• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

Palo.....

I have a precisionshooters.com bolt handle.....I love it, definitely gets you longer than the factory one. Another great option if you are interested.

Jard trigger is in. Feels real nice. I ordered the 9-11oz. It came in just under 9oz without any adjustment.

Reactions: Frankr
Anyone shot SK rifle match through their T1x in the OEM stock? Bought some several weeks ago but between school and it being stupid cold, haven't gotten a chance to test it. Just curious.

I have shot a chit load (thousands) of SK rifle match. SK rifle match is the best bang for the buck in my T1X. All of the SK ammo shoots quite well (I haven't tried SK magazine) but SK rifle match VERY consistently shoots .3"-.4" AVG @ 50 yds and sub 1" @ 100 yds. I'm guessing most guys are getting the same. Factory stock , Boyds stock , KRG Bravo , leupold 4-12 , Athlon Midas Tac , Athlon Argos , lead sled or bipod/rear bag.... all produce the same accuracy for me. I am not a "flyer" caller either. For me every shot counts. I could probably get group averages down around 0"- .1" if I called off all the shots that didn't go through the same hole:ROFLMAO:.

Reactions: BikePilot
T1X with tuner accuracy? Accuracy with a silencer? Anyone try the Timney 2 stage trigger? Thanks.
Never tried a tuner. I think mine is actually more consistent with the can. I have the Timney trigger. It is nice, but did not go as low weight as I wanted. PM me if you are looking for one.

Reactions: meestermeetch
Well everything is on the way. I got an XLR element ambidextrous chassis, a lefty t1x in 17HMR, a new bolt knob, scope rail and trigger spring from Anarchy Outdoors and I have two 22lr barrels I’m having cut for the lefty action. One factory lighter weight barrel and one heavy bull barrel. I should have a lefty T1x in 22lr all together by the end of the week. This rifle is for my son so we will be starting with the lightweight barrel for now. Once it looks like he can manage the weight we will swap out the heavier barrel.

Reactions: littlepod
Well everything is on the way. I got an XLR element ambidextrous chassis, a lefty t1x in 17HMR, a new bolt knob, scope rail and trigger spring from Anarchy Outdoors and I have two 22lr barrels I’m having cut for the lefty action. One factory lighter weight barrel and one heavy bull barrel. I should have a lefty T1x in 22lr all together by the end of the week. This rifle is for my son so we will be starting with the lightweight barrel for now. Once it looks like he can manage the weight we will swap out the heavier barrel.
I’ll be interested in knowing how you like the XLR element chassis , I’m contemplating one myself.

I just finished the Cerakote on it a few minutes ago. I just need to machine the Arca rail and bag rider so I can mount them and it will be ready for the action which should be here Wednesday.
6F773CA8-15A8-4D2A-B5D3-0C5A20334AA8.jpeg

I know the older generation T3 Element chassis needed to be milled for the allen bolt that holds the mag well. Not sure about the gen3 though

and either the mag release needs to be removed from the trigger guard or replaced. They make a T1x trigger guard.

I pulled the mag release off mine and that was it. I don’t really see that as much of a modification since all it took was a punch, mallet and 30 seconds. The area for the bolt holding on the mag well is already milled out on the one I have. I figured I would need to mill it but it dropped right in.

I just finished the Cerakote on it a few minutes ago. I just need to machine the Arca rail and bag rider so I can mount them and it will be ready for the action which should be here Wednesday. View attachment 7557811
I just got a XLR since it's ambidextrous and am looking to get maybe a b14r lefty. Might be the same availability as waiting for this Tikka to be in stock...

I just got a XLR since it's ambidextrous and am looking to get maybe a b14r lefty. Might be the same availability as waiting for this Tikka to be in stock...
Pm'd eurooptic (@jb1000br) about the lefty t1x and Tikka shot stuff.
"Most things are not coming till Spring...at least...and that was the word on the rimfires - nothing that I recall as far as a SHOT time launch...all current items should be shown on our site. Lefty T1x will be the bomb for you lefties ;) We have tons on order, let me know if you want to preorder one.

Thanks!"

Considering selling both of my Savage mark 2's. A mark 2 gl and a mark 2 btvlss threaded by LRI.

I just got tired of waiting. I have a spare tikka 22lr barrel that shoots great so I figured there was no point in waiting any longer since it seems like they really have no clue when they will arrive.

I found this helpful: https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12106175&postcount=20

Bore Tech Rimfire Blend & Wipe Out work real well.

Reactions: BikePilot
I want to get a muzzle brake for the T1X mostly for looks but if it shot a bit better that would be a bonus. I would prefer a device that has a fairly seamless fit at the barrel and necks up at a slight angle to a larger OD. I have searched but there are a ton of options and without seeing them on a T1X the biggest part of the puzzle is missing. How about some T1X pics with muzzle brakes. Thanks.

I want to get a muzzle brake for the T1X mostly for looks but if it shot a bit better that would be a bonus. I would prefer a device that has a fairly seamless fit at the barrel and necks up at a slight angle to a larger OD. I have searched but there are a ton of options and without seeing them on a T1X the biggest part of the puzzle is missing. How about some T1X pics with muzzle brakes. Thanks.
I have come to the conclusion that 22 brakes are not worth the looks. This is after years of using a few on various rifles and pistols. They are a tedious cleaning process and if not cleaned the carbon and other deposits eventually intrude close to the bullet path. Keep in mind the extra weight on the barrel does affect barrel harmonics. This may help or hinder or do nothing for your accuracy.

The only real use I have seen for them is for triggering a shot timer as the brakes do direct blast noise to the sides. Steel challenge speed matches come to mind for this.

The new Tikka got to my FFL today who is the same gunsmith doing the modification to the barrel. hopefully I’ll have everything together and ready to go to the range Sunday.

Reactions: Frankr
Anyone used a PDC Custom chassis on their T1x yet? Debating between that and the KRG as my next upgrade.
I have one, have not had a chance to take it out to the range, yet. feels/looks good, good selection of colors, minor complaint I have was took a bit longer to get it shipped than expected.
If you are a veteran he does have a nice discount.

Ill try to get a picture posted later today.

Hi

Does anyone know what is the bolt torque of the barrel and stock bolts to receiver for Tikka T1x MTR?

Regards

Last edited:
I found this helpful: https://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12106175&postcount=20

Bore Tech Rimfire Blend & Wipe Out work real well.

Thanks, I’ve been eying the Boretech rimfire blend.

what is the choice for a bore guide?

Thought I'd add my contribution to this thread .
My T1x journey started in Jan 2019 , and it has been hardly used up until recently .
I purchased it purely as a hunting rifle and during the last 2 years my rifle shooting has taken second place to clay target Shotgun shooting .
Here is a pic of it when it was brand new in Jan 2019 , its wearing a Swaroski 3-9x36 scope in Sportsmatch rings .
0SoN3Wj.jpg

I probably only put two boxes of ammo through it in nearly two years , but in December last year I dug it out of the safe and started using it again .
Here are the first changes I started to make to it .
efZh3fC.jpg

nIfp9Ly.jpg

Reactions: Near miss
Right now is has the factory barrel from other Tikka. Once he gets a little stronger and can manage the extra weight we will probably get a LW barrel for it. The one we put on my other sons CZ 457 shoots amazing.

I installed a 20MOA base instead of the Talley mounts because I'm going to be trying to extend my distances and although the Talleys are fantastic hunting rings that mount the scope very low they just aren't designed for what I'm trying to achieve now and besides they are 25mm and I need 30mm rings
8UT6bXh.jpg

Then mounted up the Diamondback in some Burris Signature rings . I have the option of gaining another 10MOA with different inserts , but for now they are just the standard inserts .
UgNQt0Y.jpg

gblRI0V.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 300rem7
Anyone know of an after marker base pad for the Tx1 that would increase magazine capacity to more then 10? Say Like 12? It certainly would be useful in 22 matches.

I just bought the T3 chassis and the T1x dropped right in.
I would like to hear if this works without any issues. I have 2 XLR Elements, one for a T1x and a magnesium T3x. I could have sworn they told me there was a real difference but I just went to the basement, swapped them and can't figure out what could possible be different. I see your note about removing the magazine release to add a smidgen of clearance, and I could see that being a benefit, but the T1x Element actually has a magazine that appears to be identical to the T3x.

@XLR Industries - any additional details you can offer?

I would like to hear if this works without any issues. I have 2 XLR Elements, one for a T1x and a magnesium T3x. I could have sworn they told me there was a real difference but I just went to the basement, swapped them and can't figure out what could possible be different. I see your note about removing the magazine release to add a smidgen of clearance, and I could see that being a benefit, but the T1x Element actually has a magazine that appears to be identical to the T3x.

Just went to the range today and the rifle shot great. I did need to put a 22lr extractor in the bolt. I function tested the rifle before I took it to the range and the 17 hmr extractor will not work with 22lr. The extractors are slightly different. As far as the chassis went though everything performed flawlessly.

Just went to the range today and the rifle shot great. I did need to put a 22lr extractor in the bolt. I function tested the rifle before I took it to the range and the 17 hmr extractor will not work with 22lr. The extractors are slightly different. As far as the chassis went though everything performed flawlessly.
I'll have to keep that in mind for the next chassis - just order a T3x and remove the mag release lever for optimal T1x performance.

In case anyone is looking for a single shot adapter for their T1X, PWNolan at the Rimfire Central website is selling some:

I purchased a black one, and it fits perfectly, and functions quite nicely!

Image courtesy of PWNolan @ RimfireCentral

T7MYdV9h.jpg

Reactions: BoWingo

They are indeed "now" the same chassis, just a different trigger guard is used. when the T1 X was released there were two issues with it dropping right into a T3 short action chassis.
1. The magazine catch system on the bottom of the action.
a. this was solved by milling a relief in the wall separating the magwell and trigger grouping area.
2. How the magazine latches onto the bottom of the action, required just enough angle that a standard T3 trigger guard with magazine latch interfered.
a. Removing the magazine latch defiantly helps with the clearance but it is still not perfect especially if a magazine change on the clock is happening. so we designed a T1 specific trigger guard. no latch and more of swept back face.
So they are 100% interchangeable and we can sell the trigger guards for $25. So if you buy a T3 short action chassis and want to put a T1 in it get the trigger guard and the same chassis can be used for both. the T3 LONG ACTION magwell will not work with the T1, to narrow.
Older T3 chassis probably pre- 2020 will need to have a relief cut into the chassis for the magazine catch system on the T1 but we can do that no problem if it needs to be sent to us.

Anyone removed the piece in the factory stock that supports the barrel in front of the chamber and noticed a difference? I am also interested in adding weight inside the factory stock with lead shot and epoxy. Anyone tried that with success?

I did not notice a difference in accuracy with the piece removed but I did notice a change in POI. The piece in mine has a bump at the front of the piece that aligns with a rib in the stock thus putting upward pressure on the barrel. I did not like the gap with the piece removed so I sanded the rib under the bump and put the piece back in the stock. My barrel is free float and I don't have a gap either. My T1X does not like the action screws tighter than 30 in/lbs. I set mine to 25 in/lbs and accuracy/consistency is quite good. I have heard of guy adding weight with good success. I thought about adding weight as well but I had had mine in a KRG Bravo with an Athlon Midas Tac and it was a noticeably heavier set up but didn't change accuracy so no real advantage to adding weight ,for me, that I could see.