• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

Is that something that can be fixed under warranty?
Yes. The can is brand new. It is going back to be fixed. Their response...

"Totally covered under warranty. They will hand adjust in the machine room and QC the alignment to ensure it’s dead center. Should be a quick turn. Send it our way and we got ya covered."

If the can is not centered with the bore, how are they going to machine it to make it centered. I think that can is screwed. Replacement would be called for, let them sell the correction to the next guy.

Thanks for the info !
I SWAG’ed around 1” height on the rings, but the extra 10 MOA on the rail made me second guess myself.

I'm running a similar sized 50mm optic on a one-piece where the rings are 1.18" high, it's about perfect, could even be a hair lower so you should be fine with 1".

Interesting, I may need to reconsider getting a can. Why do you think that is?
Not sure, must be in the harmonics someway. It's not always like that, in my steel barrel B-14R accuracy decreased but in my carbon fiber barrel B-14R seems to not affect accuracy one way or another.

If the can is not centered with the bore, how are they going to machine it to make it centered. I think that can is screwed. Replacement would be called for, let them sell the correction to the next guy.
By replacing the mount? Pretty simply.

This may be old news for some folks... But, for those that don't want to jump into a chassis out of the gate yet would still like a rail option up front for QD bipod stuff here's what I just did. It's the B&T Industries BT15 rail. Technically speaking I guess I had to run it backwards to fit but you'll just need a couple 5mm bolts, a washer and a nut. (pretty sure they were 5mm x 30mm bolts, local hardware just gave them to me since I'm in there all the time) Here's how it came out... I should note that the B&T rail is ever so slightly larger than the Magpul M-lok rail sections on my other rifles so I did have to mess with the tension on the QD adapter to get a decent fit across all but it does work (B&T is definitely the tightest).

https%3A//i.imgur.com/HBNcAMD.jpg[/img]']
https%3A//i.imgur.com/OKuIkt7.jpg[/img]']
https%3A//i.imgur.com/sZoxOzU.jpg[/img]']

Texas Silencer received the can today, replaced the internals, and it is shipping back out today. I’ll have it back Thursday. Really good customer service once contact was made.

Just finished getting my T1X all setup last night. Quick question for your T1X owners. Did you notice an increase in accuracy over a certain round count? Essentially just curious how many rounds I should plan to put through the rifle before moving onto match ammo. I have some Federal Automatch I planned on using for break in then when it made sense switching to SK Rifle Match.

Thanks.

Just finished getting my T1X all setup last night. Quick question for your T1X owners. Did you notice an increase in accuracy over a certain round count? Essentially just curious how many rounds I should plan to put through the rifle before moving onto match ammo. I have some Federal Automatch I planned on using for break in then when it made sense switching to SK Rifle Match.

Thanks.
About 50 rounds of assorted downrange the barrel seasoned ? and groups tightened up,Fed is ok in my T1 1.25 @ 50 yards. RWS. Target Rifle is .330-.365 5 5 shot groups in a row. SK Rifle Match .78-.90 Aquila Rifle Competition is a close second to RWS Mini Mags .850-.900 at 50 yards RWS at 100 yards .780-.950 so far 2 3/4 x 3 1/4 at 200 yards is my best 3-18 Primary Arms SL6. I just mounted an Arken EP 6-24 today zeroed indoors it might be sat before I can get out to the range for distance if it warms up a bit 40ish I hope

They replaced the core.

Once I got ahold of them Texas Silencer customer service was excellent. They replaced in the core of the suppressor and had it back on the way to me the same day. Turn around was one week from shipping out to receiving the repaired can.

ododtom.jpg

UDeOcIO.jpg

I just got a T1X for my son’s birthday present. We put it in a chassis today and I noticed that there is something that looks like epoxy or glue on the bolt. I assume I should clean this off before firing right? Any idea what it is or why it’s there? This is new out of the box, never fired or cleaned. Just mounted it in an mdt chassis today.

Attachments

• 863ADC4F-513D-46A8-8B46-942A802E8AC8.jpeg
    863ADC4F-513D-46A8-8B46-942A802E8AC8.jpeg
    264.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 5A3B9229-A4E2-439C-978E-D744BE922FA2.jpeg
    5A3B9229-A4E2-439C-978E-D744BE922FA2.jpeg
    187.6 KB · Views: 89
If your considering rebarreling your T1X I'd recommend u watch this video first. I had a smith rebarrel mine and it's not easy

Great info as an experienced shooter, and by my pants gunsmith I would not change barrels of a Tikka tx1, I understand what you wen through and How Tikka compensates by glue, I am now leaning to a CZ 457 or a Tikka and just run its barrel . Again great Video .

Spent a little bit of time with the new T1X this afternoon.
You have to start somewhere:

7CD0D9E0-6868-44C5-B3C7-FFEB61D0DB6B.jpeg

I got a new swept bolt handle, so I cranked up the lathe and the mill and made an aluminum bolt knob
1351BE32-790D-4647-A76A-6957948476D8.jpeg

Installed the Area419 40 MOA Rail, Vortex 1” height rings and an Athlon Argos scope, backed out the trigger weight adjustment, then dropped the barreled action into the old CTR stock.
2D694F54-0AC0-4229-8407-CFC2C9802EB3.jpeg

Now I need some extra magazines, an ARCA rail and I’m solidly in the NRL22 Base Class.

T1X UPR rifles are all ready in shop´s in Finland.
Price is about 1090,00€, as in $ it is about 1250,00.
But i bet that the street price is about 990,00$ when these are in the US.
Weight 2,53kg,(5,5lbs)
I would like it in 17HMR, for hunting use.

Reactions: BikePilot

I'm guessing a replacement can would be another Form 4, so their solution to replace the part seems pretty good.

Anyone have experience/comment on the DIP flat floor plates for the mags?

Beretta has several discount codes listed right now, I used a $ 20 off a $ 100 order and got 3 .22 magazines and a tee shirt for $ 93.00 w/ free shipping.
I did some measuring, and it looks like a KRG ARCA Rail can be adapted to the beavertail fore end I have on the CTR stock I swapped onto the T1X.
I might be ready for NRL22 Base Class sooner than I thought.

ARCA rails are not legal in base class unless the rifle was originally outfitted with one from the factory

Hello new to the forum.... I have a T1X in 17HMR( love it) and want to make it have a the same stock as its big brother T3X in 6.5CM. T3X stock ... I've heard they are swappable but looking at them they have a different shape for the bottom metal(not metal on T1X :( )... any one have some info?

ARCA rails are not legal in base class unless the rifle was originally outfitted with one from the factory
I just checked the NRL22 Website, in the 2020 rules that are posted for Base Class: "Rails of any type utilized to mount a bipod may be added."
Is there a rules revision that will take place in 2021 ?

Here is my new 22LR trainer rifle

View attachment 7457647

Tikka T1x in a CTR stock with pistol and forend grips + CTR bottom metal
how did you pull this off.... I have a T1X that I want to put in aT3X stock so that they are the same in feel... the bottom metal profile looks different? my T3X is in a Supper Varmint stock with adjustable cheek rest ... and I want T1X to live in an identical stock.

Does anyone have a photo of a 20" T1x in a MDT ACC ? Trying to figure out how much if any the barrel clears the end of the stock

Does anyone have a photo of a 20" T1x in a MDT ACC ? Trying to figure out how much if any the barrel clears the end of the stock
I don't, but I put an 18" barrel in my ACC and it is short by less than an inch so a 20" would make it past the end but not by much.

I don't, but I put an 18" barrel in my ACC and it is short by less than an inch so a 20" would make it past the end but not by much.
Wow. Is an ACC chassis really that long? They don't look like it in the photos on MDT's site.

I'll post here as it looks like this thread gets the most activity. I lost the pin that holds the bolt release on my T1x. I gave up sweeping the dirt with a magnet, probably the pin is non ferrous.. I found the small spring with the magnet.

I'm going to make a pin out of something, just need to know what length is the original pin. Please someone measure yours and let me know. I agreed on a competition with a friend with his CZ this weekend and I need to get this fixed by the weekend.

Here is a pic where I tried a small nail, but it is too small and it falls into the stock. I can probably cut a small drill bit end to make a pin out of it.

Thanks a lot!
T1x.jpgT1x Bolt Release.jpg

Last edited:
I know this is a long shot but is there a go to Smith for t1x , I am left handed and have pretty much given up hope of finding a left hand t1x in 22LR but I have found a left hand 17 hmr and was wandering if there was someone out there that could rebarrel it to 22lr

Wow. Is an ACC chassis really that long? They don't look like it in the photos on MDT's site.
I have an MDT XRS chassis on it's way. The ACC works well with a 26" barrel for my PRS gun. Yes the ACC is long, longer than you'd think. It helps having a bipod way out front sometimes.

Reactions: BoWingo
I know this is a long shot but is there a go to Smith for t1x , I am left handed and have pretty much given up hope of finding a left hand t1x in 22LR but I have found a left hand 17 hmr and was wandering if there was someone out there that could rebarrel it to 22lr
Europtic has the t1x lefty 22lr showing on backorder for both the 16" and 20". The lefty versions being in the wild are new. They still have to make them. I would say to be patient.

Europtic has the t1x lefty 22lr showing on backorder for both the 16" and 20". The lefty versions being in the wild are new. They still have to make them. I would say to be patient.

Unfortunately the left hand .22 T1X has been on 'backorder' for a year now. Beretta USA has yet to import any into the USA, though they have been available for purchase in Europe for more than a year. Beretta sort of claims this is because of the virus. Very much doubt we will ever see them in the US.