• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Could any of you with a Tikka action wrench/socket take a measurement of the flat machined into the end? I need to make one and am curious what the professionals sized the commercial versions like. Thanks in advance!!

besides the cardboard... did you use other shims/bushings? I thought the T3x lite barrel was too small to work effectively in that vise

Does anyone know the difference between the tikka t3x tac and the t3x tact? It appear there are 2 generations of this rifle. Sorry if this is a repeat question.

Does anyone know the difference between the tikka t3x tac and the t3x tact? It appear there are 2 generations of this rifle. Sorry if this is a repeat question.
This one
tikka_t3x__t3x-tact__pov__1.png

And this one?
tikka_t3x__t3x-tact-a1__pov__1.png

Tac a1 is in an adjustable chassis, has a 2 stage trigger, 0 moa rail, 10 round magazine, and is threaded 5/8-24.

The Tact is in a stock, single stage trigger, adjustable cheek piece, most likely 0 moa rail, 5 round magazine, and according to the choose.tikka.fi/usa site is threaded m18x1.

If you want the stock I would say it might be better to go for the ctr. Available stainless, stock, single stage trigger, 10 round magazine, and threaded 5/8-24.

I've seen tac a1, ctr, and lites in stores before. Haven't seen the tact in stores.

Recently purchased a T3x TAC A1 (382L) in 6.5cm. This was a “fun” purchase after reading the glowing reports here and seeing one available locally. Used a Spuhr 3602 to mount a 7-35 ATACR (Mil-XT), also using an Atlas CAL for the bipod. Took it out for the first time today with 140&147 Hornady ELD Match. All of your reviews were spot on, incredibly smooth action. 3 shots to zero. Used stock brake (big son of a gun) while waiting for TBAC CBs to get back in stock to load a U7 on. Was fascinated by the tameness of recoil and little to no movement of the reticle after a shot. Zero chrono data, but had no trouble running out to 600yds under an MOA. Well built, good looking and shoots incredibly well. Incredibly heavy however. Looking forward to getting to know this rifle better and stretching it out w factory ammo!

Recently purchased a T3x TAC A1 (382L) in 6.5cm. This was a “fun” purchase after reading the glowing reports here and seeing one available locally. Used a Spuhr 3602 to mount a 7-35 ATACR (Mil-XT), also using an Atlas CAL for the bipod. Took it out for the first time today with 140&147 Hornady ELD Match. All of your reviews were spot on, incredibly smooth action. 3 shots to zero. Used stock brake (big son of a gun) while waiting for TBAC CBs to get back in stock to load a U7 on. Was fascinated by the tameness of recoil and little to no movement of the reticle after a shot. Zero chrono data, but had no trouble running out to 600yds under an MOA. Well built, good looking and shoots incredibly well. Incredibly heavy however. Looking forward to getting to know this rifle better and stretching it out w factory ammo!
Imagine what you could achieve with a reloaded custom round for your rifle?
😈

Reactions: JLTX
Unreal buy
So the tikka the guy has, I agreed to purchase today. With optics
It’s got the MDT vertical grip, sawtooth rifles arca rail and yodave trigger spring, Hornady match grade dies, mpa self timing muzzle brake, spuhr mount and a bushnell xrs 2 scope for $2200.

I feel like that’s a steal, can’t wait to pick it up. It’ll go nicely with my ctr in a bravo stock.

now I have to decide which one I want to cut down to 16”-18”

So the tikka the guy has, I agreed to purchase today. With optics
It’s got the MDT vertical grip, sawtooth rifles arca rail and yodave trigger spring, Hornady match grade dies, mpa self timing muzzle brake, spuhr mount and a bushnell xrs 2 scope for $2200.

I feel like that’s a steal, can’t wait to pick it up. It’ll go nicely with my ctr in a bravo stock.

now I have to decide which one I want to cut down to 16”-18”
Definitely a steal with all that!

I would chop the tac a1 down. I bought an 18 inch prefit for mine and combined with the folding stock I love how compact it is.

Definitely a steal with all that!

I would chop the tac a1 down. I bought an 18 inch prefit for mine and combined with the folding stock I love how compact it is.
What pre-fit did you go with? I may just wait and change out the barrel after a little while since the round count as already pushing 1000

Where are you ordering these German Gun Stocks from?

Any of the German Gun Stock offerings. I have 3 with the CTR inlet and my son has one with the standard inlet. They all have an aluminum mini chassis that requires no bedding at all. I swap rifles between them and don't have to worry about any zero shift.

This is my Reaper with a Bartlein BugNut barrel in it. Had it in their Ranger before deer season.View attachment 7510572View attachment 7510573

Hey everyone! New to the forum bought a Tikka Tac A1 308 Win. Paired it with a Hawke Frontier 30mm 5-25x56 FFP on a Nightforce unimount 20MOA Base. Looking forward to learning.

Between work and family the time I have available to shooting and reloading is limited. I try to set aside a few hours on a Saturday or Sunday night reloading when the kids are asleep. And a couple hours shooting early in the morning on my days off. Lucklily, I can shoot in my backyard.

***edit***
—Found the reloading 308 section if you still want to answer by all means I’ll take any input from those using the factory tikka barrel—

Is there anyone with a A1 308 that has any personal experience with their barrel favoring particular bullets? I have Sierras, Hornadys, Noslers, and Berger’s ranging from 150-175gr’s plenty of primers that’s not an issue. I’m asking because time is a rare thing and I want to make my workshop time count. I don’t want to develop a load to only find out a lot of guys had poor luck as well.

I should add. I’m not looking for
Load data or recipes. I’m not really into PRS or Benchrest groupings either. I just want to be able to ring steel
1MOA from 100-1k yards proficiently and instinctively. Just seeing what the consensus is on bullet choice with the tikka barrel in mind.

thanks everyone.

CK

Last edited:
Hey everyone! New to the forum bought a Tikka Tac A1 308 Win. Paired it with a Hawke Frontier 30mm 5-25x56 FFP on a Nightforce unimount 20MOA Base. Looking forward to learning.

Between work and family the time I have available to shooting and reloading is limited. I try to set aside a few hours on a Saturday or Sunday night reloading when the kids are asleep. And a couple hours shooting early in the morning on my days off. Lucklily, I can shoot in my backyard.

***edit***
—Found the reloading 308 section if you still want to answer by all means I’ll take any input from those using the factory tikka barrel—

Is there anyone with a A1 308 that has any personal experience with their barrel favoring particular bullets? I have Sierras, Hornadys, Noslers, and Berger’s ranging from 150-175gr’s plenty of primers that’s not an issue. I’m asking because time is a rare thing and I want to make my workshop time count. I don’t want to develop a load to only find out a lot of guys had poor luck as well.

I should add. I’m not looking for
Load data or recipes. I’m not really into PRS or Benchrest groupings either. I just want to be able to ring steel
1MOA from 100-1k yards proficiently and instinctively. Just seeing what the consensus is on bullet choice with the tikka barrel in mind.

thanks everyone.

CK
Welcome.
Must be nice to shoot in the backyard.

Reactions: Ckweigand47
What have you tac guys went to that changed out the tikka chassis? I’m not crazy about it’s looks, might change it out
I dropped my CTR into a TAC chassis. I like how it shoots. Could use a bit more weight up front. I've also had it in a CTR inlet KRG Bravo. If you aren't familiar with the KRG Bravo, it's like a Sako TRG. Minimalist. Modular. I think they look great, shoot great and are a really good value both new and for resale.

I dropped my CTR into a TAC chassis. I like how it shoots. Could use a bit more weight up front. I've also had it in a CTR inlet KRG Bravo. If you aren't familiar with the KRG Bravo, it's like a Sako TRG. Minimalist. Modular. I think they look great, shoot great and are a really good value both new and for resale.
I have a krg bravo on my ctr. Not crazy about it, I like the traditional, McMillan or manners but I’m not dropping $1300 on a stock lol. I want to get the krg enclosed end for my bravo.... but! It’s black and my bravo is green and that combo is ugly as hell together

I am trying to install the MDT Vertical Grip on my T3 Tac A1. I found an old thread mentioning needing a longer metric bolt. Does anyone know the what metric size it requires?

Thanks

I have a krg bravo on my ctr. Not crazy about it, I like the traditional, McMillan or manners but I’m not dropping $1300 on a stock lol. I want to get the krg enclosed end for my bravo.... but! It’s black and my bravo is green and that combo is ugly as hell together
FAIK the enclosed end won't work on a CTR inlet Bravo. Been there tried that. Maybe they've figured out how. If you want to trade your green bravo for my black I'd make that trade.

Been putting together for a few months. Finally settled on:

CTR 6.5 Stainless
KRG Whiskey 3 in Stealth Grey
Spuhr 4602
S&B 3-27

haven't decided on spigot/bipod and/OR just go bags. Would love to to hear opinions on those setups and recs on bipods and bags.

Attachments

• 0C31C9C2-A860-4697-B8D1-19AE8A5074CD.jpeg
    0C31C9C2-A860-4697-B8D1-19AE8A5074CD.jpeg
    446 KB · Views: 158
  • 40828D41-357C-4F0E-BE33-3A1AEBA3B761.jpeg
    40828D41-357C-4F0E-BE33-3A1AEBA3B761.jpeg
    485.3 KB · Views: 154
  • 4ECF6384-F06F-4805-A089-74FE7882CC13.jpeg
    4ECF6384-F06F-4805-A089-74FE7882CC13.jpeg
    556.3 KB · Views: 161

CTR 6.5 Stainless
Spuhr 4602
S&B 3-27

haven't decided on spigot/bipod and/OR just go bags. Would love to to hear opinions on those setups and recs on bipods and bags.
Got an extra spuhr wedge key? I got the same mount as you, second hand and no key :(

Accu Tac or Atlas bipod for sure.

100000 options for rear bags. I have 3-4

I have the wedge it came with only; no spare.

Thinking Atlas 5H

I'm a doltz when it comes to bags; part of me says do the backpack that doubles as a bag.

I just got an email from Kenneth, formerly Vertebrae, now Salamander Tactical: They will hopefully have stock of their Versapod spigot later this week.
It arrived today and I noticed it looked a bit on the short side. This spigot is made specifically for the Spartan Valhalla bipod, making it a couple of millimeters too short so it does not work with the RPS or Versapod bipods.

Back to planning I guess...

Anyone know where a area 419 20 moa rail for a t3x is in stock? I need one for my t3x varmint, but area 419 itself is out of stock.

What’s wrong with the egw?
Honestly, I haven't considered egw. I like the area 419 quality on my t1x and just wanted one for the t3x.
With that said, I may have to settle for another brand. Do you recommend the egw or egw hd? Is it extended or regular length? Best place to purchase that's in stock? Thanks

CTR 6.5 Stainless
Spuhr 4602
S&B 3-27

Atlas bipods are really nice.
Armageddon Gear for bags.

Reactions: holden
Honestly, I haven't considered egw. I like the area 419 quality on my t1x and just wanted one for the t3x.
With that said, I may have to settle for another brand. Do you recommend the egw or egw hd? Is it extended or regular length? Best place to purchase that's in stock? Thanks
I have a egw on my ctr and I have their 20moa rail for the tac1, both are great quality. You won’t be upset with it.

Anybody know the weigh savings per inch cutting the barrel on a T3 Lite?
Not much considering how thin it is.
You can do some pretty rough math for cylinder volume with the numbers below. Steel is 0.284lbs per cubic inch. Remember to subtract bore.

Legend:
Diameter [Dia in mm] back from muzzle {bfm in mm} (barrel length) <bl in mm>

Muzzle 0.616 [15.64] 0 {0} (24.33) <618>
.620 [15.75] 1.358 {34.5} (23) <584.2>
.630 [16] 2.57 {65.28} (21.75) <552.45>
.640 [16.25] 3.81 {96.77} (20.5) <520.7>
.650 [16.5] 5.05 {128.27} (19.25) <488.95>
.660 [16.75] 6.27 {159.25} (18.06) <458.72>
Recommended od for 9/16 shoulder .662 [16.81] 6.625 {168.27} (17.7) <449.58>
0.673 [17.1] 8.08 {205.23} (16.25) <412.75>

Anyone know where a area 419 20 moa rail for a t3x is in stock? I need one for my t3x varmint, but area 419 itself is out of stock.

MDT one is very nice too
i have both their 20moa versions, high version for their full rail on the ESS chassis and the regular 20moa rail for the regular forends
i had a Nightforce 0moa before giving it to my mate
MDT is an option too, plenty of options out there that quality machined

MDT one is very nice too
i have both their 20moa versions, high version for their full rail on the ESS chassis and the regular 20moa rail for the regular forends
i had a Nightforce 0moa before giving it to my mate
MDT is an option too, plenty of options out there that quality machined
I'll check out MDT. Is it extended or receiver length? I much prefer receiver length if possible.

Thanks