• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

My fiance's 10/22 BX Trigger is pretty crappy 2.5 lb, mushy. She wants something similar to the Trigger Tech Diamond / Tikka solid crisp 1.5lb trigger. Any recommended options people have for their 10/22 build?

Or I can hold off and get her a Tikka T1x LH next year... assuming that KRG will make me a chassis for it.

The best trigger for a 10/22 is the Kidd trigger. You can get the single stage down to 1.5 pounds or go with a 2-stage that will go down to 3/3 ounces for a total of a 6 ounce pull. Personally, I like the 8 ounce/8 ounce (totaling 1 pound) 2-stage trigger setup. It's light enough that it'll take a little time getting used to it (an excuse to go shooting). But once you do, you'll be unhappy with something along the lines of BX trigger.

If the don't like the trigger pull weight ordered, you can adjust the Kidd trigger yourself. Or you can ship it back to Kidd and they will adjust it for you for the cost of return shipping (~$5).

The best trigger for a 10/22 is the Kidd trigger. You can get the single stage down to 1.5 pounds or go with a 2-stage that will go down to 3/3 ounces for a total of a 6 ounce pull. Personally, I like the 8 ounce/8 ounce (totaling 1 pound) 2-stage trigger setup. It's light enough that it'll take a little time getting used to it (an excuse to go shooting). But once you do, you'll be unhappy with something along the lines of BX trigger.

If the don't like the trigger pull weight ordered, you can adjust the Kidd trigger yourself. Or you can ship it back to Kidd and they will adjust it for you for the cost of return shipping (~$5).

Thanks. Okay, it looks like KIDD Trigger ~$210ish. Timney trigger - $240ish, but not very good reviews and it's around ~2lbs. Brimstone gunsmithing $90, to work my BX trigger to a pretty crisp 1.5lbs, but still not as crisp as the Tikka T1X.

Kidd single stage is a great trigger.i run both kidd and tikka triggers at 2 1/4 lbs and think they have about the same feel and a crisp break...

FWIW -

I have the Kidd trigger kit (105.00), TK (brimstone) flat faced trigger, BX and stock.

IMHO the Kidd is the best bang for the buck. The TK flat faced trigger is my preference just because of the trigger. It feels as good as the Kidd trigger kit but if you want the best it sounds like the full Kidd 2-stage is the way to go. That will be my next 10/22 trigger

Hell that settles it.

I was all for the RPR and have a CZ 455 but the fact that I have a tikka t3 and stocks makes me want to get one of these bad.

I can drop it in my KKC stock no problem.

Wonder about getting a enlarge bolt knob for it - (i.e. does it replace as easy as the regular t3).

Any word on the chamber type?
If it is the same as the quad what would that be and how well does it work?

My other match rifle is a T3x in a KRG Bravo. The barrel on my T1x is a little lighter but that is it. With my T1x in the same exact chassis it is a great trainer. I’m adding weight to the fount of the T1x to balance everything out and make it the same weight at my T3.

For the chamber I don’t know. I can tell you it has cycled every ammo I have given it and shoots just about everything well. It isn’t very picky. Mine seems to really like Eley Contact. The one I bought for my son to use shoots the SK Pistol Match really well. Both shoot the CCI SV well enough for practice.

Reactions: Frankr
littlepod,

When you decide which Kidd trigger you want, check on eBay for the same configuration. Kidd sells direct on eBay and the last couple of Kidd 2-stage triggers I bought for a little less on eBay. My latest order I saved the cost of shipping. Not a lot, but every little bit helps.

Single stage:

Two stage:

While I have a slight preference for the flat trigger, I bought curved 2-stage trigger last time at a better price of $289:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KIDD-Two-S...for-a-10-22-or-Ruger-10-22-BRCEX/293083172640

Disclosure: If I hadn't liked the curved version, I have a spare flat blade that I could have put into the trigger.

littlepod,

When you decide which Kidd trigger you want, check on eBay for the same configuration. Kidd sells direct on eBay and the last couple of Kidd 2-stage triggers I bought for a little less on eBay. My latest order I saved the cost of shipping. Not a lot, but every little bit helps.

Single stage:

Two stage:

While I have a slight preference for the flat trigger, I bought curved 2-stage trigger last time at a better price of $289:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/KIDD-Two-S...for-a-10-22-or-Ruger-10-22-BRCEX/293083172640

Disclosure: If I hadn't liked the curved version, I have a spare flat blade that I could have put into the trigger.

Thanks everyone for the recommendations. Pretty insane that a trigger costs as much as a rifle! I might just wait for the tikka t1x in lefty for her before plopping down 300$ for a trigger!

Surrounded by v22's at the local matches and they're trying to sell her on getting v22 lefty...

I personally love two stage triggers but she doesn't quite get it. She pulls when she wants to shoot and doesn't want any 1st stage kind of stuff. She shoots my Tikka trigger and the trigger tech diamond they best.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I get where you are coming from as I recently put a $289 Kidd 2-stage trigger in a factory $173 (+ TN tax, background check, and FFL fee) Ruger 10/22 that has an MSRP of $309:

It's the first Ruger built 10/22 I've owned in over 30 years. I bought it as a baseline 10/22 for comparison, to try setting up a 10/22 for NRL22 just to see how it would perform, and... well... I just thought it'd be fun. I can always use it as the basis of another custom build should I grow tired of it. I've been told you can never have too many 10/22s.

Oops! Sorry for the thread drift. I just realized this is in the T1X thread.

I don't 'love' my BX trigger but it's also not terrible. I tinkered w/ it a bit when new. IIRC a bit of synthetic motor oil on the over travel spring in the rubber cover look a some of the mushiness away.

I don't 'love' my BX trigger but it's also not terrible. I tinkered w/ it a bit when new. IIRC a bit of synthetic motor oil on the over travel spring in the rubber cover look a some of the mushiness away.

Kidd was having a 15% off sale, so just picked up the 1.5lb single stage kidd trigger for $199. From looking at the youtube videos it looks like zero creep and a really crisp 1.5 lb break. I'm sure the fiance will love that in her rifle. Maybe I can sell the BX trigger for $55 or something.

The only upgrade left for her would be to get a McMillan A5-22, that'd be pretty nice overall package.

Straight from them... ordered it last night at my 9pm, and it shipped this morning at 7am! $5 usps priority, so I should have it by this weekend's NRL22 match for my fiance!

On separate news... Vudoo only slightly hinted that a 70 degree throw might be around the corners... and if so, I'll be in for 2 of those, lefty and righty...

Ahh, that's my Sig P220 Match. It's all Stainless Steel with Aluminum grips. Very very nice pistol but, in all honesty the CZ 97B is just as good at half the price. Ask me how I know. ;) 97B is the all black upside down pistol.

1127180926.jpg

Just got email back from Benchmark Barrels and it looks like they charge $365 just for their .9" blank, and they also do not do rimfire chambering. Talking to a local gunsmith they quoted me about $400-600 to chamber the profile depending on if they had the reamer there or if they had to rent the reamer.

Right now it looks like the best upgrade is Federssen barrel + Find a local smith that can do the chamber end reaming ~$100-200, which would put you around $400ish. Or the IBI barrel. I emailed IBI to see what reamer they used if it was Lapua, or Eley, etc.

Just got email back from Benchmark Barrels and it looks like they charge $365 just for their .9" blank, and they also do not do rimfire chambering. Talking to a local gunsmith they quoted me about $400-600 to chamber the profile depending on if they had the reamer there or if they had to rent the reamer.

Right now it looks like the best upgrade is Federssen barrel + Find a local smith that can do the chamber end reaming ~$100-200, which would put you around $400ish. Or the IBI barrel. I emailed IBI to see what reamer they used if it was Lapua, or Eley, etc.

Call Randy at CPC. He would do a barrel (Feddersen or green mountain) for a decent price (probably around 150ish if I remember correctly). It’s been a while since I talked to him but he was willing a few months ago to give it a go.

Nice guy to talk to

Call Randy at CPC. He would do a barrel (Feddersen or green mountain) for a decent price (probably around 150ish if I remember correctly). It’s been a while since I talked to him but he was willing a few months ago to give it a go.

Nice guy to talk to

Oh oops, sorry switched context. I meant for the Tikka T1X. I don't think there's any precut Tikka T1X from anyone except IBI.

Got a chance to put some rounds through the International Barrels T1X prefit barrel.
This one is a 22" with the Eley EPS chamber (which is a new chamber for me)
these arent for sale yet in the states but will be soon.
shot some test groups through it (pictured) and it really liked SK rifle match, which is awesome because i have a ton of it.

I heated up the factory barrel and removed it, set the headspace at .042" with feeler gauges and away we went!
the Failure to Eject is becoming a real headache. Was hoping the new barrel might miraculously help that issue but sadly, no change. Bent the paper clip ejector, hoping that will do the trick...again.
View attachment 7102489View attachment 7102490
View attachment 7102492

The more I see this MDT ACC chassis, the more I want one! @3guns2hands are you still shooting your TIkka? I was digging in this thread to find this picture for the last 15min. It also answered my question that it looks like the IBI Barrels are Eley EPS reamed.

Oh oops, sorry switched context. I meant for the Tikka T1X. I don't think there's any precut Tikka T1X from anyone except IBI.

Yeah Randy was willing to convert a 10/22 barrel or barrel blank from GM to fit a tikka T1x. Don’t know if he still will.

Clint Beyer said he would make one if I shipped him a T1x barrel too........ still haven’t bought a tikka ...... just had to buy a RAR in 17hm2 ;) ..... still either one might be worth pursuing

Reactions: littlepod
Frank. I know someone else said they fit a 10/22 barrel in this thread but when I took one to my gunsmith he said it couldn’t be done properly. The tenon on the 10/22 barrel is .05” smaller than the receiver diameter. The only way it can be done properly is to cut the barrel down and completely re chamber it. I’m not sure how the other member did it. Maybe he filled the gap with something. If I was going to rebarrel the rifle though I wanted it done right and to get the maximum accuracy potential out of it. I did notice the other member never reported back about how it shot after the conversion though. I would like to see what kind of accuracy he was getting.

Frank. I know someone else said they fit a 10/22 barrel in this thread but when I took one to my gunsmith he said it couldn’t be done properly. The tenon on the 10/22 barrel is .05” smaller than the receiver diameter. The only way it can be done properly is to cut the barrel down and completely re chamber it. I’m not sure how the other member did it. Maybe he filled the gap with something. If I was going to rebarrel the rifle though I wanted it done right and to get the maximum accuracy potential out of it. I did notice the other member never reported back about how it shot after the conversion though. I would like to see what kind of accuracy he was getting.

Yeah I remember reading your comment about the 10/22 barrel issues and T1x. I wish that guy would post a range report now.

I know Clint was going to make one based on the OEM barrel specs and Randy would have used a GM blank to make it work so both of them wouldn’t be using 10/22 barrels.

Hopefully the IBI shoots well and sells well too.

I bought a Feddersen blank and my gunsmith is fitting that for me. I’m hoping it shoots as well ast the other Feddersen barrels I have shot did. Right now I believe he is waiting on the reamer.

Reactions: Frankr and lou400a
The Feddersen blank was $165 shipped and it should be another $120-150 to have it chambered and fitted. I’m also going to cover the cost of a new reamer which should be right around $100. I’m guessing most people will not need to spend that though. Anyway without the reamer all in I’m looking at right around $300.

I have had great luck in the past with Feddersen barrels. I may have been to able to squeeze a little more accuracy out of a Lilja or Bartlein but between the additional cost and wait time to get it I decided the Feddersen was a better option for me. This rifle is being used for positional PRS style 22 matches so shooting a 0.1 smaller group at 50 yards really will not matter for my purposes. Now if this was a bench rest rifle it might be a different story.

The Feddersen blank was $165 shipped and it should be another $120-150 to have it chambered and fitted. I’m also going to cover the cost of a new reamer which should be right around $100. I’m guessing most people will not need to spend that though. Anyway without the reamer all in I’m looking at right around $300.

I have had great luck in the past with Feddersen barrels. I may have been to able to squeeze a little more accuracy out of a Lilja or Bartlein but between the additional cost and wait time to get it I decided the Feddersen was a better option for me. This rifle is being used for positional PRS style 22 matches so shooting a 0.1 smaller group at 50 yards really will not matter for my purposes. Now if this was a bench rest rifle it might be a different story.

If I bought the reamer I would be keeping it. Never know when you may need to use it again with another gunsmith. At least split the cost and let him keep it. That's just me though. Good luck with this project, looking forward to seeing how it performs. Hopefully lights out, can't never have too many options.

Did IBI ever get their import license finalized?

Yes, mine will be here in two days.

Talked to Ryan today and he said the IBI barrels will not need pounding in. He said they should slip without excessive force. We talked headspace and he said set the headspace to whatever ammo you are going to shoot by headspacing off that ammo.

Last edited:
Dust a FYI, I called Feddersen and they do not sell .17 rimfire barrels. I didn’t see any on their site so I called to make sure.

Looking at IBI website it seems they only offer 22” heavy barre with twisted flutes and you don’t want to cut it because there is a scnoobel bulge at the muzzle.

any word on if they will be offering different lengths and/or profiles?

The IBI website is not much to look at. You can get better/more information by going to their Facebook page.

I’ve emailed Clint Beyer if he has or would make T1x barrels and he may in the future, but not at this time.
Looks like I’m going to send mine to LRI for trimming as I like shorter barrels

I’ve emailed Clint Beyer if he has or would make T1x barrels and he may in the future, but not at this time.

I was going to get a shorter barrel, but then I noticed that with the MDT ACC chassis, I'll want at least a 20" barrel to clear the chassis. Though I guess if you're running 16" + a Suppressor that would work also.

I did just finish watching which makes me think a little bit more now on how long I want to have my barrel.

good to know. Guess I should have had him make one when I had the chance to do it and only needed to send him a barrel.
If I remember right his chamber is set up for CCi Sv

Been looking at this thread and decided to join. I’m looking for a T1X now, any advice as to what to upgrade and not?

grab a 30 MOA rail from DIP, change the bolt knob, opt for a chassis or don’t. Great rifle, you won’t be disappointed

Mine actually shoots really well with Norma Supressed ammo. I run it exclusively with a Sparrow on it. Quieter than a pellet gun

The DIP 25 MOA rail, an after market bolt knob (DIP or Sterk) and a KGR Bravo. You can get away without the chassis but I really love mine. For ammo mine shoot just about everything pretty well but seem to shoot some ammo better. One of mine seems to really like SK Pistol Match ammo the best and the other loves the Eley contact and Edge. You will need to pick up a few different ammos and try them out. I have found for most practice my tikka shoots CCI SV well enough to not waste money on the more expensive ammo though.