• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

I ordered one in 6XC. How did you order a Medium palma? According to Greg the barrels he will be using are only Savage small shank and of those there is only two contours: Varmint and Target. I went with Target which is a bit heavy for what I want but the Varmint is too thin for my purpose. I know a barrel shank can be turned down in size but he is not offering that option in the original price.
Update: Talked to Greg, he will be turning down a Marksman barrel for me. Awesome.

Reactions: coltm4
Update: Talked to Greg, he will be turning down a Marksman barrel for me. Awesome.

I am having the same done. Turn down a Marksman as well. I realized the Medium Palma may be a tad bit on the thin side for what i want to do. I plan on hanging a can off the end and could use the extra stiffness/material.

Reactions: dannySH
24in CTR in 6.5 creedmoor, Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP, seekins high rings and Harris Bipod. My first true dedicated long range bolt gun and not just another hunting rifle.
ihave that in 308, my best shooter, best rifle for the money i think

Tried some of the Sig 6.5 ammo today at 200m with the Tac A1. Not my best shooting but, pretty pleased for factory ammo. First 3 on the bottom were sighters.

Attachments

• 20180514_152642.jpg
    20180514_152642.jpg
    742 KB · Views: 63
Sorry, had the settings wrong on distance. 200m, not 300m

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180514-175913.jpg
    Screenshot_20180514-175913.jpg
    440.9 KB · Views: 53
Hoping someone on here can help me out with a question. I have a T3x CTR 6.5CM rifle and am going to put a Vortex Razor HD Gen2 4.5-27x56 on it, but I'm not sure about ring height. I plan on using Vortex Precision rings, but not sure if I should be purchasing the 1" or 1.1" rings. I will be using Defender caps on the scope as well.

Anyone have this setup that can tell me which size rings work best?

I tryed to my new 308win CTR KRG Bravo set my 260rem CTR scope setup.
I have Kahles K624 and Spuhr 1,35" mount.
There was about 15mm cap between the stock barrel and the scope, i use Vortex defender caps on the scope.
If you are planning to change the barrel to your rifle, to bull barrel or so, i think that 1,1" is ok to your setup, and you are still able to open those caps.
Too tight setup is not good.
tikka&krg&kahles.jpg

Hoping someone on here can help me out with a question. I have a T3x CTR 6.5CM rifle and am going to put a Vortex Razor HD Gen2 4.5-27x56 on it, but I'm not sure about ring height. I plan on using Vortex Precision rings, but not sure if I should be purchasing the 1" or 1.1" rings. I will be using Defender caps on the scope as well.

Anyone have this setup that can tell me which size rings work best?

This is my 6.5 CM with Vortex Razor HD II 4.5-27 in Seekins 1.0 in high rings.

Attachments

• Vortex.jpg
    Vortex.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 163
Reactions: cnk
There is enough cleareance for that barrel, no problems with that.
Nice set up there.
Have you got plans to update the stock?
Check out all the mount screws after couple of shooting session, mine get a bit loose.
You could also use blue loctite on the screws.

There is enough cleareance for that barrel, no problems with that.
Nice set up there.
Have you got plans to update the stock?
Check out all the mount screws after couple of shooting session, mine get a bit loose.
You could also use blue loctite on the screws.

Actually thinking about the KRG Bravo stock that you have in your pic. Just can't decide between black or Sako green.

The beast has new clothes...
I bucked the trend towards chassis and went with a Bell & Carlson Target/Competition stock. I had one on my Rem 700 and it just felt right. The Tikka action and CTR bottom metal dropped right in. Can't wait for the rain to let up so I can get out and bang some steel.

20180518_Tikka2.jpg
Tikka T3x CTR 6.5 Creedmoor w/24" bbl
Bell & Carlson Target/Competition Stock
Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50mm FFP MRAD
Vortex Precision Matched Rings - Medium
Atlas bipod
YoDave trigger return spring for 1 lb 1.5 oz tigger weight.
Griffin Recce 7 Silencer (not shown)
Griffin Taper Mount brake

Don't forget to report back, I'm on the fence between this and a KRG bravo and would like to hear some feedback on the B&C.

Reactions: Big Bo
I bucked the trend towards chassis and went with a Bell & Carlson Target/Competition stock. I had one on my Rem 700 and it just felt right. The Tikka action and CTR bottom metal dropped right in. Can't wait for the rain to let up so I can get out and bang some steel.

View attachment 6905178 Tikka T3x CTR 6.5 Creedmoor w/24" bbl
Atlas bipod

I completely forgot B&C make this stock. Looks like "the wife" will need a tikka in the near future.

Reactions: fxdrider
20180518_172635.jpg
I got a timney for my match rifle to play around with and try out. The little bit of dry firing I've done, it's a great trigger. There is a little bit of creep on the second stage right before it breaks, I'm going to see if I can adjust it out but we will see.

Reactions: Vapor6 and PBWalsh
10 round sting with Hornady American gunner out of my T3X 6.5 in W3 chassis. Stuff shoots great for not being "match grade". Please excuse the couple flyers, I was going for speed on this string
Just installed the Elay spring and it feels amazing.

Reactions: Elay Precision
Anarchy outdoors just sent me in a bolt shroud for review. They are seeing the popularity with tikka rise and are pumping out products. Great time to get it in since my new load development is around the corner. I will report back once I have some time behind it.

20180519_132500.jpg

Pictured from left to right, Factory Steel shroud, Anarchy Bolt Shroud and finally the Sterk Gen1.

20180519_135853.jpg

View attachment 6905319I got a timney for my match rifle to play around with and try out. The little bit of dry firing I've done, it's a great trigger. There is a little bit of creep on the second stage right before it breaks, I'm going to see if I can adjust it out but we will see.
What weight can that go down to?
I like a 10 oz trigger but am having trouble finding one that will do that for a Tikka.

Anarchy outdoors just sent me in a bolt shroud for review. They are seeing the popularity with tikka rise and are pumping out products. Great time to get it in since my new load development is around the corner. I will report back once I have some time behind it.

View attachment 6905406

Pictured from left to right, Factory Steel shroud, Anarchy Bolt Shroud and finally the Sterk Gen1.

View attachment 6905407

Definitely like the look of the Anarchy over the other two. Hmmmmmm......

What weight can that go down to?
I like a 10 oz trigger but am having trouble finding one that will do that for a Tikka.

The first stage is adjustable from 8oz to 1lb, then the second stage is adjustable from 1lb too 2.5lb.

i just ordered a 40 moa picatinny rail from anarchy outdoors for my 6.5 saum tikka. right now it has a 0 moa rail and i'm at 19 mils of 35 on my S&B Ultra short 5-20.

I’d humbly suggest considering the Sterk Gen II Ti bolt shroud. Definitely an improvement VS the Gen I.

Attachments

• 46241ED3-1A5D-4218-9931-46119D1BD1A4.jpeg
    46241ED3-1A5D-4218-9931-46119D1BD1A4.jpeg
    290.5 KB · Views: 57
I’d humbly suggest considering the Sterk Gen II Ti bolt shroud. Definitely an improvement VS the Gen I.

I currently run Sterk shrouds on both my 6.5 and 223. But anarchy is a local company to me and I'm helping to get their name out there. I do love the Gen2 sterk though, they look way good.

tevan0707 said, But anarchy is a local company to me and I'm helping to get their name out there.

Exactly and better pricing too

tevan0707 said, But anarchy is a local company to me and I'm helping to get their name out there.

I don't know much about this stuff, but 'better pricing' could be because the Sterk shrouds are Titanium (not Aluminium) so is a better material, more expensive material, and takes longer to CNC machine. Also is Cerakoted not Anodised.
P.S. The latest batch is now ready.

That is true, but we also aren't comparing Apple's to apples when comparing the sterk and anarchy. Both are awesome shrouds, however the Anarchy shroud is aluminum and the Sterk is titanium.

I don't know much about this stuff, but 'better pricing' could be because the Sterk shrouds are Titanium (not Aluminium) so is a better material, more expensive material, and takes longer to CNC machine. Also is Cerakoted not Anodised.

Exactly! I'm anxiously awaiting your invoice for this latest batch. The FDE shroud and handle will.look great with my J Allen I have coming!!

Batch looks great! Looking forward to my invoice!

Oh man. It’s getting close now. That batch looks awesome! Cant wait to get my handle and Gen 2 shroud.

View attachment 6905178 Tikka T3x CTR 6.5 Creedmoor w/24" bbl
Atlas bipod

Very nice.
Shameless plug: I just listed that stock's twin in the classifieds.

Definitely like the look of the Anarchy over the other two. Hmmmmmm......
I see anarchy went from $49.99 to $79.98 in a matter of days on these. They also had the swept bolt handle listed at $39.99 and raised it to $44.99

I see anarchy went from $49.99 to $79.98 in a matter of days on these. They also had the swept bolt handle listed at $39.99 and raised it to $44.99

I just spoke with Aaron over at Anarchy outdoors. The price of the shroud was a mistake, it is supposed to be in the $50 range. He is going to change it tonight. As for the handles, he runs a sale every now and then hence the price difference.

Last edited:
Considering the following:
CTR 6.5 24” SS

How bad is the original stock? Would upgrade eventually with Bravo and PVA or other prefit barrel.

Talk me into this vs the Bergara B-14 or doing something crazy like ordering JH from PVA.

Shooting will be hunting and shooting at the range. No comps.

Or could try to replace barrel and stock on my RAP but pretty much decided that is not worth the money.

I have read all 45 pages of this thread and basically looking for confirmation that for my intended use slowly upgrading around the Tikka action will do more than I need or could want.

Tikka’s the way to go. The CTR stock is completely servicable until you decide you want to upgrade.

The buttery smooth action and factory trigger is worth investing in and there’s so much aftermarket support for them now you can stick with it for as long as you want.

I’d get the CTR and just shoot the hell out of it. Once you’re ready for a new barrel you’ll still have a great platform.

Reactions: 260284 and coltm4
Considering the following:
CTR 6.5 24” SS

How bad is the original stock? Would upgrade eventually with Bravo and PVA or other prefit barrel.

Talk me into this vs the Bergara B-14 or doing something crazy like ordering JH from PVA.

Shooting will be hunting and shooting at the range. No comps.

Or could try to replace barrel and stock on my RAP but pretty much decided that is not worth the money.

I have read all 45 pages of this thread and basically looking for confirmation that for my intended use slowly upgrading around the Tikka action will do more than I need or could want.
With the latest batch of cheaper custom actions about to hit the market, I honestly don't think buying a Tikka with the intention of using it as a basis for a custom build is good idea. If I were you, I'd buy a Tikka if I intended to keep it mostly factory, with the possible exception of changing the stock. However, if you plan to replace a lot of other parts - trigger, bolt handle, bolt shroud, rail, etc, you'll quickly find yourself in custom action territory as far as the cost. Except custom actions will offer you higher build quality, more features, and a much wider aftermarket compatibility.

Tikkas shoot great out of the box, and unlike the Nucleus(and JH) or Origin, or Tenacity, or even the Bergara HMR Pro, they are readily available. I just started reloading for my .223 Varmint, and it legitimately seems to shoot 0.5 MOA with my reloads. The rifle is completely stock, the only thing I've done is free float the barrel.

With the latest batch of cheaper custom actions about to hit the market, I honestly don't think buying a Tikka with the intention of using it as a basis for a custom build is good idea. If I were you, I'd buy a Tikka if I intended to keep it mostly factory, with the possible exception of changing the stock. However, if you plan to replace a lot of other parts - trigger, bolt handle, bolt shroud, rail, etc, you'll quickly find yourself in custom action territory as far as the cost. Except custom actions will offer you higher build quality, more features, and a much wider aftermarket compatibility.

Tikkas shoot great out of the box, and unlike the Nucleus(and JH) or Origin, or Tenacity, or even the Bergara HMR Pro, they are readily available. I just started reloading for my .223 Varmint, and it legitimately seems to shoot 0.5 MOA with my reloads. The rifle is completely stock, the only thing I've done is free float the barrel.
I have 3 Tikka actions dedicated as "switch barrels" in 6.5 CM, 6.5x47 Lapua and 6XC and a 4th one that still remains stock (6.5CM CTR) The switch barrel ones have PVA nut barrels and Bugholes bugnut barrels. I made them during the las three years using factory Tikkas as donors that cost me around $450 each, just had to add the rails, bolt handles and Yodave or Elay springs (less than $100 of added parts) All of them shoot less than 3/8 MOA with my handloads. I did all these before the new budged friendly actions like Nucleus and Origin came out to the market. Should I' do it again now? Its difficult to say but I think I'll do it. Price wise Im spending half of the price, and performance wise IMHO I don't think I could get better accuracy and repeatability that what I'm getting right now with my Tikkas.

Last edited:

You get a chance to shoot it in this setup yet?
I too am curious as to what it can do with that B&C stock and if you think it's noticeably different from the original stock.

You get a chance to shoot it in this setup yet?
I too am curious as to what it can do with that B&C stock and if you think it's noticeably different from the original stock.

Not yet. Life keeps getting in the way. I actually liked the factory stock. I had good results with it. But I like an adjustable cheek rest - which the factory stock doesn't have, and no matter how much I tried, I just couldn't get past the flexible forestock on the factory unit. I hope to get out next week and shoot it. Will post results.

image1(1).jpeg

Finally got everything together on my build.
  • 7mm-08 Light Palma from PVA
  • Q Trash Panda
  • McMillan Game Scout
  • Mountain Tactical Rail, Trigger Guard, Billet Magazine and bolt knob
  • Seekins Rings for the Razer GEN 2
  • Bolt Fluted by LRI
  • Still need to send the barrel and receiver/trigger guard off to get coated in Texas Tan