• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T1X

Anybody have the left handed 22 on back order or heard any news on them?
I've had one on order for seven months here in NZ.

Gun shop was told they should be arriving in early 2021, but they've heard nothing.

They know Beretta have had a couple of Tikka shipments land in this time, but nothing yet. Even the folks at Beretta locally say they don't have any info from Finland about when they'll be available.

I've had one on order for seven months here in NZ.

Gun shop was told they should be arriving in early 2021, but they've heard nothing.

They know Beretta have had a couple of Tikka shipments land in this time, but nothing yet. Even the folks at Beretta locally say they don't have any info from Finland about when they'll be available.
Your second paragraph is what I heard when asking Europtic back in February.

I don't want to order til I know that they're actually here. I also have 2 lefty savages to sell as well.

For those of you who are participating in ARA Factory Rifle Class matches, which version of the T1X are you using? Also, what modifications have you made, if any?

Thanks very much!

RFS99

Just got tracking info for my T1X. I can't wait, I've wanted this one for a long damn time now. Already ordered the T3X recoil pad, the more vertical grip, trigger spring, and Area 419 30MOA rail. I'll be pillaging my Athlon Midas Tac off my 10/22 for glass.
Where did you order your T1X from and how long did it take?

Okay, dumb question time. Is it normal to receive a 20" barreled T1X that's labeled 16.5"? We measured multiple times, it's a 20" for sure.

0P7t50x.jpg

Reactions: Sc0-
Has anyone tried the Sako TRG trigger unit on a T1X yet?

I asked last august and am about to jump in but hesitant for this reason.
I have had one on mine from the start since I've tried to replicate my TRG as closely as possible and I had a TRG-trigger laying around. Will not go back to a single stage trigger.

I have had one on mine from the start since I've tried to replicate my TRG as closely as possible and I had a TRG-trigger laying around. Will not go back to a single stage trigger.

thank you for this information. I will hopefully pick one up next week now I know it will work.

thank you for this information. I will hopefully pick one up next week now I know it will work.
Answered in a bit of a rush earlier so just a couple of remarks since I don't know the stock you're planning on dropping the T1x in etc:
- The TRG bottom safety and trigger needs additional room if used with the original T1x stock and bottom metal
- The TRG magazine release gets in the way of the T1x magazine (at least the 22lr one) and makes seating the magazine hard or impossible if used with the TRG trigger guard. I removed the release and, IIRC, shaved a bit from the front of the guard with a file to make the mag seat smoothly. The small amount of removed plastic didn't seem to harm using the trigger guard with a TRG mag later on.

A couple of shitty pictures. In it's current form:

51280170692_41825f065c_o.jpg

Here you might see the magazine and trigger guard fitment better:

48804355848_8e2acdfef0_o.jpg

Further question 16” or 20” barrel????
I would and did go with a 16" and don't regret it.

Answered in a bit of a rush earlier so just a couple of remarks since I don't know the stock you're planning on dropping the T1x in etc:
- The TRG bottom safety and trigger needs additional room if used with the original T1x stock and bottom metal
- The TRG magazine release gets in the way of the T1x magazine (at least the 22lr one) and makes seating the magazine hard or impossible if used with the TRG trigger guard. I removed the release and, IIRC, shaved a bit from the front of the guard with a file to make the mag seat smoothly. The small amount of removed plastic didn't seem to harm using the trigger guard with a TRG mag later on.

A couple of shitty pictures. In it's current form:

View attachment 7673066

Here you might see the magazine and trigger guard fitment better:

I would and did go with a 16" and don't regret it.
I will be creating the exact same setup, although my TRG stock is black.

I have the stock and KRG backbone that has been sat in storage for years. This is the perfect use for it.

So I got the Tikka out this weekend for it's maiden voyage. I ended up gonig a different route on optics due to wanting to try an NRL 22 match, and the MSRP of my Midas Tac would put me into open class which I DO NOT want. I sent Athlon a very polite email asking if they could lower the MSRP of their scopes to more closely match retail, as I bought my Midas Tac based on advice here on the hide. I doubt anything will come of it, but it doesn't hurt to try. I'm well aware of the warranty change on the Covenant scopes, but for the sale price they're going for right now, nothing else was even close feature-wise, and likely not glass-wise.

Area 419 30 MOA rail
Cabela’s Covenant 7 3-21x50mm wrapped in Arken Halo rings
Tikka T3X recoil pad, vertical grip, and beaver-tail forend
Harris S-BRM 6-9” with S Lock
Mountain Tactical trigger spring, breaks at a crisp 13oz
Form 1 can by Nick at Ecco Machine and Fabrication (re-core)

My only gripe so far was some FTE issues. I’ve since done the ejector spring mod I found here at the hide, and will try that out next weekend. I also have a Victor company cheek rest kit on the way to replace my hasty DIY kydex version. I love this thing and can’t wait to put more rounds through it next weekend. I'll order some higher-end stuff to run through it at some point, as you'll never find it locally here.

sM4g0xm.jpg

kBlXW0v.jpg

Reactions: WeeHooker and clsx
Nice setup, killing me waiting on the left-handed T1X. Who made your tube for the Form 1? I'm running an XRT 6.0" setup and I'm pretty pleased.

Thanks! There were a few lefties on GunJoker when I bought mine. Nick at ECCO machine did the tube work as well as the re-core. It performs, very, very well.

Hi gals and guys,

I am planning to homer tune my T1x in .22lr and to increase accuracy. I intend to weight the factory stock using fine buckshots and epoxy resin, to make a cheek rest and perhaps to remove/sand the bedding block. Does any of you have any experiences with that?

Thanks!

Maybe it was covered but what is the " Homer tune?"
Thought he may have been referring to "Purdy" but most likely referring to DIY

Hi gals and guys,

I am planning to homer tune my T1x in .22lr and to increase accuracy. I intend to weight the factory stock using fine buckshots and epoxy resin, to make a cheek rest and perhaps to remove/sand the bedding block. Does any of you have any experiences with that?

Thanks!
I added a little over 1 pound of #9 shot up front with some epoxy. Also added 4 pounds of # 9 shot in the butt stock ( 4x 1 lbs plastic baggies wrapped in padded cloth. Rifle balance point is the mag well. With an extra 5 lbs on this gun it really feels solid and planted now. I also opened up the channel around the barrel a bit and removed the block. Much better shooting experience now. The red spots are just some tape to keep the epoxy out of the threads of the brass nut insert.

1E78C6DC-53C1-4A02-80FA-E5AB2919A409.jpeg

I'm getting extremely weak ejection unless I really man-handle the bolt, even after re-bending the wire according to the post here at the Hide. Is that just normal with this gun? Also, had some fun with CCI Quiets suppressed on Saturday, 6.5mils to get to 100yds. :ROFLMAO:

Apparently this is fairly common. I called Beretta and they sent me [no charge] a new ejector assembly. Only takes a few minutes to install, and helped the issue. It is still kinda weak, but it works most of the time. No where near what you get from Ruger or CZ, and I feel it is just a design situation. Given the way this thing shoots, I can deal with the occasional fail to eject.

Reactions: HPIguy
Ugh, guess I'll give them a call later on then. It's a terrible design IMO, and I really expected better from Tikka. It shoots for sure, but damn.

I wanted a T1x from the time they were announced, but none of the wholesalers I order from ever seemed to have them in stock. I already had a couple of CMP 40X/XB rifles that I had converted into repeaters using the V-22 magazines, and that I'd re-barreled with Benchmark & Lilja barrels, so while they were very accurate & reliable, I'd set them up as heavy comp rifles for 22RF PRS-style matches, and wanted something lighter, but with very good accuracy. When CZ announced their 457 models, the American really appealed to me, so I ordered one in that had nice wood; it ran smooth & with near 100% reliable extraction/ejection and it was easy to get the trigger adjusted for a light & clean break - but it shot like crap. I wound up putting a Shilen ratchet rifled bbl on it that was about 1/2lb heavier than the OEM bbl and required a little sanding of the bbl channel to fit, but after I chambered it with a PTG EPS reamer, the accuracy is all that I'd hoped for, so it satisfied my desire for that lighter yet accurate rifle, and I more or less forgot about buying a Tikka.

So from what I've been reading here and on other forums, it seems to me that CZ457s' feed & ejection functions are generally very good to excellent, but accuracy is hit or miss - no pun intended. I've read far more reports of very good accuracy with the T1x than not, but have heard from several owners who've had less than stellar function, with ejection issues more common than any other problems. Both CZ & Tikka use hammer forged barrels, so wouldn't it be great if Tikkas were as reliable as the average 457, and the average 457 was as accurate as the average Tikka?

So I called Beretta this morning. I was told the updated magazine assembly is not a thing, that they have not changed the design at all, and it's likely an issue with my bolt and I would have to send in the whole gun. With the gun being new, I'm going to run some more rounds through it and see if it improves any. If not, I guess back it goes.

Went back to the cherry orchard early this morning to see if I could eliminate another cherry eating rock chuck. I dispatched a big male a few days earlier. (last Picture) It was a nice morning setting under the cherry trees. Just had to reach up and pluck a few cherries now and then. Sat for 2 hours watching their main hole .
They must have known I brought the Tikka T1x with PST Gen ll scope shooting CCI Quiet 22lr and it scared the crap (pun intended) out of them & because they didn't show. But I will be back again Tough job but somebody has to do it.

rc.jpg
rc1.jpg
rockchuck2.jpg

Last edited:
In the interest of continuing to try and diagnose my issues before sending this thing back, does this extractor look right? Looks like the bottom edge is rounded off rather than being sharp as most extractors are.

XmVJHgD.jpg

GCaNmXD.jpg

If my meemory serves me right there is a thread from member "kissofdeath" where someone recommends rounding of the bottom of the extractor to make things run smoother. Perhaps Tikka has adopted this from factory lately?

If my meemory serves me right there is a thread from member "kissofdeath" where someone recommends rounding of the bottom of the extractor to make things run smoother. Perhaps Tikka has adopted this from factory lately?

That very well could be.

Back in June I got the chance to test one of godofthunder Tikka Flat trigger shoes. He graciously sent me one and a installation jig to help install it. I removed the trigger and removed the factory shoe using the jig which made it much easier to do. Installing the new shoe was fairly simple the pivot pin is a tight fit so must get it lined up just right. After installing the new shoe with godofthunders new short plunger my trigger went from 2lbs to around 1.5lbs. But with the flat shoe it feels lighter and feels like the trigger is a little farther back. I shot a couple of matches like this and it is a marked improvement over the original shoe. It makes it easier to get the 90 degree pull with my Bravo stock. I ordered a yo dave spring and installed it tonight. With the short plunger I was getting right at a 1lb pull. I installed the original long plunger with yo dave spring and am able to get a safe and consistent 12oz pull. I ran a couple of mags thru it right before dark and it is sweet. Will be shooting a couple of matches this weekend to really try it out. I will report back but so far I am very happy with this. This is a worthy upgrade to a already good trigger.

Hello,

I would like your opinion on the weight of my t1x in bravo stock.
I added some weight in the forend and now it's like 11 pounds.
Do you think is enough for prs 22lr matches?

Back in June I got the chance to test one of godofthunder Tikka Flat trigger shoes. He graciously sent me one and a installation jig to help install it. I removed the trigger and removed the factory shoe using the jig which made it much easier to do. Installing the new shoe was fairly simple the pivot pin is a tight fit so must get it lined up just right. After installing the new shoe with godofthunders new short plunger my trigger went from 2lbs to around 1.5lbs. But with the flat shoe it feels lighter and feels like the trigger is a little farther back. I shot a couple of matches like this and it is a marked improvement over the original shoe. It makes it easier to get the 90 degree pull with my Bravo stock. I ordered a yo dave spring and installed it tonight. With the short plunger I was getting right at a 1lb pull. I installed the original long plunger with yo dave spring and am able to get a safe and consistent 12oz pull. I ran a couple of mags thru it right before dark and it is sweet. Will be shooting a couple of matches this weekend to really try it out. I will report back but so far I am very happy with this. This is a worthy upgrade to a already good trigger.

Any info on where to purchase? Google turned up nothing at all.

Reactions: godofthunder
Any info on where to purchase? Google turned up nothing at all.
That's because they aren't out yet. I sent out 6 or 7 to beta testers for review. Assuming all goes well I'm hoping to have them for sale mid september. I'm working on getting info for them up on my site, it just isn't published yet. Shoot me a message here if you want kept in the loop about it.

Another update on the flat trigger shoe that I am beta testing for godofthunder. Shot two matches this weekend. Placed 6th on Saturday a personal best. The new trigger shoes and yo dave spring worked great. The shoe makes manipulating the trigger much easier for my big hand and the bravo stock. It feels like the trigger is farther back. I wish I would of taken a pic of the original to compare them. While I am sure it is not a huge amount of difference the feel of it is great. I think it has helped my shooting off of the barricades and odd positions that we often shoot in. Sunday I didn't shoot as well but shot my average at this range. The trigger worked great and I am pleased with it. Had several people notice it and ask about it. So I think there will be a market for these. I will continue to update. But it is a worthy upgrade.

Another update on the flat trigger shoe that I am beta testing for godofthunder. Shot two matches this weekend. Placed 6th on Saturday a personal best. The new trigger shoes and yo dave spring worked great. The shoe makes manipulating the trigger much easier for my big hand and the bravo stock. It feels like the trigger is farther back. I wish I would of taken a pic of the original to compare them. While I am sure it is not a huge amount of difference the feel of it is great. I think it has helped my shooting off of the barricades and odd positions that we often shoot in. Sunday I didn't shoot as well but shot my average at this range. The trigger worked great and I am pleased with it. Had several people notice it and ask about it. So I think there will be a market for these. I will continue to update. But it is a worthy upgrade.
Thanks for the update! I'll be getting a product page set up in the next couple of days so people can sign up to be notified when they come in stock.

I added a little over 1 pound of #9 shot up front with some epoxy. Also added 4 pounds of # 9 shot in the butt stock ( 4x 1 lbs plastic baggies wrapped in padded cloth. Rifle balance point is the mag well. With an extra 5 lbs on this gun it really feels solid and planted now. I also opened up the channel around the barrel a bit and removed the block. Much better shooting experience now. The red spots are just some tape to keep the epoxy out of the threads of the brass nut insert.

View attachment 7681498

Do you have any pictures of grouping that you were able to shoot with the T1x before and after the tunning?

I swapped out scopes on my T1X NRL22 Base Class Bomber yesterday after work.
IMG_4137.JPG

I had an Athlon Argos BTR Gen 2 6-24 X 50 on the rifle and picked up a Vortex Venom 5-25 X 56 at a gun show for below MAP.
I used MDT Premier 34mm rings in 1.25" height as they're are not a lot of options in 34mm rings as far as vendors and height.
The scope level is a Vortex as well for this project.

Run down on the Rifle:
IMG_4133.JPG

T1X MTR 20" Barrel
Stock is the take-off from my T3X CTR with the beavertail fore end and vertical grip plastics + Longer LOP over the .22 Stock.
Stock Pack / Cheek Riser is a Triad Tactical
ARCA Rail is Area 419 as are the Rail Barricade Stop and Atlas Bipod Mount.
Barreled action has a Mountain Tactical Bolt Handle and trigger spring.
The Pic Rail is another Area 419 piece with a 30 MOA slant in it.
Barrel Dampener is from Limb Saver / Sims Vibration Labs - Standard size
The bolt handle is one that I machined out of aluminum hex bar stock in my home workshop - Lathe and vertical mill

After Photos:
IMG_4142.JPG

IMG_4141.JPG

Initial impression of the Venom is that the glass is a pretty good step up from the Argos corresponding the increased cost between the two scopes.
The eyebox is definitely an improvement Venom vs. Argos,
The Elevation stop system is a large improvement.
Dials on the Venom are larger w/ 10 mil / Rotation vs. 5 mil / Rotation on the Argos. Clicks are good and solid on both scopes, with a slight edge to the Venom - It Costs More, Expect More.
I have the EBR-7C reticle in the two Razor Gen II scopes that I have on the my other Tikka Rifles, those are illuminated, this one is not. Commonality is a good thing when you only need to learn 1 reticle across 3 rifles.
The Venom is a pretty heavy scope at 35 oz. but the Argos isn't far behind at 29.6 oz.
The weight bias seems to have shifted forward after the ARCA rail install and scope change, but that was with the Bipod as far forward as it would clamp reliably, as well.
Total Weight with a full magazine and the new scope is 11 lbs. 8 oz. on the shipping scale at work.
Hoping to shoot it this weekend to zero it and see if it likes the new optic.

Reactions: Emerson0311
I swapped out scopes on my T1X NRL22 Base Class Bomber yesterday after work. View attachment 7687227
I had an Athlon Argos BTR Gen 2 6-24 X 50 on the rifle and picked up a Vortex Venom 5-25 X 56 at a gun show for below MAP.
I used MDT Premier 34mm rings in 1.25" height as they're are not a lot of options in 34mm rings as far as vendors and height.

Run down on the Rifle:
View attachment 7687228

T1X MTR 20" Barrel
Stock is the take-off from my T3X CTR with the beavertail fore end and vertical grip plastics + Longer LOP over the .22 Stock.
The bolt handle is one that I machined out of aluminum hex bar stock in my home workshop - Lathe and vertical mill

After Photos:View attachment 7687233
View attachment 7687232
Initial impression of the Venom is that the glass is a pretty good step up from the Argos corresponding the increased cost between the two scopes.
Dials on the Venom are larger w/ 10 mil / Rotation vs. 5 mil / Rotation on the Argos. Clicks are good and solid on both scopes, with a slight edge to the Venom - It Costs More, Expect More.
I have the EBR-7C reticle in the two Razor Gen II scopes that I have on the my other Tikka Rifles, those are illuminated, this one is not. Commonality is a good thing when you only need to learn 1 reticle across 3 rifles.
The Venom is a pretty heavy scope at 35 oz. but the Argos isn't far behind at 29.6 oz.
The weight bias seems to have shifted forward after the ARCA rail install and scope change, but that was with the Bipod as far forward as it would clamp reliably, as well.
Total Weight with a full magazine and the new scope is 11 lbs. 8 oz. on the shipping scale at work.

What length Arca rail did you use? Also won't the Venom take you out of base class MSRP wise?

TFW NRL rules (?) allow a base class rifle's bipod setup to cost more than the optic :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 6.5SH
I swapped out scopes on my T1X NRL22 Base Class Bomber yesterday after work. View attachment 7687227

Run down on the Rifle:
View attachment 7687228

T1X MTR 20" Barrel

After Photos:View attachment 7687233
View attachment 7687232

11.8 ain’t bad. My T1X ACC is 16ish.

NRL recently bumped the MSRP Limit to $ 1,200.00 for Base Class.
Venom is $ 699.99 MSRP with a MAP of $ 499.00 ish
T1X is $ 489.00 MSRP with a Street Price of about the same right now.
That puts that combo a few dollars under the limit.

I should add some weight to the butt to get the balance a bit more neutral, and that would probably end up in the 12.5 to 13 Lbs. zone.

The ARCA is a 12 inch, and all the toys, knick-knacks and do-dads makes it add up...
The goofy fastener spacing is due to experimenting with a KRG rail off of my Bravo chassis prior to see if it was a viable option.

IMG_4146.jpg
IMG_4148.JPG
IMG_4147.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 6.5SH