• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Tikka T3 Thread

Absolutely loving this one! The Sterk handle is icing on the cake.
FAF554ED-DCAE-47E6-99B5-A222BA6DAA36.JPG

What didn't you like about the "stock" bolt handle?

Are you referring to the bolt handle you find on the lite models or the CTR/Tac A1 models? The CTR bolt handle didn't really allow me to get a firm grip on the factory handle, it wasn't comfortable and the Sterk allows for a quicker bolt cycle and it some of my rifles made my bolt lift feel lighter. Aesthetically the factory knob just looks terrible as well.

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
The T3x TAC A1, I've purchased everything I need except the rifle. Placed a deposit so when the left-handed A1s are shipped I'll defintely get one. Now I'm being told it's Aug/Sep. I thing the stock bolt handle looks terrible also. Unfortunately, they are out of stock. Thanks, I appreciate your input.

What didn't you like about the "stock" bolt handle?
My biggest issue: the plastic knob. Mine had a molding mark on it that I had to sand down.

Aside from that it was mostly preference for a swept handle.

With the Sterk I can definitely cycle faster and lift, as pointed out above, is lighter as well.

Reactions: cannoncrossfire
The T3x TAC A1, I've purchased everything I need except the rifle. Placed a deposit so when the left-handed A1s are shipped I'll defintely get one. Now I'm being told it's Aug/Sep. I thing the stock bolt handle looks terrible also. Unfortunately, they are out of stock. Thanks, I appreciate your input.
If you want a left hand sterk handle I might have one in stock.

@sommers great rifle!
@tevan0707 thanks for posting the photo and giving your input

I hated the plastic bolt knob as well. Just looked chintzy and out of place on a $1,000 rifle. Some bonehead at the factory not only put the grub screw in mine, but epoxied the knob in also. So it broke the plastic knob when I finally got it to turn loose and left epoxy and part of the knob down in my bolt handle. I had to remove the bolt, then remove the bolt handle, and heat it with a butane torch and carefully scrape out the epoxy and bits of plastic with a pick. I'm starting to think Tikka should remove the Finlandia from the cafeteria vending machines. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: NiemiPT
First Proof barrel in our workshop. Fitted by Doms Custom Rifles in Ireland. We did the stock work. Just shy of 3kg without bipod. Bipod is Spartan javelin carbon.

yR7sB0V.jpg

oGHvXq0.jpg

edi

Hmmm pics aren’t showing for me

Has anyone had experience using the ARC 10 round magazines with a CDI/Atlasworx/Lumley DBMs and a tikka action?

I will have an answer for you re ARC and CDI tomorrow ;)

Following. I did read that Ted will be making followers for his mags now and all that have purchased the mag before will get one for free. I would love a shorter 10 round mag, but reading the issues on them I have been holding off.

Has anyone had experience using the ARC 10 round magazines with a CDI/Atlasworx/Lumley DBMs and a tikka action?

I'm running the mountain tactical bottom metal and the bottom metal accepts the mags really easily but it took quite a bit of tinkering with the feed lips to get it running okayish. I eventually ditched them due to unreliability. Once I switch to the J Allen I will revisit the ARC mag.

Reactions: Simia Dei
I've used the ARC follower with the 6.5. The arc and MKM followers work well in my dasher, with the edge probably going to the MKM. waiting to get the 6.5 back from being worked on before I can try the MKM with that setup.

I haven't gotten to take mine out yet but doing some cycling on it feels better than any other bolt gun I've ever owned. I've caught the Vudoo bug though and since I shoot so much more .22 than anything else I may end up letting this go towards the purchase of one. T3x CTR in 6.5 Creedmoor, chassis is a MTD LSS-XL Gen2.

axxSJQ0h.jpg

Attachments

• axxSJQ0.jpg
    axxSJQ0.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 230
I'm running the mountain tactical bottom metal and the bottom metal accepts the mags really easily but it took quite a bit of tinkering with the feed lips to get it running okayish. I eventually ditched them due to unreliability. Once I switch to the J Allen I will revisit the ARC mag.
I’m interested to hear how your JAE build goes mate

Will WSM rounds feed from a long magazine after the bolt stop is changed? My factory wsm mag is 2.900 max and would like to load some longer bullets.

Just finished putting my T3 build together. SS T3 lite, .223 8 twist, in a Bravo chassis. Sterk shroud and handle, NF SHV F1. Ran out and tested it tonight while the light was fading. I stuck to 3 shot groups, since the barrel is so skinny. 5/8" groups with 73g Federal Bergers. This is my first precision bolt gun in .223. I always thought they were kind of dumb, but I put this together as a starter centerfire for my daughter, and figured I might use it for some varminting as well. It is pretty awesome, and the Sterk stuff really makes it nice. Kind of like having an AI action in a more traditional stock. Makes me want to get a 6.5 and .308 version too. I'll get a pick up tomorrow, but its nothing you guys haven't seen before.

I dropped off a T3 action with Jon Beanland last month for a Proof Research CF Barrel. Gonna throw it in a Manners PRS1, with a NF ATACR, should be a slick little rig.

This is as far as my experiment with Tikka/ARC mags has gotten. First round off the top was fine, second round repeatedly nosedives.
FYI, this with CDI bottom metal and 6.5x47 snap caps - same results with live ammo

DC031835-5ADB-4BA5-97A6-679492E7C84B.jpeg

This is as far as my experiment with Tikka/ARC mags has gotten. First round off the top was fine, second round repeatedly nosedives.
FYI, this with CDI bottom metal and 6.5x47 snap caps - same results with live ammo

View attachment 6920860

Yup, I wont be purchasing.

Fwiw... I’ve read the LRI followers are the better fix, over the MK.

Reactions: BallisticPrimate
Here she is. Cheapest precision build I've ever done, but extremely precise, and a ton of fun to shoot. Hard to put down. Ever since I shot my first Tikka, I've been saying they are the best set up for the money, but this is the first I've owned. From a pure dollars and sense standpoint (which I know doesn't usually apply much around here) it is hard to say that anything besides a Tikka is needed. Very impressive setup, easy to work on, tons of fun to shoot. My barrel is giving me 2735, with the 73g federal Berger load. All my other .22's are 16" or shorter, so this is the fastest I've ever seen a .223 go. SD was 4.

I like almost everything about the Bravo, but the warning they give you about feeding issues if you touch the magazine is no joke. Kind of limits the setup to backyard playing, as I would never take this type of issue into a match, let alone anything more important. Maybe KRG is working on a fix for the issue? Anyone else have a solution to it?

Attachments

• Resized_20180710_101735.jpeg
    Resized_20180710_101735.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 275
Here she is. Cheapest precision build I've ever done, but extremely precise, and a ton of fun to shoot. Hard to put down. Ever since I shot my first Tikka, I've been saying they are the best set up for the money, but this is the first I've owned. From a pure dollars and sense standpoint (which I know doesn't usually apply much around here) it is hard to say that anything besides a Tikka is needed. Very impressive setup, easy to work on, tons of fun to shoot. My barrel is giving me 2735, with the 73g federal Berger load. All my other .22's are 16" or shorter, so this is the fastest I've ever seen a .223 go. SD was 4.

I like almost everything about the Bravo, but the warning they give you about feeding issues if you touch the magazine is no joke. Kind of limits the setup to backyard playing, as I would never take this type of issue into a match, let alone anything more important. Maybe KRG is working on a fix for the issue? Anyone else have a solution to it?

Nice! I’m so tempted to ditch my Rem700 223 and pick up a Tikka 223.

Reactions: SLG and NiemiPT

View attachment 6920860
ive had the complete oposite with my tikka the only mag its feeds well out of is the arc. also using the ark with my 6.5x47 nucleus build.

ive had the complete oposite with my tikka the only mag its feeds well out of is the arc. also using the ark with my 6.5x47 nucleus build.

Yea, the ARC mags have proven to be very hit or miss, there's pages and pages of numerous customers running into issues and now a few companies are producing aftermarket followers. It's a great design in theory but has a very high failure rate. I'm gonna keep mine and figure out how to get an improved follower into Australia

Yea, the ARC mags have proven to be very hit or miss, there's pages and pages of numerous customers running into issues and now a few companies are producing aftermarket followers. It's a great design in theory but has a very high failure rate. I'm gonna keep mine and figure out how to get an improved follower into Australia
mine ran like hot dog crap in my rem 700.

Reactions: BallisticPrimate

SLG,

What did you start with for this build? Is that action off an older T3 you already had or did you get a newer T3x to use the action as a donor?

I had (maybe still am) considered getting a T3x Lite purely to build off the action. This route just seems so inefficient financially and with wasted components (even IF you can resell). With the CTR at a grand and the Tac A1 above 1.5k neither seemed a good starting place either.

Just curious other approaches and if there’s a Tikka solution there for me somehow.

SLG,

What did you start with for this build? Is that action off an older T3 you already had or did you get a newer T3x to use the action as a donor?

I had (maybe still am) considered getting a T3x Lite purely to build off the action. This route just seems so inefficient financially and with wasted components (even IF you can resell). With the CTR at a grand and the Tac A1 above 1.5k neither seemed a good starting place either.

Just curious other approaches and if there’s a Tikka solution there for me somehow.

I had/have some of the same issues as you. If Tikka made a medium weight barrel in their cheap stock, that would be perfect for me. I don't want to throw out the stock and mags from a CTR, but I also don't want to use them. Don't like the A1 at all.

So, this barreled action is currently a factory stock t3 lite stainless. Since this is more for my daughter than me, I wanted a lighter barrel, even if it heats up faster. I am thinking of cutting it down, but it shoots so well right now, that I may just leave it alone. I'm kind of a short gun fanatic though.

Since I was going to swap the Sterk stuff onto it from the start, as well as ditch the stock, it seemed silly to get a T3X.

Honestly, this gun is so much fun, and so impressive in price and execution, it is really hard to resist just getting another T3 to do "something" with.

If anyone happens to have any CTR mags they’re looking to rehome, please let me know. I’d like to have at least one more and thought I’d check here before buying new from Euro Optic.

I had/have some of the same issues as you. If Tikka made a medium weight barrel in their cheap stock, that would be perfect for me. I don't want to throw out the stock and mags from a CTR, but I also don't want to use them. Don't like the A1 at all.

So, this barreled action is currently a factory stock t3 lite stainless. Since this is more for my daughter than me, I wanted a lighter barrel, even if it heats up faster. I am thinking of cutting it down, but it shoots so well right now, that I may just leave it alone. I'm kind of a short gun fanatic though.

Since I was going to swap the Sterk stuff onto it from the start, as well as ditch the stock, it seemed silly to get a T3X.

Honestly, this gun is so much fun, and so impressive in price and execution, it is really hard to resist just getting another T3 to do "something" with.
Would you be comfortable sharing what you put into it in total? Feel free to PM... and I wouldn’t expect you to share these details; you’ve already been helpful in what you’ve posted

Thank you very much!

You might try playing with the adjustment in the Bravo and how it holds the mag. I had the same issues in one of the two that I have, once I played around with how the mag seats I haven't had any issues when pressure is applied to the base or front of magazines.

Reactions: SLG

Adjust the trigger guard and forearm to hold the mag more securely. Had the same issue way back with my X-ray. Mags won’t drop free, but they will work.

Reactions: SLG