• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

For tips to save on tikka firearms and accessories find a beretta platinum dealer. They typically sell all beretta (tikka) included at wholesale prices just FYI if know has said it

I've had my Tikka T3x TAC A1 for about two years and it is by far the most accurate rifle I own. I built another rifle on a trued Rem 700 action and spent a lot more money on additional components. When I compare the two, the Tikka still comes out on top! This is my lesson in economics.......

Will shoot this for the first time tomorrow but this has been awhile in the making...Manners PRS-TK1, left hand (first one in Australia), factory trigger with Yo Dave spring, Mullerworks medium palma 1:7.75 twist finished at 24" and cerakoted, Vortex AMG with MOA reticle in a Spuhr 3001 mount sitting on a Ken Farrel 30moa rail. Went with an Arca Swiss rail and picked up one of the new Atlas CAL bipods. She's chambered in 6XC and I've got a 419 Hellfire brake to go next week. Load development starts tomorrow with 105gr Lapua Scenar L, RDFs and Berger VLDs all getting a run in front of H4350. Oh yes, the action has also been cerakoted and the bolt microslicked. It has a Sterk titanium pineapple bolt handle and titanium shroud.

IMG_20190606_161438.jpg

Last edited:
Will shoot this for the first time tomorrow but this has been awhile in the making...Manners PRS-TK1, left hand (first one in Australia), factory trigger with Yo Dave spring, Mullerworks medium palma 1:7.75 twist finished at 24" and cerakoted, Vortex AMG with MOA reticle in a Spuhr 3001 mount sitting on a Ken Farrel 30moa rail. Went with an Arca Swiss rail and picked up one of the new Atlas CAL bipods. She's chambered in 6XC and I've got a 419 Hellfire brake to go next week. Load development starts tomorrow with 105gr Lapua Scenar L, RDFs and Berger VLDs all getting a run in front of H4350.View attachment 7091578
Looks awesome man. Good luck with the rdf, I dont know anyone that has got them to shoot without flyers. Might want to check out the 112gr barnes and the 107smk. Pointed 107smk are same bc as 105 hybrids and shoot really well, without all the fiddling that hybrids need sometimes.

Looks awesome man. Good luck with the rdf, I dont know anyone that has got them to shoot without flyers. Might want to check out the 112gr barnes and the 107smk. Pointed 107smk are same bc as 105 hybrids and shoot really well, without all the fiddling that hybrids need sometimes.View attachment 7091667

Cheers mate. I've actually got the RDFs to shoot in another 6XC, a Kelbly Atlas in an MPA chassis. Same barrel specs as the new one above - 60 thou jump has them working alright but I did sort them by weight as Nosler has some shocking weight variation with these bullets - a 500 pack resulted in 7 batches with the lightest bullets 104.50gr and the heaviest at 105.20gr for a 0.7gr variation...

Anyone lengthened the bottom of the action on the T3X to accommodate magnum rounds longer than 3.41"???

I have a T3x in 7mm RemMag but I have found shooting the 183 Matchkings and similar loooong VLD rounds which tend to like .020" jump or less.... Due to the 3.41" bottom action length requires me to load them to a point where they jump .1 and longer. .... Or I need to single load them through the ejection port, which sucks.

Starting to dial in the .308 Tac A1. The Hornady Black and ELD was shooting pretty close to each other. Wind was gusty as well, but not bad overall.

Attachments

• 5ACBE55D-A925-49CF-8792-2DBCE77F7BA9.jpeg
    5ACBE55D-A925-49CF-8792-2DBCE77F7BA9.jpeg
    506 KB · Views: 128
  • 9AC91573-3E70-4BD7-A7B3-4831085303B8.jpeg
    9AC91573-3E70-4BD7-A7B3-4831085303B8.jpeg
    565.4 KB · Views: 146
  • D68394C6-F507-4718-A5C1-4632133CB2AB.jpeg
    D68394C6-F507-4718-A5C1-4632133CB2AB.jpeg
    335.2 KB · Views: 118
  • EED53ECE-266D-466B-848E-3E22259F6DED.jpeg
    EED53ECE-266D-466B-848E-3E22259F6DED.jpeg
    392.5 KB · Views: 120
  • 55DFAE8D-2CB5-4383-83A9-17E4EF15F3A6.jpeg
    55DFAE8D-2CB5-4383-83A9-17E4EF15F3A6.jpeg
    364.7 KB · Views: 126
Reactions: viking78
Maybe silly question... if I buy a used T3 in 270.... What all would I need to do to convert to 308? Bolt and action the same so just rebarrell?

Reactions: Raffy
I think maybe the bolt stop as well...

It'll still work with the LA bolt stop. The Tikka T3 CTR with short action calibers uses them for whatever reason and it works just fine. Only drawback is on higher cheek rests (like my KRG Bravo), it will hit the rest before hitting the stop.

Thnks for the info... I just have an opportunity to buy a used 270 somewhat on the cheap and thought it maybe a good way to get into a 308 knowing that I will be dumping the stock and need to have it rebarrelled.

I wish we could buy the T3 actions new by themselves

It'll still work with the LA bolt stop. The Tikka T3 CTR with short action calibers uses them for whatever reason and it works just fine. Only drawback is on higher cheek rests (like my KRG Bravo), it will hit the rest before hitting the stop.

Thnks for the info... I just have an opportunity to buy a used 270 somewhat on the cheap and thought it maybe a good way to get into a 308 knowing that I will be dumping the stock and need to have it rebarrelled.

I wish we could buy the T3 actions new by themselves

No problem. I haven't carried out a rebarreling on a Tikka myself but I have read of others buying Tikka Lites for cheap and changing the barrels right off the bat. Would be pretty cool to get one of the shouldered cf prefits from Proof.

No problem. I haven't carried out a rebarreling on a Tikka myself but I have read of others buying Tikka Lites for cheap and changing the barrels right off the bat. Would be pretty cool to get one of the shouldered cf prefits from Proof.

My thoughts exactly... I just wasnt 100% on the bolt being the same and didnt want to get in over my head

Maybe silly question... if I buy a used T3 in 270.... What all would I need to do to convert to 308? Bolt and action the same so just rebarrell?
Had a Lilja 308 barrel fitted into a 25-06 T3, Atlasworx aics floor plate and PSE carbon E-Tac stock, 3 pos safety. Was a lovely setup but went to fund new projects.
edi
T3 Lilja 308 E-Tac.jpg

I would guess that the reason is TRG-22 magazine which needs the bolt to go further back.

Reactions: Northernjets
First range day out, sighting everything in and after about 30 rounds, started getting the dreaded failure to feed from the unseated magazine issue. I performed the notch mod and the mags, and they seat more firmly now. One of the better groups with crappy Federal.

What are you guys using for factory .308 loads that are grouping well?

Is that neoprene tape on the cheekpad?
Where did you get it?

The sponge paint job is everywhere now.....kinda played out imo. I just rattle canned two colors lone survivor style and was done in 20 minutes.

Reactions: stello1001
I guess I can add my name to this thread, I take delivery of my T3X Tac A1 left hand on Tuesday, I've got my Sterk bolt knob and shroud on the way. I'm just considering optics now, either Burris XTR II or a Steiner? 3X15.

Steiner all the way P4x 4-15 with free rings from DSG. What caliber did you get?

I was shooting on my friends lands yesterday.
half kilometer steel plate on a target.
Roni did shoot with the 260rem and hi´s 223rem.
Roni´s new record distance, old was 300-meters, so hi nearly double the distance :)

I did some suppressor testing with my new Jaki mini sniper.

Nice :cool:.
Im having a TAC A1 in 6.5 creedmoor tomorrow or day after that.
The scope i am putting on this is something wicked, i will let you guys se it when i got it ;)

just got my T3x CTR 24" 6.5 creed today

IMG_20190617_124759314.jpg

my camera is garbage but w.e

is it possible to remove the cheek piece on top? I want to replace it with an adjustable kydex cheek riser.
Congrats on the rifle! Yup, I've seen some fellas do it. Although I dont know how as I've never done it. Sounds like a fun project though.

is it possible to remove the cheek piece on top? I want to replace it with an adjustable kydex cheek riser.

Yes, just carefully pry up the little plastic plug/circle on top and you'll see the screw underneath.

-Stooxie

Reactions: awcmon

IMG_20190617_124759314.jpg

my camera is garbage but w.e

Did your CTR come with the vertical grip module or did you have to buy it from Tikka/Beretta?