• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

Pretty sure the IBI tikka barrels being sold at Brownells have the Calfee chamber.

Thanks, Wrenchforge, I found them. I wish they gave a better description, they don't say anything about a match chamber or type. I wonder if they will get some in without the threaded barrel, not my thang! Will be waiting to hear how KOD's 457 turns out.

Dd you order the IBI 457 barrel from someone in the USA? I've heard ordering barrels from Canada is a major PIA. I thought they were only doing the EPS, 52D chambers. I will be interested in hearing how the Califee 4 chamber works out, hopefully equal or better than the 52D on your T1x.
I bought mine straight from IBI. I wanted to be 100% sure I knew what I was getting. It's not a big deal buying from Canada, just takes a little longer to get here going through customs.

20200308_111721.jpg

..... hmmm fancy.....

Finally got a chance to take the new t1x out the past two days. Getting 2-3 MOA but im sure that's me.

The number of FTE's is insane though, 3-6 per mag. I tried CCI SV and aguila. Any consensus on how to bend the spring? How do I even remove the spring?

15x mag at 100 yards is less than I was expecting, can't wait to try 2-300 yards and see how the hell people manage that.

3-9-2020.jpg

What is the idea behind IBI and Lothar/Walther going with a 22 inch barrel vs. 20, 18 or 16.5? It's been my understanding max velocity is reached in 16". I would assume the shorter barrels would be as accurate. What am I missing? What barrel length do the Bench Rest shooters use?

Finally got a chance to take the new t1x out the past two days. Getting 2-3 MOA but im sure that's me.

The number of FTE's is insane though, 3-6 per mag. I tried CCI SV and aguila. Any consensus on how to bend the spring? How do I even remove the spring?

15x mag at 100 yards is less than I was expecting, can't wait to try 2-300 yards and see how the hell people manage that.

View attachment 7268236
It may benefit you to check out this thread I posted a few days back.

Reactions: DROWN
What is the idea behind IBI and Lothar/Walther going with a 22 inch barrel vs. 20, 18 or 16.5? It's been my understanding max velocity is reached in 16". I would assume the shorter barrels would be as accurate. What am I missing? What barrel length do the Bench Rest shooters use?
I don't believe anyone would have an answer. I'd recommend calling both and asking about it if you really wanted to know the truth.

Is that an IBI or Walther? I would say Walther since it's threaded. How is is shooting?

It is an ibi, I have no clue how it shoots... haven't been able to go to the range(new baby I the house)

And the pic is more to draw attention to a t1x in an xray not a bravo(ie the krg t1x bravo can have parts swapped with a standard t3 tikka to make a 100% functional t1x xray with out having to mess up the mag well on it. which means more than likely you could do the same with a whiskey 3

Last edited:
My first precision 22 build:
Tikka t1x
Area 419 30 moa rail
Krg bravo
Krg arca rail
Anarchy trigger spring
Atlas psr area 419 arca adapter
Vortex pst gen2 3x15
Badger rings
Mountain tactical diamond bolt knob on the way.
I've ran multiple types of ammo threw it and haven't experienced a single ftf or fte.
The group is cci standard velocity 10 round group @ 50 yards (other "flyers" are from someone else)
Needless to say I'm extremely impressed with it!

Attachments

• 20200308_182924.jpg
    20200308_182924.jpg
    692.2 KB · Views: 179
  • 20200308_182906.jpg
    20200308_182906.jpg
    910.5 KB · Views: 205
  • 20200308_133946.jpg
    20200308_133946.jpg
    469.4 KB · Views: 191
Reactions: Sdavis190
Pretty sure the IBI tikka barrels being sold at Brownells have the Calfee chamber.

There's a Facebook post on IBI's page from two weeks ago where they say the Brownells barrels are Win 52D so far. It was a comment under a post they made with a bunch of KissOfDeath's pictures.

Reactions: Wrencoforge
I just back ordered the IBI from Brownells. No info as to when they will be back in stock.

KOD, have you had any of the issues Littlepod had with closing the bolt, and the pressure required to fully seat the bullet?

I did in the beginning but fixed it. Read about it here. https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/t1x-ejector-magwell-and-mag-mod.6990515/

The most difficult round to seat is the CCI SV. It's the bullet design because it is the hardest to seat on any rifle I have that has a match chamber.

KOD, how is your T1x shooting with the ILI barrel? I'm on the fence whether to go with ILI or Lilja if I do a barrel upgrade on the 457. I can't find any info./reviews on the Calfee 4 chamber. All I have seen is 1, 2 and a modified version Padom has. I emailed ILI directly, waiting for a reply.

Last edited:
KOD, how is your T1x shooting with the ILI barrel? I'm on the fence whether to go with ILI or Lilja if I do a barrel upgrade on the 457. I can't find any info./reviews on the Calfee 4 chamber. All I have seen is 1, 2 and a modified version Padom has. I emailed ILI directly, waiting for a reply.
T1x with IBI barrel is shooting great, very happy with it. The Callfee 4 chamber is straight walled at .2265", has a 2° lead and is .600" long.

Has anyone shot any of the nwere Wolf Match Extra through their T1X? In years past, before the Wolf line was taken over, Match Extra was lights out in my 40X and Kimber 82G rifles. I am wanting to buy some again, but would really tile to know how it is shooting now under new management.

I tried some wolf match extra on Sunday. It was ok but lapua center x was shooting more consistently and tighter groups. Granted I was shooting quickly and only shot 50 rounds of the wolf so not the biggest sample size. I am going to try the new eley semi auto match when my range opens up again....

Reactions: DRAGON64
After a little more research, I see that SK Rifle Match is still made by Lapua in Germany, so I just bought another four bricks to run in my rifle. Thank you for the reply.

Not a problem. The SK and wolf shoot similar in my rifle. The lapua center x just shoots even better. My problem is that it's only moving at 1007 fps so the shots at 330 yds for our matches tend to get kicked around by wind a lot

Wolf shot well in my factory barrel but Eley Contact shotbetter and was actually a little cheaper. That’s what I used for most of last season.

There’s a new swept bolt handle on the market for those who are looking. Looks like Anarchy Outdoors has released their version into the wild. I’ve got the Sterk on mine and absolutely love it, but it’s nice to see the selection expanding

Anarchy Outdoors are really cool. I have both Sterk and theirs on my T3X and the anarchy is a burlier design. Feels rock solid

Anarchy Outdoors are really cool. I have both Sterk and theirs on my T3X and the anarchy is a burlier design. Feels rock solid

I've been changing the way I cycle my bolt to handle cycling non swept back / 90 degree throws like the Vudoo. Using the traditional way I'm seeing military guys cycle their bolts. I'm having issues cycling that way with the Sterk swept back as when I roll my hand up it kind of just slips off the thin bolt/ball.

There’s a new swept bolt handle on the market for those who are looking. Looks like Anarchy Outdoors has released their version into the wild. I’ve got the Sterk on mine and absolutely love it, but it’s nice to see the selection expanding
Yeah I have the Sterk swept bolt handle also,took a couple months to get because of back order. Just saw Anarchy outdoors bolt handle couple days ago. It’s a little different design but like you said nice to have options.

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
100yds, Everything about gun was stock, Athlon scope, SK rifle match ammo.
Yes it was cherry picked, But I don’t care, this group just made me happy!
when I have a job again and can afford more ammo I’ll do a 6by5. Till then I’m slowly watching it disappear, box by box.
Not even sure if you can still order any.. one site was saying something like 12 week delay on shipping?!?
70AB4050-0012-4432-B793-9FF4538872E5.png