• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

no opinion on the Tunney other than I see no need. I am very pleased with the stock and YoDave spring adjusted out like 6.5 Cravemoor spoke. Mine is just above a pound and very nice. I don’t see a reason to spend more for what is already a great trigger. Unless of course you really want a two stage. :)

I just finished my build. Tikka CTR, MPA COMP chassis, Sig Tango Six with Spuhr Mount, and APA Little Bastard break. Am very happy with the out of the box accuracy. Doubt this will be my last Tikka.

8B5BB2E3-E033-425C-A54F-3DE6BC629BB5.jpeg

No opinion on the Timney other than I see no need. I am very pleased with the stock and YoDave spring adjusted out like 6.5 Cravemoor spoke. Mine is just above a pound and very nice. I don’t see a reason to spend more for what is already a great trigger. Unless of course you really want a two stage. :)

I just finished my build. Tikka CTR, MPA COMP chassis, Sig Tango Six with Spuhr Mount, and APA Little Bastard break. Am very happy with the out of the box accuracy. Doubt this will be my last Tikka.

8b5bb2e3-e033-425c-a54f-3de6bc629bb5-jpeg.6907768

How many has the new Timney 2-stage trigger?
Opinions needed :)

I just installed my timney 2 weeks ago, and today I was finally able to put some live rounds down range with it. Dry firing it, there is some noticable creep on the second stage and I dealt with it. At the range today, that creep started to bug me. I'm just going to have to get used to it I guess. I'm going to try and adjust it out. I got the trigger off with a 50% cert, had I not had that and had to pay full price I probably wouldn't do it.

I still have the stock trigger with the yo Dave trigger spring. My local gun store guy also gave it a turn or so to the lighter side. It’s gotta be close to a 1lb 1.5lb pull tops. It’s super light and catches me off guard more times then not. I’m happy with it
I have tried the Yo Dave and it's also a bit over 1lb. I'd prefer a bit under. The Davies that I'm trying is down to 12-14 oz, but there's some creep in there. I like Triggertech but they don't make them for Tikkas.

I just installed my timney 2 weeks ago, and today I was finally able to put some live rounds down range with it. Dry firing it, there is some noticable creep on the second stage and I dealt with it. At the range today, that creep started to bug me. I'm just going to have to get used to it I guess. I'm going to try and adjust it out. I got the trigger off with a 50% cert, had I not had that and had to pay full price I probably wouldn't do it.

I have two and neither has any creep whatsoever - sounds like you may have a dud on your hands.

The Accurate mags won't let you load as long as the MDT mags. I sold 2 Accurate .223 mags and went to the MDTs.
You have to take the Accurate mags apart and mill/file them for longer OAL so out of the box the MDT are the easiest option

MDT AICS mags are great.
I have few of these now, and im not going back to accurate mags, cheaper too.
Magazine where is no binder plate is also a great, if you load your ammo and try to get the bullets to the lands, this magazine is made for that use.
And MDT magazine is smalle on size, than Accurate mag is, whics is nice.

Don't forget that the rail also has pins holding it on the receiver. I used a rubber mallet and tapped the sides to help separate it after removing the screws and being generous with the heat.
There loctite glue under the rail too, and the recoil pins are also in the rail.
But if you manage to remove the screws, the rail should come off there too.
Thin carpet knife plate under the rail and try to move the blade under the rail, i did remove one rail like so.

Heat plus the rubber mallet worked. I'm convinced the rubber mallet did something, since I had more heat on it to remove the screws than I when I took off the rail. Thanks guys.

Any good remedies for the left over epoxy/glue on the top of the receiver?

So I am looking at purchasing the Tikka T3X Tac A1

http://www.tikka.fi/rifles/tikka-t3x/t3x-tac-a1

Would you recommend this for the beginner in PRS ?

Also should I go 260 Rem or 6.5 CM... I have done some reloading but my time to do reloading is limited

260 Rem factory match ammo is not nearly as easy to find as 6.5 CM and 6.5 factory match ammo is available in far more loadings (hunting and plinking ammo too).

260rem is very easy to reload, and if you are going to PRS, you deffo will start to reload.
I dont know many guys that shoots factory ammo in competition, unless you are some brand sponsored.
260rem brass is also easy to modified with 243win and 308win, last one you might need to neck turn, if you have a custom made barrel with tight chamber.
And with Lapua Palma brass you can mod your ammo to use small primer and hold better pressure, and 260rem will feet better cartridge to the chamber than steep shoulder cartridge.

Reactions: coltm4
I bought my CTR as a 260 and switched to 6.5 when I re-barreled. No difference in feeding out of the CTR mags between the 2. I reloaded with Lapua brass for the 260 and am using the Peterson brass for my creedmoor. Less brass growth/less trimming with the creedmoor than with the 260. I feel like the creedmoor is more efficient than the 260 was, but I won't know until I try the factory 20" 6.5 barrel I have for hunting season. I am getting 2850 out of the 23.5" Bartlein with 140s and 41.4 of Re16. I was getting 2715 with 44 grains of H4350 and 140s out of my 20" CTR barrel.

Definately more ammo choices across the board with the 6.5 than the 260.

The beast has new clothes...
I bucked the trend towards chassis and went with a Bell & Carlson Target/Competition stock. I had one on my Rem 700 and it just felt right. The Tikka action and CTR bottom metal dropped right in. Can't wait for the rain to let up so I can get out and bang some steel.

View attachment 6905178 Tikka T3x CTR 6.5 Creedmoor w/24" bbl
Bell & Carlson Target/Competition Stock
Vortex Razor HD 5-20x50mm FFP MRAD
Vortex Precision Matched Rings - Medium
Atlas bipod
YoDave trigger return spring for 1 lb 1.5 oz tigger weight.
Griffin Recce 7 Silencer (not shown)
Griffin Taper Mount brake

That really is a good lookin stock... Nice set up! If I hadn't already ordered an Envy Chassis, I'd be looking at this one pretty closely

260rem is very easy to reload, and if you are going to PRS, you deffo will start to reload.
I dont know many guys that shoots factory ammo in competition, unless you are some brand sponsored.
260rem brass is also easy to modified with 243win and 308win, last one you might need to neck turn, if you have a custom made barrel with tight chamber.
And with Lapua Palma brass you can mod your ammo to use small primer and hold better pressure, and 260rem will feet better cartridge to the chamber than steep shoulder cartridge.

Or Alpha munitions makes Small Primer 308 and 260.

Can anyone tell me if they've had success running a 6BR out of the CTR magazines? How difficult would it be to modify the mags to do so?

Can anyone tell me if they've had success running a 6BR out of the CTR magazines? How difficult would it be to modify the mags to do so?

I am wondering the same. I am considering a 6 BRX or BRA on a Tikka. Maybe a 3d printed insert for the mag?

Reactions: coltm4
How many has the new Timney 2-stage trigger?
Opinions needed :)

I’ve got one. I love it! I’m a big 2 stage fan and run the CE 2 stage on my 700 and Tempest. The Tikka version is very close. Not quite as crisp but close. I’m very pleased with it. It’s what the factory Tac A1 two stage should have been. I’m very disappointed with the Tac A1 trigger. Very mushy, lost of creep and no defined wall at the 2nd stage.

So here is my build. Tikka Tac A1, spuhr 4602, Nightforce Mil C, Hoptic Quiver, Thunderbeast brake, Harris 9-12 notched swivel, Hawkhill dope. I am running Lapua Brass, 140 Amax (yes I still have 6k) 43Grains H4350. I seriously shot a 3 shot group today, that measured .054. It shot two more groups in the teens. These where shot off a bench, zero wind, 75 degrees, with a Gamechanger rear bag. My AI and TRG42, typically shoot in the .3-.35 range. This gun is sick. This gun had a two-round sight in and then that group was shot.

Last edited:
Little sponge experiment on my E-Lite stock, not really my cup of tea color wise but a friend wants the stock so … he will get it.
This stock has the Universal adapter flush mounted to take either the Spartan 300 or Javelin bipod.

SliYqwR.jpg

7BVWtab.jpg

edi

Heat plus the rubber mallet worked. I'm convinced the rubber mallet did something, since I had more heat on it to remove the screws than I when I took off the rail. Thanks guys.

Any good remedies for the left over epoxy/glue on the top of the receiver?

I used a rubber mallet only, no heat was needed, a few good hits on the under side in the up direction of the rail and lifting up on each end, it came loose, and there was alot of loctite.

Acetone to remove loctite, if you work on guns, you should have a spray bottle of it always around.

Reactions: R_Swanson
Little sponge experiment on my E-Lite stock, not really my cup of tea color wise but a friend wants the stock so … he will get it.
This stock has the Universal adapter flush mounted to take either the Spartan 300 or Javelin bipod.

SliYqwR.jpg

7BVWtab.jpg

edi
What does this stock weigh and where would one purchase?

Great looking gun. Can you provide some more details on it? Sorry if you already did somewhere back in the many pages before.

Thanks, really pleased with how this one has turned out. Began life as a 24' .308 Tikka Varmint, I cut the barrel to 17.5', then added a 22 inch 6.5x47 Hardy barrel with a APA little bastard brake. It's in a Manners T3 with CDI bottom metal.

Attached pic is First 5 rounds out of the rifle at 500m with ammo loaded for my Surgeon 6.5x47, I'm planning to find a load with 130jlk's for the Tikka, should do 2800-2850fps without trouble. Scope is a Nightforce ATACR 4-16. The entire combo is my favourite crossover comp/hunting rig, weights 12.5lb and makes for a very manageable setup. The comb to bore height with the Manners T3 means that with a stock-pack and low APA rings the cheekweld is perfect. Other additions are a Timney 2-stage and the Sterk hardware.

Honestly the upgraded Tikka option makes it very difficult to go the custom route these days.
I have a Surgeon build that I love, but it's difficult to really say that it's better than a Tikka with a few tweaks. Gave the tikka a hit of Krylon today.
Screen Shot 2018-06-04 at 11.38.17 am.png

Attachments

• 4277A73C-F07F-429A-969B-C43D4D414C4A.jpeg
    4277A73C-F07F-429A-969B-C43D4D414C4A.jpeg
    136.7 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
What does this stock weigh and where would one purchase?

Roundabout 29 Oz. Due to the cheek raiser the weight is centred further back.
At the moment available more or less everywhere except in the US. Recon the import licences to the US will be sorted very soon. Stocks are all carbon monocoque construction. Made in Ireland by PSE-Composites.
edi

Reactions: 260284 and Vapor6
Great forum you have here. I have a new Tikka T3x CTR in 6.5 and have a question about magazines. I am considering buying a KRG Bravo chassis(was also looking at the X-ray) and I would like to know if my factory magazine is going to work in this chassis? Thank for any help