• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tikka T3 in .308, constant failure to feed

limitz

Private
Minuteman
Jul 20, 2011
Atlanta, GA
I'm using 7.62x51mm Malaysian military surplus ammo, I believe it's 147 grain. I've done some googling, and only uncovered another post:

http://206.125.47.33/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1706427

For some reason, the ammo is not feeding correctly. The bolt "slips" on the ammo and glides over the top of it, not feeding it in correctly. When it does "catch" on the round, it feels a little sticky and requires a little force to bring the bullet into the chamber.

I've only had this rifle very recently, and haven't even test fired it. I was playing around it in my garage, readying it for the range, when I noticed this problem.

What is the cause of this problem? I have the B&C aftermarket stock, but that doesn't seem like it would cause the problem. What do I need to do from here?

Re: Tikka T3 in .308, constant failure to feed

Put it back into the OEM stock and try it. I bet it will feed just fine....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put it back into the OEM stock and try it. I bet it will feed just fine.... </div></div>

This. The stock controls the seating depth of your floorplate and magazines, this could cause the problems you're discussing.

-matt

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: monteboy84</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buffybuster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Put it back into the OEM stock and try it. I bet it will feed just fine.... </div></div>

This. The stock controls the seating depth of your floorplate and magazines, this could cause the problems you're discussing.

-matt </div></div>

Thanks! That did seem to fix the problem. I played around with the B&C stock, and I didn't seat the rifle correctly in the stock, so the action was seated a little higher than the magazine liked it to be.

However, the reason why it wasn't properly seated, is because if I drop the action in the whole way, the bolt release gets stuck on the stock.

I guess I'll be calling B&C for this one.