• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Safey is on front of the trigger.
trg_trigger_1.jpg

I might need to make those holes to my Whiskey trigger guard too, but it is worth it.

KRG offered a short period time the Midas with a TRG styler safety.
I am not sure, does the SOTIC comes with this type of safety on a rifle, like this picture show.
Would be nice to test one of these rifles.
sotic_9-819x1024.jpg
Keep us updated. I've been considering buying a current midas and switching the safety lever from the factory single stage. If I do that it will void the midas warranty though.

Same. I was actually looking into the TRG trigger but didn't see any for sale or know how much they cost. Being a lefty I'm also kind of wary of modifying the KRG Midas trigger.

I wish the SAKO M10 monopod was not discontinued (export restrictions). I think it would be great for a picatinny rail, if someone would make a similar product.

My first T3X CTR .260Rem is having a new barrel from US.
Krieger SS barrel is coming on this rifle.
M24 contour, and the blank it 28" long.
I thought that i leave is as long it can be, will see what kind of speed monster it will be :)
Factory SS 24" Tikka barrel with 123 Scenar goes close to 3000 fps.
I bet the Krieger will be with 27" barrel 3200fps.
A dollar question, name the scope ;)

F19.JPG

This CTR just keep surprizing me :)
Gunsmith shorten the barrel about 1/2" and made new threads.
139gr Scenar 0.36MOA 5-shots.
These were this day 20-25th shots, so the barrel was not cold.
Also with out a suppressor cover, so there was a bit of mirage from the can.
This rifle has been shot about 6000 rounds.
Could you do it with 6.5CM?
JAKI TI HUNT.jpg

This CTR just keep surprizing me :)
Gunsmith shorten the barrel about 1/2" and made new threads.
139gr Scenar 0.36MOA 5-shots.
These were this day 20-25th shots, so the barrel was not cold.
Also with out a suppressor cover, so there was a bit of mirage from the can.
This rifle has been shot about 6000 rounds.
Could you do it with 6.5CM?
View attachment 7963376
Mine consistently shoots factory ammo under .5moa. When i shoot well, it’ll shoot in the .25 to .35.

Not picky but likes the 140’s better than the 147’s

All you need is a scope, most of the junk attached to CTRs just makes me laugh
Spend your money and ammo, not gimmicks and you will outperform the fancy pants crowd in no time
I have always been a pistol, shotgun, carbine guy so this is my first foray into long distance marksmanship. With a good scope, rings and maybe a bipod, I am sure the rifle's capabilities will outshine mine for quite some time.

I have always been a pistol, shotgun, carbine guy so this is my first foray into long distance marksmanship. With a good scope, rings and maybe a bipod, I am sure the rifle's capabilities will outshine mine for quite some time.
Don't forget bags! I have a buddy that got rid of his bipods and just uses front-bag/backpack and a rear bag.

Last edited:
My first T3X CTR .260Rem is having a new barrel from US.
Krieger SS barrel is coming on this rifle.
M24 contour, and the blank it 28" long.
I thought that i leave is as long it can be, will see what kind of speed monster it will be :)
Factory SS 24" Tikka barrel with 123 Scenar goes close to 3000 fps.
I bet the Krieger will be with 27" barrel 3200fps.
A dollar question, name the scope ;)

View attachment 7962806
Appears to be a 44mm Vortex... possibly a 3-18 Viper ?

Reactions: viking78
Glad to hear I'm not the only one doing this, I managed to snap it off by hand on my bolt. First round jammed on the feed ramp, I gave it a tap with my hand thinking it was just tight coming out of the magazine and I guess the rest is history. Thankfully it's all fixed up now, a friend with a welder got it looking like new for me.

View attachment 7957214

ooof, yeah it's definitely a weak spot there and LRI called it out and reinforced that area on their aftermarket bolts. I tried to have mine tig welded with less luck unfortunately. The bolt handle won't fit in the dovetail anymore.

On another note, can anyone recommend a good muzzle break for the T3x .308 CTR? I've seen other threads about the heathen muzzle brakes. I bought the gamma VG6 but It doesn't time well and I don't think it was a good match or worth getting the gunsmith to have it timed properly. Some other people told me not to trust self timing brakes and to get it properly installed by a gunsmith.

PXL_20220925_220833206.jpg

ooof, yeah it's definitely a weak spot there and LRI called it out and reinforced that area on their aftermarket bolts. I tried to have mine tig welded with less luck unfortunately. The bolt handle won't fit in the dovetail anymore.

On another note, can anyone recommend a good muzzle break for the T3x .308 CTR? I've seen other threads about the heathen muzzle brakes. I bought the gamma VG6 but It doesn't time well and I don't think it was a good match or worth getting the gunsmith to have it timed properly. Some other people told me not to trust self timing brakes and to get it properly installed by a gunsmith.

View attachment 7965717
On the brake pretty much anything Area 419 makes is excellent on the self timing and effectiveness. If the size relative to your barrel profile bothers you and/or will be mounting a suppressor in the future Dead Air Keymo brakes are nice. Sorry about your bolt dude.

Last edited:
Reactions: zoglog
I use Area 419 and the Browning Recoil Hawg...but the Ultradyne brakes can easily be timed too.

Reactions: zoglog
thanks I'll look at Area 419. Don't need suppressor mount since in one of those states that will never allow them.
I think the CTR is 5/8-24 right?

I have the exact opposite problem funnily enough, the bolt handle likes to wiggle out and start to bind up on the firing pin when shooting. I'm wondering if I should be trying to put some Loctite in it or something, it takes a few magazines for it to start working it's way out. Something I'll have to work with unfortunately, I'm not in the US so getting an LRI bolt isn't straightforward and factory bolts are prohibitively expensive.

Hey All, wondering if anyone has purchased a CTR in 6.5PRC. Just wondering if there is a 10 round mag available as they come standard with 4.

Anybody know if they ever made a t3x either in varmint or CTR, any of the heavier barrel models really, in 22-250 with an 8 twist to sell in the states?

I know I've seen some with a 14 twist, but really, who wants a 14 twist these days?

Anybody know if they ever made a t3x either in varmint or CTR, any of the heavier barrel models really, in 22-250 with an 8 twist to sell in the states?

I know I've seen some with a 14 twist, but really, who wants a 14 twist these days?
Super varmit is the ideal Tikka, and it Looks like its available in 22-250 x 8 twist, although I'm guessing this is a special order.

Super varmit is the ideal Tikka, and it Looks like its available in 22-250 x 8 twist, although I'm guessing this is a special order.

So based on that website, I know they did make it in the 8 twist. However, that is the Finland website...

That rifle looks freaking awesome though!

Reactions: Charlie112
I have the exact opposite problem funnily enough, the bolt handle likes to wiggle out and start to bind up on the firing pin when shooting. I'm wondering if I should be trying to put some Loctite in it or something, it takes a few magazines for it to start working it's way out. Something I'll have to work with unfortunately, I'm not in the US so getting an LRI bolt isn't straightforward and factory bolts are prohibitively expensive.

I think I've seen Tikka stock bolts for the same price as the LRI bolt. Maybe more expensive in your country though. I decided to go LRI because might as well get it fleuted if I have to change it for fun

Safey is on front of the trigger.
trg_trigger_1.jpg

I might need to make those holes to my Whiskey trigger guard too, but it is worth it.

KRG offered a short period time the Midas with a TRG styler safety.
I am not sure, does the SOTIC comes with this type of safety on a rifle, like this picture show.
Would be nice to test one of these rifles.

Just because I didn't see anyone chime in - my SOTIC is a 000XX S/N and came with the safety style pictured here with the lever at the front of the trigger guard. No complaints with my SOTIC. It's wearing a 6CM barrel from Bartlein now (chambered by SPR/Bugholes), there was still some life left in the original Broughton. That barrel was (is?) special - shot all manner of different ammo into tiny groups, hot or cold. I'm OCONUS at the moment, so if you find yourself swinging through Florida you can keep my SOTIC from getting lonely ;-).

Reactions: viking78
Tikka T3x Viel Wideland
.300 win mag
MDT LSS XL gen 2 chassis
Maven RS4 5-30x56 optic
20MOA canted rail
Nightforce rings
Harris bipod
AI style brake manufactured here in Australia

Bought all the bits and put her together at home. Still getting to know her but so far really happy! Home spray job aswell.

Attachments

• 20220821_164016.jpg
    20220821_164016.jpg
    392.4 KB · Views: 217
  • 20220821_121552.jpg
    20220821_121552.jpg
    402.4 KB · Views: 220
Where do I get the camo whiskey 3 forends? I’ve not seen them anywhere. Is it a custom rig everyone is doing or something discontinued through KRG

And has anyone purchased the W-3 on Black Friday and go the factory 2nd? Is it worth saving the money or should I just order one at full price

Last edited:
Where do I get the camo whiskey 3 forends? I’ve not seen them anywhere. Is it a custom rig everyone is doing or something discontinued through KRG
Custom painted. You can get whatever color you want that way. Some people rattle can it themselves. Others send it out.

Reactions: Tonyh606
Wondering if anybody could confirm if the 223 factory plastic magazine fit the longer 77 SMK/TMK cartridges?

And has anyone purchased the W-3 on Black Friday and go the factory 2nd? Is it worth saving the money or should I just order one at full price
Go with the full price, you might need to wait for a while the blemish ones.
Cerakote company does this kind of quality, last like a bubblegum in a hair.
I have all my KRG chassies cerakoted these days, i had sponge spayed camo, but paint aint durable, it does strip off quite easily, specially on metal parts.
K12.JPG