• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 270 wsm bolt stuck

mkelly

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Apr 25, 2018
Dallas, TX
Was at the range yesterday. I was shooting several loads. The load I was shooting at the the was 70 grains of magpro. The temperature was about 93 degrees. I am not sure if I had an over throw on this round but my bolt will not pull back and the lift is crazy hard. I do not want to man handle this bolt. What are my options. I removed the trigger assembly and it did not help.

Beat the bolt open with a hammer!
😂
My buddy brought this yesterday with his new 338 loads
Thankfully we didn’t need it.
0C81A63D-7204-485A-9CE1-C87CDB5236D6.jpeg

If bolt will lift and go fully up, bolt will not move rearward. Can put a brass rod down bore, through neck of case and against web.
Wooden dowel works also.

If have neither brass or wooden dowel readily available, either rubber mallet or mortaring are options.

Oak or maple dowel if the case is that tight.

Thanks for the help. I was able to get the action in a vise. Then I was able to palm bump the bolt hard enough to lift. The issues witt tikka is I was afraid of breaking the bolt handle dove tail.