• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Picture Thread.

Thought I'd share another of my custom Tikka's. This one is another .284 WIN.

Tikka 223 1:8 Varmint
Manners EH1 with standard fill
Atalasworx DBM, knob and shroud (this DBM fits perfectly into the CDI inlet)
EGW Rail
Burris tac rings
Sightron SIII 6-24x50 with MOA-2 reticle
I added the camo splotches with Duracoat
Oh - ignore the cheap bipod. Only on there for the photo op

My tikka .223 tactical in an xlr chassis.
Strangely, it likes relatively light charge weights. But is disturbingly accurate with Berger 75grain vld's and vv n140.

Just picked up a Tikka 223 1:8 Scout CTR over the weekend it's still in the box... This thread shows some amazing concepts... ntm that xlr chassis is just wicked

Downlow, that is a nice 284 what is the setup of that rifle stock barrel and so on ? Im looking at doing my 270wsm up like that for the matrix 165 vld for a Longrange rig. And who did the gunsmithing?

I see front bead sights on a lot of these muzzle brakes, but I don't see the matching rear sight? Or are you supposed to use the pica tinny rail as the rear?

Hey oregonmuley I just picked up a T3 lite in .308 yesterday, with full intentions of painting the stock (hopefully in duracoat with black speckling and matte clear on top). How did you go about getting your stock painted green? (I.e. what method/paint did you go with.) Oh and mall ninja, the tikka t3s generally don't come with any ironsights. You have to specifically request them from the factory, but if you go on their website they have pictures of the rear ironsight (its kinda ugly IMO).

Last edited:
Hey oregonmuley I just picked up a T3 lite in .308 yesterday, with full intentions of painting the stock (hopefully in duracoat with black speckling and matte clear on top). How did you go about getting your stock painted green? (I.e. what method/paint did you go with.) Oh and mall ninja, the tikka t3s generally don't come with any ironsights. You have to specifically request them from the factory, but if you go on their website they have pictures of the rear ironsight (its kinda ugly IMO).

I had Karl Feldkamp paint it olive with black webbing, pretty sure he uses Cerakote to paint stocks. Turned out nice IMHO, stock is now a little less slick as well.

I might as well post it here too, right?

My new Tikka T3 Varmint;
IMG_7590.JPG

Still working on getting used to her;
IMG_7593.JPG

(The rifle is more than capable to put all 5 rounds in one jagged hole, I just wish I was as capable)

I might as well post it here too, right?

My new Tikka T3 Varmint;
IMG_7590.JPG

Still working on getting used to her;
IMG_7593.JPG

(The rifle is more than capable to put all 5 rounds in one jagged hole, I just wish I was as capable)

How heavy is it without bipod and suppressor?

Just picked up a Tikka 223 1:8 Scout CTR over the weekend it's still in the box... This thread shows some amazing concepts... ntm that xlr chassis is just wicked

WOW! I thought Those would've been Dried Up by now! Did you buy it new from dealer? Any chance they have anymore left? Thanks!

I get this question alot, so I made a guesstimation and will say that it is right around 6kg or 13,2 lb.
Add another 0.8 kgs or so for the suppressor and bipod.

I am asking this because I am not sure if the 7.5 lb official weight for tikka tactical or varmint is accurate.

If the gun was 7.5 lbs originally, add optics 2.5 lbs, it should be no more than 10 lbs. Where does the other 3 lbs come from?

The original stock was about 2 lbs, if changing to w3 chassis makes another 3.2 lbs gain, that means the chassis is more than 5 lbs!

I am asking this because I am not sure if the 7.5 lb official weight for tikka tactical or varmint is accurate.

If the gun was 7.5 lbs originally, add optics 2.5 lbs, it should be no more than 10 lbs. Where does the other 3 lbs come from?

Ok, so here is a slightly improved guestimation table:

Base rifle, Tikka T3 Varmint with the short barrel, listed weight, 3,4kg or 7.5 lb.
Chassis; KRG WT3 folding, listed approximate weight, 2,14kg or 4lb 12 oz.
Scope; Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50, listed weight, 0,65kg or 23,4oz.
Scope rings; Nightforce steel rings, high. Guestimated weight 0,35kg or about 12.5oz.
Scope base; EGW 20MOA alloy picatinny rail. Listed weight is 0,056-0,084kg (56-84grams)2-3 oz.

All which adds up to 6,596 kg or 14.5lb.

Then you have to subtract the weight of the original stock, magazine and bottom metal (plastic). I no longer have these parts around so I can put them on the scale I have which would actually be able to weigh them correctly. Thus im guesstimating again, I say that it weigh somewhere around 0.8kg or 1.76lb.

Bringing the total weight to 5,796kg or 12.77lb.

This stil excludes the AICS magazine and ammunition.

But it is probably damn close to the truth.

(The ATLAS with ADM QR is listed to weigh 12,7 oz and the ASE UTRA SL5 suppressor is listed to weigh about 14.1 oz)

Last edited:
I'll play . . .

Tikka T3 Lite, 223. barrel bobbed to 18"

BMT

That came out pretty nice, did the point of impact change any after shortening the barrel? The thing I like about the Tikka is their are inherently accurate. Pretty much moa with everything I roll up. Just wondering if the bbl length has anything to do with it (as a complete rifle)

Ok, so here is a slightly improved guestimation table:

Base rifle, Tikka T3 Varmint with the short barrel, listed weight, 3,4kg or 7.5 lb.
Chassis; KRG WT3 folding, listed approximate weight, 2,14kg or 4lb 12 oz.
Scope; Vortex Viper PST 6-24x50, listed weight, 0,65kg or 23,4oz.
Scope rings; Nightforce steel rings, high. Guestimated weight 0,35kg or about 12.5oz.
Scope base; EGW 20MOA alloy picatinny rail. Listed weight is 0,056-0,084kg (56-84grams)2-3 oz.

All which adds up to 6,596 kg or 14.5lb.

Then you have to subtract the weight of the original stock, magazine and bottom metal (plastic). I no longer have these parts around so I can put them on the scale I have which would actually be able to weigh them correctly. Thus im guesstimating again, I say that it weigh somewhere around 0.8kg or 1.76lb.

Bringing the total weight to 5,796kg or 12.77lb.

This stil excludes the AICS magazine and ammunition.

But it is probably damn close to the truth.

(The ATLAS with ADM QR is listed to weigh 12,7 oz and the ASE UTRA SL5 suppressor is listed to weigh about 14.1 oz)

Thanks a lot.
The chassis is pretty heavy, close to 5 lbs.

Tikka T3 Lite in .223 with 1-8" twist. Still need to get a scope on it & go shoot. Had to get it duded up just a bit first though.

Who makes that middle bolt handle? Looks to be about the perfect length and not ridiculously large.
Is that a Lumley bolt handle and you replaced the carbon fiber end with a different one?

I have to find a replacement for one I had custom made 4+ years ago.

Last edited:
Who makes that middle bolt handle? Looks to be about the perfect length and not ridiculously large.
Is that a Lumley bolt handle and you replaced the carbon fiber end with a different one?

I have to find a replacement for one I had custom made 4+ years ago.

Yup, its the Lumley Ti bolt handle - but I didn't care for the carbon fiber knob which was a little large so I sent it off to Karl @ Kampfeld Customs and he put on one of his Campfire knobs - came out just right IMHO. And as always Karl did a great job.

I'll play . . .

Tikka T3 Lite, 223. barrel bobbed to 18"

BMT

That came out pretty nice, did the point of impact change any after shortening the barrel? The thing I like about the Tikka is their are inherently accurate. Pretty much moa with everything I roll up. Just wondering if the bbl length has anything to do with it (as a complete rifle)

No change at all, it still shoots 60 grain Vmax's into little groups.

BMT

And this is my setup:

Tikka T3 308Win
KRG Whiskey 3Gen
Deon March FX 5-40x56
Spuhr 4701 mount
3rd Eye Tactical Evo bipod

Hope you like it

Martin

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 31
Well it has taken some time and a new job, but I finally finished my .308 winchester Tikka T3 lite. I went out yesterday and got it zeroed in with 168 grn. BTHP (Federal American Eagle 7.62x51 M1A match) at 100 yards.

You an see the first two shots that I took were about 2 1/2 and 1 inch off bulls-eye respectively. Once I dialed in the turrets and got my bearings, my first group came in at about 1.25 MOA, but i did a little more tweaking to the turrets and put it on a sandbag, and my final group ended up at 1/2 MOA.

I guess the Tikka one minute guarantee definitely holds. When i switched to some CBC Magtech 147 grn. NATO, my groups opened up to about 1.75 moa, but by that time i think i was losing accuracy to barrel heating.

If I can find somewhere to get between 300 and 500 yards, I'll see how well I can group. I have to figure out the calculations for drop on my scope, because I'm using MRAD instead of MOA adjustments.

tikkat3_zpsa049fb03.jpg

Attachments

• tikkat3_zpsa049fb03.jpg
    tikkat3_zpsa049fb03.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 32
Here is mine:

Tikka T3 Varmint .308
Barrel threaded and cut to 22”
SWR Specwar brake
KRG X-Ray chassis

14114635326_3bdde225fe_z.jpg

Short Action Customs did the barrel work and they did a great job.

14157878273_eeea56af8f_z.jpg

In the factory stock:

14114618566_cf22efbd0b_z.jpg

Here is mine:

Tikka T3 Varmint .308
Barrel threaded and cut to 22”
SWR Specwar brake
KRG X-Ray chassis

14114635326_3bdde225fe_z.jpg

Short Action Customs did the barrel work and they did a great job.

14157878273_eeea56af8f_z.jpg

In the factory stock:

14114618566_cf22efbd0b_z.jpg

Nice rifle.

Tikka T3 Super Varmint 308 win, Zeiss Duralyt 3-12x50 S60, Leupold QRW mount and Sonic 45 suppressor.
9yvuzyne.jpg

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk

Looks awesome Vargmat, any chance of a full view of the rifle with handle? Looks to be a good fit, hope you like how comfortable it is.
John

Looks awesome Vargmat, any chance of a full view of the rifle with handle? Looks to be a good fit, hope you like how comfortable it is.
John

Ill get some new pictures up, probably later today.

The new bolt handle is very comfortable, I took the rifle to the range today to try it out.

That swept ball is a work or art. I have one. Us aussies have some good gear for the tikkas. Anyone wanting one I know the guy that makes them. Pm if your interested

Looks great!

What have you wrapped around the suppressor?

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk

Just cammo tape, dampens a bit when one whacks the suppressor off the back window in the pick up or knocks it on the car when shooting off the hood etc. Have a bit of green tape on the up to 6.5mm suppressors and black tape on the 7mm up suppressors, just so I don't grab the wrong one.
edi

Here is my T3 in .270wsm. The new barrel is a Brux #10 3 groove. I need to get the 12oz trigger and the manners to stock yet. tmp_Screenshot_2014-05-19-15-37-191813750666.jpg I will be shooting the 175 great Matrix pills. My Smith is JC at Superior Gun Smithing. His instructor was "Speedy" Gonzalez. It has taken me a good long while to get to this point, but I can finally start to see the light at the end of the tunnel

Just a quick shoutout into this thread: Amazing what you've done with your Tikka rifles. The basic Tikka rifles are getting a bit bland for me but the reason for that is because I test them at the factory in Riihimäki ;)

My favorites by far are the TAC's and CTR's

Ofc I shoot Sako rifles too.. 10 M10's today in 338LM.

That's awesome ile and it's awesome for you to post here.
You should put up any pictures you can - unless you're not allowed, but it'd be awesome to see any production/testing/factory pictures to see what the rifles see before we get them.

That's awesome ile and it's awesome for you to post here.
You should put up any pictures you can - unless you're not allowed, but it'd be awesome to see any production/testing/factory pictures to see what the rifles see before we get them.

You guessed it, I'm not allowed to post anything from the factory grounds :/

I can tell you though what happens after the assembly. The guns get transported in carts into the underground shooting range.

First, every rifle goes through the CIP-standard prooftesting. That would be two overpressure rounds for each rifle. The bolt's of T3's in magnum calibers will be inspected with a high power microscope for fractures. If any indication of a fracture is found the bolt is disqualified as required by CIP.

After the prooftesting and inspections we get the carts into the actual shooting range. We got three lanes and currently we are working in two shifts. Shooting. So our ear muffs are big :D And with muzzlebrakes those muffs aren't even enough.

Basically every rifle is shot with a full magazine to see that the magazine and feed works properly. We shoot groupings, test hair triggers, fix the open sights and shoot with them, test the safety and check the casings for imprints from the chamber.

After the shooting we clean the bolt, oil the barrel and engrave the receiver number on the bolt with a pneumatic pen. Then off to the packaging / shipping :)

And that is why I spend my money with Tikka/Sako.... They are the only ones who do it right from the start and in the case of tikka, do not charge an arm and a leg. Best cost/performance out there bar none.

If you dont mind some Swedish, here is a video from a factory visit.

[video=youtube_share;cU-HCjTF9SA]http://youtu.be/cU-HCjTF9SA[/video]