• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

I have a Tikka with a 24” factory 6.5 PRC barrel. With Hornady Precision Hunter I am getting about 2820 fps. Does anyone else have a factory 6.5 PRC barrel and have velocities with factory or handloads? I only put a few rounds down the barrel to zero and get some numbers on it. It may speed up a bit yet but I think its gonna take some handloads seated long and filled with powder to make it more than the 6.5 creedmoor it identifies as.
did you get this speed issue squared away yet

did you get this speed issue squared away yet
I just traded powder I wasn’t using for Retumbo. I still need to order dies and probably will today if any are in stock. I have 80rds of factory ammo that I will pull bullets and dump the powder and work up a load with those components as well.

Reactions: Graywolf.260
Hey fellas, I just purchased a Tikka T3X Tactical 24" with a threaded barrel. Its a 1.11 twist. Which ammo would be good for just plinking out to around 300-500 yards? I have never shot before. I was thinking the Igman 168g or the GGG 147 ball ammo? My budget is $1 per round.

Attachments

• 277453830_656292268961979_4535322961110594978_n.jpg
    277453830_656292268961979_4535322961110594978_n.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 108
Reactions: jLorenzo
Hey fellas, I just purchased a Tikka T3X Tactical 24" with a threaded barrel. Its a 1.11 twist. Which ammo would be good for just plinking out to around 300-500 yards? I have never shot before. I was thinking the Igman 168g or the GGG 147 ball ammo? My budget is $1 per round.
The cheapest ammo you can find will work well for hitting steel at 500 yards. You will just have more wind drift with the ball ammo.

Reactions: jLorenzo
The cheapest ammo you can find will work well for hitting steel at 500 yards. You will just have more wind drift with the ball ammo.
this is what i was looking at..seems like a decent deal

Morning!

Newbie rifle user here, I picked up Tikka T3x CTR with a 20" barrel in 6.5 Creedmor for the basis of my build. Its currently in CA 10 day gun jail... I cant wait to get it and put some time in at the range! I ordered a Steiner T5Xi 5-25x56 and plan to order up a KRG Bravo. I'm having a tough time choosing a scope mount, the Spuhr 4602 seems to be the correct choice for the build. I'm open to suggestions and looking forward to learning some more.

Josh

Morning!

Newbie rifle user here, I picked up Tikka T3x CTR with a 20" barrel in 6.5 Creedmor for the basis of my build. Its currently in CA 10 day gun jail... I cant wait to get it and put some time in at the range! I ordered a Steiner T5Xi 5-25x56 and plan to order up a KRG Bravo. I'm having a tough time choosing a scope mount, the Spuhr 4602 seems to be the correct choice for the build. I'm open to suggestions and looking forward to learning some more.

Josh
If you have the money, sphur is fine. Rings are lighter if you doing field work and weight is a concern.

Its a matter of preference, in part on how you want to setup your rifle. Sphur and 1 piece mounts have advantages for certain acessories, like diving board Raptar mounts, red-dot sights, and what not.

Reactions: Bad Rattle
for those distances I would go with 155gr match stuff but 147 if it shoots well should be fine also. Just find a lighter load that groups tight and your set.

Possibly wrong info. Do you have the tactical or CTR? The tactical uses standard magazines, whereas the CTR uses the ones provided in the link. If you share a picture of your rifle, we could confirm.
If use factory stock.
I have all on my Tikka rifles the KRG Whiskey-3 gen6 chassis.
So is use only AICS magasine´s.
And if you have a Tikka T3/X Tactical, i use the standard plastic 5-round magasine, CTR, TAC A1 and UPR use the 10-round steel magazine, what use plastic bottom on the magazine, and it is:poop:

Possibly wrong info. Do you have the tactical or CTR? The tactical uses standard magazines, whereas the CTR uses the ones provided in the link. If you share a picture of your rifle, we could confirm.
I have a tactical and Im looking for a 10 rd mag for it

Thanks! is this one also compatible with the tactical series? Cant tell

Unless they’ve changed things, every tactical, (NOT CTR) ive seen (2 total) has used a different mag than the ctr and TacA1.
So it wouldn’t hurt to double check.

Last edited:
I have the CTR. I went to their website looking for a “Tactical“ model. Other than the Tac A1 and the CTR which is “compact tactical rifle”, I can’t find anything. If they have a new rifle that’s called just the “Tactical” that doesn’t appear on their website, then it’s possible this is incorrect information. Love when manufacturers do that to us. I’ll concede it is highly possible that such a model exists that I’m not aware of, so perhaps the information I provided is in fact incorrect. In which case you’re no further ahead.

EDIT: I did see in the Tikka Old Models section of their website is a gun they call the T3 TAC. But this is pre-T3X, and so shouldn't be what the OP was asking about.(T3X Tactical) So, is there a T3X Tactical they don't list on their site? If so, why?

I have the CTR. I went to their website looking for a “Tactical“ model. Other than the Tac A1 and the CTR which is “compact tactical rifle”, I can’t find anything. If they have a new rifle that’s called just the “Tactical” that doesn’t appear on their website, then it’s possible this is incorrect information. Love when manufacturers do that to us. I’ll concede it is highly possible that such a model exists that I’m not aware of, so perhaps the information I provided is in fact incorrect. In which case you’re no further ahead.

EDIT: I did see in the Tikka Old Models section of their website is a gun they call the T3 TAC. But this is pre-T3X, and so shouldn't be what the OP was asking about.(T3X Tactical) So, is there a T3X Tactical they don't list on their site? If so, why?
They dont do it no more.
This was Tikka T3 Tactical, before the T3X came, and have the TAC A1, more thactical than T3 ever was.

They dont do it no more.
This was Tikka T3 Tactical, before the T3X came, and have the TAC A1, more thactical than T3 ever was.
I think this is where the confusion is coming in. The OP asked about a magazine for the "t3x" tactical. As you say, the only 'Tactical' was the old T3. At least, that's all I've been able to find. The photos I've seen make it look like those take the Tikka single-stack(Standard) magazines.

10 round Standard Style Magazines - Waters Rifleman

Hey guys, where can you buy a magazine for the tikka t3x tactical ?

Last edited:
Reactions: trob
I think this is where the confusion is coming in. The OP asked about a magazine for the "t3x" tactical. As you say, the only 'Tactical' was the old T3. At least, that's all I've been able to find. The photos I've seen make it look like those take the Tikka single-stack(Standard) magazines.

10 round Standard Style Magazines - Waters Rifleman
But in Finland you can have it.
223rem, 308win and 300winmag.

Last edited:
Yep, he meant exactly what he said. You just need standard plastic mags. CTR mags will not work.

I would probably swap the bottom metal and go to a nice double stack mag.

I'm almost finished up with piecing together an older T3X. It will be a hybrid hunting/field rifle.

I'm sending off the action to WTO to get a 24" Benchmark #5 spun on in 7 SAW sitting in a KRG X-Ray.

The piece I'm still on the fence is going with my Trijicon Tenmile 3-18 or my Kahles K312i AMR.
The Kahles reticle is "Busy" to say the least.

The Kahles reticle is "Busy" to say the least.

That Khales reticle is actually not near as busy as you would think, when behind the scope. Or at least that's my opinion.

I have one on my .300NM rifle, and think it makes a great ELR reticle.

Anyone know if there is a two stage trigger in the works for a ctr from any manufacturers? I know the new Tac A1 has one.
Barnard also makes one. I believe Whittaker guns was the USA distributor. Perhaps they still are.

(Site isn’t working right now, here’s another https://www.hps-tr.com/en/barnard-tikka-t3-trigger)

I don’t know how reliable they are in field conditions, but the company seems to be held in high regard.

Edit: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/tikka-t3-2-stage-triggers.6692857/post-6693087 I guess not reliable in the field, and no safety.

Barnard also makes one. I believe Whittaker guns was the USA distributor. Perhaps they still are.

(Site isn’t working right now, here’s another https://www.hps-tr.com/en/barnard-tikka-t3-trigger)

I don’t know how reliable they are in field conditions, but the company seems to be held in high regard.

Edit: https://www.snipershide.com/shooting/threads/tikka-t3-2-stage-triggers.6692857/post-6693087 I guess not reliable in the field, and no safety.
The quoted post is 5 years old from page 1. Or roughly 10, 650 posts ago. I would be highly surprised if the asker hasn't heard about it since then.

• Haha
Reactions: carbonbased
The quoted post is 5 years old from page 1. Or roughly 10, 650 posts ago. I would be highly surprised if the asker hasn't heard about it since then.
Damnit Lefty, quit ridin’ my ass! Been trying to get some Legendary juju going on in this thread but everyone is being a hard-ass and I’m plum tuckered out. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: LeftyJason
Damnit Lefty, quit ridin’ my ass! Been trying to get some Legendary juju going on in this thread but everyone is being a hard-ass and I’m plum tuckered out. Lol
Sorry man. I'm not intentionally going after you in any way. I didn't remember seeing that question posted recently so I clicked the link and saw where it went. I'm also a lot more wary of people that are Minutemen as well.

Also good to remind people of other options as well.

Sorry man. I'm not intentionally going after you in any way. I didn't remember seeing that question posted recently so I clicked the link and saw where it went. I'm also a lot more wary of people that are Minutemen as well.

Also good to remind people of other options as well.
Just giving you crap man. What's the Minuteman reference? The little tag on us northerners by our profile pic?

All the Tikka T3X models, that you can buy in Finland.
List is a bit different than this for international Tikka page.
Tikka T3X Tactical is this rifle, CTR is not the same.
Whole different rifle the CTR.
Barrel contour, magazine, bottom metal, barrel threads.

Reactions: fxdrider
I believe MDT will be making the JAE chassis for the 700 platform -- Not sure if they will make it for a Tikka.

But I hope they do -- Awesome chassis.

Does anyone know how the Tikka Roughtech and Veil barrel profiles compare to the CTR? I'm thinking of trying to find a used Roughtech or Veil stock to put on my CTR action/ Barrel but want to make sure that it will fit. Yes, I do know that the bottom metal is different on the CTR. Thanks for any info.

Reactions: KenCS
Does anyone know how the Tikka Roughtech and Veil barrel profiles compare to the CTR? I'm thinking of trying to find a used Roughtech or Veil stock to put on my CTR action/ Barrel but want to make sure that it will fit. Yes, I do know that the bottom metal is different on the CTR. Thanks for any info.
I own CTR’s and Lites, but I have only handled the veil, so i don’t have exact diameters.

The veil is somewhere between a Lite and the CTR. If it doesn’t fit, you could always just sand the barrel channel a little bit.

Reactions: YotaEer
If it is just a few thousands, it would be fine but wouldn't want to have to remove so much that it looks weird. I have handled a veil too but didn't have a caliper with me to do an accurate measurement. May just have to take a caliper into Scheels :)

Reactions: Sagewind