• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

Sk match out of my stock T1x at 100 yards yesterday. Not uncommon to be sub moa. I have never cleaned the barrel in 4 years owning it. Probably 2k rounds through it. I sometimes get bad groups but always have. Just figure it’s me and the inconsistencies of 22lr. Should I clean it.

Attachments

• IMG_3292.jpeg
    IMG_3292.jpeg
    442.8 KB · Views: 74
Anybody have a solution to weak ejection out of the T1x with the new fixed blade ejector? Mine is bad enough that it is causing reliability issues from not being able to kick the case out of the chamber.

You might try loosening the mag well and pushing it forward toward the muzzle , take all the slack out of the bolt holes , tighten the bolts , see if that helps

You have to open it with authority. Even then it still gets stuck sometimes. Feeding and extraction would ruin the platform if it were not for exceptional accuracy.

My one has problems with loading the last round out of the mag .
I jam’s just as the case is entering the breech , the projectile is already in the breech , but it comes to a grinding halt .
I either have to force it or try a few backwards and forwards manoeuvres.
Always the last round , and it does it with both of the magazines I have .

Reactions: Shutrmgavin
Anybody have a solution to weak ejection out of the T1x with the new fixed blade ejector? Mine is bad enough that it is causing reliability issues from not being able to kick the case out of the chamber.
I stripped the bolt and polished the ejectors with fine grit sand paper to a mirror finish. Helped mine out

Don't care if it's steel or stainless, Cerakote it if you really need it to look silver and have more corrosion protection. Hopefully it's got the same modularity as Tikka's T3's so there can be replacement/upgrade/aftermarket bits.

Please Please Please Sako/Tikka make a LEFT HANDED version too! As long as the action is left handed the barrel spec and other stuff doesn't even matter.
They do have it in left handed version! I'm late to the dance with this response but I just received my T1x on Wed. I also have a CZ MTR that is a nail driver.

Just curious... are you using the OEM bolt knob or aftermarket bent? I had weak ejection when using the bent Sterk bolt handles. Switched to Luke's big knob on the OEM handle & ejection improved to 99% reliable, I had one empty case that didn't kick out at the last match, and that easily could have been poor technique shooting off an unstable prop. Some of the NRL22X positions make it difficult to run the bolt.

Just curious... are you using the OEM bolt knob or aftermarket bent? I had weak ejection when using the bent Sterk bolt handles. Switched to Luke's big knob on the OEM handle & ejection improved to 99% reliable, I had one empty case that didn't kick out at the last match, and that easily could have been poor technique shooting off an unstable prop. Some of the NRL22X positions make it difficult to run the bolt.
OEM. My gun is completely stock.

Getting ES’s of over 250 fps in my new 17hmr. Garmin xero is not the issue. Split necks as well. Incorrectly assembled rifle? CCI A-17 and TNT ammo.

Getting ES’s of over 250 fps in my new 17hmr. Garmin xero is not the issue. Split necks as well. Incorrectly assembled rifle? CCI A-17 and TNT ammo.
Unless the shoulder is obviously deformed I doubt it is the chamber. There are reports of these issues since the 17 HMR was released. If you look around you'll even find pics of un-fired rounds with the necks already showing a crack.

Wow, wish I knew that before I bought it. I knew there weren’t really match equivalents and I have shot turkey heads and necks with my other rifle at 150 yards before so figured it wasn’t that bad lol.

Wow, wish I knew that before I bought it. I knew there weren’t really match equivalents and I have shot turkey heads and necks with my other rifle at 150 yards before so figured it wasn’t that bad lol.
Mine will still shoot sub MOA at 100 and has done plenty good to 150. Before I put a chronograph on it I would never have believed it was so variable.

Wondering how far and what accuracy folks are getting with the factory 16.5 twist .22LR barrel at distance (200-300yds) ?
Does it fall apart at a certain distance or hold its own?

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
Wondering how far and what accuracy folks are getting with the factory 16.5 twist .22LR barrel at distance (200-300yds) ?
Mine spread SK 6”-7” vertically at 200. CCISV was more like 8”+. At 300 the vertical was more like 15”. 10 shot groups. A couple cases of CCISV and a couple cases of SK through it. Others say their’s are great, but I don’t see a lot of 10 shot groups at 200+, funny thing that…. My IBI 12T barrel cut vertical about 40%.

Reactions: obx22
Last outing on paper was 4.25" @ 200 and 6.5" @ 300 with Norma Match, was only the second time I have used it. Prefer SK, but was all I could get.
I have not adjusted the tuner at 100 for it yet.

Just one crappy one, couldn't see what I was doing, so several pics of blank paper.

Will see if I still have the target.

ETA:
This is also a 16" barrel with Cortina v1 Tuner in the factory stock with the shoe horn removed.

Attachments

• t1x-200-normamatch.png
    t1x-200-normamatch.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Just one crappy one, couldn't see what I was doing, so several pics of blank paper.

Will see if I still have the target.
That vertical is what mine looked like too, although 10 is a minimum to get a sound idea of what to expect. At 200+ I usually do 20 shot groups so I can predict a hit percentage on target size I expect to see at a match.

I had multiple groups, was just sun blind taking the pics. If I have more time I'd like to do a whole box at each distance. The vertical was pretty consistent, but it is always that one shot that blows your ES that will wreck that.

I just got my T1x 17HMR put together. Everything is assembled to manufacturers' specifications. Hoping to get a basic sight in, barrel break in, and some chronograph data on a few varieties of ammunition tomorrow.
Not sure I like the height of the scope rings. Might go down to a medium height but we shall see about that.
image1 (3).jpeg
image2 (1).jpeg
image0 (3).jpeg
image1 (2).jpeg

What aftermarket bolt handles and knobs are recommended for the t1x? I know of Anarchy Outdoor’s and the Sterk. I have to break position and move my support hand to grab the stock each time I work the bolt due to the resistance, and I wonder if a swept handle with a heavier knob would help that. I am, however, newer to the .22 scene and am learning as I go.

I have a DIP on mine and like it.
The Sterk seems to be the gold standard.

What aftermarket bolt handles and knobs are recommended for the t1x? I know of Anarchy Outdoor’s and the Sterk. I have to break position and move my support hand to grab the stock each time I work the bolt due to the resistance, and I wonder if a swept handle with a heavier knob would help that. I am, however, newer to the .22 scene and am learning as I go.
Try the technique of pressing down with thumb when you break bolt open with the top of your index finger. After you draw straight back, then try to close bolt with linear thumb press on back of bolt shourd. Lstly, arm/close bolt with thumb again pressing down on stock, using index only. See if this helps. (y)

Reactions: R.0.n.i.n
Try the technique of pressing down with thumb when you break bolt open with the top of your index finger. After you draw straight back, then try to close bolt with linear thumb press on back of bolt shourd. Lstly, arm/close bolt with thumb again pressing down on stock, using index only. See if this helps. (y)
I will try that tonight! Thank you.

I purchased a secondhand GRS Stock yesterday from a local Gunshop . I made them an offer which was very low expecting them to make a counter offer .
The guy just said , " It's Christmas , so I guess you now own a GRS Stock " .
To be honest I really don't like the aesthetics of these Stocks , but when I picked it up in the store the ergonomics just felt right .
The plan was to try it on my T3 which is away getting rebarrelled , but it occurred to me when I got home that the T1x would fit the Stock .
So today I put it together and we will see over the holiday period if I like the Stock and also how it goes on the T1x .

4S6CPzz.jpg

37Dql1W.jpg

I purchased a secondhand GRS Stock yesterday from a local Gunshop . I made them an offer which was very low expecting them to make a counter offer .
The guy just said , " It's Christmas , so I guess you now own a GRS Stock " .
To be honest I really don't like the aesthetics of these Stocks , but when I picked it up in the store the ergonomics just felt right .
The plan was to try it on my T3 which is away getting rebarrelled , but it occurred to me when I got home that the T1x would fit the Stock .
So today I put it together and we will see over the holiday period if I like the Stock and also how it goes on the T1x .

4S6CPzz.jpg

37Dql1W.jpg
They look and feel goofy until you mount and shoot it. Super comfy prone also. The only downside is shooting support side during a NRL22 match. I was looking for one myself, when I couldn't find one and got a Bell & Carlson M40 stock.

Mike

Last edited:
I am assuming that you oil the bolt. Also, try putting some grease on the slides at the back of the action that the bolt runs on. I tried the Anarchy bolt handle and took it off again. It was a bit longer and so the extra leverage made it slower to use. I went back to the factory bolt handle with a rubber ball on the end.
Apply grease here;
IIhZvpGl.jpg

Fep29eel.jpg

Like a derlin (or whatever) ball for winter like TRG... (y)
Any pics or details on this mod?
Look 4 posts up at Harronek's rifle (Post 5581). Just like that. It is just a slip-on rubber ball. You can get them from Tikka or get the 2 pack Tourbon ones on Amazon. Once you get it on there it stays put. I've had no slippage in dozens of matches.
CBigLb8m.jpg

Last edited:
Look 4 posts up at Harronek's rifle (Post 5581). Just like that. It is just a slip-on rubber ball. You can get them from Tikka or get the 2 pack Tourbon ones on Amazon. Once you get it on there it stays put. I've had no slippage in dozens of matches.
CBigLb8m.jpg
That’s what I use as well

Reactions: Pipefitter I’m
Looking at getting a Tx1 with the 16" barrel for a lightweight youth build. Currently, what's the lightest chassis option with a LOP as short as 10 ish inches?

Looking at getting a Tx1 with the 16" barrel for a lightweight youth build. Currently, what's the lightest chassis option with a LOP as short as 10 ish inches?
You maybe better off with a trad wood stock and saw off the back end to correct length. This is also possibly better for trigger pull witha a sloping grip that can be choked up on. Keep in mind the tikka trigger doesn't adjust fore/aft, so you'll be stuck with whatever grip-trigger distance is standard on your chassis (probably won't fit diminutive bone structures).

The MDT LSS GEN 2 Chassis with a carbine buffer tube and a magpul CTR buttstock would get you close to a 10 in lop. The chassis by itself is 1.5 lbs, buttstock 9 oz and buffer tube around 4 or 5 ounces.

Thanks for all the information in this thread. Great stuff! I went ahead and picked up a 20” MTR. Added a Tikka vertical grip, butt pad and spacers from a CTR, Mathew’s cheek riser, Mtn Tactical trigger spring set to 1.5 lbs to match my T3x 6.5 CM, MDT 20 MOA rail. Burris XTR3.
Then I added about a pound of lead and epoxy in the butt stock and fore end. Finally, I decided to try my hand at a spray paint camo. I love this thing so far. Only shot it at the 25 yard indoor range so far. Too cold for me the last couple of weeks.
IMG_4409.jpeg
IMG_4410.png

Reactions: Sc0-
Thanks for all the information in this thread. Great stuff! I went ahead and picked up a 20” MTR. Added a Tikka vertical grip, butt pad and spacers from a CTR, Mathew’s cheek riser, Mtn Tactical trigger spring set to 1.5 lbs to match my T3x 6.5 CM, MDT 20 MOA rail. Burris XTR3.
Then I added about a pound of lead and epoxy in the butt stock and fore end. Finally, I decided to try my hand at a spray paint camo. I love this thing so far. Only shot it at the 25 yard indoor range so far. Too cold for me the last couple of weeks.
View attachment 8326758View attachment 8326759
If you’re shooting inside 50 give CCI SV a try. Both my T1X and B14R shoot it very well.

View attachment 8326758View attachment 8326759
Nice looking rifle. I like the paint job.

Reactions: Tanger
You are a exceptionally gifted and very lucky to have such a fine rifle. A brief review of 6x5 results over the last few years suggests that you are in the top few percentile of the finest shooters shooting the finest of equipment fed the very best of ammo on this forum. Welcome to the forum. I shall follow along on your future posts.

You are a exceptionally gifted and very lucky to have such a fine rifle. A brief review of 6x5 results over the last few years suggests that you are in the top few percentile of the finest shooters shooting the finest of equipment fed the very best of ammo on this forum. Welcome to the forum. I shall follow along on your future posts.
I'm quite aware. I have 9 .22s. 3 will group sub moa at 100. Shooting experience +50 years .