• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

Shot the September NRL22 match today, and finished 2nd I think. Scores are still being calculated. Fun match. I had 2 FTE, and after the stage, the RO said I wasn't pulling back the bolt hard enough, and it's not the spring that was the issue, but "me" as the ejector. So afterwards I made sure to use a bit more force when pulling the bolt back and those casings ejected pretty far... I guess slightly different than say my .223 and .308 bolt where I can pull the bolt back w/o much force and it ejects the brass much further, but in the rimfire, I need to use a bit more oomph on my extraction.

Things to note after this month's COF.

- Weak side - major improvement, yay.
- 50 yd.. missed most of my shots at 50 yds for no idea what reason. Maybe shot a little high as I was holding over .2/.3 and now that I checked my dope it should be .1 but that really shouldn't be a miss that size of target...
- Need to practice prone, no bipod. I had a sling I never used before, and I was probably better off not using it, than using it... I was wobbly all over and it was a scoring ring stage, where I only hit in the scoring ring 4 out of 6 shots...

Overall real fun match. Managed to do everything in the time limit which is great.
We shot ours today too. It was a good COF. I came in 5th with 4 voodoos ahead of me ?

We shot ours today too. It was a good COF. I came in 5th with 4 voodoos ahead of me ?

Aww. We didn't have any vudoos today as the guy with the vudoo broke his wrist so he participated with a 10/22 superkidd. He still won first...

I don't think the vudoos have any real mechanical advantage over the Tikka, strictly speaking about barreled action. Now if you throw a Vudoo into a MPA Competition Chassis, with the RAT barricade system, and arca bipods, and $150 gamechanger/tactical udder bags, then that will definitely help out. But you can put a Tikka T1X in all of that if you wanted to drop down that amount of money.

Accuracy wise I didn't miss any of the 1/4" shots at 25, never missed any shots at 100 either. 2.5" plates are not hard to hit at 100... when the Tikka with decent ammo generally gets 1 - 1.25", translating to .5" at 50, and .2" at 25.

Aww. We didn't have any vudoos today as the guy with the vudoo broke his wrist so he participated with a 10/22 superkidd. He still won first...

I don't think the vudoos have any real mechanical advantage over the Tikka, strictly speaking about barreled action. Now if you throw a Vudoo into a MPA Competition Chassis, with the RAT barricade system, and arca bipods, and $150 gamechanger/tactical udder bags, then that will definitely help out. But you can put a Tikka T1X in all of that if you wanted to drop down that amount of money.

Accuracy wise I didn't miss any of the 1/4" shots at 25, never missed any shots at 100 either. 2.5" plates are not hard to hit at 100... when the Tikka with decent ammo generally gets 1 - 1.25", translating to .5" at 50, and .2" at 25.
I definitely don't feel handicapped. I just like beating the voodoos!

Reactions: Boltyboi
First precision match today - and with the T1x ... Definitely liking 22 PRS matches! Many thanks to Eoddave27 for the help and lending of bags!

20190914_185148.jpg

First precision match today - and with the T1x ... Definitely liking 22 PRS matches! Many thanks to Eoddave27 for the help and lending of bags!

View attachment 7147564

Great meeting you guys at the match. It is nice to have someone a little closer to my sons age to shoot against. I haven’t seen the scores for the match yesterday but I think my Tikka served me pretty well. I would venture to guess that any of the shots I missed were no fault of my rifles. I really hope to see you guys at more matches and maybe next time your wife can come along as well.

Last edited:
Tried out CCI Green Tag today. It actually shot pretty well. The bullets are very different from CCI SV. They're very uniform. I don't think they're just the CCI SV that passed some sort of quality check... I will take pictures later (not at home)

POI was .3 mil lower than CCI SV, but I didn't test out my 25 yard zero so I wasn't sure if the DOPE is the same, but the POI had a .3mil shift lower. CCI SV was shooting about 1.5" groups, and CCI Green Tag, pulled out like 1.1-1.2" groups but I need to spend time on a 6x5 this week and really try it out. For $7.50/50, Eley Target would be a better value I think.

I am guessing that between even lots of ammos, POI shift is to be expected? My new lot of Eley Target shoots .1 mil lower than my old lot. DOPE is the same though.

My KRG Bravo arrived! This thing is legit. Feels so much better than the factory stock. Have it all adjusted to my liking and plan to test her out tomorrow!

Attachments

• 4D3A834F-C584-4BDC-ACD5-93F9B63CB1E8.jpeg
    4D3A834F-C584-4BDC-ACD5-93F9B63CB1E8.jpeg
    792.2 KB · Views: 218
  • FE9D9CBF-4F81-49B3-A1B5-3C094799FDE4.jpeg
    FE9D9CBF-4F81-49B3-A1B5-3C094799FDE4.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 232
This a DIY mag holder for my T1X. Just some scrap leather, Velcro, and some rivets. I mounted it in this position because it's close to the mag well and in correct orientation. I haven't tried it yet to see if there is enough friction to hold the mag in that position.

If I need, I can mount in the upright position.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
Must be diy week. For 3 bucks i made 2 data card holders. Some small clamps i had and some velcro. Instantly i have the supreme ghetto data card for my tikka.

Attachments

• 20190918_173802.jpg
    20190918_173802.jpg
    343.2 KB · Views: 189
  • 20190918_173750.jpg
    20190918_173750.jpg
    296.3 KB · Views: 189
  • 20190918_173819.jpg
    20190918_173819.jpg
    303.7 KB · Views: 180
Went out today to try out some CCI Green Tag. I had it pretty fouled from 30 rounds of testing a few days ago and ran a 6x5. Tikka T1X does not like the CCI Green Tag at all... averages 1.8moa @ 100 yards. Pretty yucky. I was wondering if my rifle was maybe a bit dirty and needed a cleaning so I ran some Eley Target, and did a little better at 1.4moa. Not a great day on the Tikka though.

Put in the CCI Green Tag into my fiance's 10/22 competition and a did a 6x5 @ .8" @ 100 yards. So at least this ammo is going to work great for her in the comps. I'll stick with Eley for now on the T1X. Ordered more Target and going to try out Contact too next week. I'm much more comfortable behind the T1X but my Ruger 10/22 Competition, with the crappier trigger, crappier scope, and crappier stock outshoots the Tikka, a bit disappointing.

I'm looking forward to the new IBI Barrel review from @Kisssofdeath... $350 upgrade, bringing the Tikka to about $479 + $389 + $350 = $1215, compared to the Ruger Competition at $650.

Shot a fairly quick weak side 6x5. Only at 25 meters though, but still sub moa average using CCI SV. Was a little worried I screwed the barrel up, since I hade to re-thread it 1/2-28 for the DIP brake. But looks like she's still a shooter.

IMG_19092019_165341_(1080_x_720_pixel).jpg
IMG_19092019_165432_(1080_x_1531_pixel).jpg

Went out today to try out some CCI Green Tag. I had it pretty fouled from 30 rounds of testing a few days ago and ran a 6x5. Tikka T1X does not like the CCI Green Tag at all... averages 1.8moa @ 100 yards. Pretty yucky. I was wondering if my rifle was maybe a bit dirty and needed a cleaning so I ran some Eley Target, and did a little better at 1.4moa. Not a great day on the Tikka though.

Put in the CCI Green Tag into my fiance's 10/22 competition and a did a 6x5 @ .8" @ 100 yards. So at least this ammo is going to work great for her in the comps. I'll stick with Eley for now on the T1X. Ordered more Target and going to try out Contact too next week. I'm much more comfortable behind the T1X but my Ruger 10/22 Competition, with the crappier trigger, crappier scope, and crappier stock outshoots the Tikka, a bit disappointing.

I'm looking forward to the new IBI Barrel review from @Kisssofdeath... $350 upgrade, bringing the Tikka to about $479 + $389 + $350 = $1215, compared to the Ruger Competition at $650.

I wouldn’t get too down on yourself about the 10/22 shooting better than your Tikka. I have seen several of the new Rugers at matches and it seems like everyone has had some kind of issue with them. The running joke is that’s what you get for buying an overpriced Ruger. It sounds like you may have got a good one but I know quite a few people who haven’t. For what it’s worth the only CCI ammo my rifle shoots well is mini mags and it only shoots those well at 50. Granted it shoots those extremely well at 50 but at 100 it goes to crap. My sons 10/22 however shoots CCI really well but doesn’t seem to cycle the more expensive Eley reliably. Out of a 10 rd magazine if Edge I usually have at least 1-2 FTF.

@IntenseImage - I had completely forgotten about the oryx chassis until your picture popped up. It looks great. Are you satisfied with the stock? Any fitment issues?

I wouldn’t get too down on yourself about the 10/22 shooting better than your Tikka. I have seen several of the new Rugers at matches and it seems like everyone has had some kind of issue with them. The running joke is that’s what you get for buying an overpriced Ruger. It sounds like you may have got a good one but I know quite a few people who haven’t. For what it’s worth the only CCI ammo my rifle shoots well is mini mags and it only shoots those well at 50. Granted it shoots those extremely well at 50 but at 100 it goes to crap. My sons 10/22 however shoots CCI really well but doesn’t seem to cycle the more expensive Eley reliably. Out of a 10 rd magazine if Edge I usually have at least 1-2 FTF.

Contact still doing well for you? I just ordered a brick hoping to have similar output to yours! If so then I'll just use that for everything. Right now Target is my go-to for everything practical.

Contact still doing well for you? I just ordered a brick hoping to have similar output to yours! If so then I'll just use that for everything. Right now Target is my go-to for everything practical.

I use Contact in all my Tikkas and it is still shooting really well. At least it is shooting well after recovering from cleaning. I use Eley Force in my 10/22. The Contact doesn’t seem to cycle as well in the 10/22. When I’m doing positional shooting practice I just use the $20 a brick CCI SV. It isn’t as accurate as the Contact but it is good enough for practice inside 100 yards.

Reactions: littlepod
And the T1x fits straight in??
Or is there some jiggery pokery going on under the scene?
There's been a few that use rem700 AICS stocks/chassis. There is definitely work required due to different action screw spacing, different recoil lug and different trigger size. I modded an AX rem700 chassis to use with my T3.

I use Contact in all my Tikkas and it is still shooting really well. At least it is shooting well after recovering from cleaning. I use Eley Force in my 10/22. The Contact doesn’t seem to cycle as well in the 10/22. When I’m doing positional shooting practice I just use the $20 a brick CCI SV. It isn’t as accurate as the Contact but it is good enough for practice inside 100 yards.

I've been doing the same thing, by using CCI SVI for positional practice. 1/2 the cost. But then I wonder how many Eley rounds I need to run through it to properly foul it... and CCI SV is a bit dirtier? I'm at 500 rounds since my last cleaning, but I don't want to clean the gun, and spend another 150 rounds getting it to shoot well again...

How many rounds did it take you until yours settled down? I am guessing you're going to avoid any deep cleaning for a while? I cleaned my 10/22 Competition, and it had no problem hitting groups within the first 20 rounds @ 100 yards.

As a general rule I just pull a bore snake through my rifles after I shoot and avoid any deep cleaning until it is absolutely necessary. Cleaning this one was an exception to my rule because I thought the barrel was coming off perminatly. It took me about 200 rounds after I cleaned the barrel for it to shoot right again. It didn’t shoot horrible, just not as good as I knew it could. All of mine have pretty consistent shot sub MOA at 100 yards since I got it with good ammo though. The only time I see issues is when my son gets on it and starts slapping the trigger and says it will not group. Once I knock him in the head and tell him to watch his trigger control the groups immediately close up. Personally I don’t shoot groups a lot though. I shoot groups when I test ammo. I also go and shoot a group or two at 50, 100, 150 and 200 the day before a match to confirm my zero and dope. I rarely have to make any changes but I have had to make small changes every now and then especially to my dope based on temperature. More than anything it is for piece of mind. I have seen some really good shooters show up to a match with their rifle out of zero and end up throwing a whole match.

In reguard to cleaning I was speaking to friend at a match who is pretty knowledgeable about rimfire. He said that in his experience the higher end barrels aren’t effected by cleaning the way most factory barrels are. After thinking about it I would tend to think he is correct. Most of the bench rest guys I have seen clean pretty religiously. Myself, I shoot such a high volume I would go nuts trying to clean as frequently as they do.

I picked up a Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50 tonight from Bass Pro. B&H Photo has them on sale for $299 right now and the manager price matched. I ordered high rings, but tried the mediums I already had and it juuuuuust fits. Warne 314LM Rings if anyone is wondering.
0881949F-4DC1-4147-8E69-1673607F925B.jpeg
69F7BB63-CAE6-43A0-9C44-1E03F22F779F.jpeg

@IntenseImage - I had completely forgotten about the oryx chassis until your picture popped up. It looks great. Are you satisfied with the stock? Any fitment issues?

From my very limited knowledge and experience with this stuff, I'm very happy with it. Shot the rifle for the first time last weekend - which just happened to be under match conditions of all things ... Shared the rifle with our 12yr old daughter and both of us agree we are very happy with the package. Action dropped right in.

It's been 10 months since I actually bought my T1x, and due to making bolt handles and parts instead of shooting, it's been over a year since I even got to the range. Used CCI SV .22LR and at 50yds in the KRG Bravo it was doing great. Did lighten the trigger pull weight just by adjusting the screw out 1 full turn, have springs on standby if I decide to swap it out. Was using about 40in/lbs of Torque but could probably go as low as 30. No function issues at all. Just need to practice to get tighter groups. Did shoot it at 100yds and was on the 5" paper target, but wind was spreading shots out.

T1x Target Groups CCI SV sml.jpg
20190920_140534.jpg

I've had the Tikka for a week and have about 400 rounds through it.
I have an SWFA 10x42 on it and a DIP rail shooting CCI SV for the most part
but TAC22 is showing promise. Here's a 50 round count (CCISV) shot at 100 yards with a bit
of cross wind but I had flags out. Measures 3" due to that one at the bottom.

I like the stock but feel it's too light for off the bench so maybe a Bravo is in
my future. I have the trigger at 1 3/4 lbs. At 50 yards I have found I can keep them
consistently 3/4" average 5 shot groups. Shooting a few USBR targets I can score 205 at 50 yards.
I bought this as a trainer and feel I've learned a lot already. I have a limbsaver on the butt
to extend the LOP.
Edit...sorry for the double images; I don't no how to get rid of them.
50 shots 100 yards.JPG
TikkaT1X.JPG

50 shots 100 yards.JPG
TikkaT1X.JPG

Well me and the tikka stunk it up today. Shot my first match ever. The tikka started out like a champ for about 3 stages then i couldnt hit crap. I shot 3 more stages thinking it was me. Then i decided to check my action screws and the back screw turned a good half a turn. Once tight i went from a zero on one stage to 6 out of 10 at 110 to 150 yds. Finished 17 out of 23. Had a good time even with being aggraveted at not making hits.
I learned some things. I need my dope in 10 yd increments. Trust my ballistic calculator I am not smarter than it. Most important when you take your gun from a cold ac house put it in a case and dont take it out till 5 mins before you shoot is stupid. Pulled the gun out scope is fogged up for 10 mins and gun felt like it had been in the fridge. Which is cold in south texas. Me and the tikka will be better prepared next time.
If you are in Houston the CCC Shooting complex 22lr match is a blast, try it out.

Sounds like my day. You'd think I'd be getting better not worse as I participate in matches. Still had fun. Will go back.

Well me and the tikka stunk it up today. Shot my first match ever. The tikka started out like a champ for about 3 stages then i couldnt hit crap. I shot 3 more stages thinking it was me. Then i decided to check my action screws and the back screw turned a good half a turn. Once tight i went from a zero on one stage to 6 out of 10 at 110 to 150 yds. Finished 17 out of 23. Had a good time even with being aggraveted at not making hits.
I learned some things. I need my dope in 10 yd increments. Trust my ballistic calculator I am not smarter than it. Most important when you take your gun from a cold ac house put it in a case and dont take it out till 5 mins before you shoot is stupid. Pulled the gun out scope is fogged up for 10 mins and gun felt like it had been in the fridge. Which is cold in south texas. Me and the tikka will be better prepared next time.
If you are in Houston the CCC Shooting complex 22lr match is a blast, try it out.

This is your Bravo, Nightforce setup? What did you end up retightening the action screws down to?

Yes i had torque them to 40 in/lbs two nights before. The rear screw turned easily 1/2 turn before becoming snug. Last night i cleaned everything and torqued to 65 in/lbs with blue locktite. I went this morning and my dope is exactly as it was prior. I dont plan on taking it out of the chassis again unless there is a problem.

What's the course of fire like? I have been wanting to try to come to one, bout a 4 hour drive though. If I come I gotta bring the co pilot and he is going to want to shoot too.

COF was cool. Range opened at 7 safety brief at 8. Squaded up started shooting 830-9. Shoot from tank traps, electrical spools, barricades, tires (harder than you think), top of 6x6's in the ground, rooftop, culverts. Finished up with 5 squads of 6 at about noon. They grill burgers and hotdogs while we shoot everybody eats and bullshits with each other. On the road for 130 headed home with a full belly, new friends, and a good time. They are hosting the NRL championship on December 7th and 8th.

cool I will see if we can make the November match, seems like there is something going on every weekend next month!

I've read all 51 pages so now I can comment. Learned a lot.

I hadn't been to the range for awhile but at some point this summer I made it out and noticed a flyer for NRL22. I'd always wanted to do something like that so started researching it a bit (a lot). I had bike race commitments that meant that the September match would be the first one that I could make it to so I set that as my target. Long story short got a T1x about two weeks before the September match topped it with DIP rail, Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50 (same reticle as my 6.5CM precision rifle), and added a DIP compensator, Harris bipod, a cheap sling, and prepped for base class. I own a bunch of rimfires but all older stuff that I inherited and a lightly modded 10/22. First couple hundred rounds were flawless and the accuracy was incredible. It seemed to shoot everything pretty well but the "best" ammo available locally was Green Tag so I haven't tried it with most of the stuff that others are having the best accuracy with but I did order a selection of Lapua, Eley, and SK a few days ago that should be here this week.

I decided on buying the Tikka because I really wanted to shoot Base Class in NRL and I wanted something that would be flawless for my 11 year old son to shoot. Even with upgraded internals I still get occasional FTE in the 10/22 and I didn't want my son to have to deal with that in a match situation. In the week leading up to the match I started getting FTEs with the Tikka. Online searches brought me to this thread. The FTEs steadily got worse leading up to the match despite cleaning and smoothing the extractor my son and I both had multiple issues. In the 10 stages shot between the two of us we had 5-6 stages with an issue (I think that my son short stroked the bolt on one). I managed to win base class that day but I'd guess that the issues cost me 40-50 points despite quick mag changes.

From the info in this thread and one other thread I've been experimenting with different bends of the ejector and have the FTEs down to around a 1 in 100 rate. I still find that to be too high for a bolt gun but it's at least tolerable. In every other regard I've been nothing but impressed with the rifle. The accuracy has been incredible. I love the bolt throw. Fit is really good with the vertical pistol grip fitted. My "real" precision rifle sits in a Whiskey 3 chassis so I'd like to upgrade to a Bravo but for now I want to keep shooting base class and I'm not willing to spend more money upgrading a rifle that doesn't eject 100% of the time. Anyway, thanks for the help, there's a lot of great information in this thread.

I hadn't been to the range for awhile but at some point this summer I made it out and noticed a flyer for NRL22. I'd always wanted to do something like that so started researching it a bit (a lot). I had bike race commitments that meant that the September match would be the first one that I could make it to so I set that as my target. Long story short got a T1x about two weeks before the September match topped it with DIP rail, Vortex Diamondback Tactical 6-24x50 (same reticle as my 6.5CM precision rifle), and added a DIP compensator, Harris bipod, a cheap sling, and prepped for base class. I own a bunch of rimfires but all older stuff that I inherited and a lightly modded 10/22. First couple hundred rounds were flawless and the accuracy was incredible. It seemed to shoot everything pretty well but the "best" ammo available locally was Green Tag so I haven't tried it with most of the stuff that others are having the best accuracy with but I did order a selection of Lapua, Eley, and SK a few days ago that should be here this week.

I decided on buying the Tikka because I really wanted to shoot Base Class in NRL and I wanted something that would be flawless for my 11 year old son to shoot. Even with upgraded internals I still get occasional FTE in the 10/22 and I didn't want my son to have to deal with that in a match situation. In the week leading up to the match I started getting FTEs with the Tikka. Online searches brought me to this thread. The FTEs steadily got worse leading up to the match despite cleaning and smoothing the extractor my son and I both had multiple issues. In the 10 stages shot between the two of us we had 5-6 stages with an issue (I think that my son short stroked the bolt on one). I managed to win base class that day but I'd guess that the issues cost me 40-50 points despite quick mag changes.

From the info in this thread and one other thread I've been experimenting with different bends of the ejector and have the FTEs down to around a 1 in 100 rate. I still find that to be too high for a bolt gun but it's at least tolerable. In every other regard I've been nothing but impressed with the rifle. The accuracy has been incredible. I love the bolt throw. Fit is really good with the vertical pistol grip fitted. My "real" precision rifle sits in a Whiskey 3 chassis so I'd like to upgrade to a Bravo but for now I want to keep shooting base class and I'm not willing to spend more money upgrading a rifle that doesn't eject 100% of the time. Anyway, thanks for the help, there's a lot of great information in this thread.

I used to have ftes about one in a hundred but after I was told to pull the bolt harder back I haven't had any ftes. Pulling it harder back does throw off my cycle speed by a notch where i used to be able to cycle really fast, but then combined with an FTE, a half cycled FTF, a mag change, I am just spending that 1/8 of a second pulling the bolt back harder. It is interesting the inconsistency of how far rounds eject though. Some casings when pulling hard will really get thrown a few feet, and some even pulling hard will land a few inches away. If I don't pull hard, then those that land only a few inches away have a chance of getting stuck in the chamber. I haven't fiddled with the ejection spring yet.

Regarding chassis, I have two KRG Bravos... which I do like, but the adjustability of the MDT ACC Chassis looks really promising. The MDT ACC T3 inlet also supports both T1X and T3, so if I could do it again, I'd probably not have bought the KRG stuff, and just had 1 MDT ACC chassis that I swapped across both my rifles, and then gone ARCA for everything. Or... I can keep my bravos, buy 2 arca plates, buy 2 adjustable buttpads, etc... things add up.

Accuracy wise... it fluctuates... and I'm uncertain how much of it is the shooter, vs the rifle, and that's the part that has me a bit thrown off. The time I've spent trying to figure out ammo, and group irregularities has been time consuming. One day I'll go out and shoot sub 1" at 100, and the next day I'll go out and shoot 1.5", but no idea if it was the rifle or me. It is 1/3 the cost of a Vudoo V22, but everyone that has a Vudoo, and it's made for center-x will consistently get .5-.75" at 100 yards. Almost any day of the week.

Now as an investment just for NRL22, I think that's fine. I've never missed the 1/4" shot @ 25, or the 2.5" shot at 100, or the 6" gong at 200, so it's well within the accuracy margins of that competition. My local NRL22 chapter doesn't really track/care about open vs base class so it's pretty moot unless you're going for nationals.

I ageee littlepod. It is not a vudoo but it is well within what i need for nrl22. I guess i am lucky i have 1500-2000 rds thru it now and not one fte.

I guess i am lucky i have 1500-2000 rds thru it now and not one fte.

Jealous. I was approaching a one in ten failure rate at one point.

I used to have ftes about one in a hundred but after I was told to pull the bolt harder back I haven't had any ftes.

I've tried hard, soft, medium, etc. with no change. I think that I'm over 1000 rounds now. About 350 since bending my ejector with only 2-3 FTEs. I wish they'd sell the ejector separately from the magwell assembly. It's a ten cent piece but you have to pay $70 for the full assembly if you want a new one. I'd like to order a few of them and play with a bunch of different bends.

The only time I have have any issue with a FTE is when I don’t cycle the bolt with enough authority. Not racking it really hard necessarily but rack it like you mean it.

I have found the accuracy of this rifle to be pretty amazing. If I really take my time and try it will shoot some amazingly small groups. I was shooting this past Sunday and I hit the 1/4” spinner on my KYL at 50 yards 20 shots in a row. That was pretty impressive in my book. I did that using Eley Contact ammo which is pretty inexpensive as far as Eley ammo goes costing about $4.50 a box. Most of the ammo I have tried shoots pretty well but Contact and Edge seem to shoot the best in mine. My sons also likes the Contact and really loved the SK Pistol match special.

For the chassis I can’t say enough good things about the Bravo. I absolutely love mine. Infact I liked it so much I got one for my 6.5 Tikka match rifle and have twins. My tikka 22 is by far my most used rifle. I use it for 22 matches and shoot 1-2 a month. I actually have one of my best optics on it simply because I use it the most. I looked at adding an ARCA rail and Spigot to my Bravo also but at this point I don’t see enough need to justify the cost of the rail, Spigot and adapters for my bipods and other gear. I will probably add one eventually but this is my first year shooting 22 matches. One of the big advantages I see with the Bravo is the weight. It is much lighter than a lot of the other options. We don’t have NRL here. We have long range PRS style matches that shoot anywhere from 25-400 yards. This also includes some off hand shooting and a whole lot of maneuvering on obstacles. That lighter chassis has been a real asset for me with that.

The only time I have have any issue with a FTE is when I don’t cycle the bolt with enough authority. Not racking it really hard necessarily but rack it like you mean it.

I have found the accuracy of this rifle to be pretty amazing. If I really take my time and try it will shoot some amazingly small groups. I was shooting this past Sunday and I hit the 1/4” spinner on my KYL at 50 yards 20 shots in a row. That was pretty impressive in my book. I did that using Eley Contact ammo which is pretty inexpensive as far as Eley ammo goes costing about $4.50 a box. Most of the ammo I have tried shoots pretty well but Contact and Edge seem to shoot the best in mine. My sons also likes the Contact and really loved the SK Pistol match special.

For the chassis I can’t say enough good things about the Bravo. I absolutely love mine. Infact I liked it so much I got one for my 6.5 Tikka match rifle and have twins. My tikka 22 is by far my most used rifle. I use it for 22 matches and shoot 1-2 a month. I actually have one of my best optics on it simply because I use it the most. I looked at adding an ARCA rail and Spigot to my Bravo also but at this point I don’t see enough need to justify the cost of the rail, Spigot and adapters for my bipods and other gear. I will probably add one eventually but this is my first year shooting 22 matches. One of the big advantages I see with the Bravo is the weight. It is much lighter than a lot of the other options. We don’t have NRL here. We have long range PRS style matches that shoot anywhere from 25-400 yards. This also includes some off hand shooting and a whole lot of maneuvering on obstacles. That lighter chassis has been a real asset for me with that.

Excited to get my Eley Contact in the mail on Wednesday... got mine for about $5.50 a box. Where do you get yours at $4.50? LAX Ammo has it pretty cheap, but they charge Tax and Shipping to WA, so I've been going through Vizards.

I haven't shot official PRS match yet with my .308, but everyone running in those comps look like they're carrying 20lb rifles to reduce the recoil. 22 doesn't require any of that, but I was looking at making my 22 heavier, just so I can practice NRL22 as a PRS trainer, but maybe that wasn't the right way to do it :p

I've also been considering the ARCA rail and then also an ARCA clamp for my Atlas bipod... but yeh that's another $150 ish... and I don't think I'd ever really slide my bipod much to really care. I think a movable barricade stop would be nice, but right now my mini fortune cookie on most barricades has worked great for stability.

+1 on putting my best class on my 22. In terms of round count since I bought my Tikka 308 and 22LR in June -
400 rounds of 308
3000 rounds of 22

Those 3000 rounds of 22 cost about the same as the 400 rounds of 308 :)

I figured the guys at the range would get a kick out of it
I am just gonna put it out there and see what happens.