• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Picture Thread.

Tikka T3 Super Varmint 308 win, Zeiss Duralyt 3-12x50 S60, Leupold QRW mount and Sonic 45 suppressor.
9yvuzyne.jpg

Sendt fra min GT-I9300 med Tapatalk

Is your barrel full length?

Yes, 58 cm
The suppressor slide 5,5 inches down the barrel.
tu7e7u6a.jpg

Last edited:
T3 Lite in .308 with a Manners stock and SWFA SS 10x42HD with badger rings, ACI, and 20 degree top rail. DIY krylon paint. P9150060.JPG

036.JPG Out in the woods on an elk hunt. The manners stock is great for static shooting, but carrying it got real old after a few days on foot at 8K ft.

Here is mine:

Tikka T3 Varmint .308
EGW rail
Seekins low rings
Bushnell 6500 2.5-16x50
Barrel threaded and cut to 22”
SWR Specwar brake
SWR Specwar 762 suppressor
KRG X-Ray chassis
Atlas bipod

My Specwar 762 can was just released from NFA jail so figured I would share an updated picture of my Tikka:

14292762704_7dcc376ddb_z.jpg

Very extensive testing. I like it! Wonder if Remington does the same? :p

You guessed it, I'm not allowed to post anything from the factory grounds :/

I can tell you though what happens after the assembly. The guns get transported in carts into the underground shooting range.

First, every rifle goes through the CIP-standard prooftesting. That would be two overpressure rounds for each rifle. The bolt's of T3's in magnum calibers will be inspected with a high power microscope for fractures. If any indication of a fracture is found the bolt is disqualified as required by CIP.

After the prooftesting and inspections we get the carts into the actual shooting range. We got three lanes and currently we are working in two shifts. Shooting. So our ear muffs are big :D And with muzzlebrakes those muffs aren't even enough.

Basically every rifle is shot with a full magazine to see that the magazine and feed works properly. We shoot groupings, test hair triggers, fix the open sights and shoot with them, test the safety and check the casings for imprints from the chamber.

After the shooting we clean the bolt, oil the barrel and engrave the receiver number on the bolt with a pneumatic pen. Then off to the packaging / shipping :)

My semi custom .223 Tikka T3
1:8 twist 25" true flight barrel,
McMillen A3-5 stock,
Third eye tactical bottom metal,
AI 10 round mags,
UK Gunworks rings,
Polished and lightened trigget set at 1lb,
Hawke Sidewinder 4-16x50 scope,
Aim Zonic compact moderator.

Useing 75gr amax at 3030fps average.

487yd group

Here is my tikka t3 ss lite in an MDT LSS chassis, 20 MOA egw base, SWFA ss 12x harris bi pod. tikka2-6.jpg

8e2anydu.jpg

Custom T3 with Kahles scope
Drool....
I'm waiting for my CTR in .308 to show up hopefully this month. I'm undecided on the chassis, but (so far) it's between the W3C and the RCS II. Might be a dumb question, but who did the stock on this one? I'm definitely considering picking up a scope mount from you when I get my scope :)

I'm waiting for a .260 CTR. Want to keep it light for hunting so planning to stick w factory stock dipped Kryptek, aluminum rings and Mk4 3.5-10x40. Can't bear the wait!

I've been lurking here for some time, and I am now in the process of getting my first centrefire.
Tikka was always at the top of the list. I've decided on a 308 over a 7mm-08 as I don't reload at the moment (although the 6.5x55 looks interesting).
Anyway, the question, as a newer shooter would there be any advantage to the heavier barrel. This post seems to have even numbers of Varmint, Lite, and aftermarket barrels.
I will mostly be shooting targets, but there will be some hunting, and I would like to add a suppressor. I suspect they will all shoot better than me, and I could put additional funds into a better scope, or perhaps a better stock.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Depends on the hunting, sporter barrel is very accurate but is not the one you want to sit and target shoot with all day, I prefer the heavy barrels for better shooting over carrying, an carrying them is no problem to me.

New bolt handle for my Tikka T3 Varmint. All the way from Australia.

IMG_7716.JPG

Where can I get that bolt knob?!?

New to the board & I'm currently building out a T3 with the green KRG stock in 6.5 creedmore with a muller barrel and NEED to add that bolt knob.

Thanks!!

Where can I get that bolt knob?!?

New to the board & I'm currently building out a T3 with the green KRG stock in 6.5 creedmore with a muller barrel and NEED to add that bolt knob.

Thanks!!

Look up the user "cannoncrossfire" right here on the hide.
He makes these bolt handels, and a few other styles too. Good guy to deal with and the quality of the handle is superb.

Out of the 2 chassis which one do you like better?

Both chassis are really nice and of the highest quality. So there is nothing that separates them in fit and finish. I am not sure about the weight difference, if there is one it won't be by much.
It will come down to ergonomics and visual appeal.

With thar said the ergonomics are a bit hard to separate as well, both offer adjustable LOP and comb height. The KRG can be adjusted without tools, and the XLR needs a hex key for this.
As you can see it really comes down to nitpicking.
Both are easily adjusted so you can get comfortable behind both of these chassis.

I had a AICS AX before I went over to KRG and there was a big difference between fit and finish between those two. Other than that, I really just got tired of the tubular front handguard that chassis like the AX and the XLR carbon offers. I also got a bit tired of explaining to the old boys on the range that, no my bolt action rifle is not capable of full auto firing. So, personally don't care for the tubed front ends, and I have no use for it. That is why the KRG takes the crown as far as I am concerned.

The pick between a XLR element and the KRG Wt-3 would be a bit harder, but only a little bit...

I've been lurking here for some time, and I am now in the process of getting my first centrefire.
Tikka was always at the top of the list. I've decided on a 308 over a 7mm-08 as I don't reload at the moment (although the 6.5x55 looks interesting).
Anyway, the question, as a newer shooter would there be any advantage to the heavier barrel. This post seems to have even numbers of Varmint, Lite, and aftermarket barrels.
I will mostly be shooting targets, but there will be some hunting, and I would like to add a suppressor. I suspect they will all shoot better than me, and I could put additional funds into a better scope, or perhaps a better stock.
Any thoughts would be appreciated.

I'm very happy with my T3 super varmint in 308 win, it's heavy but not too much and it's very accurate out of the box, I'm having my barrel cut to 20" on Monday as it's a bit too long for my hunting.
azudyhyq.jpg
yha4atu3.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you!

Both chassis are really nice and of the highest quality. So there is nothing that separates them in fit and finish. I am not sure about the weight difference, if there is one it won't be by much.
It will come down to ergonomics and visual appeal.

With thar said the ergonomics are a bit hard to separate as well, both offer adjustable LOP and comb height. The KRG can be adjusted without tools, and the XLR needs a hex key for this.
As you can see it really comes down to nitpicking.
Both are easily adjusted so you can get comfortable behind both of these chassis.

I had a AICS AX before I went over to KRG and there was a big difference between fit and finish between those two. Other than that, I really just got tired of the tubular front handguard that chassis like the AX and the XLR carbon offers. I also got a bit tired of explaining to the old boys on the range that, no my bolt action rifle is not capable of full auto firing. So, personally don't care for the tubed front ends, and I have no use for it. That is why the KRG takes the crown as far as I am concerned.

The pick between a XLR element and the KRG Wt-3 would be a bit harder, but only a little bit...

Where did you get you mcmillen from?Who did your paint work? Nice rig!
My semi custom .223 Tikka T3
1:8 twist 25" true flight barrel,
McMillen A3-5 stock,
Third eye tactical bottom metal,
AI 10 round mags,
UK Gunworks rings,
Polished and lightened trigget set at 1lb,
Hawke Sidewinder 4-16x50 scope,
Aim Zonic compact moderator.

Useing 75gr amax at 3030fps average.

487yd group

Tikka T3 Picture Thread.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408101784.228309.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408101808.366968.jpg

My Tikka Sporter .308 with target plate group at 500 meters.

3 rounds under .5 MOA

Last edited:
I'm very happy with my T3 super varmint in 308 win, it's heavy but not too much and it's very accurate out of the box, I'm having my barrel cut to 20" on Monday as it's a bit too long for my hunting.
azudyhyq.jpg
yha4atu3.jpg

Now with 19,7" barrel
gygu7uhe.jpg
qy4epe3u.jpg

My Tikka T3 lite SS hunting rifle in 30-06:

With handloads: Hornady 168gr HPBT over 55gr of Alliant RL-17
Here is the target at 100yrds.

What does that rubber ring do besides looking stupid [emoji57]

My left handed T3 in 300 WSM.

Added rail, rings, bolt knob, Simms recoil pad and a spray can paint/camo job.

All done it is just under 9 pounds unloaded. Very nice shooter.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    294.4 KB · Views: 46
Have you shot that '06 w/o the rubber donut?
Yes, but it was maybe just after I bought the rifle. and I was just a novice shooter. The rubber anti-vibration helps with follow up shots.
Mine Tikka has limb saver exact pad. Without my shoulder got bruised at around 40rd.

Last edited:
Added a few upgrades since I first posted. First I added a Mountain Tactical Gen 2 Elite rail and Seekins Precision rings. Then an Atlas BT 15 pic rail and the Atlas bipod. And a Sims recoil pad.

Dude! If that's Highlander and burnt bronze c'kote, it's exactly what I'm planning to do with my CTR if it ever gets here!

Look up the user "cannoncrossfire" right here on the hide.
He makes these bolt handels, and a few other styles too. Good guy to deal with and the quality of the handle is superb.

I've tried sending PMs to [MENTION=60573]cannoncrossfire[/MENTION] but haven't gotten a response. Does anyone have alternate contact info form him?

Thanks!!