• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Picture Thread.

sorry for the small pics these are some foto's of my t3 with my self made folding stock
i made an chassis based of the trg system ,used the front of the trg stock the mag and the trg trigger
the pistol grip and the rest of the foldingstock i made from scratch
iphone 5 foto sept 2013 573.jpgiphone 5 foto sept 2013 583.jpgiphone 5 foto sept 2013 582.jpg
btw how do i post large pics (sorry im new at this)

Last edited:
sorry for the small pics these are some foto's of my t3 with my self made folding stock
i made an chassis based of the trg system ,used the front of the trg stock the mag and the trg trigger
the pistol grip and the rest of the foldingstock i made from scratch
View attachment 20424View attachment 20425View attachment 20426
btw how do i post large pics (sorry im new at this)

Did you have to do any work to the action to allow the TRG mag to feed?

hi scotch egg
no once you place the trg trigger and trigger guard the mag snaps right in to place

Welcome Tipe87,

I really like the last picture. The one with the wood stocked 7.62-53r. Fine looking rig.

Tikka .308 Varmint LH Stainless in Manners T4 - Titanium bolt handle and Titanium bolt shroud. CDI Bottom metal, Barrel/Action Cerakoted Armor Black, Stock Digicam Cerakoted (by me) in Graphite black, OD Green, Battle Ship Grey, Smiths Grey.

Tikka .223 Lite LH Stainless in PSE Carbon Stock

T3 Super-Lite in 7mm Remmy.... I figured it would be a good one to drag around the mountains. We'll find out this weekend.

I switched the scope from this 6x42 M1 to a VX-III 3.5-10x40 with an M1 elevation knob. Needs a Limbsaver something fierce :D

Nice combo you have there, I had to switch my Vari-x III 3.5-10x40 M3 to a VXR 3-9x40 CDS, because the 7mm cases would hit the windage knob and bounce back into the receiver. I do agree that work ups were pretty easy, approx .75-1 moa with anything I loaded. Just work up to pressure pressure signs and back down. Nothing tighter but consistently Moa or smaller. The limbsaver does help significantly, not that it hurts but that light rifle will rattle your marbles when trying for a follow up shot on an animal.

Good luck on your hunt.

Thanks! It worked pretty well last Friday.... and the Limbsaver helps a lot. Found out that it stacks 162 A-Maxes, too.

Not much of a contest, but this buck died at 215 yards via 168 Berger VLD.

Could I trouble someone to post pics of the .223 bolt-face and lug-pattern?

I assume all Tikka actions (more importantly those in .223) come without an integral recoil lug a la M70/surgeon?

Are the Tikka actions relatives of or part of the sako 85 line?

T3 ctr

Tikka T3 CTR with McMillan A3-5, CDI bottom metal, Delta tactical Bolt handle and schroud, AICS mags and S&B PM 5-25x56, still a work in progress. Next, new barrel and custom bedding. Because I can :).

Attachments

• IMG_3730.jpg
    IMG_3730.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 30
Tikka T3 CTR with McMillan A3-5, CDI bottom metal, Delta tactical Bolt handle and schroud, AICS mags and S&B PM 5-25x56, still a work in progress. Next, new barrel and custom bedding. Because I can :).

Good looking T3 you got there! I really like the McMillan stocks. But I gotta ask... What´s a custom bedding? I thought bedding is just a bedding, how does one do a "custom" bedding job?

Good looking T3 you got there! I really like the McMillan stocks. But I gotta ask... What´s a custom bedding? I thought bedding is just a bedding, how does one do a "custom" bedding job?

Maybe it's custom if they pay someone else to do it ;)

I apologize, I am relatively new to this. Yes; I meant having a professional do it for me instead of me trying it and screwing it up completely.

I apologize, I am relatively new to this. Yes; I meant having a professional do it for me instead of me trying it and screwing it up completely.

No need to apologize mate! It´s just that I see a lot of basic gunsmith stuff on this forum that is referred as a "custom". :D Maybe people just think differently about the term custom. :)

For those in the know.

How does a Tikka T3 Hunter stand in reagards to the T3 lite?
Is it the same just with a wood stock?

What would be the cheapest route do you think for a 308

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

T3 lite 223

t3 lite 223 1-8 twist coyote killer egw20 moa rail, my own bolt handle, atlasworkx bm with ai mag. Yo Dave's 12 ounce trigger spring scorpion bi-pod wearing a weaver tactical 4-20. Extremely jealous of everyone's whiskey chassis. Interested to see what there new light weight set up is like. Looking to dura coat soon along with a lim saver to gain another 1" lop. And a karsten cheek peice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 28

Cheapest, would be the Cabelas T3 lite for $513. Has a polymer stock, but it is light and accurate. You just scope it and go.

If you have Sports Authority in your area, call every one of them. I found both of my Tikkas at local stores when they were on clearance for $350

Depends what you want to do. For hunting or light shooting, a Lite is fine. The stock is kinda cheesy, but its totaly servicable and is FF'ed.

If you want something you can shoot more at one sitting, Cheapest would be a .308 Varmit. Hard to come by as they are no longer imported. Might be able to find a used on.

Next would either be the T3 Tac or T3 sporter. Pretty much same gun with different stocks. I went the Sporter route, as its a .260. $1500 New. I bought one used for $1300 with optic/brake/mount and after selling all the garbage off, I have about $600 into a like new 20" heavy barreled .260 with a threaded barrel. Dropped it into a KRG WC3 Gen 4 Folder, on top of an atlas with a badger 1 piece and 3-21x50 G2DMR and for the money, you cant beat it. I could not built an equal or similar quality rifle for twice the cost I have into this.

Thanks! It worked pretty well last Friday.... and the Limbsaver helps a lot. Found out that it stacks 162 A-Maxes, too.

Not much of a contest, but this buck died at 215 yards via 168 Berger VLD.

I like the scope mount.

A good weight, did not realize that was a 3. Let us know how it shoots and w/what bullets/powder if you do not mind. Thanks.

I have a left handed Tikka T3 Hunter stock I just replaced with a Manners light weight Hunter stock.

THe Tikka wood stocks are just fine. Plain Jane straight wood that fitted my T3 very well.

Just wanted the 260 to be my lightweight hunter so took the plunge for a Manners.

Anyone need a left handed T3 wood stock in perfect condition, let me know!

Tikka T3 Sporter .260

Just got a Tikka T3 Sporter in .260 and finished breaking in the barrel. Shoots .5" when I do my part. Eying a Sightron SIII to replace the Millet that I took off my .308 Savage.

Attachments

• IMG_0885.jpg
    IMG_0885.jpg
    885.9 KB · Views: 26
I figure I'll throw mine into the mix. Nothing too crazy but it shoots well for me. Tikka Varmint Stainless 204, Trijicon Accupoint 5-20x50, bolt spiral fluted by Boltfluter, and a KRG Gen 4 Whiskey 3 Chassis. Really happy with how it turned out.

a3u6uje2.jpg

3y5ysuhe.jpg

8ypeburu.jpg

Just got my XLR Carbon Chassis. Can't wait to spend some quality time behind it.

sabesa7u.jpg
ja9e3esu.jpg
y8y9u7eg.jpg
ty4etany.jpg
nubyse4a.jpg

I am logical, rational, analytical, and direct. Just call me Sheldon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got my XLR Carbon Chassis. Can't wait to spend some quality time behind it.

sabesa7u.jpg
ja9e3esu.jpg
y8y9u7eg.jpg
ty4etany.jpg
nubyse4a.jpg

That's a nice rifle! Let us know how it shoots! Also I like you stash of lapua brass in the background.

Thanks - definitely like the Lapua brass. This is my first time customizing a rifle like this so I'm really excited about it. Will post back with some target pics.

My 300 BLK bolt gun started life as a left handed .223 Tikka T3 Stainless Lightweight.

Went to my gunsmith and lost the 223 barrel and gained a slightly heavier 300 BLK barrel cut to 18"

(Sorry for the crappy photos)

IMG_02088.JPG

It was wearing an Aimpoint Micro T-1 before it got the Leupold MK4 1.5-5 on it. I went to a magnified optic because I set up an AR with the T-1 Micro and PVS-14 NVD for some real fun night time hog and varmint hunting. THe AR has been working exceptionally well so it was time to do something different with the T3.

At the Tulsa gun show last November, I ran across the new MDT LSS chassis system and found out it was going to be offered in a model for the T3 and LEFT HANDED! Had to order one.

It showed up last week and now the T3 fits it VERY well and I think looks pretty good. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet in the chassis because the weather here has been WELL below 0 degrees F forever.

P1250161.JPG

Now, the barreled action is headed out for a Cera Kote in OD and bolt colored black. Then it'll look something like my 308 T3 in the MDT chassis like this.

P1220158.JPG

P1220154.JPG

Now to wait for it to come back and get the T3 300 BLK all set up!

Last edited:
Chopperguy said:
It showed up last week and now the T3 fits it VERY well and I think looks pretty good. Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet in the chassis because the weather here has been WELL below 0 degrees F forever.
Don't let that stop you. We can't let everyone else across the country think that us Minnesotans are a bunch of wimps!:p

That's the first time I've seen the MDT chassis and thought that it actually looks good. Probably because of the Tikka that's sitting in it. Nice rig!

John

Don't let that stop you. We can't let everyone else across the country think that us Minnesotans are a bunch of wimps!:p

That's the first time I've seen the MDT chassis and thought that it actually looks good. Probably because of the Tikka that's sitting in it. Nice rig!

John

It's not the below zero temps, it's the 3-4' of snow on the range that makes the target setting and pasting a REAL chore! My snow shoes don't even help much! And the range is right in my back yard.....

I gotta move south! My wife has banished me from the house until my attitude improves or it warms up.

I'll see her around the middle of MAY!

I'll get to use the MDT with my 308 in it next week when I leave for Oklahoma for some hog and coyote hunting. The 300 BLK would be more fun, but the 308 has laid hogs flat many times before.

I hear ya!

I was out, day before yesterday and fought the same things. I cheated by shooting from my shop window (heated shop:eek:), but trudging out to set up the targets was a real chore. I have 13 screws and plates in my feet that make it even more fun, so I'll try to take the easy way out, whenever possible.

Good luck on your hunt and I hope you can post an AAR.

John