• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

A9198B0C-27D2-4FD9-8460-F89219608AF2.jpeg

Im cleaning out my safe. I have a tikka 3 tactical, factory stock but dipped in multi cam, 20in br, 308, factory brake, 3 5 rd mags, super sniper scope 10x42, warren rings. Rifle has never been fired. What would be a fair price to ask for this set up?

Go with the full price, you might need to wait for a while the blemish ones.
Cerakote company does this kind of quality, last like a bubblegum in a hair.
I have all my KRG chassies cerakoted these days, i had sponge spayed camo, but paint aint durable, it does strip off quite easily, specially on metal parts.
View attachment 7975598
That is a great looking setup. Really digging that cerakote job.

Reactions: viking78
How did you score TRG trigger(s)?
It i nice, but i think that the KRG Midas is better, thought the TRG trigger aint far away from the Midas, same style feeling, and no play after the braking point.
Almost a drop in if you use a KRG chassis :)
Had to remove just a bit of the trigger shoe, where the screw head is, maybe a 3mm.

It i nice, but i think that the KRG Midas is better, thought the TRG trigger aint far away from the Midas, same style feeling, and no play after the braking point.
Almost a drop in if you use a KRG chassis :)
Had to remove just a bit of the trigger shoe, where the screw head is, maybe a 3mm.
Cheers, Did you buy/order direct from Sako?

Reactions: viking78
Working on the tripod setup, went with a 404c bc it was on sale and had the thicc legs. So far so good, very stable and lots of travel. I'll probably get a RRS at some point and relegate this one to spotting but not in a hurry.

Threw a RRS anvil on there and whew, saved a ton of weight over the ball head and adjustments are so much better/faster/easier!
52437492291_0213a7c0bc_b.jpg

Tikka T3x CTR
6.5 Creedmoor
Krieger barrel
Midas trigger
Krg Bravo chassi + spigot
Magpul bipod

Shoots amazing.
Keeps steady under .25 MOA at 300 m, 10 shot groups.

Attachments

• 20221009_094033-01.jpeg
    20221009_094033-01.jpeg
    1,023.2 KB · Views: 136
I'd like to see even two of those groups side by side on the same piece of paper.

Not saying your gun doesn't shoot well, but if you've found the recipe, then we all can stop buying TacOps rifles for $8k...
Maybe you can 🤔
I've seen regular Sauer STR keep it really tight at regular prone competitions.

But sure, I'll play this game with you, sir. I'll take some pics after my hunting weekend. Hopefully you won't have to pay 8k for a gun.

Have a nice evening though

Reactions: Bakwa
PSE rifle stocks is nice and lightweight! I love mine 😍
Thinking of getting one for my tikka. How do they hold up to scratching? I have an A5 and an AG Composites that are not looking great, hoping PSE is better.

My brother has a Tikka T3x Lite Veil Alpine in 6.5 PRC on the way. He’s excited. I’m the ammunition source so I have 143 ELDX on the way to go along with my stash of R26.

We’ll see. I’d love to find some 156 Berger EOL bullets but they’re hen’s teeth right now.

P

That rifle there, is the closest you can get to the Sako TRG from the Tikka action.
They say, that Tikka T3/X Tactical was build to a over Sako TRG barrel.
That is one fine build from Finland, makes me a broud, would love to own one of these.
But i am a wild one, i want to brake it in to a pieces, and then build it again.

Reactions: CaptNemo and Bakwa
^Thanks. Yeah, I had a TRG-22 (which I sold like a dope) and this gun does seem very similar. I don't know if it's the finish or the feel, but it's there. I wish I could find a McMillan or Manners to throw it in, as I'm not really a chassis guy.

Buddy and I picked up a pair of 24" 65cm ctr's for shooting factory NRL hunter this next season. Going to add light weight arca rails that utilize the 2 factory mounting points on the forend, srs ti pro3 brakes. Tune the triggers down with yodave springs. I have a 20oz lightweight double pull Ckyepod. This leaves me with 2.3# remaining for optics. Plan to install a a419 20moa rail and run my March 4.5-28x52 in nightforce 1.37" ultralite rings.

Reactions: NewsShooter
This might be a really dumb question..... I know the Tikka have a smaller breech. Are you guys using barrels that have an 1.20 or even 1.25 size breeches? I am wondering about buying a proof blank but not sure if something like their M24 contour would just look really stupid installed on the Tikka.
I machine the radius off the front of my Tikka actions, then use a 1.200" shank barrel.
And no, I don't care about prefits, because I only use a barrel not to save a re-purposed barrel.

Odd question when you guys dry fire a tikka is the bolt handle suppose to bounce like a rem700 or does the handle drop down? I seen a post and can’t find it about the tikka bolt dropping on dry fire.

Why would it drop and not bounce? Or vice Versa?

20210626_150116.jpg

Tikka t3x CTR:

Vortex Razor gen ii 4.5-27x56
Spuhr 9mil one piece ring base 34mm
Ergo Vertical Grip
Dead Air Keymo suppressor Mount for a custom form 1 titanium suppressor
XLR Envy chassis
Replaced bolt throw lever with an acorn
Factory trigger set at 1.3 lb

I think that's it for the upgrades. I have hit the 1700 yard plate with this rifle multiple times. I've had a note card at a thousand yards three times back to back. The performance of this rifle has impressed the hell out of me and I definitely recommend one.

What would be the cause of a tikka bolt handle bouncing? My tikka bounces about 50% of the time. I’m trying to figure out what’s wrong with my tikka?

What would be the cause of a tikka bolt handle bouncing? My tikka bounces about 50% of the time. I’m trying to figure out what’s wrong with my tikka?
Chassis or stock? Ive had to modify several aftermarket tikka stocks that didn't allow the bolt to be fully closed ti the point of metal on metal closure.

Chassis or stock? Ive had to modify several aftermarket tikka stocks that didn't allow the bolt to be fully closed ti the point of metal on metal closure.
MPA BA comp chassis. The bolt fully closes from what I can tell.

With some having run larger (1.2-1.25”) shank barrels on their builds, is machining off the radius on the action face necessary to do so? I’d guess yes but wanted to ask

Proof, McGowen, and Carbon Six all make Tikka T3 shouldered prefits. FYI
Yup I was looking at Carbon Six earlier actually. Only thing keeping me from jumping on a Tikka is the lack of left hand bolt assemblies (for now at least) to do a switch barrel setup like you have with some of your builds

Reactions: reubenski