 22 mags? I can think of a couple AR variants such as black dog and S&W for the MP15.

The feed on the vudoo mags is torwards the front side of the mag, not the rear where it would be needed for a Tikka retrofit option

There is also the fact the ejector is attached to the factory mag well. I've fitted a t1 into a whiskey three, no feed or ejection issues in 1200 odd rounds, it's not that hard to get it working well.

Picked one up in 17 yesterday. I was going to order a bunch of different 50 rnd boxes to see if it had a preference. Is there anything I shouldn’t waste my time with?

People have said that, but I haven't found a submission for a patent or a complete patent.

What i can find with some googling

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20190049200A1 Mid lock-up receiver
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20140317983A1 Rimfire type firearms having centerfire firearm components and related methods Application status is Abandoned

image of magazine is in the 2014 patent

Sub cal magazine patent
https://patents.google.com/patent/US4079535A Rifle adapter assembly magazine Application status is Expired - Lifetime

if there is another patent i would love to see it.

Picked one up in 17 yesterday. I was going to order a bunch of different 50 rnd boxes to see if it had a preference. Is there anything I shouldn’t waste my time with?

A17 is what I’ve ran in a 455 earlier this year. Shit great and was popping dogs at 200.

What i can find with some googling

https://patents.google.com/patent/US20190049200A1 Mid lock-up receiver
https://patents.google.com/patent/US20140317983A1 Rimfire type firearms having centerfire firearm components and related methods Application status is Abandoned

image of magazine is in the 2014 patent

Sub cal magazine patent
https://patents.google.com/patent/US4079535A Rifle adapter assembly magazine Application status is Expired - Lifetime

if there is another patent i would love to see it.

Yeah the second one is the only thing close that I found that appears to even be close to a patent on a magazine, but it was abandoned and not really magazine specific. It was probably abandoned because it was never going to issues because it is not really a new idea. So if anyone is looking to make aics tikka magazines/adapter get after it.

On another note, anyone know of a place selling them cheap right now?

think it ended last night, but i have seen the mags25 code a few times.

@DeadeyeD’rick I haven't actually "upgraded" anything on my rifle. I adjusted the trigger as low as it will go and made a cheek riser with yoga mat and coban wrap. I have a DIP rail and Vortex DB Tac 6-24x50 scope. Just won base class in NRL for the second month in a row (I've only tried twice) and this month had the highest overall score in my club. The T1x is that good. I had one FTE during the match and pulled off a mag change fast enough that it didn't cost me any points. I'm shooting CCI Green Tag. I had great results with SK Rifle Match but the Green Tag is available locally and during warm-up Saturday I put 10 shots under 1 inch at 100 yards.

Yeah, I did it a couple weeks ago. Not sure if I’d do it again. The factory recoil lug was EXTREMELY difficult to remove from my rifle, and the HVHA recoil lug was pretty difficult to get in. Same with the bedding pillars. Side note: Everything described below was done with the factory stock. Also, none of HVHA’s parts/pieces come with instructions, but they are very responsive/friendly on Facebook messenger.

Granted, I had never done anything like this before, so that may speak to some of the difficulty I had. The pillars are 25/65” I pre-drilled holes for them and was about to get them about half way through when they got stuck. I beat on them with a mallet with only marginally greater success. Eventually I was able to get them in by sticking a bolt through, threading 2 nuts on the other end, and pressed it through by holding the nuts with a wrench while tightening the bolt with a screw driver.

In hindsight, it would have been better to drill larger holes and use epoxy to holt the pillars in. I haven’t been to the range since, so no telling yet if there’s any improvement, or if I completely jacked things up.

Last edited:
@DeadeyeD’rick I haven't actually "upgraded" anything on my rifle. I adjusted the trigger as low as it will go and made a cheek riser with yoga mat and coban wrap. I have a DIP rail and Vortex DB Tac 6-24x50 scope. Just won base class in NRL for the second month in a row (I've only tried twice) and this month had the highest overall score in my club. The T1x is that good. I had one FTE during the match and pulled off a mag change fast enough that it didn't cost me any points. I'm shooting CCI Green Tag. I had great results with SK Rifle Match but the Green Tag is available locally and during warm-up Saturday I put 10 shots under 1 inch at 100 yards.

That sounds promising, I hope my shooting license comes tomorrow so I can get my Tikka Thursday from the shop.

Also ordered the vertical grip, oversized bolt knob and 2 spare magazines.

I bought the Britannia rails picatinny but with 0 moa, maybe a beginner mistake we'll see. Still got to learn alot.

Also opted for the Vortex Diamondback tactical 6-24x50

Wanted to order the elay springs set but they don't send to here, and when over 22 euro it's rediculous taxes and import fees.

Bought the dip muzzle brake, just for the looks ?

Caldwell picatinny adapter and a atlas BT46-LW17 PSR

Beartooth comb raising kit

Hope to get the krg bravo someday but prizes and availability over here ?

Anyhow ivm looking forward to starting out with my first gun, the wonders of putting it together, boresight it and zeroing excites me already.

6 months of waiting but the end is near ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Near miss
Just FYI, I spoke with IBI today and they do not have any immediate plans to offer a prefit 17hmr barrel for the T1X. I was told possibly next year

That sounds promising, I hope my shooting license comes tomorrow so I can get my Tikka Thursday from the shop.

Also ordered the vertical grip, oversized bolt knob and 2 spare magazines.

I bought the Britannia rails picatinny but with 0 moa, maybe a beginner mistake we'll see. Still got to learn alot.

Also opted for the Vortex Diamondback tactical 6-24x50

Wanted to order the elay springs set but they don't send to here, and when over 22 euro it's rediculous taxes and import fees.

Bought the dip muzzle brake, just for the looks ?

Caldwell picatinny adapter and a atlas BT46-LW17 PSR

Beartooth comb raising kit

Hope to get the krg bravo someday but prizes and availability over here ?

Anyhow ivm looking forward to starting out with my first gun, the wonders of putting it together, boresight it and zeroing excites me already.

6 months of waiting but the end is near ?

Shooting license?

Calling Justin, @Massoud
What do you say, will KRG make a AICS/22 mag to work with the TIkka T1?? Would really love to use these Whiskey chassis I have on a T1!!

It's theoretically possible but probably quite difficult and it would possibly only fit a T1x. I'd rather work on another gas gun than a mag, and I did the very first Pmag AICS, haha. That was around 2008 and you see how long it took to get to production!

Just so you know you can put a W-3 back end on a T1x Bravo, you can put on a W-3 forend too (T3 inlet is best), an Enclosed Forend (AR style forend) should work but we haven't done it.

Justin

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
Just so you know you can put a W-3 back end on a T1x Bravo, you can put on a W-3 forend too (T3 inlet is best), an Enclosed Forend (AR style forend) should work but we haven't done it.

Justin

Is this a plug and play swap? I have Whiskey-3 and love it. I was considering a T3 inlet X-Ray for my T1x but if I can pull the back end from my W-3 and install it on a Bravo that'd be a great solution as well.

A few 5 shot groups this morning from 50 yards with SK Standard + Last group was 10
E937B64A-EFB6-4F93-BAFF-A8DA1F1EDA63.jpeg
EE4D167C-07C1-4AFE-B528-77D3A052C9E6.jpeg
35AA6BF1-5200-48DC-A61A-E4F1FCC0ACE0.jpeg
62AC1190-6B45-417D-A213-996692946DE3.jpeg
1A4F8086-D81F-4441-979F-B66948514B4C.jpeg
123DCB07-68CA-4709-AA1F-0464695724B0.jpeg
C7B1BA26-53B0-4763-BFD8-48EDFE87F672.jpeg
AC465594-0FAC-4DE4-B00B-2BAB3AA24B18.jpeg

Reactions: silentheart
It's theoretically possible but probably quite difficult and it would possibly only fit a T1x. I'd rather work on another gas gun than a mag, and I did the very first Pmag AICS, haha. That was around 2008 and you see how long it took to get to production!

Justin

@Massoud
I hear what you’re sayin.
Love for the T1x is pretty strong. Surprised there’s not more interest considering you did see a reason to make the Bravo T1.
Sucks for those of us with older Whiskey chassis that we would like to reuse on a 22. Used market is pretty soft on the older chassis. Also would be a good reason to upgrade to the Gen6... Just sayin

@Massoud
I hear what you’re sayin.
Love for the T1x is pretty strong. Surprised there’s not more interest considering you did see a reason to make the Bravo T1.
Sucks for those of us with older Whiskey chassis that we would like to reuse on a 22. Used market is pretty soft on the older chassis. Also would be a good reason to upgrade to the Gen6... Just sayin

A t1x will fit into a older w3 without much drama, I have a t3 w3 gen 3 and it was a simple job to get it sorted out, obviously the t3 can still use that chassis as well.

A t1x will fit into a older w3 without much drama, I have a t3 w3 gen 3 and it was a simple job to get it sorted out, obviously the t3 can still use that chassis as well.
I’ve got a couple Gen5’s. Could I bother you for pics and the how to?

Is this a plug and play swap? I have Whiskey-3 and love it. I was considering a T3 inlet X-Ray for my T1x but if I can pull the back end from my W-3 and install it on a Bravo that'd be a great solution as well.

Yes you can swap on any of our rear ends, possibly not the folder as the cocking piece might hit the hinge but barring that they all fit.

@mrtoyz you don't need an AICS pattern mag to make it fit your T3 W-3's. Just use the existing mag and see below for the major differences (T3 W-3 material in red that isn't there on a T1x). The trigger guard is different but that one wouldn't be too hard either. You can ignore the front trigger guard mount point and just use the rear action screw through the rear mount point.

1571291752278.png

Ok, the image is a little rough, I didn't want to wait until I had access to a mill so this was done with a Makita plunge router and cheap bits by hand. Basically the bolt that holds the magwell on the action and another bolt that holds the front of the trigger guard to the chassis are competing for the same space. I didn't want to weaken the chassis too much as i use it for T3s aswell, so I removed material from both the chassis and magwell. I can get more precise measurements later if you need but I think about 4mm is what I removed combined.
the countersink butchered it a bit.
IMG_0337.JPG

So this allowed the magwell and action to fit in the chassis but still no where near enough room for the magwell bolt, leaving the trigger guard off would have solved this and another issue with the mag itself but I wanted a trigger guard. Mucking around with the action showed that the magwell furthest back towards the trigger allowed for the most positive feeding. thinking about this I brought a M6-1 grub screw, sprayed the action and magwell with Hornady one shot spray lube and moulded a steel based putty around the grub screw that was in the action.

IMG_0338.JPG

Thats the hex head you can see.
I can't see this as an issue because it keeps the magwell from moving back of forth, but the magwell is supported up front but plastic lugs and at the rear by being sandwiched between the action and the chassis, the chassis protects the magwell so the only force it is subject to is when you remove or insert the magazines themselves.

The next issue is the trigger guard getting in the way of the magazine as they slant backwards. If you are in the US buy a polymer one from KRG and take maybe 4-5mm off the front of it, I'm not so I sanded the lump off the back of the mag and wedged the KRG mag release open, it works but is not really a permanent solution. Any pressure on the back of the magazine might effect feeding.

IMG_0339.JPG

Wow. Nice work.
Unfortunately I don’t have acces to the equipment needed to make the mod and to be honest I really just don’t want to modify the stock to fit. I did ask about buying separate trigger guard from KRG and they told me they wouldn’t sell it separately. It’s all just disappointing.