• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Tikka T3 Thread

CTR is a great value for what you get. The TacA1 is a sweet rig. You won’t be disappointed whichever route you go! I just put my CTR 6.5 CM into a KRG Bravo chassis and I’m really liking it over the cheap plastic stock. It still shot well with the factory stock but the feel and adjustability of the Bravo is just better especially for their price point. Good luck!

Reactions: kip.duff and DROWN
Beretta Holding owns Sako. Beretta Holding owns Tikka... along with Benelli, Franchi, Uberti, Stoeger, Steiner, and Burris.

Beretta USA is the importer of Sako and Tikka.
View attachment 7326790View attachment 7326792Beretta flagship dealer guy said that he can order in any Sako rifle but not Tikka. Looking at Sako rifles, there isn't a left handed heavy profile stainless listed at all. I have also called in to Beretta USA and they basically said no.

Like I said https://choose.tikka.fi/usa is a tease. I asked Beretta Usa what it's for and couldn't get a straight answer.
One downside of the tac a1 is that it comes with a 0 moa rail with matching 0 moa fore end. Don't think anyone has come up with a 20 moa or other moa that matches up with the fore end height on the TAC A1 yet. I think people are using 20 moa mounts rather than rails.

If I'm wrong let me know.

Sad news: it isn't.

From what I've found they only import the model numbers that start with JRT. Not even Beretta flagship store Dallas can order one that ends in MT or MTB per a conversation that I had with them. Stupid tease that choose.tikka.fi/usa site is.

Too bad we can't get @viking78 to send us what we want (he is Finnish). Bonus is if he could he would send us awesome pictures of them.

If you want that barrel profile lefty get the lefty tac a1 (model JRTAC416L) and sell the chassis if you don't like it. Bonus is it has the 2 stage trigger. I'm SOL since I want lefty stainless 6.5 Creed. I'm stuck with t3x lite stainless and rebarreling.

I can see from Sako stock list, is there ready CTR 24" in Finnish stock, they do make 24" CTR 6.5creedmoor in right hand version.

Another day, another dollar ;).
AM1.JPG

CTR is a great value for what you get. The TacA1 is a sweet rig. You won’t be disappointed whichever route you go! I just put my CTR 6.5 CM into a KRG Bravo chassis and I’m really liking it over the cheap plastic stock. It still shot well with the factory stock but the feel and adjustability of the Bravo is just better especially for their price point. Good luck!
Plan to do the same thing- get a GRS also probably.

Delightful day at the range Friday.(Is there any other kind?) Enjoying the hell out of my new Vortex Razor HD Gen II 4.5-27x56 Mrad. Tikka T3X CTR 6.5 Creedmoor. B&C Target/Comp Stock.

Attachments

• 2020-05-14_TikkaT3XCTR-65_01 (2).JPG
    2020-05-14_TikkaT3XCTR-65_01 (2).JPG
    562.4 KB · Views: 137
Took my new Tikka roughtech .308 (new D18 barreled action with fluted barrel) out for the first time. it was chopped from 22.4” to 18” barrel before first shots.

Here’s some ballistic data.

measurement tools: magnetospeed v3 and kestrel 5700
ammo: federal gold medal match 175 gr Sierra match king

average velocity 2,471 ft sec
min 2434, max 2504, sd 17.6

environment 77 F, 29.47 pressure, 73% RH, elev 1,879 ft.

Not that I’m an old hand here but With three messages to your name this gets a flag!
Sorry 'bout that - I made a mistake posting that stuff on this forum. My bad - won't happen again.
Just got my new T3 TAC and was on this forum looking for all the info I can find. Got a fantastic deal from EuroOptic this week and it is the best price I've ever seen. .308 TAC A1 w/20" barrel AND a Vortex Viper PST Gen II scope for $1800. Includes 2 mags and a coupon for a free third mag from Beretta. Basically paid full price for the rifle and got the scope for free! Waiting for rings to get the scope mounted and get it to the range. Impressive rifle!

Last edited:
Reactions: fxdrider and DROWN
Not trying to hijack the thread, but this one has the most traffic for Tikka rifles.

Do you guys have any recommendations for soft cases?

Sorry 'bout that - I made a mistake posting that stuff on this forum. My bad - won't happen again.
Just got my new T3 TAC and was on this forum looking for all the info I can find. Got a fantastic deal from EuroOptic this week and it is the best price I've ever seen. .308 TAC A1 w/20" barrel AND a Vortex Viper PST Gen II scope for $1800. Includes 2 mags and a coupon for a free third mag from Beretta. Basically paid full price for the rifle and got the scope for free! Waiting for rings to get the scope mounted and get it to the range. Impressive rifle!
All good. That Europtics deal was fantastic as hell. Glad folks took advantage of it. I moved my CTR into a Tac A1 stock I got from the PX. Will get out with it this week hopefully. Had a new Vudoo and Seekins 6.5 PRC to zero first. Busy range days. But getting out finally is good. Early observations: The Vudoo’s action is Tikka smooth. Seekins Havak...not so much. If Tikka can get some new calibers out this summer and over here, I would be very interested.

Got a question for you guys. So I have a Tikka tac A1 in 260 rem. Have a Arken optics 6-24 coming for it. I like the America Defense QD scope mounts and want to try the low version but i'm not sure if it will clear. As of now I have the 30 moa version 34mm rings ordered its the STD height 1.550. The low version is 1.190. 1st question can anyone tell me if the low version will clear and 2nd am I going to gain anything with the 30moa version or should I get a 20 or Zero moa? The farthest I will ever shoot is 1200 yrds. but if given the chance I would like to be able to toss some at 1 mile even if its a long shot for me. I have used the calculator and its really close. That Is the only reason I am asking. I cant stand having a scope way up off the barrel.

Last edited:
@viking78 Looks like the safety on the sako trigger goes through the action somehow... wonder how hard it is to remove the trigger if thats the case... does look like a compatible with t3 trigger but I could be wrong. Is the trigger shoe adjustable back and forth like the TRG?
The integral rail is cool, but will rely on your scope rings to have any required angle.

Last edited:
What are y'alls experience with the barrel contour on the CTRs? I'm going back and forth on a varmint and a CTR in 24". It will be put in a bravo, so the extra cost of the CTR stock isn't a plus to me, and Id have to offload the mag.

If I had to guess, the CTR is a "light varmint" contour.

If you decide to go the AI route, PM me to get rid of that junk, unused, CTR mag :)

Last edited:
What are y'alls experience with the barrel contour on the CTRs? I'm going back and forth on a varmint and a CTR in 24". It will be put in a bravo, so the extra cost of the CTR stock isn't a plus to me, and Id have to offload the mag.

My Varmint measures .875 at the muzzle which is close to a #6 Bartlein Heavy Target and also the "Light Varmint". I believe the CTR is a lot less than .875

My Varmint measures .875 at the muzzle which is close to a #6 Bartlein Heavy Target and also the "Light Varmint". I believe the CTR is a lot less than .875

Are the varmit and lite varmit two different rifles?

First off what caliber are you looking for?
The models that are imported in to the US start with jrtx.

I think he's referring to light Varmint as in the contour. Krieger lists it as a contour.

For reference the t3x lite barrel is about a 2.5-3 contour, and the CTR barrel is around a light palma contour. Don't have any notes on what the t3x Varmint barrel contour is.

First off what caliber are you looking for?
The models that are imported in to the US start with jrtx.

I think he's referring to light Varmint as in the contour. Krieger lists it as a contour.

For reference the t3x lite barrel is about a 2.5-3 contour, and the CTR barrel is around a light palma contour. Don't have any notes on what the t3x Varmint barrel contour is.

I'm looking for a .223. My confusion lies from online shops (cabellas comes to mind) listing a T3x lite varmit as a model.

Is that them referring to the stock, or is there a T3x varmit, and light varmit available which have different barrel contours avalible?

I have field rifles and want something I can park my ass with, and shoot strings. Basicly I want the longest, heaviest T3x avalible in .223

I'm looking for a .223. My confusion lies from online shops (cabellas comes to mind) listing a T3x lite varmit as a model.

Is that them referring to the stock, or is there a T3x varmit, and light varmit available which have different barrel contours avalible?

I have field rifles and want something I can park my ass with, and shoot strings. Basicly I want the longest, heaviest T3x avalible in .223
There is a lite and a there is a varmint. No such thing as a lite Varmint. Probably helps with searches. That's confusing. It always helps to look up the part number. Some places (notably buds gun shop) call them Beretta t3x.

Check out https://choose.tikka.fi/usa sort by .223. Looking there and comparing only the JRT models, the Varmint and ctr both are supposedly available in 24". The question is do you want threaded or not and what is actually available.

Searching the ctr part number jrtxc314r8l shows backordered.
Searching the Varmint part number jrtxh312 (same part number as cabelas) appears available.

Reactions: Boltyboi
@viking78 Looks like the safety on the sako trigger goes through the action somehow... wonder how hard it is to remove the trigger if thats the case... does look like a compatible with t3 trigger but I could be wrong. Is the trigger shoe adjustable back and forth like the TRG?
The integral rail is cool, but will rely on your scope rings to have any required angle.

It is pritty much same frame on the trigger like Tikka has, but few changes.
Best of them all is that you can fine tune that trigger shoe position.
Trigger came off like normal Tikka, on bolt and it´s off.
That new S20 went in to a cerakoteing, tungsten grey.

What are folks getting for MV out a 20" CTR barrel in .308, with 155 Scenars?

Post your powder type/brass (& charge weights for informational purposes only).

Last edited:
No. Tikka only makes one Varmint barrel and it is .875 diameter at the muzzle.
Bartlein lists 2 barrels on their site with .875 diameter at the muzzle.
One is called Heavy Target and the other is called Light Varmint.

At the risk of asking the obvious, what stock/chassis options are out there for a "medium" length build on the long bolt stop version of the T3x? Something like the 7 SAUM or so. I figure the stock mag length should be plenty for the "just a bit too large for optimal use in a SA" gang. That said, I know that Mountain Tactical, Red Snake and Atlas also do bottom metal that'll permit use of AICS pattern stuff (or Accurate or MDT). I know MDT and XLR make a chassis that'll work (and Cadex...but...just no...not my thing). I'm definitely more of a stock ergos than chassis ergos guy and figured I'd double check myself here and see what options I might be missing.

I suppose I need to make peace with the fact that I'm gonna end up calling Manners or McMillan and putting this thing together around Christmas if I'm lucky.... Maybe I can have a race between the new barrel and the stock...setup a pool or something.

At the risk of asking the obvious, what stock/chassis options are out there for a "medium" length build on the long bolt stop version of the T3x? Something like the 7 SAUM or so. I figure the stock mag length should be plenty for the "just a bit too large for optimal use in a SA" gang. That said, I know that Mountain Tactical, Red Snake and Atlas also do bottom metal that'll permit use of AICS pattern stuff (or Accurate or MDT). I know MDT and XLR make a chassis that'll work (and Cadex...but...just no...not my thing). I'm definitely more of a stock ergos than chassis ergos guy and figured I'd double check myself here and see what options I might be missing.

I suppose I need to make peace with the fact that I'm gonna end up calling Manners or McMillan and putting this thing together around Christmas if I'm lucky.... Maybe I can have a race between the new barrel and the stock...setup a pool or something.
I would post a want ad in the PX and over at Rokslide. Someone had a nice manners listed with the long action and a new Proof Carbon barrel in a magnum caliber recently with a barrel nut. Also check out the Mesa Precision stocks. I think they can inlet for long action.

Reactions: DJL2
Hard to make out from the pics, but the mag ring clears the rear irons' ears by about 20 thou.

Nice little thing; two stage trigger, bolt safety, metal trigger guard, and a balanced, quick shouldering rig.

Tried the irons out, they work really well, threw a spare scope on a few days later.

Just waiting on a bit of epoxy to cure before adding a coat of stock oil.

Will treat it like a red headed stepchild soon after, as it appears to be a keeper.

Within a week, the dings & scratches will make Frankenstein's bride look like Barbie.

IMG_5511.jpeg

20200322_144559_0.jpeg
IMG_5670.jpeg
IMG_5669.jpeg

I’m guessing you know they are now offering the Bravo that are compatible with the CTR mags?

I’m guessing you know they are now offering the Bravo that are compatible with the CTR mags?
Varmint barrel with a CTR Bravo is a sweet set up. Spent the afternoon shooting my 223 is this configuration. Really nice setup. I am a big fan of the CTR mags.

Reactions: 260284
Varmint barrel with a CTR Bravo is a sweet set up. Spent the afternoon shooting my 223 is this configuration. Really nice setup. I am a big fan of the CTR mags.
Yep I have no issues at all with CTR mags.

Hey guys - I swapped over to an MPA, so I weighed my bravo tonight as well.

@Wiscat weighed them previously.
CTR: 34.3 oz (2.14 lbs)
His standard Bravo: 51.4 oz (3.21 lbs)
My Bravo: 58.75 (3.76 lbs)

My Bravo is one of the early ones, so it has an aluminum trigger guard, and I am running an aluminum tool-less butt pad adjustment with 3 plastic spacers.

Decent weight savings to a CTR if you want a cheap but usable stock for a long range hunting rifle in my opinion.

Hello all,
First post here, glad to be on the site. I am really looking into getting a PR. I want a Tikka the action is awesome and the barrels are great. I am wondering if I should get this new Veil Rifle as a all around PR and Hunting Rig. Seems like a good fit. Threaded Barrel. Muzzle Break. Fluted Barrel. Fluted Bolt. Light weight and great caliber. Do you think I could also use this in matches? Otherwise I am looking at the Tac A1 highest I would go though. Or the CTR or UTR?
thank you everyone.

Hello all,
First post here, glad to be on the site. I am really looking into getting a PR. I want a Tikka the action is awesome and the barrels are great. I am wondering if I should get this new Veil Rifle as a all around PR and Hunting Rig. Seems like a good fit. Threaded Barrel. Muzzle Break. Fluted Barrel. Fluted Bolt. Light weight and great caliber. Do you think I could also use this in matches? Otherwise I am looking at the Tac A1 highest I would go though. Or the CTR or UTR?
thank you everyone.

Buy a match rifle and a hunting rifle. Weight is your friend for PRS, 18lbs minimum if you want to spot hits and misses. I tried the dual purpose rifle with a CTR for matches and hunting. Even after I went to a longer heavier barrel, it wasn't heavy enough. You will end up with a heavy hunting rifle. I cut my medium palma barrel down to 18" for a handier suppressed hunting rifle, still weighs over 11 lbs.

I bought a 270 T3 and used the action and trigger for a match rifle buils. I have a 22 BR and 6.5 Creed barrels for it and it is 18-19 lbs depending on which barrel is on it.

Attachments

• 20200205_194049.jpg
    20200205_194049.jpg
    397.6 KB · Views: 226
  • 20200205_193828.jpg
    20200205_193828.jpg
    405 KB · Views: 206
thank you. I will start with a Veil for the hunting set up and I will build a heavy rifle prob off a Tikka action if I can. I like 6mm calibers but I know the barrel might need to be replaced sooner than needed. 6x47 Laupa is my leaning.

thank you. I will start with a Veil for the hunting set up and I will build a heavy rifle prob off a Tikka action if I can. I like 6mm calibers but I know the barrel might need to be replaced sooner than needed. 6x47 Laupa is my leaning.

Look hard at the 6GT, factory brass and I wouldn't be surprised if Hornady doesn't come out with factory ammunition.

I will look into it for sure. I like the 6mm so yeah I will check it out. Any reason to get a 223 Tikka make me say no LOL