• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

Went to a gun range and test shot my new load.
123gr Scenar with N150.
S..T, that these Krieger barrels are stunning accuracy.
0,171 MOA 5-shots 100-meters.

11,69mm - bullet 6,71mm = 4,98mm equal as 1,71 MOA.

Best group i have ever shot.

Only my Tikka 223rem has given even tighter group with Hornady ELD-M 52gr bullet, that was just one hole, that was tight, 1,31mm.
eld.JPG

Last edited:
What are you guys replacing the springs getting weight wise?

Id like to get to 2lbs, my 3 tikkas are all around 2.5 with the stock spring
I'm getting 1.25 pounds. Might be able to get less but I don't want to for my use.

Does anyone know where to get Tikka T3x action screws at a decent price? Cheapest I can find is $27. Which is crazy for 2 screws. Would also buy used if someone has a set they have taken off.

Do you already have a set? I would take them to a hardware store and match them. If you don't I could do that for you today or tomorrow.

I just went through this with trigger pins for my Vudoo. I couldn't even find them on Brownells. Found them on a small companys website for $12. They were discounted 50% from $24 and shipping was $9. I just made a set from 1/8" drill bit shanks.
No, I don't have the originals. I bought a Bravo stock for it which has it's own screws and I sold my OEM stock with the screws. Now I have a Mcmillan ordered and need screws again. Ideally, I could buy a set from someone else with a Bravo stock but I haven't been getting much action on the PX so will probably need to buy a set.

No, I don't have the originals. I bought a Bravo stock for it which has it's own screws and I sold my OEM stock with the screws. Now I have a Mcmillan ordered and need screws again. Ideally, I could buy a set from someone else with a Bravo stock but I haven't been getting much action on the PX so will probably need to buy a set.

Those are $5 cheaper than I've seen elsewhere. Thanks
Now point me at the M+ magazines for the 6.5 CM (flush fit). About the only one that I saw that carried them was direct from Tikka. As popular as the 6.5 CM is, I'm surprised that more places don't carry them as they are perfect for long hand loads. The extended 5 round mags are easy to find but not the flush fit. Guess they think that everyone needs 5 rounds to harvest one deer :)

Last edited:
Now point me at the M+ magazines for the 6.5 CM (flush fit). About the only one that I saw that carried them was direct from Tikka. As popular as the 6.5 CM is, I'm surprised that more places don't carry them as they are perfect for long hand loads. The extended 5 round mags are easy to find but not the flush fit. Guess they think that everyone needs 5 rounds to harvest one deer :)

I couldn’t find any and gave up, just ordered a couple of the mountain tactical billet mags for my 243 to 6.5 creed build.

This one?

This one?

That's the mag but they don't carry the M+ version which is part number S58569827 and allows a longer COAL while still using a medium bolt stop. If you go with a long mag, I think you would also have to swap out your bolt stop otherwise if you had your cartridges too far back, it might not pick them up.

That's the mag but they don't carry the M+ version which is part number S58569827 and allows a longer COAL while still using a medium bolt stop. If you go with a long mag, I think you would also have to swap out your bolt stop otherwise if you had your cartridges too far back, it might not pick them up.

How do you like it compared to the Kahles?

Hi.

Just received it today.
Quick mount to a SAKO TRG mount and took some shots :D
Not been able to even look it through the scope yet a propper look.
Though that quick look, it is giving that, aha moment, very forgiven eye box, i hate some scopes, that have that very tight eye
line thru the scope.
I think that scope must have some play on the eye box, if you dont have it, you can compare that scope, that you tape it thru to your head, that it wont lost the eye line to the scope.
What i know about these scopes and read of these on guns&ammo, the smaller (shorter) of scope bell is, the more bitch it on the eye box.

Just Got this one!! T3X Varmint Stainless, added adjustable cheekpiece, little bastard break, SS pillars, Devcon bedding, bolt handle, Vortex Viper PST II

Attachments

• EF8E7AFE-9402-4F9F-90AB-682C60D6ADAE.jpeg
    EF8E7AFE-9402-4F9F-90AB-682C60D6ADAE.jpeg
    188.2 KB · Views: 202
  • F53A2046-103F-4A10-B53F-2DEF673BC989.jpeg
    F53A2046-103F-4A10-B53F-2DEF673BC989.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 211
  • 7036ADC7-EDFB-4EC4-AB0C-95E0566F65DB.jpeg
    7036ADC7-EDFB-4EC4-AB0C-95E0566F65DB.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 199
  • ED12FDA5-ED46-4ADA-93DB-13161E2F42C2.jpeg
    ED12FDA5-ED46-4ADA-93DB-13161E2F42C2.jpeg
    180.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 4018DB6B-11C1-46E2-9EED-E90CB77FFF7C.jpeg
    4018DB6B-11C1-46E2-9EED-E90CB77FFF7C.jpeg
    183.9 KB · Views: 200
  • 805C9E44-A7D8-4FEC-A3F5-8929C402870A.jpeg
    805C9E44-A7D8-4FEC-A3F5-8929C402870A.jpeg
    178 KB · Views: 178
Just a heads up to other tikka people

Mountain tactical has some deals. Grabbed another bolt handle, bottom metal for my 223 lite and a couple bullet 223 mags with 2.6” coal.

Another few months waiting for McMillan, a cerakote and my 223 coyote gun will be complete.

I freaking hate, that there is not AICS metal for decent price in Finland for my 223rem.
Brownells FI has Accurate mags, but it cost 135€, it´s like 150$ :(

Just a heads up to other tikka people

Mountain tactical has some deals. Grabbed another bolt handle, bottom metal for my 223 lite and a couple bullet 223 mags with 2.6” coal.

Another few months waiting for McMillan, a cerakote and my 223 coyote gun will be complete.

I think I need one of those bag riders for my Tac A1!

How do you like it compared to the Kahles?

First shots yesterday.
Quick look and thoughts, that in my opinion it has brighter glass than K624i Kahles, even my Kahles is the last 624i generation.
Need to do mo testing, but first impression is very nice.
Though it is a bit heavy, but so is the rifle, so no complaining.

Reactions: Sffred and JakeM
I’m In need of a magazine tension spring that mounts to the trigger assembly. I’m converting my CTR to use the standard T3 plastic mags. if anyone has one left over from your chassis builds, I sure could use one. I’ll be happy to pay. Thanks in advance.
AE563900-4D3F-4165-BCA6-69CD58519F36.jpeg
3EC3D31A-2DD4-46AA-ABA9-E807A98C849C.png

HELP on last minute purchase:

Will the GRS Bifrost stock fit my t3 Tac A1 rifle? Looking for something lighter in left hand.

I have one as well, but can't sell it yet. Ordered a chassis for my Tikka on Black Friday, but may be a while before it ships.

I’m In need of a magazine tension spring that mounts to the trigger assembly. I’m converting my CTR to use the standard T3 plastic mags. if anyone has one left over from your chassis builds, I sure could use one. I’ll be happy to pay. Thanks in advance.

View attachment 7193976

4500EC4D-A178-42CF-B61E-3114AD2096DB.jpeg

E185EF69-C325-4887-B8AD-D318F311013C.jpeg

3F0F95A2-25C5-4C38-BE9C-CA727F2161B3.jpeg

There’s a post somewhere in this thread wherein somebody used a 27mm Pipe Clamp.

Viking78:
Thanks for your reply. I was hoping I could slow down the shipping of the GRS stock but Brownell's is just too efficient! I am not much of a gunsmith so was hoping that I hadn't bitten off more than I could handle. My goal is to shed some weigh off the original stock/package. Time will tell. Guess there is always the PX!

Viking78:
Thanks for your reply. I was hoping I could slow down the shipping of the GRS stock but Brownell's is just too efficient! I am not much of a gunsmith so was hoping that I hadn't bitten off more than I could handle. My goal is to shed some weigh off the original stock/package. Time will tell. Guess there is always the PX!

You could swap in a stock T3/T3X trigger on it too? Get a super crisp 1lb trigger and have it fit your GRS stock.

IDbound , do not change that TAC A1 trigger in to a stock trigger or sell it, you wont get it back once you sell it.
With yodaves spring, it is even less than on 1lbs trigger, and i love that 2stage on it.
If you swap your TAC A1 chassis in to a Berskerk, you need a normal plastic Tikka magazine, unless you did not get CTR version, but anyway, you need a bottom metal for that stock, it does not come with one.

Reactions: adamjma