• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Those guns cannot be beat at those prices, or anything close.

I like my T3 lite , .223 so much, that I find myself trying to take it with me on trips. The Fix is what actually comes with me much of the time, simply because it is so compact and light. The case it came with fits my scoped gun, can, mags, ammo, pvs-22, radius, illuminator, bipod.

If I could get a T3 into such a short package, it would be a done deal. Once the Fix becomes available in .223, that may be it, idk.

Regardless, that .223 T3 is about the most fun gun I think I've ever shot.

My first personal Tikka, KRG W3 should be in Monday. I chambered it in 6 Creedmoor.

View attachment 6931484

Dane’s 16.2” .300 BLK Tikka.

View attachment 6931485

What kind of group therapy that 300BLK does shoot?
What´s the optimum barrel lenght when used supressor in bolt action?
I have been thinking to make my self one of this king, for small predator hunting rifle.

What kind of group therapy that 300BLK does shoot?
What´s the optimum barrel lenght when used supressor in bolt action?
I have been thinking to make my self one of this king, for small predator hunting rifle.

The .300 BLK is currently unfired, we have some subs to shoot and see how they group for shits and grins.

Optimal barrel length for a suppressor? I’m not sure but I like 16.5” for a bolt gun, unless you SBR a bolt action receiver.

Reactions: viking78
Little late to sterk pic party here, but he's a Pic of my Sterk swept handle. Love the egos of it.
Huge shout out to John! My bolt left the factory slightly undersized which caused too much play in the Sterk handle. John took it back and added a second coat of cerakote to make it fit like a glove.
Need more guys like John in the industry!

Attachments

• 15346097142472824176119885638686.jpg
    15346097142472824176119885638686.jpg
    677.4 KB · Views: 213
  • 15346102465884717412598416741936.jpg
    15346102465884717412598416741936.jpg
    474.3 KB · Views: 218
The other day I lightend the factory trigger and was doing some dry firing practice. Trigger felt nice and clean for a factory trigger but when I ran the bolt hard And went to press it the trigger had already been released. I was able to repeat this multiple time. Anyone else ever have this issue? Didn’t think it would be able to be adjusted so light that it went off by running the bolt.

The other day I lightend the factory trigger and was doing some dry firing practice. Trigger felt nice and clean for a factory trigger but when I ran the bolt hard And went to press it the trigger had already been released. I was able to repeat this multiple time. Anyone else ever have this issue? Didn’t think it would be able to be adjusted so light that it went off by running the bolt.

I ran into the same issue on my TAC A1 and had to adjust a half turn back in slightly increasing the pull weight to fix. Not ideal, but haven't had an issue since.

Little late to sterk pic party here, but he's a Pic of my Sterk swept handle. Love the egos of it.
Huge shout out to John! My bolt left the factory slightly undersized which caused too much play in the Sterk handle. John took it back and added a second coat of cerakote to make it fit like a glove.
How can you be late to the sterk party? I think this last party was at least the third.

Looks great!

I ran into the same issue on my TAC A1 and had to adjust a half turn back in slightly increasing the pull weight to fix. Not ideal, but haven't had an issue since.
Thanks I appreciate the reply! I plan to adjust it and test the shit out of it to make sure it doesn’t happen anymore and restore my confidence in the stock trigger. I’m hoping KRG comes out with their 2 stage trigger soon so I can replace it.

I’m going to guess the set screw was too far out and not really grabbing the threads.

My T3's are all pretty heavy. No issues at all:) Forces me to pull really well.

My T3's are all pretty heavy. No issues at all:) Forces me to pull really well.

See that’s the thing. I don’t feel that it’s so light. I didn’t adjust to much but maybe I did. I’ll increase the weight and hopefully others will see this and avoid over adjusting and not testing it until it’s on the line or in the field. Again thanks!

Thanks I appreciate the reply! I plan to adjust it and test the shit out of it to make sure it doesn’t happen anymore and restore my confidence in the stock trigger. I’m hoping KRG comes out with their 2 stage trigger soon so I can replace it.

Why not look at the timber 2 stage trigger?

Why not look at the timber 2 stage trigger?
I have but am curious how they will compare. I’m sure I will just stay factory for a while I’m just fond of 2 stage and get the itch. Also curious how the KRG will be priced. I thought it was going to be release Q-1 2018.

Could someone point me toward the manual on adjusting the factory trigger? The trigger on my T3x varmint is about 4-5 lbs and I’d like to lighten it to around 2 to 2.5. Thanks!

Could someone point me toward the manual on adjusting the factory trigger? The trigger on my T3x varmint is about 4-5 lbs and I’d like to lighten it to around 2 to 2.5. Thanks!
Super easy, one screw adjustment.

When you take the rifle out of the stock, there is a small hex screw on the trigger housing that points toward the muzzle. back this screw out until you are satisfied with the trigger pull or it makes contact with the Large hex head screw on the bottom of the trigger housing. If it the little screw touches the small screw and you still aren't happy, there are a couple aftermarket trigger springs that really take them down.

Good evening, not sure how to create a new thread yet...and not sure anyone can answer but here we go...I’ve had an APA little B on my 24” CTR and haven’t removed it since I attached back in March...I took it off and noticed carbon buildup, does anyone know how to remove and will the carbon affect accuracy? Lately my shots have spread out the Tikka has consistently shot sub .5 moa. Thanks for any feed back. She has about 900-1000 rounds through the barrel. Thanks for any help. Picture attached

Attachments

• CD5327F7-F1DC-4D8B-8807-A1BB41B34175.jpeg
    CD5327F7-F1DC-4D8B-8807-A1BB41B34175.jpeg
    278.4 KB · Views: 103
Good evening, not sure how to create a new thread yet...and not sure anyone can answer but here we go...I’ve had an APA little B on my 24” CTR and haven’t removed it since I attached back in March...I took it off and noticed carbon buildup, does anyone know how to remove and will the carbon affect accuracy? Lately my shots have spread out the Tikka has consistently shot sub .5 moa. Thanks for any feed back. She has about 900-1000 rounds through the barrel. Thanks for any help. Picture attached

Soak with Kroil for 15 minutes then scrub with nylon brush.

Sweet looking combo, and very tasty building.
Is that KRG factory green, my Bravo has a little different tone in the color.

I have that same issue when i shoot with supressor 50-100 rounds.
I have found that best way to remove that carbon shaizze is to use Bore-Tech Carbon carbon remover.
Use a paper tissue, soak it with carbon remover, and wrap it up to the barrel.
Let it be there about 20-40 minutes, pendind the ammount of the carbon in the barrel.
Then i wipe it of by using Scotch-Brite or something similar.
I also use a bit of CRC metal free paste on the threads, especially if you use supressor.

Here you have
http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...on-build-up-from-muzzle.6881438/#post-7011991

I have but am curious how they will compare. I’m sure I will just stay factory for a while I’m just fond of 2 stage and get the itch. Also curious how the KRG will be priced. I thought it was going to be release Q-1 2018.

This is just what I have heard second hand, but the Timney has more adjustment in it then the KRG trigger does. If memory serves me right, the KRG trigger second stage can only go as low as 2lbs. Again, this is all stuff I heard second hand so take it as it is. I love my timney 2 stage, but I also did have a 50% cert for it. Had I had to pay full price, I would probably just stick with the factory trigger and the mountain tactical trigger spring.

Reactions: coltm4 and Crang
This is just what I have heard second hand, but the Timney has more adjustment in it then the KRG trigger does. If memory serves me right, the KRG trigger second stage can only go as low as 2lbs. Again, this is all stuff I heard second hand so take it as it is. I love my timney 2 stage, but I also did have a 50% cert for it. Had I had to pay full price, I would probably just stick with the factory trigger and the mountain tactical trigger spring.
Thanks. I didn’t see that KRG was released? The Timney is what $190ish? I don’t think that’s that bad considering it can be one of the single best changes to your shooting in a rifle. People wast more than that of things they don’t need or are not ready for yet from a skill stand point. I’m ok with factory for now but just like a 2 stage. Glad to hear that you like the timney.

Thanks. I didn’t see that KRG was released? The Timney is what $190ish? I don’t think that’s that bad considering it can be one of the single best changes to your shooting in a rifle. People wast more than that of things they don’t need or are not ready for yet from a skill stand point. I’m ok with factory for now but just like a 2 stage. Glad to hear that you like the timney.

Here’s a sneak peak of our Tikka T3 2-Stage trigger. It’s really coming along nicely. We don’t have full specs or an ETA yet, but we’re hoping to have it available sometime in the middle of next year. Overall weight (for both stages) should be adjustable from around 2lbs to 5lbs #krg_ops #tikkat3#2stagetrigger #precisionrifle #longrangeshooting

Thats from the guys at Long Range shooters of utah from the 2017 SHOT show.

The Timney is great, the second stage has some creep (not alot) but its not terrible, just something to get used too.

Here’s a sneak peak of our Tikka T3 2-Stage trigger. It’s really coming along nicely. We don’t have full specs or an ETA yet, but we’re hoping to have it available sometime in the middle of next year. Overall weight (for both stages) should be adjustable from around 2lbs to 5lbs #krg_ops #tikkat3#2stagetrigger #precisionrifle #longrangeshooting

Thats from the guys at Long Range shooters of utah from the 2017 SHOT show.

The Timney is great, the second stage has some creep (not alot) but its not terrible, just something to get used too.
Thanks. Posted in the Tikka 2 stage thread KRG said at the earliest September and there are a few floating around with testers now.

Reactions: coltm4
Several places have them for around $175 and I just bought one yesterday from Grab A Gun for $162.99 including the $5 shipping.
Don't know if I'll like or not. I've always used single stage but everyone seems to like them so we'll see.....

Awesome Sir. How do you like the LRTSI? Considering putting one on a CTR.

It's a fantastic optic. I have/had a buch of the latest generation elite tactical line and they have proven to be outstanding. At the current pricing I think they are the best deal going.

The 3-12 is probably a better fit for an out and out hunting rifle - assuming short action and associated ranges. But the 4.5 is a better crossover optic if you'll be hitting steel and entering matches.

The XRS 2 really is at least 90% as good as the very top tier (S&B, NF etc) for a fraction of the price (particularly if you buy through Magnum Sports in Australia) feel free to PM me if you have any questions ?

Last edited:
Reactions: Smooth_87
My two T3x's, finally both have optics on them.

6.5 CM CTR in a Bravo with a Sig Tango 6 4-24x50
308 Lite that I put into the CTR stock with an LRHSi from GAP

The CTR build still needs a sterk bolt handle (gotta order that), and a muzzle brake. A Triad Tactical stock pack is in the mail for the Lite to raise the comb. I'm tall and I prefer a higher comb, rather than stretching way out and being closer to the bolt, hence the higher ring heights.

The CTR has a spring from yodave, and the trigger is fantastic. I am honestly surprised people are looking at the Timney. If something comes out that blows this away... sure, but that would take a lot.

SgMbocp.jpg

0NKkFMZ.jpg

My two T3x's, finally both have optics on them.

6.5 CM CTR in a Bravo with a Sig Tango 6 4-24x50
308 Lite that I put into the CTR stock with an LRHSi from GAP

The CTR build still needs a sterk bolt handle (gotta order that), and a muzzle brake. A Triad Tactical stock pack is in the mail for the Lite to raise the comb. I'm tall and I prefer a higher comb, rather than stretching way out and being closer to the bolt, hence the higher ring heights.

The CTR has a spring from yodave, and the trigger is fantastic. I am honestly surprised people are looking at the Timney. If something comes out that blows this away... sure, but that would take a lot.

SgMbocp.jpg

0NKkFMZ.jpg

Tikka trigger and spring change will make it amazing, but why i bought Timney was that 2-stage feature.
Tac-A1 trigger and Yodave spring is amazing, but Tikka wont sale these triggers, because all they make, goes straight for the rifles they build.

I’m liking the stock, so far no issues.

Had a certificate for free bolt fluting, the finish is rough looking. I won’t be a repeat customer.

Hi everyone!
I've been away from this forum for a couple of years and now I'm back. Definitely missed you guys.

I've decided to leave my usual Remington 700 set-up and go for a Tikka T3x. They look really good!

Wanted to ask you guys, since my knowledge on the Tikka is limited, why are people getting the CTR instead Varmint or another model? Is there a special reason?

I was thinking about getting the Varmint in a Bravo chassi but was a bit unsure if there is anything better to the CTR?